123.hp.com dj2131 PRINTER SETUP
1. HP DeskJet 2131 is an all-in-one that can print, copy and scan. It has a black print speed of 20 ppm and a color print speed of 16 ppm.
2. It has a monthly duty cycle of 1000 pages and a recommended monthly volume of 50 to 100 pages. It uses HP Thermal Inkjet Technology.
3. It uses a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connectivity. It has an input tray capacity of 60 sheets and an output tray capacity of 100 sheets. It supports A4, B5, A6 and DL envelopes.
4. It has a maximum printing resolution of 1200 X 1200 dpi for black and white and 4800 X 1200 dpi for color. It operates with two cartridges.
5. It offers a optical resolution of 1200 X 1200 dpi for the scanner. It supports a maximum scan size of 216 X 297 mm. It can scan documents to JPEG, TIFF, PDF, BMP AND PNG.
6. The printer delivers a maximum copy resolution of 600 X 300 dpi for black text and 600 X 300 dpi for color text and graphics.
7. HP offers optional high-yield cartridges for the DeskJet 2131. It helps you conserve energy as it is Energy Star certified.
How to print, copy, scan
From the software you wish to print, choose Print. The print preview window open, alter any settings and choose print. If you wish to print on both sides using your DeskJet 2131, you need to feed the paper manually.
To prevent page ordering issues, place enough papers in the input tray. Open the file you wish to print, select file, and then choose print. Choose the name of your printer, then select Printer Properties, Preferences, or Printer Setup, based on what appears.
If a printing shortcut is present, choose the Print on Both sides or Two-Sided Printing option. If not, choose the Layout, Feature, or Finishing tab, based on what tab appears in your driver version. Choose the Print on Both sides or Two sided printing option.
Select the binding or page flip option to print the file in the form of a booklet or a tablet. Choose OK, then choose Print.
Take the printed first side pages from the output tray, align the pages, place the printed first sides pages in the input tray. Place them with the printed side facing up with either the bottom edge or top edge into the printer. Choose Continue. The other sides will be printed.
Place the document or photo to be scanned under the scanner lid. Position the document or photo according to the guides on the edge of the pane. Shut the scanner lid. Press the scan button.
Select a shortcut that matches your requirements. To save multi-page documents or multiple photos to a single PDF file, use the Save as PDF or Document to File option in the HP Scan window.
After every page or photo, press the plus button in the HP Scan preview window. Click save after all pages or photos are scanned. Make sure that PDF is selected in the Save as type menu. Alter the file name and the folder you want to store the scan to, and then select Save.
Place the document or photo on the scanner glass. Arrange the document or photo according to the guides on the edge of the pane. Lower the scanner lid.
Press the copy button on the printer. Ensure that the scanner glass is clean before placing the paper. Use a soft, lint-free cloth sprinkled with glass cleaner. Make sure that there are no smudges, fingerprints, dust or pieces of paper on the scanner glass.
HP Deskjet 2131 Driver download
The driver enables the software you wish to print from communicate the specifications to the printer. It acts as the translator between the OS and the printer. Installing the most recent version of your printer driver is crucial for ensuring that your printer works efficiently.
You can install the printer driver from our website or from the CD delivered along with the printer package. If you choose to download from our website, make sure you download the version compatible with your operating system.
STEP 1. Your file will download in .exe format. You will be prompted to open, save or run the file. Choose Save. You will find the installer in the browser’s Downloads bar or the computer’s Download’s folder.
STEP 2. Run the file and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the installation. You might be asked to connect to the printer during the installation.
STEp 1. Your file will download in .dmg format. You will be prompted to open, save or run the file. Choose Save. You will spot the installer in the browser’s Downloads bar or the computer’s Download’s folder. Run the file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
STEp 2. If you are required to add the printer to the printer queue, select DeskJet 2131, choose the Use or Print Using menu, choose the DeskJet 2131 in the pop-up menu and then select Add. Go back to the HP installer to complete the installation.
HP Deskjet 2131 Refill ink cartridges
Caution: Do not refill the cartridges manually. This might affect the performance of the printer.
- Before you begin, put on a pair of disposable plastic gloves. If your refill kit comes with an instruction manual, follow the steps mentioned in it. First Press the button to switch off the printer, if it is not already switched on.
