HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printer
Be it a micro office purpose or a personal purpose, the HP Officejet 6230 printer is a good choice. It worths your money and has the features that are sufficient to get the prints of your choice.
- It works on Inkjet technology.
- The interface accepted by this printer is USB 2.0, LAN, Wi- Fi.
- It is compatible with the AirPrint feature and it has an automatic duplexer.
- Glossy photo paper, cards, envelopes, photo paper, plain paper, thick paper, matte paper are accepted paper types.
Printer driver and download
- Use the software installation CD to install the printer driver and affirm that the CD contains the upgraded driver.
- If the driver to be installed is outdated, your printer would undergo many issues.
- Place the CD into the disc drive located on the computer’s CPU. And check the list of files in the disc.
- Click the setup file and liable to the on-screen prompts, install the driver. If the setup file is not compatible, reach our website to download the setup file instantly.
- After installing, affirm that the printer’s name is displayed in the list of available devices. Subsequently, try to print a test page.
- find a software installation CD in the printer’s shipment box. If you have it, keep it into the computer’ s disc drive.
- Choose the .dmg setup file from the list of files in the folder. Double-click on it to initiate the installation process.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and then click the mode of connection liable to the printer’s compatibility. Choose the Finish option to complete the process.
- Liable to the file size and memory space of the system, download the driver.
- If the installation pauses, get back to our customer support team to get guidelines regarding the download process.
How to install the ink cartridges
After powering on the printer, you have to install the ink cartridge. Without the ink cartridge, the page comes out of the printer will be empty. Check the instructions and know more.
- Get a genuine and compatible ink cartridges for the printer to get good quality prints.
- Eliminate the protective coverings from the ink cartridge which is to be installed.
- Grasp on either side of the cartridge and keep it into its slot.
- Affirm that you do not touch region other than the black plastic.
- Fix the black ink cartridge into the right side slot and the color ink cartridge into the left side slot of the printer.
- Affirm that the cartridges are properly placed. Do the same procedure to install all the cartridges. Subsequently, align the cartridges to get best print quality.
HP Officejet Pro 6230 Mobile printing
It is one of the features that let you print directly from the mobile devices. It is quite easy as you can access the data from your mobile. Check out the detailed instructions.
Printing with Cortana
STEP 1: Activate the HP Printer skill for the Cortana to print calendars, pre-formatted puzzles, and coloring pages.
STEP 2: Enable it by configuring a web- based connection between the printer and Cortana using a valid email address.
STEP 3: Power on the printer and keep plain paper in the input tray.
STEP 4: Click on the HP ePrint icon. If the email address is not displayed, check if the Web Services option is enabled.
STEP 5: Before you start to print from the HP Printer Skill, link the printer to Cortana. To print from mobile devices For your mobile device, you need to install the Cortana app.
STEP 6: After you download the app, launch it and follow the prompts to print using cortana.
HP Officejet Pro 6230 Wireless and USB setup
- li>First, use the power cord, power on the printer, assemble hardware, and then follow the instructions available here to setup the wireless connection.
- Once you connected the USB cable between the printer and the computer, you can view the name of the printer in the list of available devices.
- To establish the printer connection, gather credentials like network name and password.
- Make use of Wireless Setup Wizard to establish and maintain the printer to a wireless network.
- Keep the system and the printer near to attain maximum signal strength. Click Settings->Network Settings. Search for the Wireless Setup Wizard option and click on it. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Take the USB cable in the printer’s shipment box and establish the connection between the printer and the personal computer.
- Hold on for a minute, choose the printer name from the list, and follow the prompts to establish the connection.
- To get best signal strength, keep the devices like router, computer, and the printer closer to each other. Using the Wireless Setup Wizard option is one of the best methods to maintain the wireless connection.
- The printer can perform the function after including its name in the list of available results. Follow the prompts to add the printer and accomplish the connection successfully.
Printer not printing black ink
At times, the assigned job cannot be done and your printer’s control panel shows an alert message as the printer not printing black ink. Use the guidelines below to solve the issue.
- Use of genuine and compatible ink cartridge for the printer to avoid this kind of printer issue.
- Let your printer prints a Printer Status Report and check what the issue is actually about.
- If the level of ink is low, the issue occurs. Make sure that the ink level is acceptable. If not replace it with a new ink cartridge.
- Replace all the ink cartridges whose ink levels are low. Subsequently, align the ink cartridges.
- Maintain the printer in a way that no clogs or accumulation of dirt and dust present in the cartridge contacts. Periodical cleaning of carriage, printhead, and cartridge contacts would help you resolve this issue.
Find your wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 password
WEP or WPA password is a security pin to prevent other users to share your network. You can connect the printer to the network only if the key is entered.
- You can get the wireless network password from a system that is connected to the wireless network. To check the password on a Windows system, see the network properties.
- Search for view network connections and click View Network connections from the list of available results. On the network connections, right-tap on the network name option and choose Status.
- In the Wireless Network Connection or Wi-Fi status Status screen, choose Wireless Properties. Subsequently, click on the Security tab .
- Mark the Show Characters checkbox to see the password. if Show Characters checkbox is unavailable, proceed to the next step.
- You can get the password on the rear side of the wireless router. Go through the documentation from the Internet Service Provider to view the initial password.
- For a Mac system, you can get the wireless network password from a system connected to the wireless network. Access the Keychain Access application on a Mac.
- Get directed the Go icon in the Finder menu bar and then choose Utilities under the Go option. Choose the Keychain list application.
- Choose the Local items under the Keychain list. In the Category list, click on passwords. You can see the wireless network name and double-click on it.
- Select the Show password option . Now key in the administrator password if prompted. Subsequently, click on OK.
You can also get the initial password on the rear side of the router.