The HP DeskJet 2135 makes everyday printing, scanning, and copy hassle free. It offers a compact design that lets you save space. It can print quality photos and documents. It is Energy Star certified and help you conserve energy without sacrificing performance.
- It can print, copy, scan. It offers a print speed of up to 7.5 ppm for black and 5.5 ppm for color by ISO standards.
- It offers a print speed of up to 20 ppm for black and 16 ppm for color in draft mode.
- It has a maximum monthly duty cycle of 1000 pages and a recommended monthly page volume of 50 to 200 pages.
- It uses HP Thermal Inkjet technology. It operates with 2 ink cartridges. It offers 1 hi-speed USB 2.0 connectivity.
- It offers an input tray with a 60 sheet capacity and an output tray of 25 sheets.
- It supports A4, B5, A6 and DL envelope size media. It supports plain paper, photo paper and brochure paper type media.
Unboxing 123 HP Setup 2135
Unboxing the printer
- Take out the printer from the box, and then take out all the tapes and shipping restraints from the interior and the exterior of the printer.
- Connect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then fix the other end of the power cord into an wall outlet. Push the power button to the back of the printer.
- Draw out the ink cartridge access door to open it. The carriage shifts to the middle of the printer. Unpack the new cartridges and install them in the printer.
- Shut the cartridge access door. Place paper in the input tray and align the ink cartridges.
- Download and install the full feature printer driver and software to complete the set up.
If you have any further queries, speak to our technical support team on the toll-free number.
How to print
You can use your DeskJet 2135 to print documents. Use the instructions below to print documents from the software you created the document in.
- Prior to printing, alter the document to modify text font and size, alter layout options and modify any other visual settings.
- In the software you created the document in, choose File or the menu icon, then choose Print to open general print settings.
- To access more layout, quality, and advanced print settings, choose Printer Properties, or Preferences. The Document Properties or Printing Preferences windows appears.
- You can change settings such as orientation, paper source, paper type, paper size, quality and color.
- Choose OK, then select Print.
- Prior to printing, edit the document to alter text and font, select layout options and to alter any other visual settings.
- From the software you created the document, choose File, then choose Print. The printer setting window appears. If you do not see the following menus in the windows, choose Show Details.
- Choose DeskJet 2135 from the printer menu. From the presets menu, choose an option that matches your print job or paper type.
- Choose the unlabeled menu in the middle of the window to select different setting types, then alter any of available settings.
- The print settings might differ depending upon the printer model and the software you are printing from.
- You can change paper type and size, paper tray or source, quality and color settings. Select Print.
How to scan
Scanning lets you store a digital version of a physical document or photo. It is a useful feature to store digital forms of documents and photos that were not created digitally or available digitally.
- Download and install the full feature printer driver and software that includes HP scan. This ensures that you are able to use all the features of the printer.
- Search Windows for ‘HP’, choose HP DeskJet 2135 to Open HP Printer Assistant, and then choose Scan a Document or Photo to open HP Scan.
- Choose a shortcut that stores the file in a format you wish to print and completes the action you require and choose Scan.
- If you wish to scan multiple pages or photos from the scanner glass, Open HP Scan and choose Save as PDF or Document to file shortcut.
- Place the page or photo on the glass and press the plus button in the HP Scan preview window to scan the subsequent item.
- Once you scanned all pages or items, verify that PDF is selected in the save as Type menu, alter the file name and the folder you wish to scan to, and then choose Scan.
- Download and install the full feature printer driver and software for your Mac that includes HP Easy Scan.
- Open HP Easy Scan, and then choose DeskJet 2135 from the Scanner drop down menu. Choose a scan job type from the Presets menu, and then choose Scan.
- Choose the thumbnail version of the scanned file in the left panel, and then click Edit to modify or alter the scan.
- Choose Send in the bottom right corner of the window, and then choose Folder.
- In the window that appears, confirm the file name and the location, and then choose Save.
- If you wish to scan multi-page documents or photos, place the subsequent page or photo and then choose Scan next item or Add in HP Easy Scan.
- Once you scanned all pages or item, choose Send, and then choose Folder. Choose PDF in the Format menu. Choose the Where menu, and then choose a folder to store the scan to.
- Choose the check box next to Save all items to a single file. Choose Save.
Troubleshooting is the process of using a standard procedure to rectify errors. It is a structured way of resolving errors which might be caused due to multiple reasons.
If your printer delivers prints at a speed lower than expected or does not meet the speeds given in the printer specifications, use the instructions below to rectify the issue.
- Once the printer is powered up and is quiet and inactive, detach the power cord from the rear of the printer. Detach the power cord from the electricity outlet.
- After one minute, reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet and the printer. Switch on the printer, if it does not turn on by itself.
- After the warm up period finishes and the printer turns quiet and inactive, attempt printing if the issue persists, move on to the next step.
- Open Devices and Printer, Double-click the icon for DeskJet 2135. Double-click Set Preferences. Locate the paper type information.
- In the Paper type region, make sure Plain Paper is chosen. In the Quality Setting area, ensure that Draft or Normal is selected. Choose OK or Apply to approve the changes.
- Exit the changes, shut the HP printer driver window, and then shut the Devices and Printers window. Attempt to print again.
- Other methods for resolving the slow printing issue include installing and reinstalling the printer driver, updating the printer firmware and checking the network status.
Paper Mismatch Error
When you place a different paper size and try to print on another paper size, you will receive a paper mismatch error. Use the instructions below to rectify the error.
- From the application your are printing from, choose File, and then Choose Print.
- Ensure that your printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list box, and then choose Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences.
- Choose the Paper/Quality tab. Choose Advanced, if required, and then choose Paper Size.
- Choose the paper size that matches the size and type of paper placed in the printer tray or the one closest to it, and then choose OK.
- Select OK, and then attempt to print.
- From the application you wish to print from, choose File, and then choose Print.
- Choose your printer from the Printer drop-down list. Choose Paper Size. Pick the paper size that matches the dimensions and type of paper placed in the printer tray, and then choose OK.
- If you are unable to find an exact match to your paper size, pick the one closest to it from the list, and then choose OK. Attempt to Print.