HP DESKJET 2548 SETUP
The DeskJet 2548 is an inkJet color printer from HP. It has a maximum monthly duty cycle of 1000 pages. It supports HP Auto Wireless Connect, wireless direct printing, AirPrint ready, Mobile Printing and features HP Auto-on/Auto-Off Technology. It comes with a 7 segment LCD display with icons. HP recommends a monthly volume of 300-400 pages.
- The DeskJet 2548 operates with two cartridges.
- It offers a maximum copying speed of 4.5 ppm (mono) and 3 ppm (color).
- It offers a maximum copying resolution up to 600 X 300 dpi (mono) and up to 600 X 300 dpi (color).
- It has a maximum printing speed of 20 ppm (mono) and 16 ppm (color).
- The DeskJet 2548 is AirPrint enabled.
- It offers an input tray capacity of 60 sheets (Legal size) and output tray capacity of 25 sheets.
- It supports cards, envelopes, greeting cards, labels, photo papers, and plain paper media.
- The printer’s scanner offers an optical Resolution of 1200 X 1200 dpi.
- Good photo prints
- Affordable price
- Mobile printing
- Acceptable text printing
- No color screen
- No borderless printing
- No auto duplex
- No internal paper tray
HP Deskjet 2548 printer is an energy star certified printer. It provides Print, Copy and Scan features with an affordable price. It includes wireless printing.
123.HP.Com dj2548 Printer setup
Prior to setting up the printer you will have to unbox the printer and connect it to a power source. Remove all shipping restraints and packing material from the interior and exterior of the printer. Connect the printer to a power source through a power cord. Switch on the printer and follow the instructions listed below:
- Lift the input tray. Lower the output tray. Draw out the tray extender. Insert a stack of sheets in the input tray. Move the stack into the tray until it halts. Glide the paper width guide inward until it halts against the edge of the paper.
- Draw out the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the middle of the printer. Once the printer is quiet and inactive, proceed further.
- Unpack the new cartridge and then peel the orange tab to take out the plastic tape, and then insert the cartridge into its designated slot.
- Force the cartridge inward into its slot until it clicks into position. Repeat this procedure to install the other cartridge. Shut the cartridge access door. Put the alignment page with the print side facing down in the right-front corner of the scanner glass, then push the Start Copy Black button to align the cartridges.
If you face any issues or queries, ring us on our toll-free 1-888-249-8496, our tech experts are here to help you to resolve your problems.
USB Printer Setup for HP Deskjet 2548
Prior to setting up a USB cable connection from your printer to the computer, make sure that your printer is switched on and is in a ready state, gather a USB cable shorter than 3 meters in length. You will need a free USB port on your computer.
USB Windows Setup
- If you have connected the computer via a USB cable to the printer prior to installing the driver, skip to step 2 .Open Devices and Printers, right-click the icon for DeskJet 2548 and choose Remove device. If many icons are shown for the printer, remove them all. Exit Devices and Printers window, and continue to the next step.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer. Connect the cable only when prompted. Download and run the full feature software and printer for you HP DeskJet 2548 from us. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. When required by the installer to select a printer connection mode, pick USB to continue with and finish the setup.
USB Mac Setup
- Disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer. Connect the cable only when asked to do so during the installation process. Download and install the full feature printer driver and software for your HP DeskJet 2548 from us. When asked to choose a printer connection mode, choose USB. To access the full functionality of your printer’s scanner, make sure to install the printer and driver package that includes HP Scan or Easy Scan.
- If you are asked to add the printer to the printer queue, choose DeskJet 2548, choose the Use or Print Using menu, choose DeskJet 2548 in the pop-up menu and then choose Add. Go back to the HP installer to finish the installation. Attempt to print, scan or fax, based on your printer’s capability.
Installing the full feature printer and driver for your HP DeskJet 2548 ensures you get the best out it. The driver acts as a translator/interpreter between the operating system and the hardware.
- Download and Install the full feature printer driver and software for your HP DeskJet 2548 compatible with windows from us. Your file will be in .exe format. You will be asked to Run, Open or Save the file.
- Choosing Run or Open will launch the installer immediately. Choose Save. Your download will begin immediately. You can view the progress of the download and the estimated time left for the download to complete in the Downloads bar of your browser.
- Once the download is compete, launch the installer from the Downloads folder of your computer or the Downloads bar of your browser. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. If asked, connect the printer to the computer.
- The full feature printer driver and software for DeskJet 2548 compatible with Mac is available for download from us. Your file will download in .dmg format. You will be asked to Run, Open or Save the file. Choose Save.
- Once the download finishes, launch the installer from the Downloads folder of your computer or the Downloads bar of your browser. Follow the on-screen instructions to compete the installation.
- If required, to add the printer to the printer queue, Select DeskJet 2548, choose the Use or Print Using menu, choose DeskJet 2548 in the pop-up menu, and then choose Add. Go back to the HP installer to finish the installation. Attempt to print, copy or scan, according to your printer’s capability.
Wireless connection lets you connect to your printer without the hassle of using a physical cable. Follow the instructions listed below to connect your printer to your computer wirelessly.
Wireless printer setup for Windows device
- Install the full feature printer driver and software for your DeskJet 2548. With the printer switched on, if the wireless light is blinking, skip to the step 3 to continue installing the software. Push and hold the printer power button. While pressing down the power button, push the Start Copy Black button two times, then push the cancel button three times.
- Let go of the bower button. The Wireless light near the wireless button must blink. Repeat the procedure if the wireless indicator light does not blink. Immediately proceed to the next step to install the software. HP recommends to complete the software setup within 20 minutes.
