123.hp.com dj2131 PRINTER SETUP
It is all set to print and scan your required documents and photos. Setup and maintain the printer easily. It is one such printer that is suitable to perform all home and home office purposes.
- We prefer the printer which provides good vibrant colored documents and printouts.
- This attracts its customers with its features and performance.
- It is easy to setup and install.
- It is easy to fit even on table.
- You can get high quality prints within your budget.
- The print speed of this printer is high and it can finish your print job within unimaginable time.
- It is capable of printing at the maximum of 1000 pages in a month.
How to print, copy, scan
How to print
Printing using the HP Deskjet 2131 printer is easy. All you have to do is to choose the document or photo where you have saved. Change the settings of your choice and get the printouts on your hand.
- Access the file you wish to print, tap on file, and then print.
- Pick out your printer name and choose Printer Properties, Preferences, or Printer Setup.
- Modify the layout and paper settings of your printer. You can set the options like Orientation, paper tray, type, size. Set the quality for the assigned print job.
- You can also set the shortcut, if needed.
How to scan
Keep the document to be scanned on the ADF or scanner glass, follow the prompts and finish scanning. If your printer supports scan to email, you can send the scan to required email account.
- Keep the document or photo to be scanned under the scanner lid. Align the document or photo liable to the guides on the edge of the pane. Subsequently, close the scanner lid and click on the scan button.
- Choose a shortcut that suits your requirements. To save multi-page documents or multiple photos to a single PDF file, click on the Save as PDF or Document to File option.
- After every page or photo, tap on the plus button and then choose save after all pages or photos are scanned.
- Affirm that PDF is selected in the Save as type menu. Modify the file name and the folder you want to store the scan to, and then choose the Save option.
How to copy
Using the copy function on your printer, you can get many copies of the required documents and photos. The quality of the copies out of the printer is same as the print quality.
- Keep the document or photo on the scanner glass. Align the document or photo liable to the guides on the edge of the pane.
Subsequently, shut the scanner lid.
- Click on the copy icon on the printer. Affirm that the scanner glass is clean before placing the paper. Make use of a soft, lint-free cloth sprinkled with glass cleaner. Affirm that there are fingerprints, no smudges, dust or pieces of paper on the scanner glass.
The driver for your printer is available with us. Get the recent version of the driver if you want your printer to work well. Before you choose the driver, check the compatibility.
- Click on the link provided on the website.
- When prompted to open, save or run the file. Tap on Save.
- to choose the connection type.
The setup file starts to download. The downloaded file will be in the .exe format as you download it on your Windows computer.
Run the file and trail the on-screen instruction to complete the installation. At the end of the installation process, you are prompted
- Tap on the link provided on your website. The file format will be .dmg.
- When instructed to open, save or run the file select Save. By that time, the installer in the browser’s Downloads bar or the computer’s Download’s folder.
- Run the file and trail the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Once the download gets completed, add the printer to the printer queue, and start printing your desired documents.
Refill the ink cartridges
This is an alternative option for the user who doesn’t want to buy a new ink cartridge. Refilling is easy provided you follow the instructions provided by us.
- Power off the printer, if it is not already switched on. Pull out the cartridge access door and wait until the carriage shifts to the center of the printer.
- Remove the dried or empty cartridge from the printer.
- Now use a 1 ml disposable syringe to fill the ink into the cartridge.
- You can find a black spot in the white sticker covering the top-cover of the cartridge through which you can refill the ink.
Affirm that you do not touch the contacts of the cartridge.
- Refill the ink slowly in order to avoid air bubbles inside the cartridge.
- If any stain is present, wipe it using a small cloth or cotton. Do not overfill the ink cartridge to avoid the ink cartridge issue at later times.
- Once you refill the cartridge, keep it undistributed for a few hours in order to make it set thoroughly.
- Then install the ink cartridge as how you did before. Take a rest print to check if the ink cartridge is installed correctly.
When your printer doesnot respond to the assigned print job, it could have undergone printer issue. Check and know what is the cause and how it can be resolved. To do this, our guidelines will help you for sure.
How to rectify printer issues using HP Print and Scan Doctor
It is one of the diagnosing tools using which you can resolve the printer issues like network connection issue, printer offline, printer not found, and more. It is meant for Windows users. Just install it on your device and follow the prompts to fix the issue.
- Use the prompts and download it on your Windows computer.
- This diagnosing tool helps you fix network issues. Check the below instructions and know how to use this tool.
- Once the download is completed, click on Start and then choose My product is not listed.
- Subsequently, click on retry. Now choose the printer and click on Next. Based on the issues, trail the instructions.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor, you can resolve both scan and print related issues.
Not printing error
The printer stops functioning due to many reasons. It can be either lost network connection, improper installation of ink cartridge, or paper jam error. Find and fix the issue to proceed with the print job.
- If the printer is installed with an ingenuine ink cartridge, the printer does not print and shows an error message.
- It could also occur if the installed ink cartridge is not properly placed. So take out the installed ink cartridge and place it again.
- It is good to estimate the level of ink cartridge before install it. This is to reduce the issue raised due to low ink level of the cartridge.
- If any of the ink cartridge level is found to be below normal, you can replace the ink cartridge with a new one.
- Maintain the ink cartridge clean if you don’t want your printer to stop functioning.
- For cleaning purpose, you can make use of lint- free cloth that is dipped in distilled water.
- You can also make use of any automated tools to clean the ink cartridge.
Windows and Mac