DESKJET 3515 PRINTER SETUP
The HP Deskjet 3515 printer has got an extensive usage in both home and office use. The printer provides an efficient Printing, Copying, and Scanning. With the mobile printing feature, you can print your document from anywhere you are. The printer’s supported connectivity options are a USB and a Wireless network connection.
The printer’s print speed for black is up to 16ppm and for color is up to 20ppm.
The printer’s paper handling capacity for input tray is up to 50-sheets and for the output is up to 30-sheets.
The printer is compatible with operating systems like Windows and Mac.
The printer’s maximum copying capacity is up to 50 copies.
This is an Energy Star Certified printer which means the printer saves the energy without compromising its performance.
- The mobile printing capability: HP ePrint for Android device and Apple AirPrint for Mac.
- With the Wireless Direct printing feature, you can print a document without connecting the printer to the network.
- The HP Deskjet 3515 printer provides a sharp and detailed text document.
First time printer setup
Once you receive a new printer from the shipment, the first thing you need to do is unpacking. Once unpacking the printer, you have to set it up. Make use of the guides that are listed below to prep your printer to print.
Step 1: Verify the contents of the box
- Based on the country or region, the contents might vary. Check whether that you have received all the printer components from the shipment.
Step 2: Remove the printer from its packing material
- Take off the printer and its accessories from the shipment box. Peel off all the tapes and stickers from it.
- Unlock the cartridge access door and then remove the cardboard box from inside the printer.
- After removing the stickers, lock the cartridge access door.
Step 3: Link the power cord and the power supply
- Plug-in the power cord into the posterior side of the printer. Link the power cord to the power supply, and then into a power outlet.
- Power on the HP Deskjet 3515 printer.
Step 4: Load paper inside the input tray
- Prior to loading the paper, check whether that the size and type of the papers are compatible with the printer.
- Align the paper and then load it into the printer’s input tray.
- After inserting the paper; based on the paper size, adjust the paper width guides.
Step 5: The ink cartridge installation
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door. Remove a new cartridge from its packing material.
- Peel off all the tapes and stickers from the cartridge. Make sure that you do not touch the electrical contacts of the cartridge.
- By doing so will lead to ink failure, clogging, and poor electrical contacts. Prior to inserting the cartridge, ensure that it is free from dust.
- Insert the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot and then place the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot.
- After inserting the cartridges, lock the cartridge access door.
Step 6: Download and install the latest printer software
- Each operating system has a unique driver and software. Before downloading the driver, ensure that it is compatible with the OS and start downloading it.
- Install it on the computer by following the on-screen guides. During the installation, you are prompted to select the connection type.
- Based on the printer compatibility, select either a USB or a Wireless network connection and then complete the installation.
Printing with Wi-Fi Direct from your Android device or Tablet
You need not waste your time to connect the printer to a network or with an Internet. Instead, you can activate the Wireless Direct connection option in your printer and start printing a document from Wi-Fi capable mobile device.
- From the printer’s control panel, click on the Wireless Direct icon to enable the Wireless Direct connection.
- From the mobile device, select Settings, click Wi-Fi and then choose your printer from the list of available networks.
- If you could find your printer’s name, you might be out of range of the HP Wireless Direct signal. Place your mobile device and printer at a closer distance.
- If urged, index the security passcode from the printer’s control panel.
- Open the document or photo that you would like to print and then select Print from the app menu.
- Choose your printer’s name from the list and then click on the Print option.
- Once the print job is completed, reconnect the mobile device to the normal wireless network connection.
Cartridge missing or ink cartridge issue
An ink is an essential for the printer to print a document. After inserting the cartridges, if you find that the printer’s control panel displays a Cartridge missing or ink cartridge issue, make use of the guides that are listed below to resolve it.
- Initially, an unauthenticated cartridge may print well but further, it might affect the printer as well as the print quality so it is advisable to use a genuine ink cartridge to print a document.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door. Remove the cartridge from its slot. Clean the contacts of the cartridge. Clean only the copper colored contacts and allow it to dry for 10 minutes.
- Ensure that the cartridge is free from dust. If the cartridge is not clean, the printer will not recognize it while printing.
- Make sure that you do not touch the electrical contacts of the cartridge. By touching this part will lead to bad electrical contacts, clogging or ink failure.
- Check whether that you have removed all the stickers and tapes from the cartridges.
- After checking the cartridge, re-insert it into the respective slot.
- Now, try to print a document. If the issue still persists, move to the next step.
- In some of the cases, restarting the printer might help you resolve the issue.
- If the issue still persists, you need to replace the cartridge with a new one.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Remove the cartridge from the slot.
- Unpack a new cartridge and then peel off all the tapes and stickers from it.
- Insert the black ink cartridge into the left side of the slot and then place the color ink cartridge into the right side of the slot.
- Once inserting the cartridge, ensure that the cartridges are placed properly and then lock the cartridge access door.
- Now, try to print a sample document. If the quality of the document is as expected, you can continue with a print job.
