HP Deskjet 1050 Setup
Deskjet 1050 is a multi-functional printer. The multi-functions include printing, scanning and copying. It is an ideal choice for the domestic purpose. It has an excellent print quality.
- Designed to fit on your shelf or desk
- Hold up to 60 sheets of paper in the input tray
- Hold up to 25 sheets of paper in the output tray
- Supports various media types such as Paper, envelopes, cards, labels
- Navigate easily with the control panel buttons
- Save up to 50% Energy with this Energy certified printer
First-time 123.hp.com dj1050 Printer setup
For setting up the printer, open the box and verify the contents in the box. It differs based on the country/region. Follow the steps below to start the setup process.
Step 1 : Unpack the printer
- The primary step is to open the box. You can view a list of paper works about the printer in the box. It contains a user guide, setup poster and the warranty card.
- Take out all packing materials surrounding the printer and discard them. Remove the printer from the box and keep it on a flat surface.
Step 2: Establish the power connection
- With the help of power cable in the printer’s shipment box, begin the connection process. Connect the power cable to the printer’s rear and to the wall socket.
- Press the power button to turn on the printer. Ensure that you connect the power cable directly to the wall socket. Do not connect it using a power adapter.
Step 3: Install the ink cartridges
- Take out the SETUP ink cartridge from the box. Remove the protective tape from the top of it. Hold both sides of the cartridge and insert it into its slot.
- Install the black cartridge into the right slot and color cartridge into the left slot. Ensure that you have placed them properly to avoid cartridge issues.
Step 4: Insert plain paper into the input tray
- Feed plain paper into the input tray. Adjust the paper-width guides against the edges of the paper. Once are done with the step, the printer starts printing an alignment page.
- Now the printer’s hardware is configured. Download and install the printer driver from our website. When the system prompts, start the installation process.
USB Printer Setup
Step 1 : Obtain all requirements for the connection
- Switch on the printer and the system. It is suggested to use a USB cable present in the printer’s shipment box to start the connection process.
- Do not connect multiple devices to the USB hub or docking station. This may result in insufficient power to all connected devices.
Step 2 : Install the driver
Connect one end of the cable to the printer’s rear USB port and the other end of the cable to the USB port in the system. The printer’s name gets displayed. If not, download the printer driver and install it. Then, add the printer’s name manually to the list.
Plug in one end of the USB cable to the hindside of the printer and to the USB port on your Mac system. To complete the process, download and install the printer driver. After installing, include the printer’s name by pressing the Add option.
List of printing issues
- Paper jam
- Printer Offline
- Paper mismatch error(Windows and Mac)
- Color or black ink not printing
- Improving print, scan and copy quality
- Print job stuck
- Slow printing issue
- Incompatible ink cartridges
Duplex Printing is printing on both sides of the document without flipping the pages. It saves the paper cost and time.
- The initial step is to turn on the printer and the system.
- Load enough paper into the input tray. Insert them without exceeding the paper capacity.
- Adjust the paper-width guides against the edges of the paper. Do not bend the edges while adjusting. This may result in the paper jam issue.
- On your system, choose the document or photo you intend to print. Press Ctrl and P keys at a time for the Print dialog box to get displayed.
- Select the printer’s name from the available printers list. Select Printer Properties -> Printing Shortcut ->Layout->Print on both sides.
- Based on the readability, select the Flip or binding option. After selecting, press Print to start the printing process.
- Turn on the printer. Ensure that the printer is linked to a Mac system using a USB cable. Select the System Preferences option under the Apple menu.
- Select the Printers and Scanners option on the System Preferences screen to open the print queue. Select the name of the printer from the list of available devices.
- Select the Paper Handling option displayed in the middle of the window. Select the Odd only option from the Pages to print menu.
- Select the Print option to start printing.
Once all the pages are printed, take out the printed pages from the input tray. Place the other side of the printed page based on the input tray.
- Make the necessary changes in the print settings to start the printing process. Now select the Print option again to print on the other side.
Ink Cartridges Error
Incompatible ink cartridges are the main reason for the ink cartridge issue. To fix the issue, you can follow the solutions mentioned below.
Step 1: Use authentic ink cartridges
It is suggested to use authentic and compatible ink cartridges for the printer. Incompatible ink cartridges lead to cartridge issue.
Step 2: Examine the ink cartridges
Open the ink cartridge access door. Wait for the carriage to move to the middle of the printer. Take out the cartridge from its slot and then insert it again after a while.
Step 3: Clean the electrical contacts
Make use of a clean and damp cloth to clean the electrical contacts. Wait until the electrical contacts get dried. Then, insert the cartridges back into their slot.
Step 4: Insert the ink cartridges again
In case the issue still continues, uninstall and then re-install the cartridges again.This is one of the steps which solves the issue.
Step 5: Recustomize the printer
With the printer switched on, unplug the power cable from the rear of the printer and from the electrical socket. After a second, connect the cable back and then turn it on.
Step 6: Replace the faulty ink cartridge
Verify whether the ink cartridges are faulty. The faulty ink cartridges should be replaced with a new one to clear the ink cartridge issue.
‘Paper Mismatch’ Error
When you insert an incompatible paper into the input tray or the paper size does not match the paper settings, an issue occurs. Follow the steps below to fix the issue.
Step 1: Modify the paper size settings
Verify the paper size setting to ensure that it is similar to the paper you intend to print. Under the Properties icon, select Paper/quality tab. Choose Paper size->OK.
Step 2 : Examine the paper settings
Take out and then insert the paper into the input trays. Select File->Print. Under the Properties screen, select Paper quality and then choose Paper Source-> OK to print.
Step 3: Reconfigure the printer
Unplug the power cable from the printer’s rear and from the wall socket with the printer turned on. Wait for a second and then turn on the printer.
Step 1: Adjust the paper size settings
Choose the paper size that is similar the size and paper type inserted in the printer tray. In case the there is not proper size, choose the one close to it. Then, start printing.
Step 2: Recustomize the printer
Switch on the printer. Unplug the power cable from the printer’s rear and from the wall socket. Wait for a minute and then connect the cable back. Then, turn it on.
Step 3: Update the driver
In certain cases, the printer driver is not compatible with various paper sizes. For supported paper sizes, you need to upgrade the printer driver.