HP Color Laserjet 553DN Setup and Installation Guide
- HP Color Laserjet 553DN Printer type- Workgroup- laser printer
- Print Speed- Up to 38 ppm for B/W – A4, Up to 40 ppm for B/W – Letter A Size , Up to 38 ipm for B/W duplex – A4 , Up to 40 ipm for B/W duplex – Letter A Size , Up to 38 ppm for color – A4 , Up to 40 ppm for color – Letter A Size , Up to 38 ipm for color duplex – A4 , Up to 40 ipm for color duplex – Letter A Size , Up to 59 ppm for B/W – A5 , Up to 59 ppm for color – A5
- Interface- USB 2.0, Gigabit LAN, USB 2.0 host
- Connectivity Technology- wired
- HP 553DN Printer Features- HP ePrint, Mopria certified, Instant-on Technology, hardware integration pocket
- Media Handling- 550-sheet input tray, 100-sheet multipurpose tray
- Media Type- bond paper, heavy-weight paper, labels, glossy paper, light-weight paper,card stock, preprinted paper, punched paper, recycled paper, transparencies, envelopes, opaque film, extra heavy-weight paper, heavy-weight plain paper
- Total Media Capacity- 650 sheets
- Max Resolution for B/W- 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Max Resolution for Color- 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Max Printing Speed for B/W- 40 ppm
- Max Printing Speed for Color- 40 ppm
- Automatic Duplexing- Yes
HP Color Laserjet 553DN How to Print on Windows
- We help you by offering the instructions to print a document from your printer connected to the Windows computer.
- Access the print window if you want to change the print job settings for good results.
- Before you start to print, make changes to the document. You can change the text font, size, layout option, and more to get good looking documents.
- Accessing the Printer Properties option let you use more layout, quality, and advanced settings.
- On choosing this option, the Document Properties or Printing preferences window opens. You can also alter the layouts and paper settings option for your print job. The menu names for your HP 553DN printer changes with respect to the printer model number.
- You can choose the orientation of your prints. If you want the printouts to be vertical, choose the Portrait option. Choose the Landscape option, if you want to get horizontal printouts.
- You can also set the source of paper tray, paper type, and paper size according to your requirement.
- Once you have customized all the necessary changes to the settings, tap on Ok and then Print.
- For assistance, just give a ring on the toll- free number that is prompted on the screen and get your doubts resolved.
HP Color Laserjet 553DN How to Print on Mac
- We provide the steps to get high quality printouts from the HP Color laserjet Enterprise 553 dn printer that is connected to a Mac computer.
- Do changes to the settings if you want to get good printouts. The options like text font, size, layout can be altered.
- Go to the application where you have created the document and tap on the File option. Once it is done, click on print.
- By doing this, the printer settings windows access and if you don’t want to view the menus in the windows, click on the Show Details option.
- Choose your printer from the Printer menu and from the Presets menu, click an option that suits your paper type or print job.
- Tap the unnamed menu at the center of the window to choose different setting types and then alter any of the following settings. The options that are available vary with the HP 553DN printer and the application using which you print a document.
- Set the paper type and size. Choose the Paper tray or source option to make your HP Color Laserjet 553DN printer know from where it has to take in the paper. This option is applicable for the printer which has more than one paper tray.
- You can set the quality either as Draft, Best, Normal, or Maximum DPI.
- If you the ink cartridge level of the printer is low, choose the Draft option to get lowest DPI Outputs.
- The default quality settings for most of the printers is Normal. This is suitable for most of the print jobs.
- Best is the option you can choose if you want the quality greater than Normal.
- Choose the Maximum DPI option, if you want to get the outputs at the Highest DPI.
- Add necessary changes to the document and then click on print.
- For more details, check our website or reach our technical support team and use your printer to the maximum.
HP Color Laserjet 553DN Replace Toner Cartridges
- A certain printer model is compatible with certain ink cartridges. Scrutinize the compatibility of the printer before purchasing a HP 553DN Toner cartridge.
- Verify the cartridge number in order to get it individually when the ink cartridge is dried out. Make use of the below instructions to know how to fund the series of cartridge is installed on your HP 553DN printer.
- Switch on the printer and then elevate the flap that encloses the toner cartridges.Push the toner cartridge to the printing area’s center region To pull out the toner cartridge, press the HP 553DN Toner icon that has a drop icon.
- Affirm that you have not disturbed the printhead out of its housing. Check if the printhead is moving out automatically when the button is pressed or lid is opened.
- Scrutinize the cartridge number and type. The labeling system and numbering differ liable to the printer manufacturers.
- Buy a new cartridge of the same number and affirm that you have purchased it from the appropriate manufacturer.
- Gently eliminate the cartridge which you like to replace. Based on the HP Color Laserjet 553DN printer model, you can see many cartridges to choose from. The color code of the HP 553DN Toner ink is present on the label present.
- Hold the toner cartridges. Press the clips found on the ink toner in order to take it out from the toner tray.
