Installation Support 123.hp.com/setup 6978 Printer
This 123.hp.com/setup 6978 all in one inkjet printer has a glossy touchscreen control panel which exhibits and allows you to cycle through diverse options. One of the finest features of the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 is the options it gives to link wirelessly. When you link to the Wi-Fi network in your home or at your office, it exhibits in the printer selection menu on your computer with HP Officejet Pro 6978 Driver.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 all in one Inkjet Printer Introduction
This multifunction HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup printer is now available in the market with a slim and sleek design that does not occupy huge desk space. AirPrint is a special feature exclusively designed for Apple devices such as iPad, iPhone and Mac computers. The 123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 harvests prints using four ink cartridges and Instant Ink, which is planned to save money on cartridges. Your printer then remits HP Officejet Pro 6978 ink for you, so you obtain fresh cartridges in the mail every time when your printer is running low. This is an exclusive feature among the HP 6978 printer products we revised, and it is particularly cooperative for a small business or a home office and for more use HP Officejet Pro 6978 manual.
How to Install HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Setup?
Steps for setup and driver installation:
- Go to 123.hp.com/setup 6978.
- Downlod Driver Software for 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 Printer.
- Enter your printer model and click Begin for your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Driver Download.
- Click Download, then Open, Save or Run on the window that displays, to download the driver.
- Double click on the driver file downloaded to your computer to start the installation process.
- Follow the on screen instructions and complete the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup connection setup and the driver installation.
- Now come back to the Page to finish the 123 HP ojpro 6978 printer registration and activation.
Download and install the software on your Windows computer:
- Make sure the HP Officejet pro 6978 printer is powered on.
- Remove the USB cable from the printer, if it is connected with a computer or any other device.
- Go to our website and enter the HP Printer name 123 hp Setup Officejet 6978 and model in the product field.
- Go along with the prompts on the windows screen to get into the downloads page.
- Click Download under the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer driver or software. Open the downloaded folder and then install it on your Windows computer.
HP 6978 Printing with Black Ink Only on Windows
The below document is for 123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer using a Windows computer.
To diminish the use of color ink or print a photograph in grayscale, settings can be changed in the software to print with black ink only or grayscale.
- Tap on the print in your software app.
- From the list of printers choose your 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer.
- Tap on the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box.
- Depending on your software, tap on the paper/Quality or features tab.
- To use only black ink cartridge, alter one of the settings below,
- Tap Advanced and click Print in Grayscale, and then choose Black Ink Only.
- Tap on Black & White button.
- Tap on OK, and then choose Print to start the print job.
- The printer prints in black HP Officejet Pro 6978 ink for this print job only.
To Print only black for all your print jobs follow the below steps:
- Select windows for devices and 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printers.
- Right-click your printer, and from the drop down list choose Printing Preferences.
- Choose your HP Officejet Pro 6978 all in one printer again, and then select the Paper/Quality or Features tab, liable to your software.
- Click on OK to complete the change with HP Officejet Pro 6978 Driver.
HP 6978 Printing with Black Ink Only on Mac
This document is for 123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer using a Mac computer.
If you want to curtail the use of color ink or print a photograph in grayscale, change the settings in the HP software to print with black ink only.
- Black Ink Only : Print with black ink only.
- Grayscale : Print with multiple shades of gray.
- High Quality : Rise the dots-per-inch (dpi) on the page, enabling thorough photos and sharper text. For better results, this setting may use color ink in tally to black ink for better results.
Print only black HP Officejet Pro 6978 ink for one print job
- Open the photo you want to print on your Mac.
- Choose File, and tap on Print.
- Ensure your 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer is selected.
- Tap on show details if you don’t see any options on the print dialog box.
- Under Paper Type/Quality, tap on Color Options, and then select Grayscale.
- The Grayscale Mode options display.
- Tap on HP 6978 Print.
Print only black for all your print jobs
- Open the photo or document on your mac to print.
- Tap on File, and then select Print.
- Ensure your HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup is selected.
- Choose show details if you don’t see options in the print dialog box.
- Choose color options under paper type/quality and select grayscale.
- The Grayscale Mode options exhibits.
- Tap on the Presets drop-down menu, and select Save Current Settings as Preset.
- Enter a name for the preset, choose Only this printer or All printers, and then tap OK.
- The preset is saved in the Presets list with HP Officejet Pro 6978 Driver.
Printing Documents on Mac
The below document is for 123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer and Mac computers.
