DESKJET 5821 PRINTER SETUP
Designed for home use, this Deskjet GT5821 easily fits into your home environment. Capable of printing both in black and color, this all-in-one printer goes easy on your pockets but not with print quality.
- All-in-one printer can perform print, scan, and copy.
- Has a maximum duty cycle of up to 1000 pages per month.
- Recommended monthly printing volume is 400 to 800 sheets.
- Paper handling capacity is 60-sheet input tray and 25-sheet for output tray.
- Manual duplex printing allows printing on both sides.
- Copy resolution for black text is 600 x 300 dpi
- Copy resolution for color text and graphics is 600 x 300 dpi
- Media sizes supported- A4, B5, A6, DL envelope.
- Scan resolution, optical- Up to 1200 dpi
- Scan file format- JPEG, TIFF, PDF, BMP, PNG
- Scanner type- Flatbed
Setting Up the 123.hp.com dj5821 Printer Hardware
- All the information pertaining to your printer can be obtained from the User Guide or User Manual. This is provided to you in the shipment.
- A copy of the same can be found in the driver installation CD. The instructions specified in the User Guide is detailed and will take you through setting up your printer.
- All the parts that were shipped with the printer are removed and placed on a sturdy and flat counter.
- Connect the power cords to their respective slots and load the ink cartridges to their respective slots.
- Install the driver software from the CD provided or download the same from the link provided by us. Coincidentally that is where you can find the user manual in case of losing the CD and physical copy of it.
How to print, scan, and copy
The basic functions of the printer include printing, scanning, and copying. All these require the driver software to be installed. Follow the steps mentioned below to carry out each task to its fullest.
How to Print
- Printing can be performed by choosing a document or photo of your choice and clicking the print icon.
- To print a document as per your preferences can only be achieved by altering the print settings.
- Go to the control panel of your computer and open the Printer & Scanner. Under Preferences, choose Printer Settings.
- You will be provided the option of changing the Quality, Grayscale, Resolution among many other attributes. Click print when done.
How to scan
- Scanning is the process of making a digitized version of the original document/photo.
- To perform scanning, it is recommended to download and install the full feature driver software.
- Open the scan lid and place the document face down on the scanner glass. Close the lid and press the scan button.
- The result is displayed on your computer screen. You can later choose to either save it on your computer or email it to one of your contacts.
How to copy
- A copy is the process of producing prints of the original document. This process requires scanning to be performed.
- Place the original document facedown on the scanner glass and close the lid. Click the copy button and choose the number of copies to be made.
- Another option of two-sided copying can be performed if your printer has ADF if not, you are manually required to flip the paper.
- Select the number of copies to be made and wait for the prints.
Refill ink cartridges
The HP Deskjet 5821 is an Inkjet-based printer. Continuous printing will exhaust the ink. Instead of opting for an expensive cartridge, refill the current one for a fraction of the cost.
- When the printer runs out of ink, there is the option of refilling ink for ink tank printers such as your Deskjet GT5821.
- Instead of ink cartridges, ink tanks are present in the printer. There are separate compartments for separate colors.
- Check the ink levels and assure that the tank is empty before proceeding with this process.
- HP ink refill kit is purchased. Make sure that there are no issues while refilling ink as it can affect your print quality.
- Place the cartridge to cartridge holder and ensure that the cartridge is resting and is perfectly still. The cartridge grip is placed for the purpose of stability.
- The loaded syringe is inserted into the bottom of the holder and the ink is injected gradually. After this step, clean each nozzle by dabbing it with a paper towel.
- Another easy method of doing this is purchasing a cartridge refilling kit. The ink present in the little bottle is loaded into a syringe.
- The cartridge label is removed and refill hole is located the syringe is carefully inserted into the cartridge via the refill hole.
- Take care to not overfill the cartridge. Run printhead cleaning several times until you are satisfied with the results.
Wireless printer setup
Your printer is equipped with wireless connectivity functionality. This allows the device to connect to other wireless devices and receive print jobs without being bound by a wired connection.
- On your printer’s Control Panel open the wireless option. Your printer will proceed to scan for all the available networks in the surrounds. Choose the network that belongs to you from the list and connect with it by entering its password.
- Download the driver software by going to the link which obtained by speaking with our technical personnel. Enter your printer model and on the following screen, choose the Operating System running on your computer.
- Commence the driver installation after downloading the software. Make use of HP Install Assistant or HP Installation Wizard to receive assistance for driver installation.
- During the installation process, choose wireless as the mode of your network connection. Changing this is an arduous task. Proceed with care.
- Print a document from your computer that is wirelessly connected to the printer for verifying the connection status. After setting this up, mobile devices can be connected in a similar manner.
Troubleshooting description common issues list
In the event that your printer runs into issues, you can follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned which will help you to rectify the situation thus allowing you to continue printing.
Printer offline : When your printer is not detected by your computer or vice versa, it leads to printer offline error. This is also the result of failed network connection.
Paper jam :The paper used in the paper tray get stuck in one of the many printer rollers causing a paper jam. Pieces of this paper get lodged in the carriage and other compartments of the printer.
Network scanner issue : Your scanner can run into issues when connected to your network. Special attention is given to the scanner and the network that is causing the issue and addressed immediately.
Ink cartridge issue : Opting for an ink cartridge that is not compatible with your printer or forcing an incompatible cartridge in your printer will cause ink cartridge issues. Proper maintenance is mandatory to print flawlessly.
Black ink not printing :A particular ink of the printer stops printing. The issue can range from black cartridge error to system software fault. Updating the commanding software and verifying cartridge status ought to fix this.