Best 123.hp.com/envy5540 installation Support
Best HP Envy 5540 unboxing solution
- Eliminate the printer from the box. Eliminate all tape and packing materials from the outside of the HP Envy 5540 printer.
- Eliminate the sticker on the control panel display. Raise to open the scanner lid.
- Eliminate all tape and packing materials from the scanner glass. Shut the scanner lid.
- Reach inside the printer grip the handle and then raise up to remove all tape and packing materials from inside the HP Envy 5540 all in one printer.
- Shut the cartridge access door.
- Grip the handle on the paper tray and tuck open the tray, raise to remove the output tray, and then eliminate all tape and packing materials from the photo tray.
- With the paper tray tugged out, shove in the photo tray.
- Glide out the paper width guides, and then eliminate all tape and packing materials from inside the paper tray.
- Substitute the output tray on the paper tray, and then shove in the paper tray until it fits into place.
- Remove or reprocess the packing materials.
Step 2 : Monitor the 123.hp.com/envy5540 setup contents of the box
Ensure that you eliminate all hardware and materials from the box before reprocessing the box.
Step 3 : Mount paper into the paper tray
Before you connect the cartridges, mount the paper tray with plain white paper.
- Grip the handle on the input tray, and then tug the tray toward you to open it.
- The Close Tray screen exhibits on the 123.hp.com/envy5540 installation printer control panel with the message, ‘A paper tray is displayed. Shut the tray to continue.
- Tap to view paper loading commands.’ The Play icon also exhibits on the bottom left corner of the touchscreen.
- With the paper tray tugged out, shove in the photo tray as extreme as possible.
- Glide out the paper width guides as extreme as possible.
- Mount plain white paper into the paper tray.
- Shove the stack of paper toward the back of the paper tray till the paper stops, and then softly glide in the paper width guides until they slightly rest beside the edges of the paper.
- Shove in the paper tray until it snaps into it’s
- The Have You Changed the Paper? screen exhibits. If you do not tap an option, the message disappears after several seconds, and the HP Envy 5540 all in one printer uses the last paper options that were typed. Alter the paper settings as required.
- If you don’t change the paper size click OK to reappear to the Home screen, or pause several seconds to permit the printer to spontaneously return to the Home screen.
- If you did change the paper size, monitor these steps to alter the paper settings
- If you changed the paper in the input (main) tray, click Main Tray, tap Paper Size, and then click your paper size. Tap Paper Type, and then click your paper type. Select Done, and then tap OK to reappear to the Home screen, or pause several seconds to permit the 123 hp com setup envy5540 printer to mechanically return to the Home screen.
- If you changed the paper in the photo tray, ensure that 4×6 in., Photo Paper exhibits in the Photo Tray Tap OK to reappear to the Home screen, or pause several seconds to permit the printer to spontaneously reappear to the Home screen.
If the field of photo tray displays as Empty, pull the photo tray and ensure that the photo paper is shoved all the way to the back of the tray, and then shove the photo tray into the printer until it snaps into place.
Step 4 : Link the power cord and fix your choices
- Link the power cord to the back of the 123.hp.com/envy5540 setup printer, and then join the other end of the power cord into an electrical socket.
- Push the Power button to switch on the 123.hp.com/envy5540 installation printer.
- On the printer control panel, tap your favorite language, and then tap Continue to check your choice.
- Tap the display to choose your specific country/region, and then tap Continue Setup.
- Move the display to fix the month, day, and year, and then tap Continue.
- Swipe the display to fix the time, and then tap Continue.
Step 5 : Fix the cartridges in 123.hp.com/envy5540 setup
- Pull the cartridge access door and raise it up. The Door Open screen exhibits on the printer control panel with the note ‘The cover or door must be shut to print. Monitor that it is fully closed.’
- Eliminate one of the cartridges from its package. Be cautious to only touch the black plastic on the cartridge.
- Tug the orange tab to eliminate the protective tape.
- Glide the new cartridge at a rising angle into the blank slot, and then mildly push up on the cartridge until it locks into place.
- Add the tri-color cartridge into the left slot and black cartridge3 into the right slot.
- Recap these steps to fix the other cartridge.
- Shut the cartridge access door. When the door is fully closed, the Door Open screen with the note ‘The cover or door must be shut to print. Examine that it is fully closed.’ vanishes, and the printer reappears to the Home screen.
- Tap OK.
- Pause for the printer to standardize and line up the cartridges. After the alignment is through, the HP Envy 5540 all in one printer prints an alignment page.
- If the alignment page does not print, track these steps to finish the alignment
- Ensure that you have mounted plain white paper into the paper tray.
- On the printer control panel, tap Setup .
- Tap Printer Maintenance, and then select Align Printer.
- Track the instructions on the control panel to finish the alignment process. When the alignment is done, the printer prints an alignment page.
- Tap OK, and then remove or reprocess the alignment page.
Step 6 : Mount the 123.hp.com/envy5540 setup printer software
Your 123.hp.com/envy5540 setup printer hardware is now 123.hp.com/envy5540 installation and you can print the printing software. Do not try to link the printer to a computer until urged to do so in the printing software.