HP LaserJet Enterprise M527dn Printer Specs
- The HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M527dn is a multifunction printer that can print, copy and scan. It supports multitasking.
- It has a normal print speed of up to 43 ppm for black printouts. It can deliver first pages (black) at 5.7 seconds.
- It has a monthly duty cycle up to 150,000 A4 pages and a recommended monthly page volume of 2000 to 7500 pages.
- It uses laser technology to deliver quality prints. It offers a print resolution of up to 1200 X 1200 dpi for black.
- It supports HP ePrint and Apple AirPrint. It offers 2 Hi-speed USB 2.0 host and 1 Hi-speed USB 2.0 device and 1 Gigabit Ethernet for connectivity.
- It has one 550 sheet input tray and supports up to 3 optional additional 550 sheets input tray.
- It also provides 1 X 100-sheet multipurpose tray. It has a 250-sheet output bin. It supports standard automatic duplex printing.
- It features a flatbed scanner with an automatic document feeder. It can scan documents to PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A.
- It has a scan resolution of up to 600 dpi and a maximum scan size of 356 X 216 mm. The automatic document feeder can scan document from a minimum of 105 X 127 mm to a maximum of 356 X 216 mm.
- HP recommends a monthly scan volume of 4150 to 6900. The Printer features Duplex ADF
How to Print, Scan
The HP MFP M 527dn lets your print quality documents from your operating system.
- From the software program, choose the print option. Alter any setting to change the visual aspect of the printout. If you wish to change the paper size, choose the printer, and then choose the Properties or Preferences button. Choose the Paper/Quality tab.
- Choose the paper size from the Paper size drop-down list, and then select OK. In the print dialog box, choose the OK button to print the Job,.
- Form the software, select the File menu. If you wish to change the paper size, finish one of the following procedures to select a paper size.
- If Page setup option is shown, choose page Setup. Choose a size form the Paper Size drop-down list, and then choose the OK button. Choose Print. If no Page Setup option is listed: Select Show Details. Choose a Size from the Paper Size drop-down list, and then choose Print.
- You can scan to Google Drive, if you have a Google account. You will need to download and install the Google driver app. After the initial-setup of Google Drive, create a folder where the documents will be stored after scanning. Right-click and choose properties. Choose Advanced sharing. Choose Share this folder. Provide the permission and choose OK. Choose Security and provide read/write access to the user.
- Right-Click on the Google Drive icon on the notification area. Select the three vertical dots. Choose Pause. Open Printer EWS and configure scan to folder with the the created shared path. Resume the sync. If a green tick mark appears on the document, it indicates that the document is shared successfully to the Google Drive.
How to fax, copy setup
- Insert the document print side down on the scanner glass, or place it print side up in the document feeder and alter the paper guides to fit the size of the document.
- From the Home Screen on the control panel, choose the Fax button. Choose the recipients manually or from the contacts list.
- To configure settings for the document, choose the More options button. For example: Choose Resolution to specify the resolution for fax. If the original document is printed on both sides, choose Original Sides, and then select 2 sided.
- Choose the preview button to preview the document. Once the document is ready, tap the start button to send the fax.
- Place the document print side down on the scanner glass, or place it print side up in the document feeder and adjust the paper guides to fit the dimensions of the document. From the home screen on the printer’s control panel, choose Fax. You might be required to type a user name and password.
- Choose the recipients manually or from your contacts list. To load a Quick Set (predefined setting), choose a Quick Set and then choose Load under the Quick Sets list.
- To alter settings such as Resolution, Sides and Content Orientation, choose Options in the lower left corner, and then choose the settings from the options menus. Choose Done, if prompted.
- Go through the preview using the expand or collapse button in the left of the preview pane. Use the buttons on the right of the screen to adjust the preview options and to rearrange, rotate, insert, or remove pages. When the document is agreeable, choose Send to send the fax.
- Load the document face-down on the scanner glass, or place it print-side up in the document feeder and adjust the paper guides to fit the dimensions of the document.From the Home screen on the printer control panel, choose the copy.
- To change the number of copies, choose the copies field to access a keypad. Choose the more options buttons, and then choose the optimize Text/Picture button.
- Choose one of the predefined options, or select the Manually Alter button, and then adjust the slider in the Optimize for area. Choose the OK button. Choose the copy button.
- After selecting copy, choose settings from the sides menu and the Color/Black menu (color printer), and the choose Done. If you are using a Quick Set , choose Load under Quick Sets and Defaults.
- Choose the Quick Set from the list, and then choose Load in the lower right corner. To alter settings, choose Options in the lower left corner, and choose the setting from the options menus. Choose Done if prompted.
- If you have any queries, contact our technical support team through the toll-free number.
Toner Cartridges replace
Toner cartridges require replacement when they are out of or have very low ink. Ensuring that your toner cartridge has enough ink allows you to print documents that meet the printer’s standard quality output. The printer will inform you when the toner cartridge is low or very low. The actual toner cartridge level might vary. Ensure that you have a replacement cartridge available to install when print quality is unsatisfactory. Continue using the current cartridge until redistributing the toner no longer yields satisfactory print quality. To redistribute the toner, take the toner out of the printer and gently rock the cartridge back and forth by its horizontal axis. Follow the instruction below to replace the toner cartridge.
- Push the top-cover release button on the left side of the printer. Draw open the front door. Grab the handle of the user toner cartridge and pull it to take it out.
