HP DESKJET 2652 PRINTER SETUP
The HP Deskjet 2652 is an affordable all-in-one printer. It removes the complications of your everyday printing needs.You can easily print from your mobile device with this printer. You can also easily print from a variety of smartphones and tablets. You can easily manage printing tasks and scan on the go with the printer remote app. It prints documents with high quality. It can wirelessly print, copy, and scan.
- The HP Deskjet 2652 printer is capable of printing up to 7.5 ppm for black and up to 5.5 ppm for color documents.
- It can scan at a resolution of up to 1200 x 1200 dpi hardware and up to 1200 dpi optical.
- It can scan at a resolution of up to 600 x 300 dpi black. Its page volume is 50 to 100.
- It supports built-in Wifi and AirPrint.
- The HP DeskJet 2652 printer supports Hi-Speed USB 2.0.
- The operating system supported by this printer is MS Windows Server 2008 R2, MS Windows Vista (32/64 bits), MS Windows 7 (32/64 bits), Apple Mac OS X 10.10, MS Windows XP 32-bit Edition SP3 or later, Windows 8 (32/64-bits), Windows 8.1 (32/64-bits), Windows 10 (32/64-bits), Apple Mac OS X 10.11, and macOS 10.12.
FIRST TIME PRINTER SETUP
After taking out the printer from the cardboard box, follow the guided instructions below to set control panel preferences, load paper into the tray, install ink cartridges and install the printer software.
Step 1: Check the contents of the box
- Check if all the items that are listed are shipped along with the printer. Sometimes the contents might vary by region or country.
Step 2: Unpack the printer
- Take out the printer and then remove all the packing materials, tapes and stickers which are stuck on it.
- After removing all the packing materials, keep them aside for recycling.
Step 3: Connecting the printer
- Connect the power cord to the printer and the wall outlet and then turn on the printer.
- Set the control panel preferences and then finally click “Yes” and confirm your choice.
Step 4: Loading paper into the input tray
- Pull the input tray and slide out the paper guides.
- Then load sufficient amount of plain paper into the input tray with the print side facing down and then push the input tray.
Step 5: Install the cartridges
- Open the ink cartridge access door and then take out the new ink cartridge from its package and insert it into its slot correctly.
- After installing the ink cartridges, close the ink cartridge access door.
Step 6: Align the ink cartridges
- Place the alignment page on the right-front corner of the scanner glass and close the scanner lid.
- Press the “Start Copy Black” or “Start Copy Color” button on the printer’s control panel and the printer aligns the cartridges.
Step 7: Installing the HP printer software
- Finally, you have to download and install the printer software. You can download and install the latest printer software from our website.
HP Printer Driver Installation
You can download the driver for your HP DeskJet 2652 printer either through the self-guided software downloaded from our website or with the help of the printer installation CD provided with the printer in the package.
Run the Setup file from the website
- Go to our website and click the available link to download the full feature printer driver that supports your printer model.
- Enter your printer model name and then you have to choose your corresponding operating system if it prompts to select. Then click the “Download” button next to the full feature driver, and the driver starts downloading immediately.
- In the browser’s download bar or on the computer’s download folder, double-click the setup file to run it. Then follow the instructions that are displayed on the computer screen to complete the printer software installation.
- Restart your computer and printer, once the printer software installation is completed.
Run the Setup file from the disc
- Turn on the computer and remove the USB cable. Then take the CD that shipped with your printer, and insert it into the CD drive of your computer.
- It will immediately trigger or prompt you to start the “Installation Wizard” process and when you start it, a list of instruction appears on the screen.
- You have to follow the instructions accordingly as they are guided and during the installation process, if it prompts to connect the USB cable, connect it to the computer and the printer.
- After connecting the USB cable it will recognize your printer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation process.
USB Printer Setup
The complete USB printer setup procedure for both the Windows and Mac is described below in a detailed manner with step by step procedure. Follow the steps and complete the USB setup for your printer.
STEP 1: BEFORE PRINTER SETUP
- Check if the printer is turned on and is in a ready state.
- Check if any printer USB cable is connected to the computer.
- If connected, then remove it and connect it back only when it prompts.
- Search Windows for ‘devices’, click “Devices and Printers”, and then right-click your printer model icon. Then click “Remove device”, after removing all the existing icons, close the Devices and Printers window.
STEP 2: INSTALL THE PRINTER DRIVER AND SETUP THE USB CONNECTION
- Click the displayed link and you will be directed to the driver download page on our website.
- Select your printer model and choose the best driver for your printer and then click “Download”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download your driver and the “HP Easy Start” downloads based on your printer model.
- If prompted, select “USB” as connection type and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
STEP 1: BEFORE PRINTER SETUP
- Turn on the printer and check if the printer is in a ready state.
- Make sure the USB cable is not connected to the printer and the computer. If connected then remove it immediately and do not connect until prompted.
STEP 2: INSTALL THE PRINTER DRIVER AND SETUP THE USB CONNECTION
- Click the provided link on the page. You will be directed to the page where the driver is available. Select your printer model name and then click “Download”.