- Slide it at an angle away from the point of attachment. Make sure that you have not removed the ink toner until you have a replacement. Leaving the printhead empty would dry it out thereby making it unfit for use.
- Shake the newly bought cartridge to get the proper toner flow. Eliminate all the protector that covers the toner cartridge and keep it in the reverse way that you eliminate them. Keep the correct angle and affirm that it fits well in place.
- Once the cartridge is placed, leave your HP 553DN printer to print a test page so that you can come to know if the toner cartridges are properly installed.
HP Color Laserjet 553DN Troubleshooting
The HP Laserjet Enterprise 553nd is one of the good printers known for its performance and functions. Not all the time the printer would function well. Being just a small device it could also undergo some mechanical or technical issue which stops the printer from functioning. The first and foremost step is to analyze the printer’s issue. The printer issue could be related to network related, hardware, or software. Scrutinize the control panel of the printer for any alert message. We provide the easiest instructions to solve the printer issues. Troubleshooting is just a series of actions to be done to bring back the printer function. Not necessarily all the printer issues need printer service. You can try on your own to resolve certain minor printer issues. Check our website to get the solutions for the issues like HP 553DN printer offline, printer not found, out- dated firmware issue, network connection failure, blank page printing, print quality issues, Paper jam, print job stuck toner queue, issue occurred after updating the system, HP 553DN Toner cartridge related issues, black toner not printing, and more.
A cartridge is low or cartridge is very low message displays on the HP Color Laserjet 553DN printer control panel
- The printer’s control panel shows this alert message when the toner level of the cartridge installed in your printer is below the critical stage. proceeding the print job using the low level ink toner cartridge would have an impact on the print quality.
- When such alert message is displayed, substitute the toner cartridge. Redistribute the toner by removing the toner from the printer and gently shake the cartridge back and forth about its horizontal position.
- Now reinsert the toner cartridge into the printer. Subsequently, close the cover of the HP 553DN printer.
- The working capacity of each tone is varied. Buy a new HP 553DN Toner cartridge as a replacement when the control panel of the printer sends the alert message.
- The HP’s Premium Protection Warranty on the installed toner cartridge expires if the HP toner cartridge has reached very low level.
- You can change the method in which the printer responds when supplies reach the Very low state. Skip the below steps, if this is the first time you are installation the ink toner in your printer.
- For the printer’s having 2- line control panel, get directed to the control panel and choose Ok. If the HP Color Laserjet 553DN printer you have is a Touch- screen panel, get directed to the printer control panel and choose the Setup icon.
- Get directed to either Supply Settings, System Setup, very low settings, black cartridge or color cartridge.
- Select Continue to personalize the printer to alert you that the toner cartridge installed is very low, but continue the print job.
- Select the Stop option to personalize the printer to stop printing until you install a new HP 553DN Toner cartridge. Follow our tech support team on the number displayed and get the HP 553DN printer issues resolved.
HP Color Laserjet 553DN Clear paper jams
- The printer’s control panel sends the paper jam alert message eventhough no paper is jammed actually. Check if the alert issue is true. If the message is false, rebooting the printer would help you.
- Take out the jammed paper from the rear access door with power cord detached in order to prevent mechanical damage. It is recommended not to eliminate the paper jam from the front of the unit.
- To clear the paper jam, switch off the printer and turn it around so that the back side of the printer presents towards you.
- Remove the power cord from the HP 553DN printer’s rear side. Ratify that the power cord is detached in order to let the paper feed rollers to turn freely.
- Locate the rear access door and then open it by unscrewing and dragging the door toward you.
- Scrutinize the pressure rollers on the rear access door and ratify that they are clean and move freely. Clean the rollers using a soft towel slightly moistened with water, if needed. If the rollers are found to be not moving freely, get a new rear access door and replace it.
- From the rear access door opening, eliminate the jammed papers. If any of the jammed paper cannot be removed from the rear access door, take it from the front unit of the HP Color Laserjet 553DN printer.
- Eliminate the remaining paper from the paper supply tray and discard the paper which is not proper.
- Re- stack and refill the paper into the paper supply tray of the printer. Now reinstall the rear access door. Make the power connection to the printer as how you did before.
- If the paper jam issue found still, detach the power cord and take out all paper from it.
- Open the access door in order to wipe the rollers using a damp free cloth. After you clear it, reinstall the access door and ratify that the rear access door is installed properly.
- The issue could occur again, if the rear access door is not fixed properly. Open the cartridge access door and scrutinize the front end of the printer.
- Ratify that all the four rollers present moves easily and inside of the printer is free from debris or dirt.
- If any paper remain inside the HP 553DN printer make use a tweezer to remove it. Once you removed all the jammed paper, re- establish the power cord connection and try to print a new job.
- If the issue is not cleared, give a ring to the number displayed on the screen and get connected to our technical support team who would clear your HP Color Laserjet 553DN printer issue.