123 HP Envy 5661 Printer Setup and Support
A HP Envy 5661 wireless photo printer copier and scanner which connects easily to the local area network and the Internet. It is compatible with Windows 10. A 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer that produces high quality prints at a low cost.
123.hp.com/setup 5661 Specifications
- Print, Scan, Copy.
- Wireless and HP ePrint compatibility.
- LCD Preview screen.
- Automatic duplexer for two-sided printing.
- Cloud Print accessibility.
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi direct compatible
- Mediocre speed.
- Non- existence of Ethernet connection.
- Incompatible with Fax.
- No Automatic Document Feeder for scan
Get your print with the best quality 123.hp.com/envy5661 at a low price not only from your desktop but also through your phone and tablet using Cloud.
Primary Setup 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer
Track the simple procedure which let you perform the primary setup of your HP Envy 5661 printer
Step1: Unfasten the packing materials from the 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer.
- All you have to do after the shipment material arrives is take the printer out of the box. And unfasten all the packing materials from the printer.
- All the stickers from the123.hp.com/setup 5661 printer control panel should be unfastened.
- Unlatch the scanner lid so that you can unfasten the tapes present inside.
- Get rid of the tapes from the HP Envy 5661 printer.
- Ratify that no plastic tapes exist inside the printer before proceeding to the next steps.
- Make sure that no plastic covers are present inside the photo tray.
- Get rid of the packing materials and continue to next step.
Step 2: Uphold the materials which you get with the 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer
Make your printer free from the packing materials and tapes. The materials you receive along with the printer vary by country/ region.
Step 3: Link the power cord connection, setup references
Here are the directives that allow you to link the printer to the power supply.
- Plug- in one end of the power cord to the printer and the other end to the power supply.
- Power up your 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer.
- Once the powering up of the printer is done, go to the control panel to select the preferred language option.
Step 4: Place the HP Envy 5661 Ink Cartridge into the printer
It is advisable to use genuine ink cartridges to obtain good print quality. Take a look at the appropriate instructions and follow them.
Unlatch the ink cartridge access door with utmost care. You may receive The ink cartridge access door is open message. Shut the door to continue to the printer’s control panel, when the door is opened.
- Make your new shipped ink cartridge to be get rid of all packing materials. Dodge touching any place other than the black plastic on the HP Envy 5661 Ink Cartridge.
- Take off the protective tapes from the ink cartridge.
- Be cautious while you install the ink cartridge. Place the tri- color ink cartridge on the left and the black ink cartridge to the right.
- Fix the ink cartridge into the slot, subsequently latch the door. While doing so, the Door open message vanishes and the 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer control panel returns to the Home Screen.
- Click the Ok option and hold on until the printer completes the calibration cycle.
Step 5: Fill the tray with new white sheets
- Be aware that tray is to be filled with unused white paper prior to installing the HP Envy 5661 Ink Cartridge into the printer.
- Grasp the handle to pull the tray out.
- You receive the message Close Tray on the printer control panel with a message- ‘A paper tray is open. Confirm that the paper you want is loaded and then close the tray to proceed.
- Hold on until the printer prints an alignment automatically.
- Follow the prompts if the printer does not print the alignment page.
- Unlock the scanner cover. Mount the alignment with the print side placed on the scanner glass.
- Click Ok option after closing the scanner cover.
- The alignment page gets scanned now.
- Click Finish and then remove the alignment page.
Step 6: Install the computer with the printer software
Setup all the hardware, subsequently, let your computer install the printer software. You must not link your 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer to the computer until you are instructed.
How to scan 123.hp.com/setup 5661 Printer
Take a look at the instructions to scan the needed documents or photos from your 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer to the computer that operates with Windows and Mac operating systems. Here are the detailed instructions on how to scan the documents using the methods mentioned below:
- Scan with HP Scan software
- Scan with HP Scan and Capture (Windows 8 and10)
- Scan with Windows Scan (Windows 8 and 10)
Method 1: Scan – HP Software Scan
HP Scan software is an in- built feature with the 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer that were launched in 2011 or later. Start the scan job from the computer, modify the scan quality configuration, and save the scans to any needed format and more. Track the instructions below to scan the documents.
- Mount the items whose scan is to be taken either in the ADF or the document feeder slot based on the printer type and the feature.
