DESKJET 5821 PRINTER SETUP
- Functions- Print, copy, scan, wireless
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)- Up to 1000 pages
- Recommended monthly page volume- 400 to 800
- Wireless capability- Yes
- HP ePrint capability- Yes
- Mobile printing capability- HP ePrint 3
- Paper handling input, standard- 60-sheet input tray
- Paper handling output, standard- 25-sheet output tray
- Duplex printing- Manual (driver support provided)
- Media sizes supported- A4, B5, A6, DL envelope
- Media sizes custom- 76.2 x 127 to 215 x 355 mm
- Media types- Plain paper, Photo paper, Brochure paper
- Scanner type- Flatbed
- Scan file format- JPEG, TIFF, PDF, BMP, PNG
- Scan resolution, optical- Up to 1200 dpi
- Bit depth- 24-bit
- Scan size, maximum- 216 x 297 mm
- Automatic document feeder capacity- No
- Copy resolution (black text)- Up to 600 x 300 dpi
- Copy resolution (color text and graphics)- Up to 600 x 300 dpi
Minimum system requirements
Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only): Celeron or 233 MHz compatible processor, any Intel Pentium II,850 MB available hard disk space, USB port,CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, Internet Explorer 8, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7: 32-bit or 64-bit, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, 2 GB available hard disk space, USB port, Internet Explorer. Windows Vista: (32-bit only), CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection,2 GB available hard disk space, USB port, Internet Explorer 8.
Driver and manual download
- Our website is a key source where you can get all the required details for your HP Deskjet GT 5821 printer. A manual is a booklet that has details like warranty, accessories of the printer, the instructions to set it up, the guidelines to overcome the issues experienced by your printer, and more.
- You can get this manual download on your computer by clicking on the download option displayed on your screen.
- The driver installation procedure is to be done after assembling all hardware.
- Without the driver and software your printer can do nothing. You have to look for the correct printer driver and install it on your computer.
- We offer instructions for downloading the driver on both the Windows and Mac computers. Be it a Mac or Windows you can download and install the printer driver using two methods.
- At the time of shipment, your manufacturer would provide you an installation CD. If you have it, just place it on the drive of your computer and hold on until the entire process gets completed.
- When prompted to install the driver, following the instructions and accomplish the installation process. Do not interrupt in the middle of the installation if you want the printer to function properly.
- You can get the latest driver for your printer from our website. Get directed to the page by clicking on the link and follow the prompts.
- Before you go for the download option, make sure that the one which you are using suits your computer’s operating system. Check the file format of the installed file and know whether it is for Mac or Windows.
- Get connected to our technical support team to solve the issues encountered at the time of printer driver and manual installation.
How to print, scan, and copy
The basic functions of the printer include printing, scanning, and copying. All these require the driver software to be installed. Follow the steps mentioned below to carry out each task to its fullest.
How to Print
- Using your HP printer you can print a document or photo and change the settings according to your requirement.
- The settings can be done to text size and font style, layout options, and more. To take the printout of the document, go to file and choose the one which you want.
- Get access to more layout by clicking the Printer Properties or Preferences option.
- You can also set the printing shortcut by choosing the document print job shortcuts that have essential settings already selected for you.
- Once you feel that you have altered all the essential changes to the appearance of documents or photos, choose the printer name and click on Print.
How to scan
- The successive instructions provided in this manual is enough to send the scans of the required documents and photos.
- First place the originals of the documents or photos, and follow the procedure to start scanning.
- It is good to choose the ADF as a medium of placing the originals if you want to send the scans of photos.
- Make sure that you have rest the document or photo based on the engraved guides found. You can also change the appearance of the scans by accessing the options.
- Give us a call and know more about the scan functions of your printer.
How to copy
- Read the successive instructions if you want to take multiple copies of the documents or photos with the same quality as of your prints quality.
- If the printer you have is with touch or text based control panels, place the originals either on the ADF or scanner glass.
- Click on the Copy, Copy Photo, or Copy Document on the control panel of the printer and then choose any available settings.
