123.HP.COM DJ5811 PRINTER SETUP
This printer prints thousands of pages at an ultra low cost per page. It is easy to access and you can get the expected print quality out of the printer.highly reliable printer suitable for all your high volume printing needs.
- Print speed for black – ISO: Up to 8 ppm, Draft: Up to 20 ppm
- Print speed for color- ISO:Up to 5 ppm, Draft:Up to 16 ppm
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)- Up to 1000 pages
- Memory, standard- Integrated
- Paper handling input, standard- 60-sheet input tray
- Paper handling output, standard- 25-sheet output tray
- Media sizes supported- A4, B5, A6, DL envelope
HP DESKJET GT 5811 PRINTER FEATURES
- Functions performed- print, copy, scan
- Connectivity- Wireless
- Maximum copies- 9
- Duplex printing- manual
- Media types- Plain paper, photo paper, brochure paper.
- Expanded Cartridges
- Compact and sleek Design
- Less Power-Consumption
- Tri-Color Ink System
- Error Generation
- Slow Processing
- Print Quality is Low
The overall performance of the printer is up to the mark and attracts the users in intermediate age group due to its easy printing option from the social media applications. The price of the printer is nominal and perfectly satisfies the home printing needs.
Setting Up the 123.hp.com dj5811 Printer Hardware
Assembling the printer is easy provided you follow the instructions. The setup procedure includes the steps from unwrapping to installing the software. Go through the instructions provided below.
Step 1 : UNPACK THE PRINTER AND ESTABLISHING THE POWER CONNECTION
- Once the printer reaches at your doorsteps you have to check for the components and remove the packing material present around the printer.
- Make sure that no plastic tapes are present and then use the power cord to switch on the printer.
- Subsequently, set preferences by directing to the control panel of the printer.
Step 2 : Fill in the ink tanks
- Fill the tanks of the printer using the ink that is shipped to you.
- Check if the ink valve is unlocked and then open the ink tank lid, and eliminate the plug.
- Carefully dispose the seal and replace the cap on the bottle . Open the lid and place the yellow ink bottle over the tank spout.
- Once it is done, pull the ink bottle straight up and close the ink bottle lid. Subsequently, close the ink tank lid.
Step 3 : FIX THE INK CARTRIDGES
- Install the ink cartridges after unpacking it. When the printer is powered on, open the exterior door. Now open the printhead access door as well. Place the ink cartridges well in their place and then close the printhead access door.
Step 4 : Place paper into the input tray
- Raise the tray and move the paper width guide all the way to left and then place suitable paper type on the tray.
- Make sure that the paper stack rests against the edge of the paper and then pull out the output tray.
Step 5 : ASSEMBLE THE PRINTHEAD AND THE INK SYSTEM
- To get best print quality, printhead and ink system alignment is one of the best ways.
Step 6 : INSTALL THE DRIVER
- After assembling all hardware, look for the correct software and install it on the computer.
Installation of HP Printer Driver and Software
Installation of the HP printer driver and software
Check this manual and know the importance of the printer driver and software. Go through the below procedures to get the printer driver installed.
Run the Setup file from the website
- Get the driver from us by directing to the link provided.
- It is good to install the full featured driver to perform all the printer functions at their best.
- Before you click on download, make sure that the driver suits your printer and the os of the computer.
- Go through the on- screen instructions to complete the installation.
Run the Setup file from the disc
- To install the driver, keep the cd drive and wait until the setup file runs.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation. Once the installations gets over, boot up the printer and the computer.
- Take a test print to check if the driver is properly installed.
Wi-Fi Direct Printer Setup
Setting your printer to the Wi- Fi connection is an ideal way of making it communicate with the computer connected to the same network. Follow the instructions to establish the Wi- Fi setup.
- Affirm that the printer driver is installed and up-to-date on the computer.
- Go to the control panel and press the Wi-Fi Direct icon.
- Choose the Devices and Printers on your windows and click on the Add Printer option.
- Choose Direct HP Deskjet 5811 from the printers list and then, choose Next.
- Key in the PIN code in the Add a Device Wizard, when instructed. Click Next to complete the process.
Wireless Printer Setup
To initiate the wireless connection on your printer, link the printer to the network and install the driver software. Choose the connection type as Wireless, when prompted.
- 802.11 Wi-Fi network and a computer linked to the home network.
- Unwrap the printer and setup all hardware.
- Fill the ink tanks, align the printheads, and feed white paper into the input tray before you initiate the wireless connection.