- Find your 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer model from the search list.
- If your printer name is found, click on it from the search results.
- If your printer name is not found, affirm that your computer is installed with the latest HP Envy 5661 driver.
- Go with Scan a Photo or Document.
- Take any one of the shortcuts that match the file type and resulting action you require.
- Go with any one among the available default settings on the right corner of the window, if required.
- You can preview and include the additional changes by tapping Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan option.
- Tap on the Advance Settings or More options in order to include the additional settings like quality, color and default scan destination folders.
- Click on Scan option. Your materials get scanned and previewed.
- Tap the thumbnail image of the scanned items if any changes to be done to the settings.
- Click Save and take a look at the Save as windows.
- Look for the folder where you would like to save the scan to, modify the format as per the requirement.
- The file type should be ratified before saving the document. Once it is done, tap Save.
- The folder where your scan has saved is to be accessed to view the scan.
Method 2: HP Scan and Capture (Windows 8 and 10)
Try to scan the documents or photos using 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 Scan and Capture application. Affirm that your computer has Windows 8 or 10 operating system.
Method 3: Scan using Windows Scan (Windows 8 and 10)
- Windows Scan application let you scan the required documents or photos. Affirm that you have installed either the basic or full featured driver on the computer running on Windows 8 or 10 to use this app.
- Load either the scanner glass of the ADF with the materials whose scan is to be taken.
- Go to Windows, search for the Scan option, and click the Scan app from the sorted results.
- You are directed to install Windows Scan from the Windows Store, if the Scan app is not found in the search results.
- If you can see the Source in the existing option, tap loaded your document or photo.
- Alter the Color mode, Resolution, and the location of the documents by tapping the Show more option.
- Go with the Scan option.
Affirm that your Mac is installed with the essential app to scan the documents and photos. Some printers are designed to scan multiple documents. This functionality is present based on the 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer model and the operating system of the Mac on your computer.
Method1: Scan with the HP Easy Scan app (MacOS and OS X 10.9 and later)
This app lets you scan and edit the documents. 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 Easyscan, a free scanning application for Mac users which you can avail it from Play Store. Go through the instructions to download and install it on your Mac.
HP Easy Scan app
- Go to the App Store, tap Download and run the downloaded file to install it in the desired location on your Mac computers.
- If the app cannot be accessed on its own, open the Mac for Scan and click HP Easy Scan option from the sorted results.
- The scanner glass should be fed with the documents or photos to be scanned with the printed side faces down. The scanner lid should be closed after the documents have been placed.
- Access 123.hp.com/setup 5661 Easy Scan and look for your printer’s name from the Scanner drop- down list.
- You are required to click Scan type from the Presets menu.
- To modify any basic settings, tap on the Edit Settings option.
- Tap the Scan option and include the extra pages by clicking Scan Next Item or Done.
- Take a look at the thumbnail version of the scanned items in the left pane and view the items on the right pane.
- Tap Edit options so that you can modify the colors, crop or resize the image.
- The Editing tool can be viewed in HP Easy Scan.
- Look at the window’s bottom, tap Send and then click the corresponding Folder to save the scans on the Mac computers.
- Tap the Send option to Save the scan on the Mac.
- The folder can be browsed by tapping the Where option and then click Save.
- Take a look at the scanned document, access the folder where you have saved it and then double- tap on the file.
- You can save multiple documents into a single PDF file. You can modify the color, size, orientations and quality of the scans.
Method2: Scan using HP Scan software (OS X 10.11 or earlier)
Scrutinize the printer’s control panel to know your printer’s features. Affirm that your Mac computer is installed with the HP Scan Software.
Step1: Ratify that your Mac is installed with the HP Scan Software
- Go to Finder and select Go option to choose the Applications.
- Double- click the HP folders, browse HP Scan from the filtered list and then track the prompts.
- HP Scan is screened in the Applications.
Step 2: Try to scan the required documents or photos
Track the instructions provided below to take a scan of the required materials.
- The material whose scan is to be taken should be mounted in the scanner glass or ADF. Ratify that the printed side of the material is placed down.
- Access the HP Scan window and tap the Scan options.
- Find out your 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer name from the Scanner menu, and go ahead with the scan type from the Presets menu.
