123.HP.COM OJPRO8100 SPECIFICATION
- Use the Wireless printing option to print and share notebooks or PCs on an available wireless network.
- Link your printer to systems with the help of built-in Ethernet port. Use the mobile printing solutions to print your documents from anywhere.
- Print borderless photos and documents from the printer. Save your paper cost and time with the help of the Automatic two-sided printing.
- With the monthly duty cycle of 1250 pages, increase the productivity for small-offices.
- Designed mainly for home as well as small office purposes. A budget-friendly printer.
- Input tray capacity for the Officejet 7720 printer is 500 sheets of paper. Its print speed is good which is comparable to laser print speed.
- Remotely monitoring our printer and get the printer status with HP Web JetAdmin. It is compatible in different platforms such as Windows and Mac.
- With the help of easy access app installed in your mobile devices, take the printouts of your documents or photos on-the -go.
- Conserve Energy with the help of the Energy Start certified printer.
Driver and manual download
- Use a software installation CD to install the Officejet 7720 driver. A driver is a software that acts as an interface between the printer and system.
- Based on the printer model and version of the operating system, install it. In certain cases, the file size and memory space are the other factors to be examined.
- The upgraded printer driver is necessary to fix the frequent driver and network issues. When you face a network issue, refer to the user manual.
- The user manual contains all the information regarding the setup and configuration process. It also contains the troubleshooting steps for the printer issue.
- You can get the hard copy of the user manual in the printer’s shipment box. If it is not available, it is very easy to download it.
- To download the driver and user manual, you need to call our toll-free number to download it instantly.
- You can use two ways to install a printer driver for a Mac system. One option is to make use of a software installation CD in the printer’s shipment box.
- Insert it into the computer’s disc drive located on the CPU. Once the list of contents gets screened, select the setup file from the list.
- Ensure that the setup file is in .dmg format. Double-click on it to start the installation process. Prior to installing, verify the compatibility.
- The compatibility test is done to know whether the upgraded driver is used in the printer. If the driver is not updated, driver issue occurs.
- To set up the printer, refer to the user manual to get the instructions. Use the user manual to get the troubleshooting steps for the printer issues
- For downloading the driver and user manual, reach our toll-free number. They will provide steps on how to download them instantly.
How to refill the cartridges
STEP 1: Refilling the ink cartridge is a messy job but is cost-effective. When refilling, use the cartridge that supports the printer model.
STEP 2: To start the refilling process, take out the cartridge from its slot. Place the cartridge on a white paper. With the help of a toothpick or needle, locate the refill holes on top of the cartridges.
STEP 3: After locating the refill holes, pierce it through the label. Make an attempt to locates the holes without peeling off the label on the top of the ink cartridge.
STEP 4: In certain cartridges, the chambers may be reversed. The holes on the cartridge are big enough, so it is not required to drill it gain for the needle to bypass.
STEP 5: Pierce the needle into the hole to examine the color in it. Attach needle to the syringe and add the color into the syringe.
STEP 6: When you add ink into the syringe quickly may create air-gaps. In certain cases, the air gap blocks the cartridge.
STEP 7: Ensure that there are no air bubbles in the cartridge prior to adding ink through the hole. Also, make sure that you add ink to its near-capacity.
STEP 8: Make sure that you do not overfill the regular cartridge. You can add only 1.5 ml of color to the regular cartridge.
STEP 9: For an XL cartridge, you can fill 2.5 ml of ink into the hole. Pierce the needle into the suitable refill hole.
STEP 10: You can feel a sponge in it. Press down the sponge and start inserting ink into the hole. Make sure that you slowly inject the ink into the cartridge.
STEP 11: Stops once the ink comes out of the hole. Using a clean cloth wipe the top of the cartridge.
STEP 12: After that, install the ink cartridges into their respective slots. You need to follow the same procedure of other cartridges too.
STEP 13: Try to reset the ink cartridge to examine the ink level. Wait for the printer to print an alignment page.
STEP 14: This is done to examine whether that the ink cartridges are inserted properly.
Printers are not an error-free device. You can face several issues with the printer starting from the setup issues to the cartridge issue. For all these issues, the solutions are very simple. Prior to facing an issue, it is better to avoid them. The best solutions are to use the upgraded driver, compatible ink cartridges and media type. When you do these preventive measures earlier, then the printer remains error -free. Here we provide the steps on the commonly occurring printer issues and their solutions.
Paper feed problems
- Resetting the printer is one of the methods to solve the paper feed problems. Turn on the Officejet 7720 printer.
- Unplug the power cable from the printer’s hindside and from the wall socket. Wait a second. Connect the power cable to the printer and to the wall socket.
- Power on the printer by pressing the power button. Try to print a printer status report to examine whether the issue is resolved.
- In case the issue persists, examine whether the paper type is supported by the printer. Refer the supported media types on the user manual.
- Make necessary changes in the paper settings in the printer driver. Move to the document where the issue occurred.
- Select File->Print. In the Print window, select Properties dialog box. Based on the application, the menu option varies.
- Select the Paper/Quality tab. In the Drop-down list, select Tray 2 as the Paper Source option. After making the changes, select OK and then select print to print the document.
- Dust or debris gets accumulated in the paper feed rollers. Due to this, the paper feed issue occurs. Wipe the rollers using a clean and damp cloth.
- Try to print a test page. In case the issue persists, call our technical support team to fix the issue.
- To solve the issue, uninstall, clean and then re-install the printhead. To do that, switch on the printer. Unlock the ink cartridge access door.
- Take out the cartridges. Keep them on a piece of paper with the ink opening pointing upwards. Elevate the latch handle on the print carriage until it stops.
- It is gone to uninstall the printhead. Wipe the printhead areas. The areas are plastic ramps, the edge between the nozzles and then the electrical contacts.
- To wipe the printhead, use a clean and lint-free cloth. Wait until all the areas get dry prior to proceeding to the next step.
- Ensure that the latch handle is upwards and then insert the printhead. After that, pull the latch handle. With the help of colored icons, insert the cartridge one by one.
- Check whether you have properly inserted the cartridge into its place. Seal the cartridge access door.
- You can also reconfigure the Officejet 8100 printer. To do that, with the printer switched on, unplug the power cable from the printer’s rear and from the wall socket.
- Refrain from proceeding for at least one minute. Then, connect the power cable back. Now, switch on the printer.
- In case there is any issues with the printhead, try to substitute with a new one. In case the issue continues, call our technical support team.