123.HP.COM OJPRO6962 SPECIFICATION
- The HP OfficeJet Pro 6962 is a multifunction printer that can print, copy, scan and fax.
- It has a print speed of 15 ppm (black – iso) and 9 ppm (color – iso). It has a print quality of 600 X 1200 dpi for color and 600 X 1200 dpi for black.
- It has a maximum duty cycle of 20,000 pages (A4) with a recommended monthly page volume of 200 to 800.
- It uses HP Thermal Inkjet Technology. It has a 2.65in touchscreen.
- It supports HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint, and Wireless Direct Printing. The printer has built-in Wifi capability and offers 1 USB 2.0, 1 Ethernet, 1 Wireless 202.11b/g/n, and 1 RJ-11 fax as modes of connectivity.
- The printer has a 224-sheet input tray and 35-sheet automatic document feeder. It has a output ray capacity of 60 sheets.
- It comes with a flat bed scanner that can scan files to Bitmap, JPEG, PDF, PNG, Rich Text, Searchable PDG, Text, and TIFF. The maximum scan size is 212 X 297 mm. It can scan upto 8 ppm (200 ppi, b&W) and upto 3.5 ppm (200 ppi, color).
- It offers a maximum copy resolution of 600 X 600 dpi and and a copy resolution up to 600 X 600 dpi.
Driver and manual download
The OfficeJet Pro 6962 user guide offer essential information to identify and use various features of the printer. It serves as a first port of call to any customer queries. You can download the full feature printer driver and software from our website.
Install from the CD
Load the installation CD provided along with your printer into the CD ROM. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation. You might be requested to connect to the printer during the setup process.
Install from our Website:
- Download the full feature printer driver and software for OfficeJet Pro 6962 from our website.
- Your file will download as a .exe file. You will be prompted to open, save or run your file. Click save. Once your file is downloaded it will be found in your browser’s download bar or the downloads folder of your computer.
- Run the file and follow the instruction on-screen to complete the printer driver installation. You might be prompted to connect to your printer during the setup.
- Download the OfficeJet Pro 6962 driver for your Mac from our website.
- Your file will download as a .dmg file. You will be prompted to open, save or run your file. Click save. Once your file is downloaded, it can be spotted in your browser’s download bar or the downloads folder of your Mac.
- Run the installer file. Select Inkjet SW in the installer folder. In the installer window, double-click HP Inkjet SW. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the installation. When instructed, quit the installation software. The HP Utility software pops-up. In the HP Utility Setup window, pick OfficeJet 6962, and then select Continue. Select Add Printer. The Add window appears. Choose OfficeJet 6962. Confirm that the printer has Bonjour mentioned under Kind. Select Use or Print Using menu, and then select OfficeJet 6600 in the drop down menu. Select Add to add the printer to the list. In the installer Add Printer window, select Continue. Observe the on-screen instructions to finish the printer setup, and then choose Done.
- If you have any queries, talk to our technical support team through the toll-free number.
How to install HP ojpro 6962 printer
- Prior to installing the printer. Unpack the printer from the box. Peel all tapes and remove all packing materials from the exterior of the printer. Peel the sticker on the control panel. Raise the scanner lid, and then take out the packing material. Shut the scanner lid.
- Pull up the output tray and draw the input tray toward you to open in it, and then take out the packing material. Pull the input tray forward until it sets into position, and then lower the output tray. Recycle the packing materials.
- Plug the power cord to the back of the OfficeJet 6962, and then fix the other end of the power cord into a wall outlet. Switch on the printer. To set your preferences on the printer control panel, tap on your desired language and country/region, and then tap Yes to approve your selection. If asked, choose the date and time, and then tap YES to approve your selection.
- Install the SETUP ink cartridges that came in the box with OfficeJet Pro 6962.Lift the ink cartridge door until it snaps into place. Once the carriage is inactive and quiet, take out the packing material from the carriage.
- Pick the ink cartridge from its box, and then peel the orange pull-tab straight back. Catch the ink cartridge by its sides, and then turn the protective orange cap counter-clockwise to remove it off the ink cartridge.
- Position the ink cartridge such that the ink cartridge contacts point downwards. Place the ink cartridges into their slots such that their label color matches the color dot on the carriage.
- Place the ink cartridge into its slot, and then gently press the ink cartridge down until it locks into position. Repeat this procedure to install all the new ink cartridges. Shut the cartridge access door.
- Place paper into the input tray after you insert the ink cartridges. Raise the output tray and then force the input tray toward you to open it. Shift the paper width guide to its outermost position.
