HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n Printer Specs
- If you wish to equip your home or small business setup with an efficient monochrome laser printer, the ideal choice for you to get would be the HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer.
- This is a single function printer that does not support multi-function or multitasking. You can print the documents and photos at its finest quality.
- The HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer uses the monochrome laser printer technology to print documents and photos. The average monthly volume is around 2000 to 7500 pages.
- This printer uses one black toner cartridge to print documents and photos. This toner cartridge is capable of printing up to 6000 pages. You can refill or replace the cartridge upon its exhaustion.
- With the HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer, you can print documents and photos in a heartbeat. The print speed of this printer is as high as 45 pages per minute.
- Even with such speed, this printer does not compromise on quality. The print resolution of the HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer is up to 1200 X 1200 DPI.
- This printer does not support wireless connectivity. You can either use a USB or LAN cable to establish the connection between your computer and your printer.
HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n How To Print
- If you wish to print a document or a photo using the HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer, you need to install the required printer driver and software on your computer.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the printer’s rear and the other end directly to the electrical outlet. Make sure that you don’t connect it to a power or electrical surge.
- Press and hold the power button on the HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer to switch it on. Wait for the printer to complete the preparation process and settle down.
- Pull out the paper tray and move the paper width guides away to its outermost extent. Load a stack of paper and close the paper width guides in such a way that it brushes the edges of the paper.
- Make sure that the connection between your HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer and your computer is secure. If you are using a wired connection, remove and reconnect the cable securely.
- If you are using a Windows computer, open the document or the photo that you wish to print on your computer. Tap on the File menu and click on the Print option.
- The Print Properties windows will open. Select your printer. You can make the necessary changes to your print job. Set the number of copies and tap on the Print option to begin printing the document.
- If you are using a Mac, open the document that you wish to print using the HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer. Click on the File menu and scroll down to choose the Print option.
- The Printer Properties window will display on the screen. Select the name of your printer. Choose the shortcut type that matches your print job. After making the necessary changes, click on the Print option.
HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n Mobile Printing
- Though the HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer does not support wireless connectivity, it is compatible with various mobile printing solutions such as HP ePrint, AirPrint, etc.
- Using the mobile printing solution, you don’t have to establish a physical connection between your printer and your device. It helps you print directly from your mobile phone.
- The HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n is compatible with HP ePrint option. The printer will have a unique email address. Connect your printer to a stable network.
- Connect your device to a network. Enter the printer’s email address in the To column and attach the document or photo that you wish to print with your printer to the email.
- Make sure that you don’t add any other recipient along with the printer’s email address in the To column. Make sure that you check out all the requirements and send the email.
- The HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer is also compatible the AirPrint option. AirPrint option is exclusive to Apple iOS or Mac OS users.
- Connect your printer and apple device to the same network. Open the file that you wish to print and tap on the Printer icon. Select your printer and begin printing.
HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n Replacing Toner Cartridges
- The HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer is a monochrome laser printer. This printer uses a black toner cartridge to print documents and photos.
- If the printer ever displays a low toner level message or blinks the light next to the toner levels, it means that you should replace the old toner cartridge with a new one.
- Make sure that you regularly check the estimated level of toner in your printer. Unlike inkjet printers, toner cartridge does not exhaust too soon. If the levels run low, replace it.
- You can check the estimated level of the toner cartridge in your printer by pressing the small ink drop icon on the printer’s control panel. The toner level will display on the screen.
- If you have a Windows computer, search for the keyword HP. Click on the results to open the HP Printer Assistant window. The estimated level of toner will display on the home screen.
- If you are using a Mac, open the System Preferences window. Tap on the Print & Scan option and select your printer. Click on the Supply Levels tab to check the levels of toner.
- Ensure that you always use the genuine or authentic HP toner cartridge. If you use the non-HP cartridge or if you refill the cartridge, it will adversely affect the print quality.
- Press the top cover on the HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer and carefully remove it. Open the front door of the printer. Clasp the handles of the cartridge and remove it.
- Take the new toner cartridge out from the package. Tear off all the packing materials on the toner cartridge. Gently rock the cartridge and insert it into the slot.
- Push until the toner cartridge fits into its position. Repeat the same procedure to replace the cartridge. Close the front door.
HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n Troubleshooting
The HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer is no exception for creating troubles, bugs and malfunctions. The most common printer problems are print quality issues, paper jams, low ink level errors, connection errors, paper mismatch error, etc. It may cost you a fortune to fix most of the printer issues or to service your printer. You can fix the printer problems and printer issues by yourself. The first step to do it is by analyzing the problem. If you understand the printer mechanism, it will help you fix the printer problem and printer issue. Follow the simple troubleshooting steps given below to resolve the printer problems.
HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n Clear Paper Jam
- If your HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer displays a paper jam error, you need to clear the jammed paper from your printer to continue printing the print job.
- Press the top cover release button on the left side of the printer’s control panel. Once the cover is loosened, carefully open the front door of the HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer.
- Use a torchlight to see the jammed paper. Hold the jammed paper with your hands and carefully pull it out of the printer. Ensure that the paper doesn’t tear up whilst removing.
- Make sure that there is no bits or pieces of paper jammed or stuck inside the paper. Even a small piece of paper will cause the paper jam. Check thoroughly.
- Remove the toner cartridge from the printer. Check the carriage path for the jammed paper using the torchlight. If you find any jammed paper, remove it from the printer.
- Ensure that you use the recommended or authentic paper that is compatible with your printer. If you use a paper type that is not supported by your printer, it will lead to a paper jam.
- Try updating the printer firmware on your computer. If none of the above works, resort to servicing your printer. If you have more queries, call the toll-free number.
HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n Improve Print Quality
- The HP Laserjet Enterprise m506n printer uses the laser printing technology and is reputed for its fine quality. If you are having a low-quality output, it implies that there is something wrong.
- Check the estimated level of toner in your printer. If the toner level is too low or if the toner cartridge exhaust, you need to replace the old toner cartridge with a new one.
- Make sure that the paper you use is suitable for the print job and is supported by your printer. If you use a paper type that is not compatible, you will have print quality issues.
- Ensure that you always use the genuine or authentic HP products. Usage of non-HP products will lead to nothing but the print quality issues. It will also affect the printer hardware.
- Make sure that you have selected the correct printer settings on your computer. Adjust the quality settings of the printer from Draft to Best Quality. Adjusting the quality might help.
- If the issue persists, try updating the printer firmware. The printer firmware helps you fix bugs and malfunctions. It also helps enable new printer features.
- If none of the above work, you might have to resort to servicing your printer. If you have more queries, reach out to the experts by calling the toll-free number.