DESKJET 2542 PRINTER SETUP
- If you are looking to get a multi-functional efficient inkjet printer for your home purpose, the HP Deskjet 2542 is the ideal choice for you to buy.
- This all-in-one printer can print, scan and copy documents and photos at a high-speed. The quality of the output stays uncompromising no matter what.
- This printer uses the HP thermal inkjet printing technology to print documents and photos. The average monthly volume of this printer is around 300 to 400 pages.
- This printer is bundled along with a black ink cartridge and a tri-color ink cartridge that allows you to print your documents in both monochrome and color.
- This printer supports wired and wireless connectivity. It is compatible with various mobile printing solutions such as Wireless Direct Printing, HP Auto Wireless Connect, etc.
- The HP Deskjet 2542 printer is one of the fastest Deskjet printer models. The print speed is up to 20 pages per minute for black and 16 pages per minute for color documents.
- The print resolution of this printer is as high as 600 X 600 DPI for black documents and 4800 X 1200 DPI for color documents. You can print crystal clear photos and documents.
HP Deskjet 2542 WiFi Setup
- If you wish to set up your HP Deskjet 2542 printer to a wireless network, you need to gather a few necessary details such as the name and password of your wireless network.
- Plug one end of the power cord to the printer’ rear and the other end of the power cord directly to the electrical outlet. Do not connect it to a power or electrical surge.
- Press the power button on the printer to switch it on. Wait until the printer is idle and silent. Disconnect all the USB and LAN cables from the printer connecting the computer.
- Switch on the router and check if the network is stable. Turn on your computer and connect it to the same wireless network to which you will connect your printer.
- Tap on the small wireless icon on the printer’s control panel. The wireless menu will display. Scroll down and navigate to the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Press the Wireless Setup Wizard option. Follow the set of prompted on-screen instructions. Select the name of your wireless network from the list of networks.
- If you don’t find the name of your network in the list, tap on the Enter New Network Name option. Type in the details of your network and the password if prompted.
- If the wireless light is not blinking, press and hold the power button on the printer. While holding the power button, press the Start Copy Black button twice and the Cancel button thrice.
- Ensure that you don’t connect your printer or your computer to a guest network. You cannot access the features of the printer over a guest network.
- Download the latest updated printer driver and install it on your computer. Select Wireless as the connection type and connect your printer to your computer.
HP Deskjet 2542 Ink Cartridges Replacement
- Check the level of ink in your HP Deskjet 2542 printer on a regular basis. If the ink levels run low or if the ink cartridge exhaust, you need to replace the ink cartridge.
- Tap on the small ink drop icon on the printer’s control panel to reveal the ink level on your printer. You can also check the estimated ink level from your computer.
- If the ink cartridge exhaust, do not refill it with non-authentic ink. It will cause print quality issues. Also, it will damage the printhead and you might have to replace it.
- Always use the genuine or authentic HP ink cartridges. Using the non-HP ink cartridges will lead to print and print quality issues. It will also cause hardware damage.
- Connect one end of the power cord directly to the wall outlet and the other end to the printer’s rear. Make sure that you don’t connect it to an electrical surge or power surge.
- Press and hold the power button on the printer to switch it on. The printer will undergo a warm-up process. Wait for the printer to complete it and settle down.
- Clutch the handles of the printer on either side and raise the ink cartridge access door. The carriage will move to the center. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent.
- Slightly press down on the ink cartridges to loosen it from its spot. Hold the ink cartridge and carefully remove it from the slot. Discard the old ink cartridge.
- Take the new ink cartridge from the packing. Remove the packing materials and packing tapes on it. Pull the orange tab to remove all the packing tapes on it.
- Ensure that you touch only the black plastic part of the ink cartridge. Do not touch the copper-colored contacts. It will lead to ink clogs and other ink cartridge issues.
- Hold the ink cartridge at a slightly upward angle. Hold it in such a way that the nozzles of the ink cartridge are facing the printer. Insert it into the slot and push until it fits into position.
