HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M553x Specification
It is a flagship model of HP’s 500 series of workgroup color laser printers. It has a voluminous standard paper capacity, very good speed and above-average output quality. It measures 22.9 by 18 by 18.9 inches and weighs 73 pounds. It has a standard paper capacity of immense 1,200 sheets.
This model comes with an automatic duplexer for printing on both sides of a sheet of paper. It has a 4.3-inch color touchscreen, which is tilted upwards for easy visibility. The contact point to initiate printing where you can touch an NFC-enabled tablet or smartphone is between the printer’s front edge and the screen.
It offers Ethernet, NFC, USB and Wireless Direct connectivity. NFC touch-to-print can be launched by simply touching a compatible smartphone or tablet on a particular spot on the printer. The M553x has a rated speed of 40ppm for both color and black-and-white printing. The overall output quality of M553x is great, with excellent graphics and above-par text and photos.
It has reasonably low running costs and the print resolution is 1200 x 1200 dpi. The monthly duty cycle is 80000 pages and recommended monthly volume is 2000 – 6000 pages. The HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M553x is an excellent printer, that is sold at an economically affordable price and with a lot of inbuilt features.
How To Print – Windows
Choose the printer properties option to adjust the Advanced Print Settings, layout and quality. Customize the paper type and size as per your requirement. Open the document you want to print and take a preview of the same. If you are satisfied with the changes, then select the number of copies that should be printed and select print. The file will be printed if all the steps are correctly followed. If not, an error message will be displayed. If there is an error, follow the instructions displayed in the control panel to reset the settings. You can also uninstall and reinstall the driver or update the same and try to print again. If there is an issue with the software you are trying to print from, then try to print from another software. If the issue persists, follow the troubleshooting steps given in the instruction guide to fix the issue.
How To Print – Mac
The printer can be connected to your Mac and you can print your document. You can connect your printer to your Mac via USB, Ethernet or Wireless Direct connection. Load enough paper into the input tray and make sure the paper used is not damaged or wrinkled. Before printing your document alter the Print Job Settings as per your requirement. Adjust the text font and size for the document and choose the layout options to adjust any other appearance settings. Once the changes are made, you can start to print your document. Choose the document and take a preview then select the number of copies that should be printed and finally click Print. The file will be printed if all the steps are correct. If the document is not printed, check if the driver software is up-to-date and check the paper specifications. Try to print from a different software and update the printer firmware. Check if there is a paper jam in the roller area and try to clear it. No, try to print the document.
- Wireless direct will allow you to connect your mobile device directly to the printer without having to connect to a network. It is an inbuilt feature of HP printers. Check if your printer will support the Wireless direct feature.
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M553x will support wireless direct and this can be verified on your printer’s control panel. Open the settings menu on your printer’s control panel and select wireless settings. Check if the menu has the Wireless direct option.
- If this option is not present on the operation panel, then your printer does not support the Wireless Direct feature. On your printer, turn on the Wireless direct feature by selecting the Wireless button on your printer’s control panel.
- In order to connect your printer to the device, open the Wi-Fi settings on your mobile phone and turn on Wi-Fi. Your device will now search for the available networks. Verify if your printer’s name is displayed on the list. Click on your printer’s name to connect to it.
- If prompted, enter the printer’s password. Now that your phone is connected to the printer, open a document to print using it. Go to the File menu and click Print. Alter the print attributes and type the number of copies you want before you click Print. Now, your document will start printing.
Replace Toner Cartridges
- When the toner eventually runs out only blank pages print when a print job or copy job is sent to a printer. An error message will be displayed on the printer’s control panel saying that the toner is empty. In this stage, the toner cartridge needs to be replaced.
- For best results, use standard HP toner cartridge as HP does not guarantee the print quality and printer reliability when non-HP cartridges are used. Make sure that you don’t touch the contacts of the toner cartridge.