- Tap the down- arrow in the upper right corner of the window to scrutinize or modify the color, quality setting or the orientation of scans.
- Tap the arrow button to screen the scan settings.
- To look at the Scan items, tap Continue.
- Go ahead with the Scan Next Item or Add to include more items or tap the Done options.
- Tap on the thumbnail version to see the scanned documents.
- You can modify the settings by clicking the Edit options.
- Use the Where option to browse for the desired locations. When the desired location is found to save your files, click the Save option.
- Tap the folders where your scans have been saved to see the scans.
Method 3: 123.hp.com/setup 5661 Scan using Apple Image Capture
Your Mac OS and OS X can be downloaded with the Apple Image Capture application.
- Place the printed side of the documents whose scan is to be taken on the scanner glass or ADF.
- Go to Finder->Go option locates in the top menu bar->Applications->double- click the Image capture.
- Browse for your 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer name in the Devices or Shared list.
- Tap on the Show details option to display the scanned items.
- Configure the scan mode as Scanning bed or automatic document feeder based on where you place the original documents.
- Scan kind can be either set as black and white or color or optimized for text only as desired.
- Better quality images can be resulted with higher resolution. As result the size gets increased.
- Use the higher resolution to get the best-detailed scans. It is not essential to use a higher resolution for black and white.
- Fix the size by using the Customizing size or Standard paper size option.
- You can choose where to save the scan.
- Configure the format as you need.
- Click Manual to display the option to modify the brightness and saturation of scans.
- Tap Scan and then click the Save to folder option to save the scans.
- Take a look at the scanned items by double- clicking the file where the scan is saved.
How to print in 123.hp.com/setup 5661 Printer
- Open the print window so that any required settings can be changed to attain the best print quality.
- Before commencing the print job, do all the necessary modifications to the settings.
- You can modify the text font, size, layout options and other appearance settings.
- Modify all the required settings. Subsequently tap File or the menu icon and then Print to gain access to the general print settings.
- You can gain access to more settings like layout, quality and advance print settings by using Printer Properties, properties or Preference options.
- Modify the layout and paper settings if needed. This option is not same in all the printers.
- Tap Ok and then Print after performing all the changes.
- You need not do many changes to print a document from Mac computers. Track the instructions to print from your Mac computers.
- Assign the print job after performing all the necessary changes to the settings.
- Go to the app where you have created the document. Click File-> Print.
- Now the 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer settings window screens. Tap Show Details to view the hidden menus.
- Pick out your 123.hp.com/setup 5661 printer name from the Printer menu.
- Choose the option that matches your print job or paper type from the Presets menu.
- Alter the settings type by clicking the unnamed menu which is present at the center of the window.
- Click Print after configuring all the required fields.
How to copy in 123 HP Envy 5661 Printer with Easy Steps
- Track the instructions given below to copy the documents that you need.
- You are instructed to keep the plain unused paper in the input tray, if you have not done it already.
- Ratify that your 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer is powered on before you commence to copy.
- The scanner lid should now be raised.
- The original documents whose copy is to be obtained should be mounted on the scanner glass with the printed side positioned down and based on the inscribed guides present around the glass.
- The scanner lid should be pulled down and tap Start Copy Black icon or the Start Copy Color icon on your printer’s control panel to start the print job.
HP Envy 5661 Wireless setup for Windows
The desired document can be printed with ease. Printing can be done from anywhere at any time within the wink of an eye. The printer should be setup on the wireless network when instructed.
Step 1: Be ready with necessities for installation
Gather the following items before you connect your printer to the wireless network such as, network name and password, power up your 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer, router and the system.
- The system and the computer should be connected to the same wireless network.
- Power up the router and the computer, then keep the printer and the corresponding system nearer to each other.
- Detach all the USB cables that you used to connect the 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer.
Step 2: Link your printer to the HP Envy 5661 wireless setup network
Linking the printer to the wireless network lets the HP installer find your printer at the time of installation.
- Access the dashboard from the printer’s control panel and then tap the Wireless icon.
- Tap the Setup button.
- Tap Wireless Setting, and then tap HP Envy 5661 wireless setup Wizard.
- Pick out your printer’s name from the filtered result, and then click Ok.