- Go back to the HP installation screen on the computer, choose Continue. Follow the on-screen instructions until a Connections Options screen appears. Ensure the power button light is bleak (in power save mode), push it once until it turns bright.
- On the connections screen, choose Wireless-make a wireless connection to the printer, then choose Next. Once the installation is over, you will be shown on of the following screens:
- HP Auto Wireless Connect: Network check collects your network information by itself. Choose Yes, then choose Next.
- Wireless Setup using a USB connection: Network check could not gather your network settings. Fix a USB cable from your computer to the printer and choose Next. The USB connection is only and you are required to disconnect the USB cable after the setup finishes.
- Follow the om-screen prompts until an Activate window appears. Your printer is set up and you can print or scan. Shut the close button. If you wish to proceed online to register for an HP Connected account, choose Continue Online.
Wireless printer setup for Mac device
- Collect the Network name and Network password and a USB cable. Ensure the router and computer are switched on, and that the computer and printer are connected to the same network. Switch on the printer. Keep the printer and the computer in proximity to the router.
- Switch on the printer. If your printer is fixed to the computer with a USB cable, detach the cable from the computer. Download and install the printer and software.
- If you are required to add the printer to the printer queue, choose the HP DeskJet 2548, choose the Use or Print Using menu, choose DeskJet 2548 in the pop-up menu, and then choose Add. Go back to the HP installer to complete the installation.
Printing on both sides of the paper
Prior to starting your print on both sides of the paper print job, load enough paper into the input tray to complete the print job without exceeding the maximum capacity.
- From your computer, open the document to print, push Ctrl + P on your key board or choose File and then print to open the Print Dialog box.
- Choose DeskJet 2548 from the drop down menu or selection screen, and then choose Printer Properties, Preferences, or Printer Setup.
- Choose the Printing Shortcut or Finish tab. Choose either Two-sided Printing or Print on both sides. From the Print on Both Sides or Two-sided Printing menu or option, choose your desired binding or page flip option.
- Choose Flip on Long Edge or Short Edge according to your needs. Select OK and then choose Print.
- After all pages print, take the out the print and tap the stack on a flat surface to arrange it.
- Flip the pages over that the printed side face back and load the paper in to the input tray. Go back to your printer and click to continue the print job.
- On your Mac, open the document to print and press Command and P on your keyboard. Choose the Printer drop-down menu, and choose your printer.
- If no settings are shown in the print dialog box, choose Show Details. Choose the drop-down menu in the print dialog box, and then choose Paper handling.
- Choose the pages to print from Print drop-down menu and choose Odd only. Choose the page order drop-down menu and choose Automatic in the page order menu. Choose Print.
- Print the other side by placing the print side facing down and the top edge down for booklet reading and top edge up for tablet reading.
- Go back to the Print menu, and then choose Even Only from the Pages to Print menu. Choose Automatic from the Page Order menu. Choose Print.
Google Cloud Print
Google cloud print service enables you to print files securely from any network connected device to your DeskJet 2548. There is no requirement for drivers or software to use Google Cloud Print.
- Switch on your printer and ensure that your computer and printer are connected to the same network. Open chrome. In the address bar, enter chrome://devices, and then push Enter.
- If your printer is listed beneath New devices, choose Register, and then choose Register again to approve and print a confirmation. If your printer is listed, then it indicates that it is already registered.
- Choose Manage to view your Google Cloud Print Printers. If it is not listed, ensure that the printer is connected to the network. After approving the registration, a confirmation page prints. You are now ready to print with Google Cloud Print.
Printer will not print after windows 10 upgrade
In case you are unable to print after upgrading to Windows 10 or the latest version of Windows 10, try the instructions below:
When you upgrade to Windows 10, the Windows Update on your system will automatically upgrade all the drivers installed on your system to Windows 10 compatibility.
- Choose the Start button, and then navigate to Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners > Related settings > Devices and printers.
- Scroll down the list of Devices to see if your DeskJet 2548 if your printer name and icon is visible in the unspecified section. Follow one of the methods listed below to rectify the problem.
- Make sure the power cord is properly fixed and connected. If your are printing through a network make sure that the router is switched on.
- If your printed is connected to a power source via a surge protector, then make sure that the surge protector is connected to an electricity outlet.
- Uninstall and reinstall your printer driver and software. Update your driver by accessing your printer from the Device and Managers. Choose Search automatically update driver software to update your printer software.
Scan with HP Solution Center Software
- Open HP Solutions in Windows. Select Scan Document or Scan Picture to see available scan shortcut and configuration.
- Choose one of the shortcuts that fulfills your requirement and stores the file in your desired format.
- Select Scan. The printer scans the document or photo and a scan preview window pops open on the computer.
- Select the scanned item to further modify it, and then choose Finish to store the scanned file.
- To see your scan, go to the folder you saved the scan to, and then double-click the file.
Slow Printing (Windows)
Slow printing can be resolved by resetting the printer and checking if plain paper and Draft or Normal settings are selected in the driver setting among other methods.
- To reset the printer, wait till the printer is quiet and inactive. With the printer powered up, detach the power cord from the back of the printer. Detach the power cord from the electricity outlet.
- After one minute, reconnect all cords to their respective positions. Switch on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. Once the warm-up period finishes and your printer is quiet and inactive proceed further. Attempt to print.
- Check the printer driver settings. If you are using certain types of paper or printing in Best quality, it can slow down printing. Go to Devices and printers, Double-Click the icon for DeskJet 2548 and Double-click preferences.
- Confirm that Plain Paper is chosen in the Paper Type are and Draft or Normal is selected in the Quality Settings. Select OK or Apply to approve the changes, exit the HP printer driver window, and then exit the devices and Printer window.