HP Deskjet 2020 Setup
- With the HP Deskjet 2020 printer, print a high quality document and photo.
- Use this printer to print more document and get up to 1500 pages from a single cartridge.
- The printer is designed in such a way that it can fit into any of the desks.
- Create a borderless lab-quality photographs, flyers and leaflets in a matter of minutes.
- The HP Deskjet 2020 printer works with Windows and Mac operating system.
- The printer’s print speed for black is up to 7ppm and for color is up to 4ppm.
- The printer’s paper handling capacity: input tray is up to 60 sheets and the output tray is up to 25 sheets.
- The HP Deskjet 2020 is an Energy Star Certified printer which means the printer saves the energy without compromising its performance.
- Use a USB cable to connect the HP Deskjet 2020 printer and the computer.
First-time 123.hp.com dj2020 Printer setup
- Without setting up the printer, you can use it for further process. The printer setup includes both hardware and software setup.
- Make use of the procedures that are listed below to set up the HP Deskjet 2020 printer for the first time. The guides include both hardware and software setup.
- Unpack the printer and its components from the packing material. Peel off all the tapes and stickers from it.
- Plug-in the power cord to the posterior side of the printer and then connect it to a wall outlet.
- Lift the input tray. Place sufficient paper inside it. Before placing the paper, ensure that the papers are compatible with the printer.
- Align the papers and then place it inside the input tray. Do not overfill the papers inside the input tray,
- After inserting the paper, adjust the paper width guides based on the paper size.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Unwrap all the tapes and stickers from the cartridge.
- Ensure that the cartridge you’re going to install is clean if the cartridges are not clean, the printer will not recognize it while printing.
- Position the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot and then insert the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot.
- Check whether that the cartridges are placed properly and then lock the cartridge access door.
- After inserting the cartridges, you have to align it to achieve the best print quality.
- Download and install the suitable driver and software for the printer. It is suggested to install the full feature printer driver and software.
- You can easily install the software on your computer. Just make a call at the toll-free number.
- Our tech team will install the driver on your system via a remote access.
Refill ink cartridges
STEP 1:An ink is an essential for the printer to print a document. To avoid printing delays, it is suggested to estimate the ink level of the cartridge.
STEP 2:During the estimation process, if you find that the cartridge is empty, either you have to refill it or replace it with a new one.
STEP 3:The printer cartridges are costly so it is better to refill the ink cartridge. Here are the guides that might help you to refill the ink cartridge of the HP Deskjet 2020 printer.
STEP 4:Open the ink cartridge access door. Take off the empty cartridge from the respective slot. You might find a black spot on the white sticker covering the top cover of the cartridge.
STEP 5:Below the black spot, you might find a hole through which you can inject the ink into the cartridge. Unwrap the sticker to find the hole.
STEP 6:Before starting the process, check the cartridge slot and ensure that you are refilling it into the correct cartridge. Do not mix up the colors by refilling the ink into the wrong cartridge.
STEP 7:Fill the ink into the syringe slowly and inject it into the hole. While filling the ink, ensure that there is no air bubbles inside it.
STEP 8:Air gaps will block the ink cartridge. It is recommended to fill the cartridge the nearer capacity and not full.
STEP 9:After filling the cartridge, it must be allowed to set for a few hours. This allows the ink to settle at the bottom of the sponge. The sponge will be inside the cartridge and it cannot be seen.
STEP 10:After the process, you have to place the cartridge into the slot. Insert the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot and then place the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot.
STEP 11:After inserting the cartridge, lock the cartridge access door. Check whether that the cartridges are placed properly.
STEP 12:Try to print a sample document using the printer to check its performance.
STEP 13:If the document is as expected quality, you’re done. You can continue with the print job.
STEP 14:If the printer doesn’t provide the document with an expected quality, ensure that you have filled the ink properly.
STEP 15:To get more information about ink cartridge refilling, contact our technical team at the toll-free number.
A driver and software installation is one of the most important part of the setup process. It comes with the software setup process. Without installing the printer driver on the computer, you cannot use the printer to print.
There are two possible methods to install the driver in your system.
- a. With the help of an installation CD
- b. From the Website.
1. Go through the guides that are given below to download and install the printer driver on the computer.
2. Initially, use the installation CD to install the printer driver and software.
3. Power on the computer where you need to install the printer driver. Open the computer’s disc drive and place the CD into it.
4. Run and Execute the setup file based on the instructions that are displayed on the screen. During the installation process, you are prompted to choose the connection type.
5. For Windows OS, install the .exe file type and for Mac OS, you have to install the .dmg file type.
6. Based on the printer compatibility, select the connection type and complete the installation.
7. Try to print a sample document using the printer to check its performance. If you find any issue, move to an alternative method.
8. Give a call at the toll-free number that is displayed on this website. Our tech experts will install the driver on the computer via a remote access.
9. Make your printer ready to print the desired document or photo.
While printing a document, if you find that the printer troubles you with an issue, you have to rectify it. Without resolving the issue, you cannot move further to print a document. The users who are familiarized with the printer can identify the problem and determine the exact cause. Problems might be caused by issues as incompatible hardware, outdated printer driver and software, loose connection between the printer and computer, incorrect configurations, or other issues. There are several basic troubleshooting tips that you can follow to resolve the solve the printer problem. Just make a call at the toll-free number that is displayed on this website to make your printer ready to print a document.
Blinking power light
STEP 1: If the printer’s power light blinks normally then the printer is processing a print job and the printer is performing a routine task such as ink cartridge alignment.
STEP 2: If the power light blinks normally, no action is required. Wait for the printer to complete the print job process.
STEP 3: If you want to cancel a print job, press the printer’s power button.
STEP 4: If the printer’s power light blinks slowly then the HP Deskjet 2020 printer is in sleep mode.
STEP 5: In most of the cases, the printer goes to sleep mode automatically after five minutes of inactivity this is to reduce the power consumption.
STEP 6: If you need to bring the printer from sleep mode to active mode, tap the power button of the printer.
STEP 7: If you find that the printer’s power light blinks fast and a message displays on the computer then the printer needs a maintenance or it is in an error state.
STEP 8: Ensure that you have installed the updated driver and software for the printer. Clean the printer and its parts regularly.
STEP 9: Update the printer firmware. Place the printer on a flat surface to avoid paper jam issue.
STEP 1:In some cases, you might get a false paper jam error message on the control panel of the printer.
STEP 2:Restarting the printer and computer might help you to resolve the false paper jam issue.
STEP 3:Remove all the papers from the tray and check whether that there is any jammed paper inside it.
STEP 4:If you find any jammed paper or bit of torn pieces, remove it from the tray and then place the papers inside the input tray,
STEP 5:Prior to loading the paper, align the papers. Overfilling the papers inside the tray might cause the paper jam issue.
STEP 6:Use plain white paper to print a document. Do not use wrinkled, curled or stapled papers to print the document.
STEP 7:Dust and debris might accumulate on the printer roller and this will cause the paper jam. To avoid the paper jam issue, clean the printer roller properly.
STEP 8:Try printing a sample document using the printer to verify its performance. If the printer prints the document, you can continue with the print job.
STEP 9:If you still find an issue, consult our technical support team at the toll-free number.