HP Deskjet 1010 Setup
Deskjet 1010 printer is compact in size. Due to its small size, place it on a shelf or desk. With its light-weight, it is portable. It is very easy to set up. Use the USB connection to print without any worries. Conserve energy up to 50% with the help of this Energy Star Certified Printer.
- The printer is capable of printing at a speed for 4 papers per minute for black and 16 papers per minute for color.
- It has a high print quality when compared to other printer models in the same series. The optimized dpi for black is 600*600 and for color is 4800*1200.
- The printer is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems. It comes at a nominal price and decreased your workforce.
- The input tray can handle up to 60 sheets and the output tray can handle up to 25 sheets. It also supports a wide range of media type.
Prior to beginning the printing process, it is necessary to install the printer driver and software in the system. Use either a software installation CD or download the driver from our website to start the installation process.
- Switch on the printer and the system. Use a software installation CD in the printer’s shipment box. Take out and place it on the computer’s disc drive.
- You can see the list of files in the Windows. Select the .exe file from the list. Double-click it to commence the installation process.
- In case the installation stops in the middle of the process, download the printer driver from our website. Install the updated driver.
- While downloading, make certain that you do not turn off the system and there is an active Internet connection.
- Call our customer support team. They provide the instructions regarding how to download and install the driver from our website.
- Initially, switch on the printer and the system. Verify whether the system is connected to the network. Make use of a software installation CD.
- Take out the CD from the shipment box and place it on the disc drive. Choose the .dmg file from the list of available files.
- Double-click it to commence the installation files.If the process stops abruptly, download the printer driver from our website.
- Prior to downloading the driver, ensure that the internet connection is stable. If it is not active, the download fails in the middle of the process.
- To start the download process, call our technical support team to get the instructions regarding the download and installation process.
How to Refill the Ink Cartridges
Refilling the ink cartridge is a cost-effective method compared to purchasing a new ink cartridge. Here are the steps below on how to refill cartridges.
Step 1: While purchasing the ink bottle for refilling, ensure that they are authentic and compatible with the printer model. Take the refill bottle and remove the cap from it.
Step 2: Remove the tab off and use an ink bottle cap. Make use of a disposable syringe to refill the ink cartridges. Try to refill them without any leakage.
Step 3: Take out the ink cartridge from its slot and find the black spot on it. Remove the label on the top of it. Pierce the needle into the hole to refill the ink cartridge
Step 4: Do not refill ink in fast pace as it may lead to air bubbles in the ink cartridges. Refill the ink within the capacity so that leaking can be avoided.
Step 5: Once leaking is done, make use of a clean and damp cloth to clean the ink on the cartridge area. Use a tape to seal the holes. Follow the same steps for other cartridges too.
Step 6: After the refilling process, install the ink cartridge into their respective slots. Now, the printer automatically starts to print an alignment page.
For solving the printer issues, make use of the user manual available in the printer’s shipment box. Here are certain steps on how to prevent the issues with the printer.
Step 1: One of the most common issues the printer experiences is the printer offline issue. Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to solve the printer issue.
Step 2: You need to upgrade the printer driver and software from our website. In case the driver is outdated, the printer faces network issues.
Step 3: To avoid the paper jam issue, use compatible paper in the input tray. While adjusting the paper, ensure that they are not bent at the edges.
Step 4: When you face any printer issue, try to reboot the printer as an initial step.This helps to solve most printer related issues.
PRINTER WON’T PRINT
When you are attempting to print from the printer, it displays printer won’t print error message on the control panel. Solve the issue by following the steps below:
Step 1: In case the print jobs are stuck in the print queue, the issue occurs.Try to clear it by deleting the print jobs in the print queue. After that, try to print again.
Step 2: In case the issue still continues, use HP Print and Scan Doctor compatible with the Windows operating system to solve the issue
Step 3: Examine whether the name of the printer is proper. If not, set your printer’s name as default and then try to print again.
Step 4: Uninstall and re-install the printer driver to solve the issue or update the printer driver and firmware from our website.
PAPER FEED PROBLEM
At the time of printing process, the printer does not start feeding the paper. To solve the issue, follow the solutions
Step 1: Rebooting the printer and the system is done to solve the paper feed problem. Turn off the devices. After a while, turn them on again.
Step 2: Disconnect one end of the power cable to the printer’s rear and to the wall socket. After a while, connect them back to examine whether the issue is solved.
Step 3: Examine whether there is any obstructions or loose paper in the input tray. If any, discard them from the tray and then try to print a test page.
Step 4: Change the paper settings in the printer driver. In case the paper size does not match the inserted paper, the issue occurs. Adjust them and then try printing.