HP Laserjet 681dh Printer Features
- The Laserjet printer lets you print, scan and copy documents or photos.
- It offers the world’s most secure printing. The printer regularly checks its operating code and repairs itself from attempted hacks with HP Sure Start.
- You can centralize control of your printing environment with HP Web Jetadmin and therefore help build business efficiency.5
- The printer offers high-speed performance that meets energy efficiency.
- Moreover, scanning is now faster than ever; scan to SharePoint and more.
- The AIO printer uses exceptionally low amounts of energy thanks to its innovative design and toner technology.
- The printer includes a 550-sheet input feeder for paper sizes 4 x 6″ to legal.
- Moreover, original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence supply 39% more pages per color cartridge vs predecessor.
- You can spend less time replacing toner and more on business.
- You can enter data more quickly and accurately using the pull-out keyboard.
- The printer has a speed up to 47 ppm.
How to print
- To print from your Windows PC, go to the software program and then select the Print option.
- Choose your printer model from the list of printers and then proceed to the next step.
- To change settings, make sure that you select the Properties or Preferences button to open the printer driver.
- Note that the name of the button varies for different software programs.
- To access these features from a Windows 8 or 8.1 Start screen app, ensure that you select Devices, then select Print and then select the printer.
- Now, click the tabs in the printer driver to configure the available options.
- Ensure that you set the paper orientation on the Finishing tab and on the Paper/Quality tab, set the paper source, paper type, paper size and quality settings.
- Select the OK button to return to the Print dialog box and then select the number of copies to print from this screen. Now, select the OK button to print the document or photo.
- For any further information or support, do not hesitate to reach our expert team on the Toll-free number.
How to scan
- To scan a document and send it to one or more email addresses, make sure that the printer is connected to a network.
- Note that the two ways to configure Scan to Email is the Scan to Email Setup Wizard and Email Setup.
- Note that administrators need the information such as administrative access to the printer, DNS suffix and SMTP server.
- If you do not know the SMTP server name, SMTP port number, or authentication information, it is advisable to contact the e-mail/Internet service provider or system administrator for the information.
- Select the Network button to display the IP address or hostname to access the HP Embedded Web Server (EWS) from the Home screen on the control panel.
- Now, open a Web browser and then in the address line, type the IP address or hostname of the printer as it displays on the control panel. (vii)Configure the Network Identification settings on your HP Laserjet 681dh printer.
- Configure the Send to E-mail feature and then configure the Quick Sets.
- Note that Quick Sets are optional short-cut jobs that can be accessed on the main Home screen or with the Quick Sets application on your printer.
How to fax
- Make sure that you connect the printer to a phone line (for analog fax) or to an Internet or network fax service.
- The steps to set up fax using the control panel varies. If you have a FutureSmart 3 panel, make sure that you scroll to and select Administration.
- Now, open Fax Settings, Fax Send Settings, Fax Send Setup and then Fax Setup Wizard.
- Note that if the Fax Settings menu does not appear in the menu listing, LAN or Internet fax might be enabled.
- Once LAN or Internet fax is enabled, you may notice that the analog fax accessory is disabled and the Fax Settings menu does not display.
- Note that only one fax feature, either LAN fax, analog fax or Internet fax can be enabled at a time.
- To use analog fax when LAN fax is enabled, make sure that you use the HP Embedded Web Server to disable LAN fax.
- Ensure that you follow the steps in the Fax Setup Wizard to configure the required settings.
- If you have a FutureSmart 4 panel, ensure that the Internal Fax Modem Setup shows it is configured.
- In case it is not configured, select Internal Fax Model Setup now and then enter the settings.
- Make sure that you complete the settings on the right side of the screen. Click Done for each setting if prompted.
Restore factory settings
- To reset the factory settings from the control panel, ensure that you press the home button and then open Administration, General Settings and Restore Factory Settings.
- Make a note that verification message indicates that completing the reset function may result in loss of data. Your HP printer may restart automatically after the reset operation completes.
- If you have a 2-line control panel, make sure that you press the OK button on the panel.
- If you have a touchscreen control panel, ensure that you tap the Setup button from the Home screen on the panel.
- Select the Restore Defaults option from the service menu and then tap the OK button. The printer may automatically restart.
- To cold reset using the Pre-boot menu from a touchscreen control panel, open the Pre-boot menu.
- Now, use the down arrow button to highlight the +3: Administrator item and then click the OK button.
- )Make sure that you use the down arrow button to highlight the +8: Startup Options item and then select the OK button.
- Now, use the down arrow button to highlight Cold Reset and then click the OK button to select it.
- Select the Home button to return to the main Pre-boot menu and highlight Continue item and then select the OK button.
A “Cartridge is low” or “Cartridge is very low” message displays on the printer control panel
- When you notice that the printer indicates a cartridge level is low, it is advisable to have a replacement available.
- Until redistributing the toner no longer yields acceptable print quality, make sure that you continue printing with the existing cartridge.
- To redistribute the toner, take out the toner cartridge from the printer and then carefully rock the cartridge back and forth about its horizontal axis.
- Note that you can change the way the printer reacts when supplies reach the Very Low state.
- Ensure that you do not re-establish these settings when you install a new cartridge.
- Generally, the steps vary according to the type of panel. If you have a FutureSmart 3 or FutureSmart 4 panel, from the Home screen, scroll to and select Supplies.
- )Now, Open the menus such as Manage Supplies, Supply Settings, Black Cartridge or Color Cartridges and Very Low Settings.
- )To set the printer to stop printing when the cartridge reaches the Very Low threshold, Select the Stop option.
- Make sure that you acknowledge the prompt or replace the cartridge to resume printing.
- Now, choose the Continue option to set the printer to alert you that the cartridge is very low.
- This may permit you to continue printing beyond the Very Low setting without interaction. Sometimes it may result in unsatisfactory print quality.
Replace toner cartridges
- Make sure that you completely read the removal instructions in the manual and then follow the prompts below.
- Before you perform the replacement, turn the printer off. Note that you do not require any special tools to remove or install this assembly.
- Note that few parts are sensitive to electrostatic discharge (ESD). Ensure that you perform the replacement in a safe environment.
- If the replacement part is a roller or pad, make sure that you do not touch the spongy part of it.
- It is advisable to use disposable gloves when handling rollers or pads or wash your hands before touching rollers or pads.
- It is advisable to not remove the toner cartridge from the package until it is time to replace it.
- To prevent damage to the toner cartridge, ensure that you do not expose it to light for more than a few minutes.
- Make sure that you cover the green imaging drum if you have to keep the toner cartridge from the printer for an extended period of time.
- If toner gets on clothing, carefully clean it using a dry cloth and then wash the clothes in cold water.
- Open the front door, then carefully grasp the handle of the used toner cartridge and then pull it out to remove it.
- Now, take out the new toner cartridge from its package, then remove the plastic end caps and then remove the cartridge from the plastic bag.
- Carefully remove the orange protective shield. Make sure that you do not touch the green imaging drum.
- Now, hold both ends of the toner cartridge and rock it 5-6 times. Make sure that you support the toner cartridge underneath with one hand while holding the cartridge handle with the other.
- Carefully align the toner cartridge with its slot on the shelf and then insert the toner cartridge into the printer. Now, close the front door.