123.hp.com/dj2540 Printer Instant Support
- This 123.hp.com/dj2540 White printer has a steeply raked front display. The flattened round edges give a nice look to the HP Deskjet 2540 wireless setup printer.
- The control panel consists of six buttons that is fixed on the top of the case, included with three LEDs and an LCD display that has icons for connection facilities.
- A single USB Socket is at the hind side of the printer.
- Print quality is high.
- Enabled with www hp com eprint dj2540, AirPrint and Wireless Direct.
- Designed with how to scan on HP Deskjet 2540 to mobile device feature.
- Speedy HP Deskjet 2540 wireless setup connection.
- High yield cartridges and they are standard.
- Low in price.
- Uncomplicated controls and LCD.
- Copy quality is superior.
- Ease of setup and use.
- Refilling the cartridge is fiddly.
- Pictures don’t fill 15 * 10 photos.
- Lack of NFC support.
This is a stylish little all-in-one, which aims at the mobile generation. It can work with both Android and iOS devices. Various built-in technologies are provided with the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer.
Configuring up your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer for the first time
To configure your HP printer for the preliminary stage, remove all packing materials, attach the power cord, install the ink cartridges, and then paper in the feeder tray and solve HP Deskjet 2540 how to scan.
Unpack HP Deskjet 2540 Printer From the Box
The printer is taken out from the box, all tapes, stickers, and packing materials should be eradicated from the printer.
- The printer is to be taken out from the box.
- All tapes and packing materials should be discarded from the outside of the printer.
- Lower the output tray.
- By using your hands, grasp the handle of your printer, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- Get rid of all the tapes and packing materials from the printer’s interior.
- The ink cartridge access door is shut down.
- Make sure that you have taken out all the hardware and materials from the packing prior to eliminating or recycling the box and packing materials.
The power cable is attached and then power up the HP printer
Bind the printer’s cable to a power socket to power up the printer.
- The power cable is attached to the hind side of the printer, and then the other end of the power cord is linked into an electrical power point.
- Power up the printer by using the Power button.
- The ink cartridges are fixed into its place
- Fix the HP ink cartridges which were sent along with your printer box.
- Clutch the handle and raise the ink cartridge access door in order to access it.
- This makes the carriage slide to the printer’s midst.
- You need to stay idle until your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer becomes motionless prior to proceeding.
- One of the ink cartridges is unsealed from its packaging. Be alert to hold only the black plastic cover which is attached to the ink cartridge.
- The plastic tape needs to be discarded.
- Press the ink cartridge by its sides in such a way that the nozzles need to be close to the HP Deskjet 2540 wireless setup printer, and then mount the ink cartridge into its correct slot.
- The black ink cartridge is fixed into the right slot and the tri –color ink cartridge is fixed into the left slot.
- The fresh ink cartridge should be smoothly placed at an escalating angle into the empty slot, and then the ink cartridge should be gently pressed until it snaps into its place.
- To mount the other ink cartridges, you need to follow the same steps.
- The ink cartridge access door should be lowered for HP Deskjet 2540 how to scan.
Paper is loaded into the input feeder tray
Load the fresh sheets of paper in the feeder tray and subsequently install the ink cartridges.
- The input tray is opened.
- Slide out the paper width guide as to the left.
- Place fresh sheets of paper into the input feeder tray such that the print side faces you. Thrust the stack into the tray until it clicks into its place.
- Swipe the paper-width guide to the right until it rests at the edge of the paper.
- Lower the output tray, and then tug out the output tray extender.
After placing fresh sheets of paper, the printer prints an alignment page on its own.
123 HP Setup Deskjet 2540 Printer USB Setup for Windows and Mac
Step 1 : Concoct for the printer USB setup
The requirements are scrutinized and eliminate the earlier versions of driver software, in case they are installed previously from Windows, in order to prep up your printer for the USB connection setup and HP Deskjet 2540 print driver installation.
- The following requirements and items are to be examined prior to proceeding
- The HP Deskjet 2540 wireless setup printer is powered on.
- Obtain a USB cable which is not more than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.
- In your computer, there needs to be an obtainable USB port: If you bind via a USB hub or docking station, the HP printer may not acquire the adequate power to function appropriately.
- In case you attached the USB cable to your system previously. If you linked the USB cable to the computer before setting up the HP driver, make use of these steps to eradicate the printer from the installed devices to aid ensure a worthwhile setup. Else, directly follow the next procedure which instructs about installing the driver.
- Unbind the printer USB cable from the computer. Until you are instructed to couple the cable never couple it at the time of driver installation step.
- Browse in Windows for ‘devices’, and then pick the Devices and Printers control panel setting in the options.
- Right-tap on your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer model symbol, and then pick Remove device. If you are viewing numerous printer symbols in the list, then eradicate them all.
- Shut down the Devices and Printers window, and then pursue doing the next step.
Step 2 : The driver is installed and prep up your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer for the connection – Windows
Download and install the best accessible HP Deskjet 2540 print driver to complete the USB setup connection.
- Navigate in our website, enter the model number of your printer, and then go through the onscreen prompts to install your driver software. Based on the model of your printer, the driver installation app HP Easy Start may commence installing.
- HP Easy Start app or a driver begins downloading, the on-screen prompts are used to commence with the downloaded file to initiate the setup. When you are provoked to choose a connection type, pick USB. There is no need to carry on with the succeeding steps in this section if the setup you have done is successful.