- Unpack the new cartridge by peeling off the plastic strip and opening the package. Make use of the packaging material to recycle the old toner cartridge.
- Grab both the ends of the toner cartridge and shake it gently 5-6 times. This will ensure that the ink in the cartridge is spread evenly.
- Align the toner cartridge with its slot, and then place the toner cartridge into the printer.
- Shut the front door. Keep the old toner cartridge into the package that the new cartridge was delivered in.
- Before you set up the paper tray, make sure you place the printer on a sturdy and stable surface. The location should be dust free and be away from direct sunlight. Once you have removed the packing material, you can connect the printer to a power source.
- If you are using FutureSmart 3, from the home screen on the control panel, touch the Network button to display the IP address or host name. From FutureSmart 4, from the home screen on the printer control panel, tap the information icon, and then tap the network icon to display the IP address or host name.
- Open a Web browser, and in the address line, enter the IP address or host name of the printer exactly as it appears on the printer control panel. Push the Enter key on the computer keyboard.
- Choose Copy/Print or Print tab. Open the Manage trays menu. Alter the tray settings. To change Paper size and type for a tray, in the area labeled trays, choose the Modify link next to the name of the tray. To alter the default size, choose a paper size from the Size drop-down list. To alter the default paper type, choose the paper type from the Type drop-drown list. Select OK to go back to the main Manage Trays page.
- To alter general tray settings, in the area labeled General Tray Settings, open the drop-down list of the appropriate configuration. Choose the required settings. Choose Apply to save the settings.
- Load Tray 1 by opening it and pulling out the tray extension to support the stack of paper and position the side guides to the correct width. Place paper in the tray and ensure that the the stack fits under the tab on the guides and does not go above the load-level indicators. Alter the side guides so that they lightly come in contact with the paper stack but do not bend it.
- You can load Tray 2 by drawing it out and lifting it up a little to remove it fully from the printer. Alter the paper guides by pressing the adjustment latches and shifting the guides to the dimensions of the paper being used.
- Place paper into the tray. Examine the paper to check if the guides lightly come in contact with the stack, but do not bend it. Shut the tray. The control panel displays the tray’s paper type and size. If the configuration is not correct, follow the prompts on the control panel to alter the type or size.
A “Cartridge is low” or “Cartridge is very low” message displays on the printer control panel.
- A cartridge is very low indicates that the cartridge level is low. You need not replace the cartridge, unless you are dissatisfied with the print quality. You can remove the toner cartridge and gently rock it by its horizontal axis, to redistribute it evenly. If you are dissatisfied with the print quality, you can replace the toner cartridge.
- If the Printer’s control panel displays a Cartridge is very low, then you can continue to print till the quality is acceptable. Once the quality of the printer is unsatisfactory, you can replace the cartridge.
- If you are using the FutureSmart 3, access the following menus: Manage supplies, Supply settings, Black Cartridge or Color Cartridges, and Very low settings. Choose one of the options. If you are using FutureSmart 4, access the following menus: Manage Supplies and Very Low behavior. Choose the cartridge and choose one of the options.
- To change how the printer behavior when low level is detected, you can alter the settings to either continue printing by selecting the Continue Option, or inform you and continue to print by selecting the prompt to continue, or cease to print on reaching low levels by selecting the stop option.
Clear Paper Jams
Jam in Feeder Cover
- You will receive a 31.13.13 error appears on the control panel, it means that there is a jam in the document feeder because the feeder cover is open.
- Open and shut the document feeder cover. If issue persists, draw out the document feeder cover. Take out any Jammed paper. Examine if there is no damaged parts on the cover. Shut the document feeder cover.
- Check that the originals do not have any staples, paper clips, or self-adhesive, and are not wrinkled, folded, or damaged.
- Switch on the printer off and then back on. Attempt using the document feeder again.
Jam in other Areas
- If there is a Jam in Output bin, and if the paper is visible in the output bin, hold the leading edge and remove it.
- If there is a Jam in the Rear door and fuser area, draw out the rear door. Take out any jammed paper. Shut the rear door.
- If there is a Jam in the toner cartridge area, push the top-cover release button to the left-side of the printer. Draw out the front door. Take out the toner cartridge. Raise the Jam-access cover and gently remove any jammed paper. Make sure not to tear the paper. Place the toner cartridge back in its position. Shut the front door.
Jam in Tray 1
- While removing any paper always use both hands to ensure that the paper does not tear while applying force. Use a torchlight.
- If you are able to see most of the sheet of paper in the tray, slowly take out paper out of the printer. Ensure that the entire sheet is removed. If it tears or if most of the paper is inside the printer, try the steps that follow:
- Push the top-cover release button on the left side of the printer. Draw open the front door. Take out the toner cartridge.
- Raise the jam-access cover and slowly remove any jammed paper. Ensure that the paper is not torn. Put back the toner cartridge. Shut the front-door.
Jam in Tray 2:
- Take out the paper from the tray, and remove any damaged paper. Check the rear paper guide is positioned according to the indentation for the correct paper dimension.
- If required, pinch the release and shift the rear paper guide to the correct position. It should snap into position. Place the paper into the tray and ensure that the height of the stack does not exceed the maximum height indicated. Place the tray in the printer and close it. Push the top cover-release button on the left side of the printer. Open the front door.
- Take out the toner cartridge. Raise the jam-access cover and gently remove any jammed paper. Ensure that you do not tear the paper. Place the toner cartridge back into the printer. Shut the front door.