- If the list does not contain your network name, tap Enter New Network Name, and then track the instructions to include the network name.
- If guided, enter your WEP or WPA key, and then press Done.
Step 3: Download and install your HP Envy 5661 driver
Download and run the updated version of the printer full feature software from our website. At the time of installation, if the Auto Wireless Connect screen prompts, go with that option.
- Pick out the HP Envy 5661 printer from the list.
- Type your respective printer model number, and then tap Begin.
- Go with the Download option, tap the Open, Save or Run option and then make an attempt to download the driver on your system.
The setup file of the driver will be saved onto the Downloads folder of your computer.
- Double- tap the printer driver file to start the driver installation.
- Track the instructions to finish the connection setup and the printer driver installation.
If you encounter the 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer issues yet again, reach us and utilize the instant solution from our technical support.
HP Envy 5661 Wireless setup for Mac device
Avail an instant print even when you are not near the Mac device. The 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer should be connected to the wireless network, download and install the appropriate the HP Envy 5661 driver and software from our website.
Step 1: Prepare for installation
Be prepared with the network name and password, when you are configuring the printer on the wireless network.
- Gather the corresponding network name and network password.
- Link your printer and the computer to the similar wireless network.
- The system and the router should be powered on.
- Keep the router and the computer to a nearer range.
Step 2: Append your 123.hp.com/setup 5661 printer to the wireless network
The printer should be appended to your network with the Wireless Setup Wizard so that your HP installer can find the printer at the time of installation.
- Go to your printer’s control panel, slide down to get access to the Dashboard and then click the Wireless icon.
- Press the Setup button.
- Go to Wireless settings, and then go with Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Go ahead with the rest of the instructions after choosing the network name and then, tap OK.
- In case your network name is not listed, go to the Enter New Network Name field, and then type the network name.
- If needed, type the WEP or WPA key, and then go with the Done option.
Step 3: Download and setup the appropriate HP Envy 5661 driver
The upgraded 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer driver should be downloaded from our website. If an Auto Wireless Connect screen gets screened at the time of installation, follow the HP Envy 5661 wireless setup instructions.
- The 123.hp.com/setup 5661 printer should be powered up.
- The USB cable should be detached from the system.
- Choose your printer name from the sorted results and then read the instructions to move to the download page.
- Go with the Download option located next to the HP Easy Start to download the full feature printer driver.
- Go to the Mac dock, access the downloads folder and then proceed with HP Easy Start file or full feature HP Envy 5661 driver .dmg file to commence the installation.
- Track the instructions to establish the printer connection and then install the printer driver.
- When admonished by the installer, tap the Add Printer option to create the print queue on the Mac computer.
- Make an attempt to choose your 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer, tap the Use or Print Using menu and choose the printer name from the pop- up menu, and then click Add.
- Revert to the HP installer to complete the installation process.
HP Envy 5661 Driver Installation – Windows:
After getting downloaded, the upgraded printer driver gets stored in the Downloads folder. Open it and install from the Downloads folder.
Step 1: Download the updated appropriate printer driver for Windows
Depending on the 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer model and the operating system versions of your computers, a full feature printer driver download or the HP Easy Start guided installation app is present on the download page.
- Follow the instructions to download and update the printer driver from our website.
- After downloading the printer driver, move to the installation step in this document.
- If the HP Easy Start app is activated but fails to download the HP Envy 5661 Driver, ratify that the computer is linked to an active Internet connection. Make an attempt to download again.
- If you can’t detect your 123.hp.com/setup 5661 printer model from the website or if the website is inaccessible, move to the step on downloading the HP printer driver in this document.
- Visit our website to utilize updated Software and Driver Downloads.
- Include your printer model, if required, and then check whether the operating system is correct.
- Tap Download, which you can get below Driver printer Installation software.
By doing so, you’re 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer driver gets saved in the browser’s download folder.
Step 2: Install the suitable print HP Envy 5661 Driver
The printer driver which is downloaded gets saved in Download folder. When you are admonished, proceed with the instructions after choosing the connection type. This should be done at the time of installation. The connection type can be set either as USB, Wired, or Wireless, based on the 123.hp.com/setup 5661 printer model and the connection which you have chosen.
Open the download folder, and the HP Easy Start file or the full feature printer driver. exe to start the installation process.