- Edit the document to adjust text font and size, select layout options, and to change any other appearance settings before printing.
- Click File, then tap Print.
- Choose your HP Officejet Pro 6978 all in one printer from the Printer menu.
- From the Presets menu, choose an option that applies to your print job or paper type.
- Tap on Print and for more use HP Officejet Pro 6978 manual.
Printing Documents on Windows
This document is for 123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer and computers with Windows.
- Edit the document to adjust text font and size, select layout options, and to change any other appearance settings before printing.
- Click File or the menu icon (WordPad), then tap Print to open general print settings.
- Click 123.hp.com/setup 6978 Printer Properties, Properties, or Preferences in the access for more layout, quality, and advanced print settings.
- Change the layout and paper settings for your print job and click OK and tap on Print.
Setting Up Officejet Pro 6978 Wired Setup for Mac and Windows
Step 1 : Proceed with the HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver installation and network connection
- Ensure you have a network router, switch, or hub with available ethernet ports and computer must be connected to the same.
- Acquire an Ethernet cable and make sure to not to use a standard telephone cable.
Step 2 : Link the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer to the network
- Switch on your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Eliminate any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the back of the printer.
- Link the Ethernet cable to the printer port, and then join the other end of the cable to an available port on the network like a router, switch, or hub.
Simple Steps to Download HP OJ Pro 6978 Printer Software
- Type your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer model in the search box, and then click Begin.
- Enter your printer model, if interrupted, and then confirm that the operating system version is correct.
- Under Driver-Product Installation Software, click Download next to HP Easy Start or the full feature HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver, depending on the option that exhibits.
- When interrupted by the installer, click Add Printer to generate a print queue on the Windows and Mac.
- The Add window displays.
- Arrive at the HP installer to download the installation.
What are the Methods for WPS Setup on HP 6978 Printer?
Method 1: 123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 WPS Setup
- Goto 123.hp.com/setup 6978.
- Collect network name and password.
- Find your wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password.
- To connect wireless network, touch wireless icon on HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer control panel.
- click setup icon the printer.
- click wireless settings.
- click wireless setup wizard.
- Select name of your network, and click ok.
- If no network, click new network name and enter your network name.
- Enter WEP or WPA key, click Done.
- Your 123 HP OJPro 6978 printer connection has succeeded, touch OK to return home.
Method 2: 123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 WPS Setup
- Press the Wireless Button on control panel.
- Go to Settings and then select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless connection.
- Enter your details, such as network username and password during the setup process.
- Insert your printer drivers CD-ROM, to install 123 Officejet Pro 6978 printer driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the 123 Officejet Pro 6978 setup wireless setup.
How to do Wireless Setup for HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer?
- Ensure the wireless icon is switched on.
- check whether your printer is connected with wireless network.
- Open WiFi settings, and check your printer is connected with same wireless connection.
- Goto to App store and choose compatible printing app.
- Next click on App share button and search Print icon.
- Move to Home Screen, Open the document, then click Share Icon.
- OR Click Main menu, and Click Print Button.
- Select File to Print, and click Print option.
- In Printer Options, Select your 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer.
- Goto Print Settings, Enter copies number, and click Print.
- Print Job done successfully.
Step 1 : Arranging for Printer Installation
- The network name and network password must be collected.
- A computer must be connected to your wireless network.
- Internet access: Such as cable or DSL for software downloads must be gathered
- Ensure the router and computer are switched on, and that the computer and 123.hp.com/ojp6978 printer are connected to the same HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless network. Switch on the printer and place it near to the computer within the range of the router through the 123 HP setup 6978 process.
- Detach any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer and for more use HP Officejet Pro 6978 manual.
Step 3 : Download and configure the HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver
- Tap on download, and then click Open, Save, or Run in any windows that display to install the driver to your computer.
- To launch the HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver installation double-click the driver file in the browser downloads bar or in the Downloads folder on the computer.
- To download the installation and complete the connection setup follow the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 on screen instruction.
Step 2 : Link to the HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless network
- From the home screen of the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup control panel, scroll down to open the Dashboard, and then click on the Wireless icon.
- Click the Setup icon.
- Tap on Wireless Settings, and then click on 123.hp.com/setup 6978 Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Enter the name of your network in the list of existing networks, and then click OK.
- If the list does not cover your network name, tap on Enter New Network Name, and follow the on-screen instructions to tap your network name.
- If interrupted, type network password and then touch Done.
