HP OFFICEJET 6975 PRINTER SETUP
An Officejet 6975 printer is an all-in-one printer that includes print, scan and copy features. Save your ink up to 50% using the Instant ink feature. Use different modes of connection to connect the printer to a network. Use the Automatic Duplex printing option to print on both sides of the pages without flipping each and every time to complete the printing process.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Use this low running cost printer for low-volume printing areas such as small workgroups or office. Connect the printer to smartphone and tablets without using a network or wireless router using the Wireless Direct feature.
- Maintaining the printer is a very easy task and produces a remarkable output for both black and color documents. Use high yield ink cartridges to print twice the documents compared to normal printing. Due to high print speed, print the document in very fast.
- Print or scan multiple pages documents at a time using the Automatic Document Feeder option. Send your documents to the printer’s email address using the Scan to email option.
A Driver is one of the essentials required for the printer. It is necessary to install the driver in the system to start the printing process. Follow the steps below to start the installation.
- Utilize a software installation CD in the printer’s shipment box. Place it on the computer’s disc drive to start the installation process.
- The system reads the list of files in the CD. Select the setup file from the list and double-click on it to start the installation process.
- Select the Custom option to prevent the download of unnecessary applications. Based on the on-screen prompts, complete the installation process.
- In case the driver is not compatible with the printer, download an updated one. Ensure that the driver is compatible with both printer model and OS version.
- It is suggested to click the .exe setup file for a Windows system and .dmg file for a Mac system. In certain cases, you can download the .zip file.
- For downloading and installing the driver, call our customer support team to get the instructions regarding the processes.
First time printer setup
When you receive the printer at your doorstep, first-time printer setup should be done. Here are the steps regarding the setup process.
- Begin the setup process by opening the box. Discard all packing materials surrounding the printer. Check for the contents in the box.
- The contents include a software installation CD, ink cartridges, warranty card, power cable, USB cable and a user guide.
- Take out the printer from the box. Place it on a flat surface. This is done for proper functioning of the printer.
- Use the power cable for the connection process. Plug in one end of the cable to the printer’s rear and to the wall socket.
- Press the Power button to switch on the printer. Load plain paper into the input tray. Use compatible papers in the tray.
- Move the paper width guides against the edges of the paper. Install the ink cartridges into their respective slots.
- Ensure that the cartridges are placed properly. After the installation process, the printer starts printing an alignment page automatically.
Ink Cartridge Replacement
Ink cartridges are quite expensive for the replacement process. But, it is suggested to use genuine ink cartridges and register your printer ‘s name in the Instant Ink feature to cut down the cartridge cost.
- You need to replace the ink cartridges when the ink level is very low, due to the incompatible ink cartridges or faulty ink cartridges.
- You can examine the ink level on the printer’s control panel or from the ink system management tool available after installing the full feature driver.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. To remove the cartridge from its slot, press on the top of the cartridge. Remove the cartridges from the slot carefully.
- Take out a genuine ink cartridge from the printer’s packaging. Remove the protective tape located underneath the cartridge.
- The protective tape avoids the accumulation of dust in the ink nozzles and the electrical contacts. Move the cartridge at an upward angle to place it into its slot.
- Redo the same procedure for all other cartridges. Once the cartridges are installed, the printer automatically prints an alignment page for obtaining quality printouts.
Most electronic devices should be maintained properly. The printer should be handled with most care. When you are not a frequently using inkjet printers, it experiences various issues now and then. When following the steps mentioned in the user guide, the issues can be reduced.
Color or Black ink is not printing
- When the ink level is cartridge is very low, then the printer is subjected to face color or black ink not printing issue. Follow the steps below to clear the issue.
- It is advised to verify whether the installed ink cartridge is genuine and compatible with the printer model. If not, use the authentic and compatible one.
- Check the ink levels in the cartridge frequently. You can verify it from the control panel of the printer or use an ink management tool.
- If the cartridge level is critically low, replace that with a new one. Wipe the ink cartridge contacts using a clean and damp cloth.
- You can do it automatically with the help of the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool. Maintain the printer in such a way that the dust or debris is not accumulated again.
- Take out the printhead from the printer. Wipe it using a clean and moist cloth and then install it again .This may help to fix the issue.
- Try to open the ink cartridge access door. Uninstall all ink cartridges from their respective slots and then keep it on a flat surface with the ink pointing upwards.
- Make sure that you do not keep the ink cartridges outside the printer for more than an hour as it may damage the ink cartridge and the printer.
- Now clean the printhead. You need to clean the plastic ramps on both sides of the ink nozzles, electrical contacts and edge between the nozzles.
- After doing all the above steps, install the printhead again into the slot. Restart the printer and then try to print a test page from the printer to verify whether the printer is working properly.