HP OFFICEJET 6815 SPECIFICATIONS
The OfficeJet 6815 lets you fax, copy, print, and scan. It has a draft resolution of 300 X 300 dpi and normal resolution of 600 X 600 dpi for black. The resolution is set automatically for normal quality color print. Print-Best option offers a draft resolution of 600 X 600 dpi for black and is automatically set for color, and Photo-Best offers a resolution 600 X 1200 dpi for both black and color.
Specifications and Features
- It has a monthly duty cycle of 15000 pages. It has a recommended monthly volume 200-800 pages.
- It offers HP ePrint, HP Auto Wireless Connect, wireless direct printing. It is Airprint enabled.
- It uses HP Thermal Inkjet. It operates with four cartridges. It comes with an automatic document feeder with a capacity of 35 sheets.
- It has a standard media capacity of 225 sheets and an output tray capacity of 60 sheets of plain paper.
- It supports wired, wireless and USB modes of connectivity.
HP Officejet 6815 Wireless Setup
Wireless connectivity allows you to connect to your printer without the need for a physical cable. It ensures a clutter free desk and allows you to print from anywhere within the range of the router.
- Obtain the Network name and Security Passphrase. Ensure that your computer is connected to the wireless network. Make sure that your internet access is reliable.
- Ensure that the printer, router and computer are all switched on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network you wish to connect the printer to.
- Ensure that the printer and computer are in the range of the router. Detach any USB cable that is fixed to the printer.
- From the printer’s control panel, tap the Wireless icon. Tap Wireless Settings, then tap Wireless Setup Wizard. The printer looks for available wireless networks.
- Tap the name of your wireless network, then follow the prompts on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless networks. Download and install the printer software.
HP Officejet 6815 Driver And Manual Download
User Manual is a brief document that helps the user understand the functionality of the printer. It guides the user on how to set up, install, use, troubleshoot the printer. If offers illustrated descriptions of the the various parts of the printer and their functionality.
- The printer driver and software allows you to use all the features of the OfficeJet 6815. You can download the full feature printer driver from us. Your file will download in .exe format.
- You will be prompted to Open, Run, or Save the file. Clicking Run or Open will launch the installer immediately after it downloads. You will be able to view the estimated time for the download to complete in the downloads bar of your browser. If you select Save, the file will not be launched immediately. You can launch it at your convenience.
- Choose Save. Once your download completes you will be able to open the file from the Downloads folder of the computer or from the Downloads bar of the browser. Run the file and install the driver. You might be requested to connect the printer to the computer.
- The printer driver and software lets you to use all the functions of the OfficeJet 6815. You can download the full feature printer driver from us. Your file will download in .dmg format.
- You will be asked to Open, Run, or Save the file. You will be able to view the estimated time for the download to complete in the downloads bar of your computer. If you select Save, the file will not be launched immediately. You can launch it at your convenience.
- Choose Save. When your download completes, you will be able to open the file from the Downloads bar of the computer or from the Downloads bar of the browser. Run the file and install the driver.
- If required, add the printer to the printer queue, choose Officejet 6815, choose the Use or Print Using menu, choose OfficeJet 6815 in the pop-up menu and then choose Add. Go back to the HP installer to complete the installation.
If you have any queries, contact our technical support team through the toll-free number.
HP Officejet 6815 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Always use Authentic HP Printer Cartridges. Do not use counterfeit or third party cartridges. Using third party cartridges might affect the performance of the printer. Use cartridges that are compatible only with your printer.
- Push the Power button to switch on the printer, if it is not switched on. Lift the cartridge access door by the slot on the left side of the printer. Raise the cartridge access door to open it. The carriage shifts to the cartridge area. Wait for few seconds until the carriage is quiet and inactive before you proceed.
- Force the tab toward the printer on the front of the used cartridge to free it, and then force upward on the used cartridge to take it out from its slot. Unpack the cartridge, and then peel the orange pull-tab straight back. Grab the cartridge by its sides, and then turn the protective orange cap counter-clockwise to remove it off the cartridge.
- Ensure that you take off the orange pull tab and plastic wrap fully before your turn the orange cap. If not, the ink might spill from the cartridge. Remove the plastic wrap on the cartridge. The paper sticker over the top the cartridge will tear slightly. This is necessary to efficiently vent the cartridge.
- When you strip the plastic wrap, the paper sticker over the top of the cartridge tears a little, which is necessary to efficiently vent the cartridge.
- Position the cartridge so that the cartridge contacts point downward, and then match the label color with the color dot on the carriage. Load the cartridge into its slot, and then slightly press the cartridge down until it sits in its position. Place the cartridge into its slot, and then gently push the cartridge down until it is firmly seated.
- If the cartridge is not firmly fixed, take out the cartridge from the printhead. Tenderly bend the tab away from the cartridge, and then fix the cartridge back into the print head. Repeat this process to install all brand new cartridges. Shut the cartridge access door. The printer aligns the cartridges by itself.
How to scan from Printer’s control panel
Scanning lets you save a digital version of your document or photo. It helps to store and share files which were not digitally created or stored in the first place. Use the instructions below to scan form the printer’s control panel.
- If you have not yet installed the full feature software and driver for your OfficeJet 6815. This enables you to use all your printer features effectively. When required, choose the recommended option that includes HP Scan. HP scan is a software that enables you to save your scan in your desired format and specification.
- Lift your scanner glass. Ensure that your scanner glass is clean and free of debris and dust. Place the document or photo print side facing down on the scanner glass, and then lower the scanner lid.
- If your printer has an automatic document feeder, you can employ it to scan multi-page document at one time. Do not place photos in the ADF to avert damage to the photos and the printer.
- Attempt to scan from the printer. Printer models might offer a Scan button or a touch screen control panel display with a Scan menu. Choose your computer name, if required, and a scan job type.
- Once the scan completes, go back to your computer. The folder the scan is saved to opens by itself. Choose the file with Scan in the name to open the scan.
If you receive a Printhead, Printer Failure, or Ink System Failure in your printer’s control panel or computer. The error message might be shown along with various numbers and letters.
- Switch on the printer, if it is not already switched on. Once the printer is inactive and makes no noise, proceed further. With the printer switched on, detach the power cord from the back of the printer. Detach the power cord from the power outlet.
- After one minute, attach the power cord back into the wall outlet. Plug back the power cord to the back of the printer. Switch on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. Once the printer completes warm up, check for any error messages. If the error persists, move to step 4.
- Taking out the ink cartridges and examining them for an error message can help diagnose the printer issue. Remove the ink cartridges out of the print carriage, and then examine the printer control or computer for an error message.
- If the printer shows an Ink System Failure message on the control panel, update the printer firmware. If the message is to replace a particular Ink Cartridge, clean the ink cartridge contacts and vent, and then reload the ink cartridges one at a time can help ensure if a particular ink cartridge is creating the error message.
- Clean each ink cartridge and reload the cartridge, if the error message requires you to replace a particular cartridge remove the specified ink cartridge, and then reload the ink cartridges. If the issue is still unresolved, update the printer firmware.