- The driver starts downloading and the “HP Easy Start” downloads based on the printer model and OS.
- Select the connection type as “USB” and when the “Install” screen displays, select the “HP Scan” or “HP Easy Scan” option and follow the on-screen instructions to setup and install your printer.
The duplex printing procedure for both Mac and Windows is described below in detail. Follow the steps as they are instructed to print the page on both sides for Windows and Mac.
STEP 1: PRINT THE FIRST PAGE OF THE PAPER
- Place paper into the paper tray and open the document which you need to print and click File -> Print. Click Show Details. In the Printer menu, select your printer and select Paper Handling.
- Select automatic or reverse and click “Print”.
STEP 2: PRINT THE SECOND PAGE OF THE PAPER
Rear loading paper input tray
- Take out the printed paper from the output tray and place it in the input tray.
- Under Print menu, select Even Only -> Automatic and then click Print.
Front loading paper input tray
- Remove the paper from the output tray. Then place it in the input tray and under Print menu, choose Even Only -> Reverse and then select “Print”.
PRINT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE PAPER
- Load enough paper into the paper tray and then open the document to print.
- Click “File”, click “Print” and select your printer, and then choose Printers Properties, Preferences or Printer Setup.
- On Printer Properties window, click Print on Both Sides or Two-sided (Duplex) Printing option and click “OK”, and then click “Print”.
Now remove the printed page from the output tray and load it correctly into the input tray and click “Continue” to print the other side of the page.
PRINTING WITH BLACK INK ONLY
The documents can be printed in black for both Mac and Windows by adjusting the print settings. To print the documents only in black ink for Windows and Mac, follow the steps that are given below accordingly.
PRINTING WITH BLACK INK ONLY – WINDOWS
PRINT ONLY BLACK FOR ONE PRINT JOB
- Open the HP printing software, click “Print” and then select your printer. When the “Printer Properties dialog” box opens, click the printing options.
- Click Page/Quality in the Properties window and click the Black & White button or click Advanced -> Print in Grayscale and then select “Black Ink Only”.
- Adjust the quality setting and then click OK -> Print.
PRINT WITH ONLY BLACK FOR ALL THE PRINT JOBS ASSIGNED:
- Open the HP printing software, tap “Print”. Select your printer and the Printer Properties dialog box appears.
- Tap the printing options and tap Page/Quality in the Properties window. Then tap “Black & White” or tap Advanced -> Print in Grayscale -> Black Ink Only.
- Change the quality settings and then click the “Ok” option to confirm the changes.
PRINTING WITH BLACK INK ONLY – MAC
PRINT ONLY BLACK FOR ONE PRINT JOB:
- Open the document and click File -> Print. Select your printer and click “Show Details”.
- In Paper Type/Quality window, click Color options -> Grayscale. Under Grayscale Mode,
- select Black Ink Only. If you need gray shades for your document then select “Grayscale” and change the quality setting if required and click “Print”.
PRINT ONLY BLACK FOR ALL THE PRINT JOB ASSIGNED:
- Open the document, select File -> Print and select your printer and then click Show Details.
- Click Color Options in Paper Type/Quality window. Select Grayscale -> Black Ink Only. Adjust the quality settings and click “Grayscale” if you need gray shades.
- Then click Presets -> Save Current Settings as Preset -> Ok.
PRINTER NOT FOUND DURING NETWORK SETUP WINDOWS
During the network setup, if the “printer not found during network setup” error message displays, then follow the step by step instructions that are given below to troubleshoot the error.
STEP 1: RESTART THE NETWORK DEVICES
- Unplug the power cord from the router. Turn off the printer and the computer. Wait for few seconds and reconnect the power cord to the router and turn on the printer and the computer. Wait until the network system resumes and then install the printer software.
STEP 2: CHECK THE NETWORK AND PRINTER CONNECTION STATUS
- Make sure your printer is ready for the network setup and that the printer is connected to the correct network.
STEP 3: CONNECT THE PRINTER TO YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK MANUALLY
- For printers with touch control panel
Gather network name and password and ensure the computer is connected to the wireless network. Remove USB cable and click “Wireless” menu on the printer’s control panel to open Wireless Setup Wizard. Follow the on-screen prompts and complete the network installation.
- For printers with basic control panels
- Long press the Wireless button on the printer’s control panel for few seconds. When the wireless light blinks, release the button and within two minutes press the WPS button on the router.
STEP 4: RUN THE HP PRINT AND SCAN DOCTOR TOOL
- If the issue is still there, then try to run the HP Print and Scan doctor Tool to identify and resolve the error.
STEP 5: UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL THE HP DRIVER AND SOFTWARE
- Remove the USB cable and on Windows, search for Programs and click Programs and Features. Right-click on your printer and then select Uninstall or Yes. Restart your computer, after uninstalling the software. Turn on the printer, download and install the driver and software, and then check if the issue is solved.