HP Deskjet 2136
Specifications and Features:
Compatible with Operating Systems like Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite. Has a monthly duty cycle up to 1000 pages. Uses Thermal Inkjet technology. Consists of a black ink cartridge and a tri-color cartridge.
- Simple, double-cartridge preservation.
- Print, Copy, Scan features.
- Draft quality is superb.
- Slim and sleek design.
- Facile installation.
- High-yield cartridge.
- Energy consumption is low.
- Compact in Size.
- Sheet feeding is clamorous.
- Color prints are sluggish.
- Lack of wireless connection.
- No display.
A multi-functional printer that provides you enormous prints at a low cost per page. It is perfectly designed for both home and home office purpose.
Unboxing 123 HP Setup 2136
Unboxing your printer and its 123 HP Setup 2136 procedure has been described in an easy manner for the better understanding of our customers.
- Grab the new printer from its box. The first thing to do would be to grab your new printer from its box.
- All the tapes and packaging materials need to be removed from your printer.
- Now, you need to check whether there are any plastic tapes on the printer’s control panel display, and in the interior side of your printer.
- After this, you need to take out the duplexer from the box, and take away all the packaging tapes and bubble wrap.
- In order to install the duplexer in your HP printer, you need to turn your printer in such a way that its hind side faces you
- You need to install it with extreme care.
- When you are done with your installation, turn your printer such that its front side faces you
- Once you are completed with installing the ink cartridges, you must turn on your HP Printer.
- In order to turn on your HP printer, you need to connect your printer to the electrical outlet by using the power cord.
- You need to connect one end of the power cord to the printer’s rear side and the other end to an electrical wall socket.
- Power up your 123.HP.Com dj2136 Printer and configure all the required settings using the printer’s control panel display.
- You need to feed the paper into the feeder tray.
- Take caution when you feed the paper into the tray.
- Feeding the paper in a wrong manner may cause a paper jam.
- In order to fill the paper in the tray, you need to go through the prompts.
- If you want to commence with printing a document, then you need to insert the ink cartridge. Install the cartridges on your printer by employing the guidelines that are screened.
- Make use of the prompts to install the printer software in your printer effectively.
HP Deskjet 2136 Print
Steps to Print the Documents using Windows
The below-mentioned steps clearly describe how to print a document using Windows. To print documents from a Windows computer and alter any settings that are correlated with the print job, follow the steps given below.
To print a document
You can access the print window to modify the print job settings for optimum results.
- Editing is like modifying the text font and size, selecting layout options, and altering all other screen appearance settings. These modifications are to be done prior to printing.
- From the app where you have created the document, all you need to do is select File or the menu symbol (WordPad), then choose Print to get access to the general print settings.
- To attain more layout, quality, and advanced print settings, tap Printer Properties, Properties, or Preferences. The Document Properties or Printing Preferences window gets screened.
- The appropriate layout and paper settings are modified according to your print job. Names of the menu and available settings may differ according to your printer type.
- Tap OK, then select Print.
Steps to print a document using Mac
The steps described in the succeeding document are for HP printers and Mac computers. Document printing can be done using a Mac system and you can modify the print job settings according to your needs.
To print a document
Start the print window pane to modify the settings. Open the print window to change print job settings for best results.
- Before printing, edit the document to adjust text font and size, choose layout options, and to change any other appearance settings.
- In the app where you created the document, click File and then click Print. The printer settings window opens. If you do not see the following menus in the window, click Show Details.
- Select your 123 HP Setup 2136 printer from the Printer menu.
- From the Presets menu, select an option that applies to your print job or paper type.
- Click the unnamed menu at the center of the window to select different settings types, then change any of the following settings. Available print settings and menu names vary by printer and the application you are printing from.
- Click Print.
123 HP Deskjet 2136 Scan
How to scan
Have a glance at the instructions that should be used to scan the documents or photos which are requisite. Scan from your computer to a printer which runs under Windows and Mac operating system.
This document explains to you in detail about how to scan, using the steps mentioned below.
- Scan using HP Scan software
- Scan using HP Scan and Capture (Windows 8 and10)
- Scan using Windows Scan (Windows 8 and 10)
Method1: Scan using the HP Software
123 HP Setup 2136 Scan software is an inbuilt feature with the printers that were released in 2011 or later. You can commence with the scan jobs from the computer, modify the scan quality configuration, and save the scans in any required format and more. Perform according to the instructions in order to scan the documents.
HP Scan printers which were released in 2015 and later
- The items which are going to be scanned should be selected and to be taken either in the document feeder slot or in the ADF based on the printer type and the feature.
- Browse for the model name of your printer below the search list.
- If you can see your 123.HP.Com dj2136 printer name, then tap on it from the search results.
- If you cannot see the name of your HP printer, then make certain that your computer is installed with the latest updated printer driver.
- Tap on Scan a Photo or Document.
- Select any one of the shortcuts that suit the file type and the resulting action you require.
- Select one among the obtainable default settings on the right side of the window pane, if needed.
- The scans can be previewed before printing and extra settings can be changed using Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan option.
