123.HP.COM ENVY4524 PRINTER SETUP
HP Envy 4524 Specifications
- Step 1: 123.hp.com/envy4524 is an Inkjet All-in-one printer through which you can perform print, scan, copy or fax functions.
- Step 2: The control panel display of this printer is an LCD interface that provides an easy navigation to the menu.
- Step 3: This printer allows you to get connected to your computer or laptop’s network through Wireless or USB.
- Step 4: You can easily scan or copy from your mobile phone with the help of HP Smart app, by using this HP Envy 4524 printer.
- Step 5: Along with HP Smart app, you have HP ePrint, AirPrint for Apple and Google Cloud Print to print virtually from anywhere.
- Step 6: No matter if you are using a Windows, Mac or Linux, this printer works with all operating systems.
- Step 7: You can print using a plain A4 paper, photo paper, envelopes, cards, brochures, etc with this HP Envy 4524 printer.
- Step 8: It comes with an automatic document feeder that makes your dual-sided printing and copying job easy.
- Step 9: It is an Energy-star certified printer that helps you conserve energy when the printer is in use.
- Step 10: The printer’s smooth finishing speaks of its design and structure. At an affordable cost, it is reliable to buy this printer for your Home purpose.
How to install HP Envy 4524 Printer
Your 123.hp.com/envy4524 printer is completely set only when you install the appropriate driver and update the provided software. Before we start off with the printer installation procedure, make sure that you take out the printer carefully from its box and keep it on a flat surface.
Change the language/region and country settings on the printer’s control panel as per your preference. The correct procedure to install the HP Envy 4524 printer is, to first install the ink cartridges and then the software. Before you unseal the ink cartridges from their package, shake them well. Open the access door of the ink cartridge and insert the black color into the right side and the tricolor into the left side of the cartridge slots.
When you open the cartridge access door, the carriage moves from left to right and then to the center. To check if the cartridges are installed properly, the printer aligns them by itself and prints an alignment page automatically. Hence, keep the printer’s input tray loaded with a plain white paper. The alignment page is just a blank page printed by the printer.
After the alignment process, take the CD provided by HP and then insert it into the computer’s disc drive for extraction. Once the disc is detected by the computer, the contents of the CD will auto-populate on the monitor. Choose the highlighted folder and get the appropriate setup file that is compatible with your OS.
If you are a Windows user, then the executable file will be in .exe format and Mac, it will be in .dmg format. When you click on the driver file, it will prompt you either to Run or Save. Click your preferred option, follow the instructions on the screen and complete the printer installation.
You can also install the software or driver without the need of a CD by downloading the latest printer driver from our website.
Printer Manual Download
A user manual is important to do a specific task with your 123.hp.com envy4524 printer in a right way. Let it be arranging your printer, installing the software, configuring your desired network connection or any issue troubleshooting, user manual helps you complete the tasks successfully.
- Step 1: Our website provides the choice of opting an appropriate user manual based on your printer.
- Step 2: To download the instructions manual for HP Envy 4524, click on the manual download link on the right page of our website.
- Step 3: Once you download the .pdf format file, you can search for the required topic or task that you need to accomplish.
- Step 4: Alternatively, you can also go to our website if you are in need of how to do ideas with respect to your 123.hp.com/envy4524 printer.
- Step 5: Our user manual provides the information about a feature of the printer and also tells you how to utilize it.
- Step 6: The instructions on our website are easy to read and simple to follow that does not require any technician to come and handle it.
- Step 7: If not, we have our technical support team who can help you resolve the issue instantly on a Toll-free number.
Scan to computer, Email or PDF
Scanning with HP Envy 4524 is very simple with a few scan applications if it is accepted by your Windows or Mac operating system. Once you perform the scan function, you have the option of saving the scanned file either as a PDF or you can email it using your printer’s email address.
Step 1: Depending on your operating system, follow the succeeding steps to open the HP Printer software.