- Place the plain white paper into the input tray. Draw out the cartridge access door. The carriage shifts to the center of the printer. Wait for the printer to turn inactive and quiet before proceeding. Gently press down on the cartridge to release it, and then push the cartridge out of its slot.
- Collect the ink refill for your printer cartridge model. Gather a 1 ml disposable syringe. There is usually a black spot in the white sticker covering the top-cover of the cartridge.
- You can take off the sticker to spot the hole. You can also find the hole by rubbing your finger over the sticker. Make sure that you do not touch the contacts of the cartridge. If the contacts are tampered, it will lead to faulty performance.
- Make sure that the needle size is very small. If you draw ink into the syringe too fast, you will cause air-gaps. Air-gaps might block your ink cartridge. Therefore ensure that there are no air-bubbles, before you inject ink through the hole. Keep a piece of paper or cloth to wipe any stains that might occur during the process.
- Inject the ink into the cartridge. Ensure that you do not overfill the cartridge beyond its capacity. It is advised that you fill the cartridge only to near-capacity and not completely. Once the cartridge is filled, it should be allowed to set for a few hours. This lets the ink to settle within the cartridge.
- Once the ink is settled, grab the cartridge by its sides with the nozzles pointing toward the printer, and then set the cartridge into its slot. Ensure that the cartridge is inserted in the assigned slot.
- The tri-color cartridge is usually put on the left and the black cartridge sits in the slot on the right. Force the cartridge into its slot until it snaps into place. Repeat the process to remove the cartridge, if required. Shut the Cartridge access door.
- Follow the on-screen instruction if any, wait for half a minute for the alignment page to automatically print.
- Put the alignment page with the print side down. View the inscription next to the scanner glass for placing the alignment page. Lower the scanner lid. Push the copy button in the printer and the printer aligns the cartridges.
You can use HP Printer and Scan Doctor to automatically fix several kinds of problems that make the printer to go offline. You can use HP Printer and Scan doctor, if you are using Windows 8 or 10. Run HP Print and Scan Doctor, read and respond to the screens to resolve the issue.
HP Printer and Scan Doctor
- Switch the printer off and on, and then ensure that it is ready. Search Windows for Devices, and then select Devices and Printers in the results. Find the icon for DeskJet 2131.
- If a color or grey icon appears without a green tick mark, right-click the icon, choose set as Default printer. If one color and one grey icon displays for DeskJet 2131, right-click the color icon, choose Set as Default Printer.
- Right-click the icon for the default printer, and then choose See What’s Printing. The Printer queue window opens. Select Printer. If a tick mark appears next to Pause Printing and Use Printer offline, select each item to remove the tick mark. Your printer should be online.
- Search the mac for Print. Click Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners based on what appears. Find DeskJet 2131.
- If you observe multiple printer queues for your printer, delete all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then select the minus button at the bottom of the list.
- Allow one ‘idle’ printer in the list that matches your printer and use this as the Default Printer.
- If the problem still persists, speak to our technical support team through the toll-free number.
Not Printing Error
When a print job is assigned to the printer, a file is produced in Windows. At times these files turn corrupt and cause problems. Clearing the print queue might fix the issue.
Search Windows for local services, and then choose View Local Services from the results. In the services listed, look for Print Spooler. Right-click Print Spooler, and then choose stop. Once the service has been terminated, exit the service window. Search Windows for C:, and then choose Windows in the results. Double-click the system 32 folder, and then double-click the spool folder. Double-click the Printers folder. Delete all the files in the folder. Attempt to Print.
If the error persists, reset the printer and the computer. Switch the printer on. Once the printer is inactive and quiet, with the printer powered up, detach the power cord from the back of the printer. Detach the power cord from the wall outlet. Wait for one minute. Fix the power cord back in to the wall outlet.
Fix the power cord to the back of the printer. Turn on the printer, if it does not power up by itself. Once the printer completes warm-up, it will become inactive and quiet. Try to print again. If the issue is still unresolved, check the paper type. Make sure the paper type in the input tray matches the paper type selected in the software you want to print from. Attempt to print again.
If the problem still persists, speak to our technical support team through the toll-free number.