123.HP.COM OJ6962 REVIEW
The HP OfficeJet 6962 printer is an all-in-one printer that can print, scan, copy, and fax. It supports automatic duplexing and mobile printing. You can print anything quickly and easily from your SmartPhone. This printer is designed with the 2.65″ CGD Touchscreen. It supports USB 2.0, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi Connectivity.
- The HP OfficeJet 6962 printer prints at a resolution of up to 600 x 1200 dpi. It is capable of printing at a speed of up to 18 ppm for documents in black.
- It is capable of printing at a speed of up to 10 ppm for documents in Color. The Optical Scan Resolution of this printer is 1200 dpi.
- Its maximum Document Size is 8.5 x 14″. It supports 225-Sheet Input Tray and 35-Sheet ADF.
How to download printer driver and manual
You can download the most suitable driver and the manual for your HP Officejet 6962 printer from our website. Just click the link and then select the driver and manual for your printer and download it from our website.
- Click the link and select the suitable manual for your printer from our website and then follow the instructions given in the manual to setup or troubleshoot issues related to your printer.
- To download the recent version driver for your printer, click the displayed link on the page and then select the printer driver and then click “Download”. The driver starts downloading.
- Now, turn on the computer and remove the USB cable connected to the printer and the computer, and then take the CD that shipped along with your printer and insert it into the CD drive of your computer.
- When you insert the CD, it will trigger you to begin the “Installation Wizard” process. So, start the process and you will be guided with a set of instructions appearing on the screen.
- You have to do as per the instructions are guided on the screen to complete the entire process. During the process, it will prompt you to connect the USB cable. So, connect it to the printer and the computer.
- It will automatically recognize the printer, once you connect the USB cable. Then follow the instructions appearing on the wizard and complete the installation process.
- Another method to download and install the printer driver is, download the best printer driver from our website by clicking the “Download” button and then a set of instructions appears on the screen.
- So, do as per the instructions and then choose “Open”, “Save”, or “Run” to install the driver. Then double-click the driver file in the “Downloads folder” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation setup.
How to install HP Officejet 6962 printer
Take out the printer and then follow the instructions that are given below in stepwise format to set the control panel preferences, install ink cartridges, load paper into the paper tray, and align the ink cartridges.
- First, take out the printer from the cardboard box and then remove all the tapes, stickers and the packing materials from the inside and outside of the printer. After removing all the packing materials and the tapes, you have to recycle them.
- Then you have to connect the power cord to the printer and the wall outlet. Now, turn on the printer and set your preferences on the printer control panel and finally you have to select the “Yes” option to confirm your choice.
- Now, lift the ink cartridge access door and wait till the carriage is idle. Meanwhile, remove the new ink cartridge from its package. Then pull the orange pull-tab straight back.
- Then hold the ink cartridge and twist the protective orange cap counter-clockwise. The ink cartridge should contacts face downward and should match the label color with the color dot on the carriage.
- Insert the ink cartridge into its slot and then close the ink cartridge access door. Now, pull the input tray and load sufficient plain paper into the paper tray and push the input tray.
- After loading paper, a message displays to align the printer. Click “Ok” and an alignment page prints. Take out the alignment page, place it print side down on the scanner glass. Click the “Scan” button and the printer aligns the printer.
Replacing ink cartridges
If you need to replace any ink cartridges that are low or empty, the procedure for replacing the ink cartridge is given below, so follow the steps accordingly and replace the ink cartridges.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and the carriage moves to the ink cartridge access area. So, wait until the carriage remains silent and press the tab inward on the front of the old ink cartridge.
- Now, the ink cartridge is released. So, pull up on the ink cartridge to remove it from the slot. Now, take the new ink cartridge from its package and pull the orange pull-tab.
- Now, take the ink cartridge in hand and twist the protective orange cap counter-clockwise. Also, remember you should not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles which may result in bad electrical connections.
- Now, hold the ink cartridge and turn it in such a way that the ink cartridge contacts face downward and should match the label color with the color dot on the carriage.
- Slowly insert the ink cartridge into its slot. Then gently press the ink cartridge down until it snaps into place. Repeat the same process to replace any other ink cartridge.
- After replacing the ink cartridges that are low or empty, you have to close the ink cartridge access door properly and immediately a message displays on the control panel screen.
Scanning from control panel (JPEG, PDF)
You can easily scan the documents and the photos from the printer control panel. To scan from the printers control panel, do as per the step by step procedure that is given below accordingly.
- Using the HP Scan Software, saving multiple pages or several photos into one PDF file is possible. It’s not possible to add multiple JPEG, PNG, or TIFF into a single file. To save them all in one file, you have to save photos in the PDF format.
- Search for the HP Scan option. Then click on your printer name. Open the HP printer assistant. Then tap on the Scan a Document or Photo to access the HP Scan. Click on the Save as PDF or Document to File shortcut in the HP Scan option, to scan the required file.
- All the pages get saved into a file automatically if you have scanned multiple pages from the ADF tray. In the Save as type menu, make sure that the PDF is selected and then alter the file name and folder you want to save the scan to. Click on the Save option, once it is done.
All the printer related issues can be resolved easily using the printer manual, which is available on our website. Click the link that is available on the page to download the latest manual.
PRINTER NOT PRINTING
When you try to print the documents if the printer is not printing properly then try these troubleshooting steps that are given below in step by step procedure.
- Always use the genuine ink cartridges to the printer to overcome all the printing related issues.
- Check the estimated ink levels, if any of the ink cartridges are critically low or empty, replace them. After replacing the ink cartridges, try to print and check if the issue is resolved.
- If not, then check if the ink cartridges are inserted properly into their slots and also check the vents on the top of the ink cartridges.
- The ink cartridges might not work properly if they are clogged or obstructed, which can affect the print quality of the documents. Now, try to print and check if the issue is solved.
- If the issue persists still, then try to clean the print head of the printer, as the printhead could be clogged. You can use an automated tool which is available on the printer control panel to clean the printhead.
- After cleaning the printhead, try to print and check if the issue is solved. If the issue is not cleared, then try to service the printer, as it may find the solution to the issue.