Step 2: If you are a Windows 8.1 user, then click the down arrow on the lower left corner of the Windows Start screen, choose the name of your printer; click Utilities.
Step 3: If you are a Windows 8 user, right-click a null space on the Start screen, click All Apps on the app bar, select your 123.hp.com/envy4524 printer name and then click Utilities.
Step 4: For Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP, click the Start button, choose All Programs, click HP and then click the Printer folder.
Step 5: Choose Manage Scan to Computer under the scan option and then click Enable. Mac users, go through the following steps to know how to scan from your computer.
Step 6: Access the HP Utility Software and choose Scan to Computer under the scan settings.
Step 7: Foresee that Enable Scan to Computer is chosen. Now, let’s see how to scan a document from the printer’s control panel.
Step 8: On the right front corner of the scanner glass, place the actual print side down. Tap Scan and then select the computer that you wish the scanned file to be saved and then tap OK.
Step 9: To scan from the printer software, click Scan a Document or Photo. Choose the type of scan you require and then click Scan.
Step 10: If you want to save the file in .pdf format, choose Save as PDF. To send the scanned file as an email, make use of the printer’s ePrint mail address.
How to Solve-Not Printing From Mac
There are many feasible solutions to fix the printer issue with your Mac. First, try uninstalling the printer software from your computer. You can do it either with HP Uninstaller or HP Easy Start.
From your Mac’s Finder, click Go and then Applications in the menu bar. Now, open the HP folder. If you have HP Uninstaller in the folder, double-click on it and then follow the instructions to remove the printer software instantly.
If not, move the HP folder to the Trash icon in the Dock and from the menu bar, click Go, click Go to Folder, double-click type/Library/Printers, and then click Go. Now, the folder named Printers opens.
To move the HP folder into the trash, click the folder and drag it to the Trash icon. Reboot your Mac and then empty the trash by doing a right-click on the Trash icon.
You can also resolve this issue by resetting your HP Envy 4524 printer completely. But ensure that you do not remove and readd the printer.
Go to the Disk Utility by pressing Command+Space to open Spotlight search, enter Disk Utility and hit Enter. This can also be done by clicking the Launchpad icon on your dock, click the folder named Other and then click Disk Utility. Choose your Mac’s partition i.e. Macintosh HD, click the Verify Disk Permissions button and hold on till the process is completed.
Click on the Repair Disk Permissions to check for any problems and fix them automatically. Reboot your Mac device and download the printer software and install it as per the instructions that you see after double-clicking the setup file.
How to Fix the Ink Cartridge Issues
HP Envy 4524 Ink cartridge issues occur when there is a depletion of ink inside the cartridge. Sometimes the electrical contacts of the cartridge might have damaged and the ink clogs inside. To avoid such issues, do not keep the ink cartridge outside for a long time. If you have a high usage of the printer, it is always recommended to maintain it properly. You have to clean the ink cartridge nozzles and electrical contacts with a soft lint-free cloth.
Doing it often helps you avoid leakage issues with the cartridge. Ensure that you use the right ink cartridge for your HP Envy 4524 printer because the ink cartridges are made unique for each and every printer, by the manufacturer.
Many of them assume that refilling the ink cartridge may save cost on its further usage. But the ideal thing would be using a genuine ink cartridge provided by the manufacturer. You may not expect an assured quality of the refilled cartridges. HP has a subscription option called HP Instant Program through which you receive the ink cartridges before it becomes empty. Check with the manufacturer’s support if HP Envy 4524 supports the program and get enrolled in it.
This Instant Ink Program provides cost-effective plans on the further purchase of ink cartridges. When the printer is on low ink, with the HP SureSupply, you can know the ink level of your printer on its control panel.
Never allow debris or dust to form on the ink cartridge nozzles because it may affect both the ink cartridges and the printer. Sometimes, the HP 4524 ink cartridge issues may occur even due to the faulty printhead. At that time, do the basic check on your cartridges as mentioned previously and if it’s not the reason for the printer issue, then diagnose the printhead.