123.HP.COM OJ 6700 PRINTER SETUP
HP OFFICEJET 6700 SPECIFICATION
The HP Officejet 6700 printer model is designed for micro or home office where space is a constraint. It works as a printer, scanner, standalone copier and fax machine. It can also scan to or print from a USB memory key and let you use HP’s ePrint to print though cloud as well as use Apple AirPrint to print over WiFi. One other key feature is the option to use the 2.7-inch touchscreen with HP’s Web Apps. The 6700 printer’s paper handling is just excellent, with a 250-sheet tray and a duplexer. The 6700 Premium offers 3.4 effective pages per minute (ppm). Text and graphics are good enough for most business needs. Photo prints, are well detailed and offer vibrant colors.
The print head itself is a permanent fitting, which helps keep printing costs down. It includes most of what you’ll want in a small office, including a wireless connection for all kinds of mobile device, automatic document feed, fast regular print, USB drive support, straightforward control from its touchscreen controls and duplex print. It has a duty cycle of 12000 pages per month. This is an excellent all-in-one printer model. A couple of niggles, don’t detract enough to prevent our recommendation.
HP Officejet 6700 Printer Wireless Setup
Wireless Setup for Windows
- To configure your printer over a wireless network, the network name and password is required. Turn on the router and computer. The printer and computer should be connected to the same wireless network with an active internet connection.
- Remove the USB or Ethernet cable that is connected to the printer. From the printer’s control panel, choose the option Wireless. On the Wireless Summary Screen, choose Settings and then Wireless settings.
- Select Wireless Setup Wizard and then follow the on-screen instructions to establish a wireless network connection for your printer. On your computer, select your printer’s name in the list of applications.
- Choose the Utilities option and click Printer Setup and Software. Choose the option Convert a USB connected printer to wireless and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless setup.
- Try to print the wireless test report which provides information about the printer status and IP address. The test report also displays details about the network settings, if the printer is connected to a network.
Wireless Setup for Mac
- Turn on the router and the computer. Make sure your printer and computer are connected to the same network. Collect the network name and password that is required to configure your printer over a wireless network.
- Detach the USB or Ethernet cable that is connected to the printer. Choose the option Wireless from the printer’s control panel. The Wireless Summary Screen will be displayed, choose Settings and then Wireless settings.
- Select Wireless Setup Wizard and then follow the on-screen instructions to set up a wireless network connection for your printer. Print the wireless test report which displays information about the printer status and MAC address.
- Choose the option Wireless from the printer’s control panel and then go to Settings. Select the option Wireless, and then click Wireless Test Report. Turn on Wi-Fi on the computer.
- Select the Wi-Fi icon and choose the Wi-Fi Direct name. Select your printer name in the list of printers, and click Add. Print a sample document to check the network connectivity and to analyze the performance of your printer.
How to Download Driver and Manual
- You can setup the driver software for your printer using the Installation CD that was provided with your printer. Open the CD drive on your computer. Place the CD in the driver and a new window will open on your computer screen. Click Open.
- Locate the setup file for your operating system and begin the installation. Double-click the setup file. Click Yes to proceed with the installation. Click Agree to accept the license agreement and continue with the installation.
- On your computer, open a web browser. Go to the driver download page and select Driver Download. Enter your printer’s name or model number and then select your computer’s operating system. Click download and run the downloaded file.
- The files will be extracted and then it will be launched. Make sure the USB cable is not connected. During the installation, Windows might ask you to confirm if you want to open the file or allow changes to your computer.
- Click Yes to continue the installation. The HP Easy Start utility files will be extracted and launched. You will be able to select the Installation type. You can choose between Easy Installation and Custom Installation.
- In Easy Installation, all features of the driver software will be installed. When you select Custom Installation, you can choose the features that you want to install on your computer. You can choose the connectivity type.
- If prompted, connect the USB cable and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the driver setup. Restart your computer after the installation process. Open Devices and Printers and view the list of printers connected to your system.
- Locate your printers name and right-click your printer’s icon. Select Set as Default and this setting will enable your printer to the default device that can be used for printing. Try to print a test document.
