123.HP.COM DJ1055 Setup
The Deskjet is a miniature printer that is designed in such a way that it can fit into every nook and corner of your house. The 1055 is an exclusive home printer.
- This printer is an all-in-one capable of performing print, scan, and copy.
- This is an Inkjet printer that prints on two cartridge system, which is black and tri-color.
- The connectivity mode of the printer is limited to USB 2.0 only.
- This printer offers a monthly duty cycle of 1000 pages.
- Input and output tray holds 60-sheets and 25-sheets respectively.
- Print speeds are set to 16 ppm for mono and 12 ppm for color.
- Print resolution is 1200 x 1200 dpi.
First-time HP DJ1055 Printer setup
After receiving the printer on your doorstep, what follows is you set it up. Open the package and place the contents on a counter. The steps mentioned below will act as your guide.
i. Unpack your printer
Place the printer on a sturdy and flat counter. The package is removed and the accessories are removed from the box.
ii.Verify the contents of the package
Contents include USB connector, new cartridges, power cord, user manual and Driver installation CD. Remove all the tapes that are present on the printer.
iii.Load the paper tray
The input tray and output tray are extended. The paper length and paper width markers present in the trays are extended to their maximum length.
iv.Connect the power cord
One end of the power cord is connected to the rear of the printer and the other end is connected to the power socket on the wall.
v.Install the ink cartridges
The package provided around the cartridge is removed. The protective tape is removed and the cartridge is placed in its respective slot and its position is secured by locking the latch.
vi.Install the driver software
From the CD provided, the driver software can be installed. Follow the instructions mentioned on-screen to complete the process.
USB Printer Setup
One of the network connection modes for your printer is USB. This is wired setup that required a computer to be connected to your printer at all times during the period of printing.
Refer to the web page steps
- The most common procedure that is to be followed is listed below.
- Before setting up your printer to work in a USB setup, it is important to acquire a USB cable that is not too long and not too short. Preferably around 3 meters in length.
- All printer require the driver software to be downloaded. This can be performed by talking to our representative and obtaining a link.
- Go to the link provided and enter your printer model. This is followed by inputting the operating system of your computer.
- The download will commence and the file will be saved in your computer.
- After downloading the driver software, you can begin installing the driver immediately.
- Double-click the file and commence the process. Connect your printer to your computer using the USB cable at the start of this process.
- During installation, choose USB as your means of network connection. Print a document to verify the status of connectivity.
- Double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation.
- Using the USB cable, connect the printer and the computer.
- During the installation, specify USB as your mode of network connection.
- You are required to add your printer to the list of devices recognized by your printer.
- In the window that pops up after installation, click Add and choose your printer.
List of printing issues
- Resetting the printing system for windows & mac
- Ink alert or low on ink message displays
- Slow printing for windows & mac
- Color or Black ink not printing
- Incompatible ink cartridges
- The power button light blinks (paper jam)
- Fixing print quality problems
- Print job stuck in print queue for Windows & Mac
- Printer is Offline for Windows OS
- Printer is Offline for Mac OS
- Paper mismatch error for Windows & Mac
- Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup for Windows OS
- USB Scanner Connection Error for Windows OS
- Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup for Mac OS
Duplexing is the ability of the printer to print on both sides of the paper. With this feature, the amount of paper spent for printing and cost incurred is cut down by half.
- Load enough paper in the input tray to avoid interrupting the printing process.
- Choose a document from your computer that has to be printed. Open it in any photo viewer, select File and click Print.
- A list of devices is displayed. Choose your printer from it and open Printer Properties option. If you find a Printing Shortcut tab, choose Print on Both Sides option.
- If this is not available, choose Print on Both Sides option, which is found in Print Preferences.
- Click Ok and click Print. This will print a document allowing you to test this new feature.
- Before starting the process, ensure that your input tray is filled with sufficient paper. This will avoid interruption of the printing process. Open any document and click Print.
- Click on Show Details option to vary the settings. Search and click on Two-Sided selection box.
- The method that is followed for manual duplexing requires you to go to the Paper Handling menu and from Pages to Print menu, select Odd Only.
- Choosing between the available Booklet style and Tablet style after selecting Rear Loading as it is compatible with your printer.
- Open the Print Menu, select Pages To Print option and click Even Only.
- From the Page Order choose automatic and click Print.
Ink cartridges missing
When the ink cartridges that are inserted in the printer are not detected, ink cartridges missing error is displayed. Follow the steps mentioned below to rid the issue.
i.Use genuine products
Always prefer genuine HP products. This will ensure that the prints are of the highest quality and prevents blotches and ink smears from happening. This is guaranteed to increase your printer’s longevity.
ii.Close the cartridge latch
- The cartridge latch is a secure setup that helps in keeping the cartridge in its position during the print process.
- Close the latch to secure the cartridge in position and keep it from unwarranted movement during printing.
iii.Reinsert the cartridges
The cartridges are removed from their respective slot. They are then reinserted carefully and made sure to be placed in their respective slots.
iv.Clean the cartridge and its contacts
Remove the cartridge and check if the contact points are covered in dry ink. Take a lint-free cloth and wipe it across to remove the dirt. Reinsert the cartridge and secure the cartridge lock.
v.Reset the printer
a)Turn on your printer and keep it so. Unplug the power cord and give it a waiting time of 60 seconds after which the cords are reconnected. The printer will turn on and the issue should be resolved as this could the result of a software glitch.
‘Paper Mismatch’ Error
This error is caused as a result of the paper inserted in the input tray and the paper type mentioned in the printer setting not being the same.
i.Adjust the paper size setting
- Choose a document that needs to be printed and click the Print icon. Select your printer from the list of available devices and click Next.
- Click Printer Preferences and open the Paper/Quality tab and then the Advanced option. Choose Paper Size and opt for the same size as that of the paper that is loaded in your tray.
ii.Check paper source setting
- Go to the File option in the document viewer that you print from.
- Go to Print and choose Properties. Locate Paper/Quality and click Paper Source. Among the many trays, choose the one that contains the loaded paper.
iii.Reset the printer
- With your printer turned on, unplug the power cord. After 60 seconds, reconnect them. Turn on your printer and check for the error status.
i.Vary the paper size setting
- The paper size mentioned in the printer settings should be the same as the one that is present in your input tray.
- Open a document and click File and then Print.
- Choose your printer from the drop-down list and choose Paper Size.
- Change it to the value that matches yours.
ii.Reset the printer
- Keep the printer turned on. Unplug the power cord without a warning.
- The printer will turn off. Wait for a period of 60 seconds. Reconnect the wires and wait for the printer to turn on.
- The error should be resolved.
iii.Driver software is updated
- When the printer driver software is outdated, there are chances that due to software error or glitch, the printer mistakenly displays this error.
- This can be resolved by updating your driver software. Go to the link from where the driver was downloaded and click the update button.