- Supplementary settings like quality, color, and default scan destination folder can be modified by tapping on Advanced Settings or More option.
- Tap on the Scan option.
- After clicking on Scan, the selected items can be scanned and previewed.
- Modify any required settings if prompted (comma) by tapping on the thumbnail image of the scanned materials.
- Tap on Save view the Save as windows.
- Navigate to the folder where you need to save the scan, modify the File format as per your requirement.
- Prior to saving the document, make sure of the file type and tap on Save.
- The scans can be viewed by accessing the folder where you have saved it.
Method 2: Scanning using the HP Scan and Capture (Windows 8 and10)
Attempt to scan the documents or photos which were captured with the help of the HP Scan and Capture application. Make certain that your computer running with Windows 8 or 10 Operating System is installed with the full featured driver.
Method 3: Scanning using Windows Scan (Windows 8 and 10)
The Windows scan application allows you to scan the required documents or photos. Make sure that you have installed either the basic or full featured driver on the computer running on Windows 8 or 10 (comma) to use this app.
- You need to load the essential documents which are to be scanned either on the scanner glass or on the ADF.
- Browse in Windows, look for Scan, and tap on the Scan app from the filtered results.
- You are requested to install Windows Scan from the Windows Store if the Scan app is not identified in the search results.
- If you have Source in the existing options, pick the photos or documents that are to be loaded.
- You can adjust the Color mode, Resolution and the location of saving the documents by choosing the Show more option.
- Tap on Scan.
Your Mac needs to be installed with the app which is required to scan the documents and photos. Few printers are capable of scanning one or more documents, depending on the model of the printer and the operating system version of the Mac computer.
Method1: HP Easy Scan app that functions with Mac OS and OS X 10.9 and later
This app permits you to scan and edit documents. HP Easy Scan is a cost-free scanning application for Mac users which is obtainable from the App Store. Download and install it by making use of the instructions in our manual. Scanning and editing documents is made tranquil using this app. HP Easy Scan, a free scanning app is meant for Mac users. This app is obtainable in the App Store. Go ahead with the instructions provided to scan the document successfully.
HP Easy Scan app
- Access the App Store, tap on Download next to the HP Easy Scan app and run the downloaded file to install it on your Mac computers.
- If you cannot access the app on your own, then search the Mac for Scan and go with the HP Easy Scan from the available results.
- The scanner glass needs to be filled with the documents or photos to be scanned such that the printed side faces downwards. Shut the scanner lid after placing the document.
- Access HP Easy Scan and browse for the name of your HP printer from the Scanner drop-down list.
- You are required to select the type of scan from the Presets menu.
- Tap on Edit Settings, if you need to modify any basic settings to the preset which is selected.
- Choose Scan and then Scan Next Item to include additional pages or tap on Done.
- You can view the thumbnail version of the scanned items in the left panel and the scanned items can be viewed in the right panel.
- Go with the Edit option in order to change the colors, crop or resize the image.
- Tap on Send which is screened in your window’s bottom and select the Folder where the scans are to be stored on your Mac computer. Store the scan on your Mac by choosing the Send option
- Browse the folder by selecting the Where option and then, tap on Save. Choose the desired folder by selecting the Where option.
- To have a preview of your scanned document, access the folder where you have saved the file and then do a double- tap on the file.
- Numerous documents can be stored as a single PDF file. You have the provision to modify the color, size, quality and the alignments of scans.
Method 2: HP Scan software using OS X 10.11 or earlier
Inspect the printer’s control panel display to know the features that are inbuilt on your printer. Ratify that your Mac computer is installed with the HP Scan software.
HP Scan software
Step1: Confirm that your Mac is installed using the HP Scan Software
- Open Finder and tap on Go to select the Applications.
- Do a double- tap on the HP folder, browse for HP Scan from the search list results and then make use of the prompted instructions.
HP Scan will be displayed in Applications
Step 2: Take a scan of the required documents or photos
Go with the directions given below to take a scan of the required documents or photos.
- Place the documents or photos on the scanner glass with the printed side facing downwards.
- Tap on the Scan option by starting the HP Scan window.
- Identify the name of your HP printer from the Scanner menu, select the desired scan job type from the Presets menu.
- Click the down arrow in the upper-right corner of the window pane to examine or modify the color, quality settings and orientation of scans.
- Click the arrow button to display the scan settings
- To have a glance at the Scanned items, you need to select Continue.
- Proceed with Scan Next Item or Add to include more items or choose Done.
- Tap on the thumbnail version to have a glance at the scanned documents.
- The settings can be modified as per your requirement by tapping on the Edit option.
- The desired location can be selected by using the Where option. Once you are done with finding the desired location to save your files, tap on Save.
- You can see the scans by tapping on the folder where your scans have been saved.
HP Deskjet 2136 Troubleshooting
Slow printing that uses Windows
If your HP printer print speed is sluggish than expected or if it does not meet the speeds noted in the printer specification, follow the instructions given below.
Step 1: Reboot your HP printer
- Power up your printer.
- Stay until your HP printer becomes silent and stationary prior to proceeding.
- Keeping your HP Printer switched on, disconnect the power cable from the printer’s rear.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Stay for at least a minute.
