HP PRINTER OFFICEJET PRO 7720
- Officejet Pro 7720 is mainly designed for small office and home. It is able to print on A3 as well as A4 papers.
- Handle 250 sheets of paper in the input tray which also accepts sheets from 15*10 cm up to Portrait papers.
- With different connection options available for a single printer, the printer is more versatile using the wireless option.
- With the Wireless option available, use this option to link to phones and tablets. An easy to use a print app compatible for both Android and Apple platforms.
- A printout time for a single page document from the printer is 20 seconds. Five pages in the Automatic Document Feeder is 48 seconds.
- Use the Draft mode which prints little fast than the normal quality saves ink and stills print in good quality.
- Use the flatbed scanner which can scan up to legal size. Also, use the touch screen control panel for an easy navigation.
- The Officejet Pro 7720 printer is a good choice and is worth paying an extra amount for all the latest features in it.
- Utilize a software installation CD to install the driver for the printer. Place it into computer’s disc drive.
- Verify whether the driver is compatible with the printer model and version of the operating system.
- Select the setup file from the list. Double-click on it to begin the installation. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
- Once installed, you can view the name of the printer in the list of existing devices. After that, try to print, scan or copy from the printer.
- In case the installation fails, get back to us. We provide steps on how to download the printer driver instantly.
- Avail a software installation CD to install the printer driver. Keep it into the computer’s disc drive.
- Examine the compatibility of the disc. View the list of contents in the disc. Choose the setup file from the file list.
- Double-click the .dmg file to begin the installation process. Choose the Custom option to avoid download of unwanted applications.
- Select the mode of connection based on the printer’s features. Agree to the terms and conditions. Select the Finish option.
- Based on the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process. If the installation stops abruptly, call our customer support team to download the driver immediately.
How to Print, Copy, Scan, Fax Setup
- Prior to printing a document, insert plain paper into the input tray. Adjust the paper width guides against the edge of the paper.
- Modify the document to change text font and size, select Layout options and also appearance settings.
- Open the document or photo you intend to print. Select the File option. Select the Printer Properties or Preferences option.
- Based on the version of the operating system, the option varies. In the Document Properties screen, make necessary changes to your print job.
- You can change the print quality, paper size and paper type if required. Select OK and then select the Print option.
- Insert the document into the Automatic Document Feeder or on the scanner glass. Tap Copy, Copy Document or Copy Photo on the control panel of the printer. Choose any necessary basic settings.
- Tap Settings to modify Advanced copy settings. You can use 2-sided copying option based on the printer model and menu type.
- Tap Start or revert to the main Copy screen by tapping Back and then tap Touch Start black, Start Color or OK to begin the copy job.
- In case you experience copy quality issues, try to edit the scan settings. Make a copy based on the user’s requirement.
- Place the document or photo you wish to print on the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder based on the printer’s features.
- Press the Scan button on the control panel of the printer. In case the scan button is not available, move to the application available in the system.
- Open the application. Select the Scan option. Make necessary changes to the scan settings if necessary. Click the Scan button.
- Once the documents or photo is scanned, the scanned media gets automatically stored in the destination folder.
- You can send the scanned files to the printer’s email address. Take printout from the printer whenever required
- Prior to setting up the fax service, you need to have an active telephone, 2-wire telephone cord ad adapter.
- Disconnect telephone devices from the phone jack. Unplug the cable from the port labeled 2-EXT on the printer’s rear.
- Plug in one end of the answering machine cord to the port labeled 2-EXT on the printer’s hindside.
- On the control panel of the printer, tap Fax ->Setup. Tap Preferences->Rings to Answer. After making necessary changes, tap Done.
- You can send the fax from the scanner glass, Automatic Document Feeder or from the system based on the user’s requirements.
- In case you are frequently facing cartridge issue, it is necessary to examine whether the printer supports ink cartridge.
- Verify whether the cartridge is not authentic. Tried to refill it rather than replacing, then you may face the cartridge issue.
- It is suggested to replace with a new one. Refilling the cartridge may lead to ink clogs or blocks in the nozzles.
- When you take the cartridge out of the package. Make sure that you do not place it in open air. It can cause cartridge dry. Do not keep the cartridge in open air for more than 30 minutes.
- When you are trying to insert the ink cartridge, it is necessary to remove the protective tape on it. Missing out of this step lead to incompatible cartridge issue.
- Handle the electrical contacts in the cartridge. Touch only the black plastic. In most cases, an issue with the cartridge occurs when there is dust in electrical contacts.
- Wipe the printhead using a clean and lint-free cloth to avoid the cartridge issue. Use an automated tool to clean the printhead.
- When you insert the ink cartridges into their respective slots, ensure that you have placed them properly. After that, try to print a test page.
Ink system failure
1. Utilize genuine and compatible ink cartridges for the printer model. You can face cartridge issues when the cartridge is not compatible.
2. Switch on the printer. Halt a minute until the printer is inactive prior to proceeding to the next step. Unplug the power cord from the printer’s rear and the wall socket.
3. Refrain from proceeding for at least 60 seconds. Connect the cable back to the printer’s hindside and the wall socket. Switch on the printer by pressing the power button.
4. Wait for the printer to complete the warm-up period. Then, the printer is inactive prior to proceeding. In case the issue persists, move to the next step.
5. Take out the ink cartridges from their respective slot. In case the printer’s displays Ink System failure message on the printer’s control panel, update the printer’s firmware.
6. Wipe the ink cartridge contacts using a clean and moist cloth. Wait for the cartridge to get dry.Insert the ink cartridges back to their respective slots.
7. In certain cases, the error might occur when the printer firmware is outdated. Upgrade the printer’s firmware using the control panel of the printer.
8. Make use of an automated tool to clean the printhead. Examine whether there are any hindrances in the carriage path.
9. If any, remove it. Replacing the printhead is also one of the solutions to rectify the Ink system failure issue. Make use of all the steps to solve the issue.