HP LaserJet Enterprise M608x Printer Specs
If you want to equip your small business or office setup with one of the fastest monochrome laser printers, the best choice for you to get would be the HP M608X printer.
This printer uses the HP Monochrome Laser printing technology to print documents and photos. The average monthly print volume is around 5000 to 25000 sheets and the maximum is up to 275000 sheets.
The HP Laserjet M608X Laser Printer is compatible with various media types such as Envelopes, labels, plain paper, bond paper, recycled paper, punched paper, preprinted paper, card stock, transparencies, etc.
The HP LaserJet Enterprise M608x printer supports various media sizes such as A4, A5, B5, A6, Statement, Oficio, B6, RA4, Legal, Letter A, Executive, 3.9 X 5.8 in, 5 X 8 in, 3 S 5 in, 5 X 7 in, 4 X 6 in, etc.
The print speed of the HP M608X printer is as high as 65 pages per minute for the black document. You can print documents and photos in a jiffy.
The quality of the printed document is not compromised. The print resolution is as up to 1200 X 1200 DPI for black documents.
HP LaserJet Enterprise M608x Driver And Manual Download
- You need to download and install the HP Laserjet M608X Laser Printer driver on your computer to connect your printer to your computer and access its features.
- If you try to connect your HP M608X Printer to your computer without installing the printer driver, your computer might not recognize the printer.
- Installing the printer driver is the final step in setting up the HP LaserJet M608x printer. There are two ways to install the required printer driver on your computer.
- You can use the installer CD that you received along with the printer to install the printer driver. Insert the CD into your computer and follow the prompted instructions to install it.
- The only disadvantage of using the installer CD to install the HP Laserjet M608X Laser Printer driver is that this CD might not be updated or compatible with your computer.
- You can download the HP LaserJet Enterprise M608x printer from our website as an alternative. Type in the URL of our website in the address bar of your computer’s browser.
- Wait for the home page to complete loading. Check for the Driver Download section and type in the model number of your printer. Tap on the Begin button.
- On the next page, you need to select the OS version of your computer. If you choose the wrong OS version, you will download the wrong driver and you may not be able to install it.
- From the list of available printer drivers to download, select and download the Full Feature Driver. If your computer is not compatible with it, download the Basic Driver.
- You can also download the HP M608X user manual from our website. Enter the model number under the Manual Download section to begin downloading.
- A hard copy or a printed copy of the user manual will be bundled along with the printer. It is one of the HP LaserJet Enterprise M608x printer accessories.
HP M608X Toner Cartridge Installation And Replacement
- Plug one end of the power cord to the printer’s rear and the other end directly to the wall outlet. Do not connect it to a power surge or electrical surge. Switch on the printer.
- The printer will undergo a warm-up process. Wait for the printer to complete it and settle down. Continue once the HP Laserjet M608X Laser Printer is idle and silent.
- Pull out the paper tray of the printer and move the paper width guides away. Load a stack of plain paper and close the paper width guides in such a way that it brushes the edges of the paper.
- Once it is all set, keep your printer switched on and running. Tap on the small Cartridge Door Release button on the HP LaserJet Enterprise M608x printer’s control panel.
- Open the cartridge access door of the printer and carefully pull out the cartridge drawer. You need to load the cartridges into their respective slots.
- Take the new ink cartridges out from their package. Remove all the packing materials from the cartridge. Peel off the orange protective shield on the toner cartridge.
- Hold the cartridge at its both ends and gently rock the toner cartridge sideways for about four to five times. Remove the shipping cover of the toner cartridge.
- Place the toner cartridge in the cartridge drawer and make sure it fits securely. Close the cartridge drawer and the cartridge access door of the HP M608x printer.
- If the toner level runs low or if the toner cartridge exhaust, follow the same steps to replace the old toner cartridge with a new one and continue printing.
HP LaserJet Enterprise M608x Mobile Printing
- The advancement in technology has expanded the boundary of printing. Printing is not bounded to USB cable or LAN cable anymore, the line is pushed further.
- You need not depend or a USB cable or a LAN cable to establish a connection between your printer and your device. The mobile printing solutions enable wireless printing.
- You can use the mobile printing solutions to print documents and photos on your mobile phone directly using the printer without transferring it to a computer.
- The HP M608X printer is compatible with various mobile printing solutions such as HP ePrint, AirPrint, Google Cloud Printing, Wireless Direct Printing, etc.
- The HP ePrint printing option enables you, the user to email the documents and photos that should be printed to the HP Laserjet M608X Laser printer’s unique email address.
- The AirPrint is an option that is exclusive to the Apple iOS or Mac OS devices. This solution enables you to print from your Apple device without connecting it to the printer using a cable.
- Google Cloud print option allows the user, you to upload the document or photo that you wish to print on the Google cloud and print it using the devices connected to the cloud.
HP LaserJet Enterprise M608x Troubleshooting
- The HP M608X printer is just another electronic device that wears out after a certain period of time. Printer issues and printer problems are inevitable.
- Although you cannot avoid the printer issues and printer problems, with proper maintenance and usage, you can push the damage further and reduce its adverse effect.
- You need to understand the HP Laserjet M608X Laser Printer and its mechanism to avoid the printer problems and issues. Go through the user manual thoroughly.
- The most common printer issues are paper jams, low cartridge level error, paper feed errors, connection error, print quality issues, printer printing blank pages, etc.