- Here are the instructions which you can use to connect your 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer.
- The Add Printer option should be chosen to build a print queue, when guided.
- The Add window gets screened.
- Pick out your printer name from the list, go with Use or Print using menu, proceed with your printer name in the drop- down list and then click on the Add option.
- Get back to the HP installer to finish the installation process.
Revert to our technical support team, if you face any printer related HP Envy 5661 Troubleshooting issues.
HP Envy 5661 Driver Installation – Mac device:
Avail easy instructions here to install the Driver on your Mac computers.
Step 1: Make an attempt to download the upgraded version of the printer driver
You can avail the full feature printer driver or download the HP Easy Start guided installation app on the download page according to the printer model you are using and the operating system of the Mac computer. To avail the best functionality, you should download and install the latest printer driver.
- The directions provided here let you download the updated version of the printer driver from our website.
- If you have successfully downloaded the printer driver, track the instructions and let your 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer install the printer driver.
- In case HP Easy Start is enabled but the download gets failed, ratify whether the printer is connected to a proper internet connection.
- If you can’t find your printer name from the list, follow the steps that let you download the related 123.HP.Com Envy5661 printer driver from our website.
- Arrive at our website and click the Software and Driver Downloads option.
- Make your 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer model registered, if required, and then check whether the operating system is correctly chosen.
- Proceed with the Download option, which is shown below the Driver- Printer Installation Software, and then follow the guidelines given.
The printer driver is downloaded and is stored in the Downloads destination.
Step 2: Installing the HP Envy 5661 Driver which is downloaded
To install the downloaded printer driver, go to the folder where it is saved, click it and run it. If prompted, you are supposed to select the connection type during the installation process. You can choose the type either as USB, Wired or HP Envy 5661 wireless setup depending on the printer model, and then the connection preference to finish the installation process.
- Once you have accessed the download folder, start the installation process by tapping the HP easy Start file or the full feature HP Envy 5661 Driver .dmg folder.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to initiate the connection on your 123.hp.com/envy5661 printer and then the driver gets installed.
- You are supposed to choose the Add Printer option in order to create the print queue on the device.
- The Add window gets screened.
- Choose your printer name from the list, proceed with the Use or Print Using option, pick out your 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer from the list and then click Add.
- Move back to the HP installer to successfully complete the installation process.
Paper Mismatch Error- HP Envy 5661 Troubleshooting
You might receive any one of the below-stated HP Envy 5661 Troubleshooting error messages on the printer’s control panel while printing envelopes or different paper sizes.
- Paper Mismatch.
- Paper Size Mismatch.
Step1: Modify the paper settings
The paper size should be appropriate before you proceed to print. Choose the File, click Print from the program which you desire.
- Make sure that your printer is displayed in the Name or Printer’s drop- down list, and then proceed with Properties, Print Properties or Preferences.
- Select Paper or Quality or Advanced (optional) and then choose the Paper Size.
- Choose the respective Paper size and click OK once it is done.
- If you can’t find the appropriate size, choose the size from the list closest to the paper placed in the tray.
- Click OK and try to print. If the same HP Envy 5661 Troubleshooting issue is encountered, follow the rest of the steps in this manual.
Step2: Inspect the paper source settings
The paper which is fed into the paper tray should be withdrawn and replaced.
Inspect the paper source settings.
- All the papers present inside the input tray should be withdrawn.
- Substitute all the papers, change the paper width guides in order to place them smoothly against the edge of the paper stack.
- Go to the document which you plan to print, open File and proceed with the Print option.
- You will be instructed to choose the Paper or Quality option, and then select Paper Source to choose the correct tray.
- Tap on the Ok option, and then make an attempt to print the sample document.
Step3: Reconfigure the printer settings
Go through the instructions and learn how to reconfigure the printer settings.
- The Printer should be kept on.
- Pause until your printer is inactive and mute before you start. When the printer is turned on, the power cord should be detached from the printer.
- The power cord should now be removed from the wall outlet and should be paused for 60 seconds.
- The power cord should be re- attached into the wall outlet.
- The power cord should be linked to the printer.
- Power up your 123 HP Setup Envy 5661 printer, if it is not self-booted.
- Pause until the warm up period terminates and printer is hushed before you continue.