- Turn on your printer by pressing the Power button. Check the Estimated Ink Level on your HP Solution Center and press the Print Cartridge button on the control panel that matches the toner cartridge you want to replace.
- The printer will make some noise when it is rotating the cartridges into the correct position. Wait until the Print Cartridge button will stop blinking. Once the printer stops making noise, lift up the printer cartridge door to open it.
- Grasp the handle on the used cartridge and then pull it out. Now, take the new cartridge out of its package. To do this, first, pull the tape from the side of the box. Pull the cartridge out of the box.
- Remove it from the cardboard and tear open the plastic packaging. Then remove the cartridge from the plastic. Hold the new cartridge by its sides. Gently rock the cartridge to distribute the toner evenly inside.
- Remove the protective tape from the new toner cartridge. Remove the protective shielding. It is important to hold the cartridge by its sides. Touching the roller can damage the cartridge. To insert the cartridge into the correct slot grasp it using the center handle.
- Make sure you are installing the cartridges in the correct slots. Match the letter on the cartridge and the letter on the carriage. Lower the printer cartridge door. Allow up to three minutes for the printer to calibrate.
- Place the used cartridge in a bag and set it aside for recycling. Your printer is now ready for regular use. Print a sample document to check the printer’s performance and make sure that the alignment page is scanned.
The process of identifying, planning and resolving a printer problem is called troubleshooting a printer. You can repair and restore the printer software when it becomes faulty or unresponsive. Troubleshooting is done to keep the printer in the desired condition when it encounters a problem. It is a systematic approach done within phases based on the complexity of a problem. The first step is to identify the problem and then to come up with a solution to counteract the problem. At times the solution can be more complex, as there might be more than one reason for the problem to happen. We can individually troubleshoot the problem by testing different solutions to eliminate the fault.
Clear Paper Jams
- Follow the user guide to clear the paper jam. Remove the sheets of paper from input and output tray. Check if there is a paper jam in the roller, input or output area and clear it. Thoroughly check the rollers for torn pieces of paper.
- Pull the paper with both hands, to avoid tearing of sheets. Check for torn pieces of paper in the duplexer and fuser area. Check for paper jam in the toner-cartridge area and optional tray. Remove the ink cartridges and check the cartridge area for pieces of paper.
- Check the base of the printer for jammed sheets of paper. Check if the ink cartridge access door is securely closed. Make sure that the printer is placed on a flat surface. Remove the paper that does not meet the paper specification for the printer.
- Remove folded, wrinkled or damaged papers. Replace them with fresh sheets. Check if the carriage can move freely across the width of the printer. Do not use previously used sheets of paper and do not overfill the paper tray.
- Remove any extra sheet of paper and check if the tray is properly inserted. Make sure the paper guides rest on the edge of the paper. Remember to align the cartridges after placing them in the cartridge holder. Check if you have used the Clean Page Smears tool to clean the page smears.
Improve Print Quality
- On your printer’s control panel, go to Manage Supplies and click Print Supplies Status. This will give a report on all supply items. Check the report to verify the estimated level of the toner cartridge. Replace the cartridge if the level of ink is lesser than that which is required for quality printing.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and examine the cartridge that is used for printing. If it is not Genuine HP cartridge or if it is damaged, then replace the cartridge. After replacing the cartridge, close the ink cartridge access door and try printing. Go to Device Maintenance, then select the Calibration option and tap the Cleaning Page.
- The automatic cleaning tool will clear out any smears and a cleaning message will be displayed. Updates for the driver are regularly released by HP which can be downloaded. To increase the performance of your printer regular firmware update is required. Clean the printhead regularly by navigating to Tools on the printer’s control panel.
- The printhead can be manually cleaned by soaking it in a container that is filled with distilled water. Make sure the ink clogs get dissolved and then remove the printhead from the container. Place the printhead on a paper towel and wipe the nozzles with a dry paper towel. Reinstall the printhead and cartridges into the printer.