- If not, contact our technical experts at the toll-free number. Our team will easily fix and resolve the issue.
Steps to be followed if you receive the Cartridges Missing or Ink Cartridges Problem message on your printer’s control panel.
Step 1 : Check if you are using compatible ink cartridges on your 123.hp.com dj3515 printer.
- Ensure that you have original and compatible ink cartridges installed in your printer.
- To order genuine ink cartridges, visit HP SureSupply and also check the ink or toner cartridge compatibility with the printer.
- If the error message disappears after using the cartridges produced by the printer manufacturer, then troubleshooting can be stopped.
Step 2 : Examine the positioning of the ink cartridges as it might display an error if not installed properly.
- The 123.hp.com dj3515 printer should be turned on if it is not previously ON.
- Keep two of your fingers beneath the small handles on the sides of the access door of the ink cartridge to open it and then lift it up.
- When the Door Open window pops-up on the control panel of the printer screening The ink cartridge door is open, shut the door and move on to the next.
- Let-off the ink cartridges by slightly pressing down on any one of it. Grab the ink cartridge towards you from its slot.
- Clear away the protective tape if any, on the nozzles of the new ink cartridge.
- Slip the ink cartridge into the empty slot and place it, and then slowly move it forward so that it firmly clicks into the slot.
- Force in the tri-color ink cartridge into the left slot and the black into the right slot.
- These steps should be replicated to take out, examine and replace the other ink cartridge as well.
- Shut the door of the ink cartridge. Check if the door is fully closed, else the Door Open message appears on the screen instructing you that The cover or door must be closed to print.
- Once it is done, the message is cleared and the printer gets back to the Home screen. Go ahead with the next step if the error prevails.
Step 3 : Keep the electrical contacts of the ink cartridge clean.
If the electrical contacts or the slot of the ink cartridges in the 123.hp.com dj3515 printer contains ink or debris, then it might not identify the ink cartridges or the failure caused by it.
- Keep the following materials handy to clean the electrical contacts.
- A Drained foam-rubber sponge, fiber-free cloth, or anything substantial.
- Purified, refined, or bottled water that does not contain impurities.
- Turn the printer on and access the ink cartridge door by keeping two fingers beneath it to hold the sides of the ink cartridge door carefully and then lift it up.
- Shut the door when you see The Door Open screen displayed on the printer’s control panel that shows The ink cartridge access door is open
- Detach the power cord from behind the printer.
- Unplug the USB cable if the 123.hp.com dj3515 printer is linked to your computer via a USB connection.
- Free the printer’s ink cartridges by slightly pressing down on one of them and then grab it towards you from its slot.
- Support the ink cartridges by holding its sides.
- Examine the contacts of the ink cartridge to check if it has developed any ink or debris inside it.
- Mildly dip a foam-rubber sponge or fiber-free cloth in distilled water, and then press out surplus water from it.
- Clean the copper-colored contacts alone on the ink cartridge, and then leave the cartridge to dry for an approximate of 10 minutes.
- Again make use of another lint-free cloth dipped in distilled water to clean the electrical contacts in the ink cartridge slots inside the carriage of the printer.
- The carriage contacts should be allowed to dry for around 10 minutes.
- Slide the ink cartridge into the empty slot and ensure that it clicks into place promptly by moving it forward.
- The tri-color ink cartridge is replaced on the left side of the slot and the black ink cartridge into the right side.
- Redo these steps to clear the contacts of the other ink
- Shut the access door of the cartridge and reattach the power cord to the backside of the printer.
- The printer should be connected to the computer with a USB cable, if not rejoin the USB cable.
- Redo the scan with the printer turned on.
- Check if the error message is not shown any more on the printer’s control panel and you are able to print, so that the troubleshooting need not be continued.
- Proceed to the next step if the error prolongs.
Step 4 : Pull out the ink cartridges and replace it in its slot.
- Follow the previous steps in this document to take out the ink cartridges from its slot and put it back in the same way.
- You need not continue with troubleshooting if the error on the printer’s control panel disappears and you are able to print as well.
- Move on to the next step if the error still displays on the control panel of the 123.hp.com dj3515 printer.
Step 5 : Clean the electrical contacts another time.
Redo the previous steps ditto to clean the contacts of the ink cartridge may support to fix the issue.
Step 6 : Reform the printer.
When none of the previous steps work to resolve the issue, resetting the printer may help.
- Before you start off, ensure that the printer is turned on and then unplug the power cord from the back side of the printer.
- Detach the power cord from the wall’s power outlet and then hold on at least for 60 seconds.
- Rejoin one end of the power cord into the wall outlet and the other end to the backside of the printer.
- Turn on the 123.hp.com dj3515 printer and wait for it to undergo a warm-up period.
- Progress to the next step if the error prevails.
Step 7 : Remove the existing ink cartridge and reinsert it with another one.
If one or more ink cartridges appear to be problematic, then replace it accordingly and then carry out the printer alignment.