- Insert the ink cartridges into the correct slot. Do not misplace the ink cartridges. Repeat the same procedure to install more ink cartridges. Close the cartridge access door.
- Open the scanner lid of the printer and load a white paper on the scanner glass. Tap on the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color button to align the ink cartridges.
HP Deskjet 2542 Driver Download
Installing the printer driver and software is the last step in setting up the HP Deskjet 2542 printer. You need to install the printer driver on your computer to connect your printer to your computer. You cannot access the printer features from your computer without installing the driver.
Follow the steps given below to download the driver.
- You will receive an installer CD bundled along with the printer. Insert the CD into the printer and follow the prompted instructions to install it on your computer.
- The only disadvantage of using the installer CD to install the printer driver is that this CD might not be updated or compatible with the latest OS version of your computer.
- As an alternative, you can download the HP Deskjet 2542 printer driver from our website. Enter the URL of our website on the address bar of your computer’s browser.
- Press the Enter key and wait until the page completes loading. Search for the Driver Download section. Type in the model number of your printer in the provided space.
- Select the OS version of your computer. It is recommended to download the Full Feature Driver. If not, select and download the Basic Driver.
HP Deskjet 2542 Troubleshooting
Are you tired of spending through your nose to fix the HP Deskjet 2542 printer issues? The HP Deskjet 2542 printer is a delicate electronic device that demands you to handle with caution and care. Improper maintenance and usage will lead to many printer problems. After all, it is just another electronic device that wears out after a certain period of time. Servicing the printer and fixing the printer issues could cost you a fortune. You don’t have to worry about spending so much anymore. You can fix the simple printer issues and problems by following the basic troubleshooting steps given below.
HP Deskjet 2542 Blinking Lights
STEP 1: If the attention light on your HP Deskjet 2542 printer is blinking, it could mean that either the output tray is closed or a scanning error has occurred.
STEP 2: Lower the output tray of the HP Deskjet 2542 printer. Extend or pull out the paper tray extender. If the attention light continues blinking, continue to the next step.
STEP 3: Restart the printer device. Switch off the printer and disconnect all the wires and cables from the printer. Connect the power cord after a minute and switch on the printer.
STEP 4: If the issue persists, press and hold the power button and cancel button together for two to three seconds. The Printer Status Report will print. You can now scan the document.
STEP 5: If all the attention, error and status lights blink unanimously, it could mean that the HP Deskjet 2542 printer is in an error state.
STEP 6: Disconnect the power cord from the printer while the printer is running. This will reset the printer. Connect the cable after a minute and try printing.
STEP 7: Make sure that you connected the power cord of the printer directly to the wall outlet. Do not connect it to an electrical surge or power surge.
STEP 8: If none of the above works, you need to resort to servicing your printer. If you have more queries, call the toll-free number.
HP Deskjet 2542 Not Printing
STEP 1: Check the estimated level of ink in your HP Deskjet 2542 printer. Tap on the ink drop icon on the printer’s control panel to reveal the level of ink in the printer.
STEP 2: If the ink level runs low or if the ink cartridge exhaust, you need to replace the old ink cartridge with a new ink cartridge. If not, you cannot continue printing.
STEP 3: Make sure that the ink cartridge you use is genuine and authentic. If you use non-HP products, it will lead to print, print quality, hardware and other printer issues.
STEP 4: Check if the paper type that you use is compatible with the HP Deskjet 2542 printer. If you use a non-compatible paper, the print job will fail and lead to a paper jam.
STEP 5: Check the printer settings. Make sure that you have selected the correct paper type, paper size, paper tray and other quality settings. It will affect the print job.
STEP 6: Reset the printer by disconnecting the power cord from the printer while the printer is running. Connect it back after a minute and try printing a document.
STEP 7: Try updating the printer driver or printer firmware. If the issue persists, service your printer. Call the toll-free number for further assistance.