- Tap on the Settings option and then click on the Advanced settings option. After you have customized size, paper size, tray selection, quality, and more click on Start and then revert to the main screen by choosing the Back option.
- Click on Start Black or Start Color option to start the copy job of the required document.
Refill ink cartridges
The HP Deskjet 5821 is an Inkjet-based printer. Continuous printing will exhaust the ink. Instead of opting for an expensive cartridge, refill the current one for a fraction of the cost.
- The instructions in this section of document let you understand when to refill ink cartridges, benefits and difficulties of refilling the ink cartridges, the tips to be followed while refilling, and more.
- Generally, the ink cartridge refilling is mostly preferred because of its low cost. But even this method has its own pros and cons. Know it better before you proceed with the refilling procedure.
- If any issues occur while refilling the ink cartridge, it will get hit on your printer quality.
- The issues like occurrence of clogs, bubbles, and improper flow of ink inside the cartridge might occur and give major impact on the print quality. Before you refill, affirm that you are filling the ink in the correct ink cartridge. Check the following instructions and know more about the refilling procedure.
- Place your cartridge to the cartridge holder and make sure that the cartridge rests into the cartridge holder correctly. Place the cartridge grip to stabilize the cartridge. Make use of a syringe to fill the ink into the cartridge.
- Keep the ink loaded syringe into the bottom of the cartridge holder and move the piston gradually. Hold on at least for 10 seconds. Once it is done, search for the cartridge nozzle by dabbing it using a paper towel or a soft tissue.
- Now here is the second method of refilling the ink cartridge easily.
- Buy an ink refill kit from the supply store. Arrange your kit, soft paper towels, and some scotch tapes on a flat working surface, a desk.
- Remove the empty cartridge from the printer. Before you proceed to refill the ink cartridges, wear gloves so that you can avoid smearing of ink on your hands.
- Make use of a soft towel and keep the removed ink cartridge on it. Now look for the fill holes on the top of the cartridge. You can feel the impression of it by rubbing your fingers across the label.
- Using a sharp pencil pierce the refill holes in the top of the ink cartridge. You can make use of a tooth pick to find the color of the ink cartridge and refill it properly.
- While refilling affirm that no bubbles or ink clogs occur inside the ink cartridge. For more queries, give a call on the number displayed on your screen.
Wireless printer setup
- To connect the printer to the wireless network, always place the printer, the router, and the computer near to each other.
- Power on the printer. Make sure that you have powered on the printer first because once the printer is on, it starts searching for the network.
- Now to connect the printer to the network for the first time, you need to know the network name and the password.
- Many printers have an ability to connect to the wireless network using the built- in menu systems.
- If your printer is compatible with the WPS mode, you can opt for it to establish and maintain the connection.
- After the connection is successfully established, add the printer to the list of available devices.
- The instructions to include the printer’s name to the list slightly varies for Mac and Windows computer.
- For Windows computer, get access to the control panel and choose the View devices option. Click on Add a printer and install the driver, if instructed.
- For mac computers, go to the Apple menu and click on the System Preference option. Choose the Print and Scan icon and then click on the + symbol and add the printer name to the list easily.
Troubleshooting description common issues list
Printer offline : if the printer fails to communicate properly with the computer, the issue would occur. Take measures to solve the printer offline issue on the printer.
Print job stuck in queue : when the assigned job to the printer is not accomplished properly the printer’s control panel would display the error message. Solve the issue to resume the print job.
Paper jam :if the paper placed in the loading tray of the printer is stuck the issue occurs and stops the printer from functioning further.
Network scanner issue : The scans of required documents and photos can be sent if the connection on the printer is properly maintained. Use the tips on our website to maintain good signal strength.
Ink cartridge issue :when the installed ink cartridge of the printer undergoes any fault, the control panel of the printer shows an error message to replace the ink cartridge. Get a new ink cartridge from the manufacturer if you want to get best print quality documents or photos.
Black ink not printing : if the issue lies with the installed ink cartridges or the outdated version of printer firmware, the printer stops printing the defined print job. Resolve this issue and get prints of your choice.