HP LaserJet Enterprise M608dn Support and Help
- This is a monochrome HP Laserjet Enterprise M608DN laser printer that can print up to a speed of 61 ppm. It has a clear 2.7-inch QVGA LCD display and is based on wired connectivity. It can be connected to a computer via USB interface.
- It has a variety of print features that include Instant-on Technology, Auto Power Off, Auto Power On, JetIntelligence Cartridge Technology, HP ePrint, Mopria certified and hardware integration pocket.
- It has a 550-sheet input tray and a 100-sheet multipurpose tray. It has a maximum print resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi. It has a monthly duty cycle of 275000 pages and a recommended monthly page volume of 5000 – 25000 pages.
- It supports a wide range of media types that include preprinted paper, labels, card stock, light-weight paper, punched paper, plain paper, bond paper, recycled paper, envelopes and transparencies.
- The HP M608DN printer can check its operating code and repair itself from attempted hacks with HP Sure Start. With HP Web Jetadmin, you can centralize control of your printing environment.
- With precision black toner, you can produce bold blacks, sharp text and crisp graphics. HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence technology deliver more pages per cartridge. This HP Laserjet M608DN printer is a perfect choice for businesses with large printing needs.
HP Laserjet Enterprise M608DN Driver and Manual Download
- These days printers are designed with the ability to insert a memory card and print directly from it without a computer. In order to print from a computer, a driver software is required. You can download the driver software from our website or it can be directly installed using the Installation disc.
- The HP M608DN printer software will establish communication between your printer and computer. The printer software needs to be updated regularly as HP releases updates whenever a new feature added to the driver software. Download the driver from the driver download page. Make sure you are choosing the correct driver that will suit your HP Laserjet Enterprise M608DN printer and operating system.
- The installer will extract and then open. If prompted by the User Account Control in Windows, click Yes. The HP Easy Start Utility will open. HP Easy Start will help you connect your HP Laserjet M608DN printer to the network, activate and register your printer and install the latest drivers and software. Click the Accept checkbox to agree to the terms and then click Continue.
- HP Easy Start will detect your HP Enterprise M608DN printer. It is recommended to install all the features of the printer driver, so make sure Full Feature Installation is selected for the printer to perform properly. If you want only certain features to be installed, then select Custom Installation. You will be able to select the type of connectivity, choose USB and click Next.
- At this point, you can activate and register your HP M608DN printer. Now the installer will check HP’s servers for the latest software and drivers for your printer. Once downloaded, the printer software Installation will extract and then open.
- Now, you will be able to view your printer on the Devices and Printers screen. On your computer, open Windows and search for Devices and Printers. In this proceeding Printers window, you will be able to find your printer’s name added to it. Right-click your HP Laserjet M608DN printer’s name and select the Set as Default option.
HP M608DN Toner Cartridges Installation and Replacements Steps
- Do not turn off your HP Laserjet Enterprise M608DN printer while the On light is flashing or the toner will be wasted. If the toner cartridge is not installed correctly, an error screen will be displayed. Lift up the exterior unit and press the toner cartridge down until it clicks into place. When you’re finished, press the OK button.
- After uninstalling a low or expended toner cartridge, you cannot re-install and use the same cartridge. If the toner level in the cartridge is low or empty, then replace the cartridge with genuine HP cartridges. You need to remove the cartridge only when the HP Enterprise M608DN printer is not working or the toner is low in level.
- First, turn on your printer. Open the printer’s exterior cover and then open the cartridge access door. The carriage will move to the center of the printer. Wait until the HP M608DN printer is idle before continuing to the next step. Press down on the cartridge you need to replace to release it. Remove the cartridge from the cartridge access area.
- Remove the new cartridge from its package and remove the plastic tape from the cartridge using the pull tab. Do not place your fingers on the copper-colored contacts. Make sure the cartridges are installed in the correct slot. Slide the new ink cartridges into their slot at a slightly upward angle, then push the cartridges into their cartridge holder until it snaps into its place.
- Close the HP Laserjet Enterprise M608DN ink cartridge access door and the exterior cover. Open the output tray extender. After 30 seconds, an alignment page will print. Open the scanner lid and place the alignment page on the right-front corner of the scanner bed with the HP Laserjet Enterprise M608DN monochrome laser printer duplex print side facing down. Close the scanner lid.