Replacing ink cartridges
- Print the supplies list and check for the level of all the ink cartridges. Refill the cartridge that is low in level or replace it with a new one. Unlock the ink cartridge access door and uninstall the empty cartridge from the carriage.
- Unwrap the tape and packing material from the cartridge. Make sure that the cartridge is held in such a way that the copper strips on the bottom are facing the printer. Insert the tri-color cartridge on the left side of the holder.
- The black ink cartridge should be placed on the right side of the holder. To refill the cartridge, fill the syringe from the refill kit with ink. Insert the syringe into the refill hole and release the ink.
- Make sure that the cartridge is not overfilled and cover the refill hole with clear scotch tape. The cartridge should not be placed outside the printer for more than 30 minutes.
- Lock the cartridge access door after installing the cartridge. The ink cartridges must always be aligned to maintain best print quality. Go to HP solution center in your system which can be found under Programs.
- Select Settings and then click Printer Toolbox. The Printer Toolbox dialog box will appear. Then, choose the Align the Print Cartridge option and follow the on-screen instructions. You can also execute the alignment task from your printer’s control panel.
- This will align the ink cartridges and if there is an error, the user will be notified. If there is an issue with the print-quality, try to print from a different software program and check if the document is printed correctly.
- If the page prints correctly then the problem might be with the software which should be replaced. Open the ink cartridge access door and examine the cartridge that is used for printing. If it is damaged, then replace the cartridge.
Missing or Failed Printhead Error
a. Replace the printhead
- If one printhead needs to be replaced, you must replace both printheads at the same time or an error will occur. First, power on the printer. Open the exterior access door and then open the cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage moves to the center and becomes idle. Push down on the blue carriage latch to open the lid. Press down on the tri-color printhead to release it and then pull the printhead out of the slot.
- Do not touch the printhead tower and hold it upright. Next, press down on the black printhead to release it, then pull the printhead out of the slot. Open the package and remove the tri-color printhead.
- Pull the plug straight up from the top and remove the protective tape using the pull tab. Slide the printhead into the left slot and repeat the same steps to install the black printhead.
b. Manually clean the printhead
- Stack paper towels in the bottom of a disposable container. Pour warm, distilled water into the container. Open the cartridge access door. Remove each cartridge by pressing the tab on front and then pull it out of its slot.
- Place the cartridges upside down on the paper towel. Lift the printhead latch and then lift the printhead directly upwards from its slot. Dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with filtered water and wipe away any excess ink on the printhead.
- The printhead should be placed into the disposable container so that the bottom will rest on the paper towels. Soak the printhead for ten minutes. After ten minutes, remove the printhead and set it on a paper towel with the nozzles facing up.
- Wait for the printhead to dry and then reinstall the printhead into the carriage. Lower the latch handle to lock it into place. Using the color guides on the printhead, reinstall each ink cartridge. Close the cartridge access door.
Ink system failure error displays
STEP 1: Go to Manage Supplies and click Print Supplies Status. This will give a report of all supply items. Check the report to verify the estimated level of the toner cartridge.
STEP 2: Replace the cartridge if the level is lesser than that which is required for quality printing. Open the ink cartridge access door and examine the cartridge that is used for printing.
STEP 3: If it is not Genuine HP cartridge or if it is damaged, then replace the cartridge. After replacing the cartridge, close the ink cartridge access door and try printing.
STEP 4: Go to Device Maintenance, then select Calibration/Cleaning and tap Cleaning Page. The automatic cleaning tool will clear out any smears and a cleaning message will be displayed.
STEP 5: Turn on the printer, open the ink cartridge access door and remove the cartridge. Wipe the electrical contacts and the vent with a damp lint-free cloth.
STEP 6: After wiping the contacts in the cartridge, place the cartridge inside the printer. Check the printer’s control panel display if the error message has cleared.
STEP 7: Clean the printhead regularly by navigating to Tools on the printer’s control panel. If you find an issue after the cleaning process is done, then replace the printhead.