- Place a stack of plain sheets into the input tray. Move the papers into the tray until it halts. Shift the paper width guide in until it reclines against the edges of the paper. Force the input tray forward until it locks into position, and then lower the output tray.
- Aligning the printer is required to achieve the best print quality. After placing the paper, the printer control panel shows a message to align the printer. Draw out the tray extender, and the tap OK. An alignment page prints.
- Once the alignment page is fully printed, raise the scanner lid. Put the alignment page with the print side down on the flatbed. Position it as per the inscriptions around the glass. Shut the scanner lid, and then tap scan. The printer aligns the printer.
- Download and install the full feature printer driver for OfficeJet 6962 from our website to complete the installation.
- If you have any queries, talk to our technical support team through our toll-free number.
Replacement the Ink Cartridges
STEP 1. Change the ink cartridges, if they are low or empty. Lift the ink cartridge access door. The carriage shifts to the ink cartridge access area.
STEP 2. Once the printer is inactive and quiet, push the tab inward on the front of the old ink cartridge to release it, and then pull upward on the ink cartridge to detach it from the slot.
STEP 3. Unpack the new cartridge from its box, and then peel the orange pull-tab straight back. Hold the ink cartridges by its sides, and then turn the protective orange cap counter clockwise to remove it off the ink cartridge.
STEP 4. Do not touch the contact region since this might affect the cartridge’s performance.
STEP 5. Gently turn the tab away from the ink cartridge. Position the ink cartridge so that the cartridge contacts point downward.
STEP 6. Push the ink cartridge into its slot such that the color dot on the carriage matches the label color on the cartridge. Repeat these steps to install any new ink cartridges. Shut the ink cartridge access door.
- Take out any jammed paper that is accessible from the input tray area. Raise the output tray, and then draw the input tray toward you to open it.
- Push down the buttons on both sides of the input tray, and then draw to remove the input tray.
- Check the gap where the input tray was. Pick any jammed paper in the gap with both hands, and then pull the paper gently but firmly toward you to take it away. Check for and take out any jammed paper or scraps of paper. Use a flashlight to remove it. Push the input tray back into the printer. Attempt to print again.
- Remove the jammed sheet in the ink cartridge access area. Take out any loose or jammed paper that is accessible from the ink cartridge access zone. Open the cartridge access door.
- Take out the paper path cover. Spot any jammed paper inside the printer. Pick any jammed paper in the gap with both hands, and then draw the paper slowly but firmly toward you to remove it.
- Employ your fingers to lift the flip gate on the duplex rollers. Examine for jammed papers underneath the flip gate. Push the flip gate down until it snaps into place, and then reinsert the paper path cover.
- If the print carriage is not blocked, shift the print carriage to the right or left of the printer and take out any jammed paper. To avoid tearing the paper, use both hands to draw out the paper.
- Shut the cartridge access door. Fix the necessary cords and cables to the rear of the printer. Attempt to print again.
If you have any queries, talk to our technical support team through the toll-free number.
Black Ink Not Printing and Other Print Quality Issues
On the printer control panel, swipe down from the top of the screen to open the dashboard, and then touch the Ink Level Indicator icon.
The control panel presents the ink levels. The volume of color shown with a column displays how much ink remains in the cartridge of the color.
Replace cartridges marked with an exclamatory mark when print quality is poor or when a particular color is not printing.
Insert a new cartridge and attempt to print again. Do not replace cartridge if all ink cartridges show full ink levels.
Ensure that ink cartridges are properly vented and seated correctly. Touch the power button to turn on the printer. Lift the ink cartridge access door. Once the carriage is inactive and quiet, push the tab inward on the front of the ink cartridge to release. Lift up the ink cartridge to detach it from the slot.
Look at the vent area above the HP logo on the top of the ink cartridge. If the ink cartridge still has the orange pull-tab attached, peel to detach it. If the vent is clogged, use a pin to carefully remove the excess adhesive clogging the vent. Position the ink cartridge so that the cartridge contacts are pointing downwards and the color dot on the carriage matches the label color on the carriage.
Place the ink cartridge into its slot, and then press the ink cartridge down until it sits in its position.
Repeat these steps to examine the vents on each of the ink cartridges.
Ensure each ink cartridge is firmly placed in its slot. Run along the top of the ink cartridges to sense any that are protruding, and if any are, press down until they snap into position. Shut the ink cartridge access door.
If the error is still unresolved, clean the Printhead. In the control panel, swipe down to access the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon. Swipe up on the display and then tap Printer Maintenance. Tap Clean Printhead, and then touch Continue. Examine the test page. Tap clean again if dissatisfied. If the error persists after two stages, service the printer.
If you have any queries, talk to our technical support team through the toll-free number.