- Plug in the power cable back into the electrical socket.
- Re-connect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on your printer, in case it does not switch on by itself.
- Stay until the warm-up phase gets completed and the printer becomes stable and stationary prior to proceeding.
Attempt to print a sample document. If you are still facing the issue, then perform the next step.
Step 2: Inspect the printer driver settings
Selecting specific paper types or printing in best quality can slow down the print speed of your HP printer.
- Browse in Windows for your printer’s name, and then tap on Devices and Printers in the listed results.
- Do a double-tap on the printer symbol and Set Preferences.
- Find the paper type information.
- From the Paper type area, make certain that Plain paper is chosen.
- From the Quality Settings area, make certain that Draft or Normal is chosen.
- Press Ok or Apply to make sure of the changes, shut down the printer driver window, and then shut the Devices and Printers window.
You can try to print the document again. If the issue still exists, follow the next troubleshooting step.
Step 3: Uninstalling the Printer driver
- If your system is linked to your printer via a USB cable, then unplug the cable from your printer’s hind side.
- Browse in Windows for programs and features, and then choose Programs and Features in the provided listed results.
- Below the installed programs list, pick your printer’s name, and then select Uninstall or Yes.
- Go through the instructions to finish the software removal. Reboot the system.
Step 4: Printer driver reinstallation
Once you uninstall the printer driver, move to our website and look for the printer driver download page.
Follow the instructions on the web page to download and install the updated printer driver.
Try to print a sample document. In case the issue still exists, follow the next step.
Step 5: Upgrade the printer firmware
- Ensure that the printer is on and connected to the system, either via a network or a USB cable.
- Visit our website and then click Software and Driver Downloads, and then enter your printer’s model number.
- Choose your operating system, if necessary.
- Select Firmware, and then select Download.
- In case the firmware section is not listed, a firmware upgrade is not available.
- Select Use HP Download and Install Assistant, select Next, and then select install now.
- In case the serial number is listed, click the printer’s serial number, and then select Update.
- In case the serial number is mentioned in the list but the status is not applicable, the firmware does not need to be upgraded.
- Select Cancel.
- In case the serial number is not listed and the printer is using a network connection, connect using a USB cable, wait for 20 seconds, and then select Refresh.
- Once the updation is completed, select Ok.
- In case you connect a USB cable for a networked printer, then remove the USB printer driver that was included by Windows.
- Find Devices and Printers under Windows, and then open Devices and Printers from the result.
- Right-click on the USB printer device that corresponds to your printer model, and then click on Remove Device.
- Unplug the USB cable, and then reboot the system.
Try to print to sample document. In case the issue still exists, follow the next step.
Step 6: Scrutinize the network status
In case your printer is linked over a wired or wireless network, then there are numerous tips and procedures that rectify your slow printing problems.
- In your system, the wireless signal strength can be examined by choosing the wireless connection symbol in the Windows taskbar. If the signal strength is too low, locate the router, system, and printer close to each other.
- If your printer is connected to the network using an Ethernet cable, ratify that the cable connections are secure.
- Reboot your router by disconnecting it, stay for 10 seconds, and connect the cable again.
Paper Mismatch Error for Windows and Mac
While printing on envelopes or dissimilar paper sizes, one of the following error messages will be prompted on the Printer’s control panel display or on the system:
- Paper Mismatch
- Paper Size Mismatch
The above error message gets screened to make certain that the ink is not wasted, while paper settings in the print driver do not match with the paper that is loaded in the printer feeder tray.
Step 3: Printer Reset
- Power up your HP printer. Stay till the HP Printer becomes inactive and noiseless prior to proceeding.
- Keep your printer in On condition, disconnect the power cord from the printer. Detach the power cord
- Stay for at least a minute. Reconnect the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Plug in the power cord to the printer. Switch on your printer, in case it does not automatically switch on.
- Stay calm till the warm up phase gets over and the printer is muted and hushed.
To acquire more information, consult our technical support team on our toll-free number.
Step 1: Adjust the paper size setting
The paper size needs to be verified to ensure that it matches with the paper you want to print on.
- Choose File, and then tap on Print in the program you want to print from.
- Ratify that your HP printer’s name is in the list or in the Printers drop-down list, and then select Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences.
- Select the Paper or Quality option.
- Choose Advanced if needed, and then tap on Paper Size.
- Choose Ok and if there are no suitable paper sizes, pick the size from the list which is closest to the size of the paper placed in the tray.
- Tap Ok, and then attempt to print. If it fails, go to the next step.
Step 2: Analyze the paper source setting
Take out and replace the paper in the input feeder tray, and then examine the paper source setting.
- Remove all the paper from all the printer’s input feeder trays.
- Change all the paper, and then adjust the paper width guides so they smoothly rest against the edge of the paper stack.
- Access the document that you need to print, click File, and then tap on Print.
- Make certain that the HP printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list, and then select Properties Printer Properties or Preferences.
- Choose the Paper or Quality option, and then tap on Paper Source to pick the correct tray.
- Tap on Ok, and then attempt to print the sample document.