- Press the Start Copy Black button to scan the alignment page. Scan the alignment page within one minute of printing. If the alignment fails, then you can print the new alignment page from the HP software on your Windows or Mac.
HP Laserjet Enterprise M608DN Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting is done when your HP Laserjet M608DN printer stops working suddenly. Troubleshooting requires critical thinking and it is useful to consider the common experiences. The basic step is to start from the simplest and most probable possible problems. Each component in the printer should be checked and substituted with a good component to rule out the suspect. This process is called serial substitution. Try to execute every possible solution to troubleshoot a HP M608DN printer problem. If the problem gets fixed, the other steps need not be executed. We can also use a systematic checklist, troubleshooting procedure or a flowchart to fix the issue. Some steps that can be used to troubleshoot most print issues. The first one in that list is to check if the driver software is up-to-date. If the driver is not updated, then try to download the updated software. You can set your system to automatically download the updates for your driver. If not, uninstall the driver and reinstall the updated one. The last resort is to reset the printer to factory settings. You can execute this using the default printer’s control panel settings or you can perform a hard reset. Before you want to hard reset, save all HP Laserjet Enterprise M608DN monochrome laser printer duplex print job and make sure that is is the only option left to fix the issue.
A “Cartridge is low” message displays on the HP Laserjet Enterprise M608DN printer control panel
- If your printer stops printing and displays “A cartridge is low” message, then check the estimated toner level. If the toner level is low, the Toner icon will start blinking or an error message will be displayed on your printer’s control panel. You will be able to check the estimated toner level on your printer’s control panel.
- If you find out that the cartridges are low on toner level, then immediately replace them or buy another cartridge that can be replaced as soon as this cartridge drains out. If there are any blinking toner alert lights on your HP M608DN printer’s control panel, then replace the toner cartridge that is low or out of ink as indicated with genuine HP toner cartridges.
- First, turn on the HP Laserjet M608DN printer and open the cartridge access door. The carriage will move to the center of the printer. Wait until the printer stops making noise and becomes idle before you continue. Press down on the cartridge you need to replace to release it. Uninstall the empty cartridge from the cartridge area and keep it aside for recycling.
- Remove the new cartridge from its package and use the pull tab to remove the plastic tape from the cartridge. The nozzles or copper-colored contacts should not be touched. The replacement cartridge should be installed in its correct slot. When you are reinstalling the toner cartridges, make sure that it is inserted at an upward angle, then push the cartridge until it snaps into place.
- If necessary, replace the other cartridge as well. Close the cartridge access door. Load plain, white paper into the main input tray. On the printer control panel, press the Setup button. Select Clean Printhead and then press OK. The automated tool will clean the printhead. The printer will calibrate and an alignment page will be printed. Your HP Laserjet Enterprise M608DN printer is now ready for regular use.
HP Enterprise M608DN Clear paper jam
- If there is a paper jam, the HP M608DN printer will automatically try to clear off the same. When there is an error message displayed on the touch panel, click OK and the HP Laserjet Enterprise M608DN printer will now attempt to clear out the paper jam. If the error still persists, pull out the paper tray and remove all the paper from it.
- Open the input tray and pull out the paper width guides. Check for any paper stuck in the paper tray and gently pull it out without tearing it. Check the inside of the paper tray for torn pieces of paper as they might also lead to a paper jam. Use a flashlight to check if there is any paper stuck in between the rollers.
- To remove paper stuck in the cartridge access area, open the cartridge access door. Check for any paper stuck inside and pull out the paper. Make sure there is no paper debris or any packaging material in the cartridge area. Close the cartridge access door. To clear the paper stuck in the rear of the printer, turn off the HP Laserjet M608DN printer and unplug it.
- Remove the paper cover path and get rid of any paper stuck inside the HP M608DN printer. Check if the carriage inside the ink cartridge door is able to move freely. Move the carriage to one end and check for paper debris. Clean the paper feed roller and reset the printer if none of the above steps are working.
- Turn on your printer and disconnect the power cable from the printer. Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet and wait for few minutes. Reconnect the power cable and the printer will turn on automatically. Check if the HP Laserjet Enterprise M608DN printer is placed on a flat surface such that the input tray is not bent when it is pushed in. Make sure the paper used meets the media specification.