Installation of HP printer software on Windows
- If you have a software installation disc that supports the computer’s os version, insert it into the computer disc drive.
- Access the HP folder and then go to setup file. Trail the on-screen instructions to begin the installation.
- You can also download the HP software for your printer from our website.
- To do this, tap on Begin and then choose Download next to the full feature driver.
- Once the download gets over, the installation of the full featured software begins automatically.
- The installation progresses until the Connect window prompts. Until that do not tap on Continue in the Connect window.
- Follow the on- screen instructions to accomplish the installation process.
Print and Scan from the HP AiO Printer Remote App (Android & Apple)
The HP Aio Remote app is also called as the HP Smart app. This lets your printer and scan from the printer just by connecting the printer to the wireless network.
Step 1 : Installation of the HP Smart app
- The first step is to get the latest version of the HP Smart app on your mobile devices.
- Follow the prompts to download the installation of apps on your smartphones.
Step 2: Print a document or photo
- Using this app, you can print the documents or photos saved on Google driver, Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, liable to the mobile device you have.
- Open the app, choose Print photos, documents or choose social media account or cloud storage.
- Search for the file and choose the document you wish to print. Have a preview of it and then click on Print.
Step 3 : Scan a document or photo
- To start scanning, place the original on the scanner glass or in the ADF tray.
- Go to the app and click on Scan, scan to cloud, or scan to email, liable to your preference.
- Go to settings and click on the Input source option. Choose Done or save.
- Once the scan is completed, click on Send, save, share, or print liable to the type of scans you choose previously.
HP DeskJet GT 5811 All-in-One Printer Issues
- Printer cannot be found during network driver setup.
- A scanner failure message and you cannot scan, fax or copy.
- Printer Offline message displays on the computer monitor.
- Issues when using Mopria print service.
- Mobile Printer Setup fails in Mobile Devices.
- An ‘Incompatible’ or ‘Ink Cartridge Missing’ Error Message Displays.
- Printer does not maintain Wireless connection.
- Troubleshoot to identify the printer claim code.
- Printer not found.
- E4 error (Paper Jam).
- An E3 error (carriage jam).
- USB scanner connection issue.
- Blinking lights and E errors.
- Wi- Fi connection with HPNA lost after 2-10 minutes
- A scanner failure message
- HP Scan Quit unexpectedly
Mobile Printer Setup fails in Android device
The print function cannot be completed though you use the HP Smart app on your Android devices to setup your printer either using the wired or wireless connection.
Step 1 : REETORE THE PRINTER LIST IN AIO REMOTE APP
- On your mobile device access the AiO Remote app and click on the printer icon.
- Click on the refresh icon to reload the available printers in the network. Check if your printer name is present in the list.
STEP 2 : SETUP YOUR HP PRINTER USING THE AIO REMOTE APP
- If your printer name is listed click HP-Setup -> HP DeskJet 5811 and trail the prompts.
- If your printer is not listed, on your mobile device click on My printer is not listed. Choose Help Set Up a New Printer and then follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer.
Step 3 : CHECK THE WIRELESS CONNECTION NETWORK AND PRINTER STATUS
- If the network signal between the devices is not proper, the print function fails.
- Make sure that the wireless connection strength is good.
- Follow the tips to enhance the signal strength on your printer
STEP 4 : CONNECT YOUR PRINTER TO THE NETWORK
- Re-establish the connection on your printer. The steps to establish the connection differs for the printer with and without the control panel.
E4 Error Displays – Paper Jam
When the fed paper in the printer gets stuck, the printer’s control panel shows an error message and the ink Alert light blinks. The printer function can be restored after solving the issue. Check the instructions to solve this kind of printer issue.
Step 1 : SEARCH FOR THE JAMMED PAPER AND REMOVE IT
- If any jammed paper is present, the printer stops functioning. Remove the paper and re- print the required files.
- To avoid the paper jam error, remove the entire stack fed in the loading tray, tap on stack to make it flat, and then place it on the feeder.
STEP 2 : CLEAN THE ACCUMULATE DIRT IN THE PAPER ROLLS
- No accumulation of dirt should present to be free from the paper jam issue.
- For cleaning purpose, you can make use of a lint- free clot and wipe the rollers thoroughly.
- Periodical cleaning of the rollers to avoid the paper jam issue.
Step 3: PRINTER BOOTUP
- Rebooting the printer can restore the paper jam issue, if the issue displayed on the control panel is not a real message.
- To reboot the printer, detach the power cord when the printer is on.
- After 60 seconds re- establish the connection. For details, call our tech- support team.