- If at all you are having issues with the HP M608X printer, restart the device. Switch it off and remove the power cord. Connect it after a minute.
- Make sure that you only use genuine or authentic HP products. Using a non-HP product will lead to print quality and other hardware issues in your printer.
- Check if the connection between your HP LaserJet Enterprise M608x printer and your computer is secure. If you are using a wired connection, remove it and re-plug it securely.
- Update the printer firmware. If none of the above works, you might have to service your printer. Call the toll-free number for further assistance.
HP M608X Clear Paper Jams
- When the printer’s control panel prompts an alert message as paper jam, check if the issue really occurs. This is because not all the paper jam issues displayed on the control panel is true. The printer would also provide pseudo message.
- Remove the jammed paper from the rear access door with power cord removed to prevent mechanical damage. It is advisable not to remove the paper jam from the front of the unit.
- To clear the paper jam, power off the printer and turn it around so that the back side of the printer faces you.
- Plug out the power cord from the back of the printer. Affirm that the power cord is removed to let the paper feed rollers to turn freely.
- Find the rear access door and then access it by pulling the dial counter- clockwise and dragging the door toward you.
- Check the pressure rollers on the rear access door and make sure that they are clean and move freely. Wipe the rollers if required using a soft towel slightly moistened with water. If the rollers are found to be not moving freely, you have to replace the rear access door.
- From the rear access door opening of the printer, free all the jammed papers. If any of the jammed paper cannot be eliminated from the rear access door, carefully remove it from the front unit of the HP M608X printer.
- Take out the remaining paper from the paper supply tray and discard the paper that is found to be damaged.
- Re-stack and replace the paper into the paper supply tray. Subsequently, reinstall the rear access door. Now establish the power connection to the printer as how you did before.
- if still the paper jam issue is not cleared, first disconnect the power cord and take out all paper from it.
- Open the access door of the HP Laserjet M608X Laser Printer and wipe the rollers using a damp free cloth. Once it is done, reinstall the access door of the printer and check that the rear access door is installed properly.
- The issue could occur,if the rear access door is not installed properly. Elevate the cartridge access door and check the front end of the printer. Make sure that all the four rollers present moves freely and no debris or dirt present inside the printer.
- If you find any paper gets stuck in the roller, use a tweezer to remove it. After you have removed all the jammed paper, re- establish the power cord connection between the printer’s end and the power supply.
HP M608X Cartridge Is Low Error Message
- If the HP LaserJet Enterprise M608x printer displays a Cartridge Is Low error message or Cartridge Is Very Low Error message, it implies low toner level in your toner cartridge.
- If the printer displays the Cartridge Is Low error message, it means that the cartridge level is low and you need to get a replacement to replace the old toner cartridge.
- If the printer displays the Cartridge Is Very Low error message, it means that the cartridge level is extremely low and the HP’s premium protection warranty has expired.
- If you see either of those error messages on your printer, it does not mean that the cartridge has actually expired. You can continue printing until the print quality is not acceptable.
- Open the cartridge access door of the printer. Hold the handles and carefully pull out the cartridge drawer. Take out the toner cartridge and rock it. Insert it back into the printer.
- Make sure that you get a new authentic or genuine HP toner cartridge to replace the old one with. Using the non-HP toner cartridge will lead to print quality and other issues.
- If your printer displays the Cartridge Is Very Low error message, you can change the way how the printer reacts to it.
On your HP M608X printer’s control panel, scroll down and select the Supplies option. Navigate to the Manage Supplies option and select the Supply Settings option.
- Navigate to the Black Cartridge Or Color Cartridge option and select the cartridge with low toner level. Click on the Very Low Settings option to open it.
- Select Stop, Prompt or Continue option in accordance with your requirements and needs. Once you have customized the settings, save it and exit.
- Get a new HP toner cartridge and replace it with the exhausted toner cartridge. If you have more queries, call the toll-free number.
HP LaserJet Enterprise M608x Clear Paper Jam
- If the HP M608X printer displays a paper jam error, you need to clear the jammed paper from the printer in order to continue printing.
- A paper jam error can be caused due to various reasons such as improper printer settings, incorrect media type, usage of damaged or crumpled paper, incorrect media size, etc.
- Always use the paper types and sizes that are compatible with the HP LaserJet Enterprise M608x printer. If you use anything other than that, it will lead to a paper jam.
- Check if you have chosen the correct paper settings on your computer or printer’s control panel. Select the paper type and paper size that matches the paper you have inserted.
- Make sure that you have not inserted damaged or crumpled paper inside the paper. Not only it affects the print quality, it will also cause a paper jam in your printer.
- Connect one end of the power cord directly to the wall outlet and the other end to the printer’s rear. Switch on the printer and wait for it to be silent and idle.
- Open the 2100 sheet high capacity input tray door of the HP M608X printer. Check for the jammed paper and carefully remove it with your hand.
- Ensure that you don’t leave any torn pieces of paper inside the printer. Use a torchlight to see if there is any bits or pieces of paper. Even a small piece can cause a paper jam.
- Remove all the paper from the tray and check if there is any paper jammed in the feed area of the printer. If you find any, remove the jammed paper from the feed area.
- Make sure that you haven’t loaded paper above the recommended level. If the HP Laserjet M608X Laser Printer issue persists, try updating the firmware. If you have more queries, call the toll-free number.