- A summary screen exhibits. Touch OK to return to the home screen.
Step 4 : Restarting Your Device
After completing all the above steps, power off your computer and power it on again. Now try to perform a print job from your computer or mobile phone to confirm if your 123 HP Setup 6978 printer is connected over a HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless network.
How to Perform Officejet Pro 6978 Scan on Mac and Windows OS?
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan from Mac
- Download and configure the Scan app from the App Store.
- Mount the document or photo printed side down on the scanner glass, then close the scanner lid.
- Choose your HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup name from the Scanner drop-down menu.
- Choose your scan type from the Presets menu.
- Tap on Scan.
- To add additional pages, click scan next item or click done.
- Tap on Edit to regulate colors, straighten the scan, or crop the size.
- Click Send and click Folder to save your scans and for more use HP Officejet Pro 6978 manual.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan from Windows
- Mount the document or photo you want to scan on the scanner glass or load it into the automatic document feeder (ADF) if your 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer has one.
- Look Windows for Scan, and then click the Scan app.
- Install Windows Scan if scan app does not display in the list.
- Tap on Show more to change settings like Color mode, Resolution, and where to save the file.
- Tap on HP Officejet Pro 6978 scan.
How to Copy or Photos or Documents on HP 6978?
Step 1 : Mount the original document or photo
- Switch on your123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup and mount the original document.
- ADF : Mount the document into the document feeder tray and adjust the width guides to fit the item.
- Scanner glass : Mount the original and position it according to the engraved guides around the glass, and close the scanner lid and make sure the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Driver for scanner is set properly.
Step 2 : HP 6978 Copy the document or photo
- Click on Copy from the control panel of the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer.
- Choose Document, ID Card, or Photo.
- Scroll to the desired number of copies, or touch the keypad, and input a number.
- Touch on Touch to Preview to edit the image viz crop, resize, and adjust the contrast of the copy.
- Click on Done to return to the copy screen.
- Click on the Settings icon and then specify desired advanced copy settings like: Lighter/Darker, Quality, Draft, Normal, Best resize, enhancements, binding margin, save 123.hp.com/setup 6978 advanced settings.
- Click on Back to return to the Copy screen.
- Click on Start Black, Start Color, or Start Copy to print the copy job.
How to Setup Fax on HP OJPRO 6978 Printer?
Step 1 : 123.hp.com/ojp6978 Necessities
- A telephone landline which works properly
- Download the HP Officejet Pro 6978 ink cartridges
- Mount plain, white paper in the input tray
Step 2 : Install a fax connection
- Release any telephone devices from the phone jack where you are Linking the HP Officejet Pro 6978 all in one printer.
- Eliminate the plug from the port labeled 2-EXT on the back of the printer.
- On the control panel of the HP 6978 printer click on fax, setup and then on preferences.
- Scroll on the display, and then touch Rings to Answer.
- Click on Done.
- Scroll on the display and ensure Auto Answer is set to On. If Auto Answer is off.
- Click on the toggle to switch it on fax from HP Officejet Pro 6978 Driver.
Send a fax from the scanner glass
- Mount and align the original to the engraved guides near the edge of the glass and close the scanner lid.
- Click on send a fax now from the control panel of the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer.
- Enter the fax number in the Enter fax number field and click on black or color.
- The printer starts dialing the fax number and faxes the document. If the fax machine is available to receive your fax, your fax is sent.
Step 3 : Mount the original in the ADF tray
To send a fax from the scanner glass of 123 HP Officejet Pro 6978, the automatic document feeder (ADF), or computer follow the below steps:
- Switch on the document print-side up.
- Attach the pages so that the top edge of the document goes in first.
- Slide the paper into the ADF till you hear the tone that signals the original.
- Glide the paper and do not push the guides in so tightly that they bind against the paper.
Step 4 : HP Officejet Pro 6978 scan and direct the document
- Tap on send a fax from the control panel of the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer.
- Enter the fax number in the Enter fax number field.
- Tap on Black or Color and make sure HP Officejet Pro 6978 Driver function.
Send a fax from the computer
These steps are applicable for both Windows and Mac OsX.
- Click on the document you want to fax.
- Tap on print from the file menu and click print or OK.
- Enter the fax number and other data for the recipient, change any further settings for the fax, and click Send Fax.
- The 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer starts dialing the fax number and faxes the document. If the receiving fax machine is accessible, your fax is sent and for more use HP Officejet Pro 6978 manual.