- In case you cannot see your printer name in the list, then the download may have failed, continue with the following steps to install a driver from our website.
- Reach our web page, enter the model number of your HP Deskjet 2540 wireless setup printer, if the process continuous, and then examine whether the operating system version is correct.
- Under Driver-Product Installation Software, pick Download which is followed by the full feature HP Deskjet 2540 print driver, and then go through the on-screen instructions to employ the suggested HP Download and Install Assistant or tap Download only to save and run the driver file from your computer.
- When you are prompted by the installer, select USB to pursue with and complete the setup and HP Deskjet 2540 how to scan.
Install the HP Deskjet 2540 print driver for Mac
- When provoked by the installer to select a printer connection option, choose USB.
- In the Install screen, make certain that HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is prudently chosen, if your HP printer has a scanner to allow full scan functionality for how to scan on HP Deskjet 2540.
- When interrupted by the installer, pick Add Printerto generate a print queue on the Mac.
- Now, you can access the Add window.
- Select the name of your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer, select the Use or Print Using menu, pick the name of your printer from the pull-down menu, and then pick Add.
- Revert to the HP installer screen to finish the installation.
Setting up your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer for HP ePrint
www hp com eprint dj2540 application makes printing simple from anywhere with an active Internet connection. The document or photo which are in email can be printed merely by emailing to the email address assigned to your HP Deskjet 2540 printer. Configure and employ ePrint on your HP ePrint enabled printer.
Step 1 : The requisites are put together
The Deskjet printer needs to satisfy some of the requisites prior to setting up your printer for HP eprint setup. HP ePrint can be employed by your printer only when the requisites are met.
- Initially, make sure that the HP printer which you bought assists www hp com eprint dj2540.
- Your computer needs to be linked with any of wired (Ethernet) or HP Deskjet 2540 wireless setup network that has an Internet access, so that ePrint can be used.
- Your Deskjet 2540 printer needs to be established with a connection to the Internet.
If a wireless button is attached to your HP Deskjet 2540 wireless setup printer and a blue light is attached on the front panel, make certain that the wireless light is enabled and not flashing.
Step 2 : Web Services is configured on your HP Printer
By using Embedded Web Server, you can transfer the messages via the Internet using www hp com eprint dj2540 or you can enable Web Services from your printer’s control panel.
HP ePrint can be used only when you enable Web Services and you upgrade the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer firmware occasionally below Driver download section.
- Tap or click the HP ePrint icon or button on your printer’s display.
- If you were unable to find the HP ePrint symbol or button on your printer’s display, head into the Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to find the Web Services menu.
- When an interrupt message appears to activate Web Services or to configure www hp com eprint dj2540, tap or click the Turn On, Enable or Setup option based on the printer’s display. Update the printer firmware when provoked, then click OK. Go through the succeeding instructions on the computer display and then proceed with the next procedure.
- If you have turned on Web Services in your printer, the Web Services Summary screen or connected status gets screened.
Then, choose Print Info to attain an information sheet, and then proceed to do the next www hp com eprint dj2540 step.
Step 3 : The email address of your HP Deskjet 2540 printer is to be noted
After enabling Web Services, the printer commences printing the Make the Most of Your Printer or Important Printer Setup Instructions page. Stay till the printer completes the printing task. The information page contains stuff about Web Services and it will be printed by your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer. The page also includes the printer’s email address or the printer claim code HP Deskjet 2540.
A delay may occur while printing the information page. Once you have activated web services, if the info page fails to print pause for about 5 to 10 minutes. If the printer still did not expel out the printed sheet, then deactivate Web Services and then activate it again to acquire a new information page.
Find your printer’s email address in the screened information page. Then comma go ahead with the next step.
In the information page, if you are unable to view the email address of your printer, then your claim code HP Deskjet 2540 is the HP Deskjet 2540 how to scan printer email address.
HP Deskjet 2540 Connect to WiFi Direct
HP Deskjet 2540 wifi setup Direct provides a direct HP Deskjet 2540 wireless setup connection to your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer that allows you to print and it does not need to join to a local network or be linked with the Internet. When you activate how to connect HP Deskjet 2540 to wifi Direct on your printer, you can steadfastly print documents or photos from a numerous number of Wi-Fi enabled computers and mobile devices. The technology is alike to Bluetooth, but employs Wi-Fi to function at superior distances and swift speeds.
After you connect HP Deskjet 2540 to wifi Direct on your printer and Wi-Fi on your Android mobile phone or tablet, directly pick DIRECT-xx-HP from the activated printers list to print.
- Download the updated version of the HP Print Service Plugin or Mopria Print Service on your Android mobile device. You can also download this plug-in software from the Google Play Store or another Android app provider, apt to your region.
- Power on HP Deskjet 2540 connect to wifi direct on your HP Deskjet 2540 wireless setup printer.
- For printers that are designed with a control panel, tap the Wi-Fi Direct symbol to display the name and HP Deskjet 2540 password provided to your Wi-Fi Direct.
- For printers that are designed without a control panel, click on the Information button in order to print a report that encompasses the name and password of your Wi-Fi Direct.
- If the printer is not provided with an Information button, choose and hold the Resume button for 2 seconds to print a report that has both the Wi-Fi Direct name and HP Deskjet 2540 wireless password.
- If the option parades, select Automatic to print without the need of a password, or pick Manual to inspect the print job from the printer or to acquire a password.
- In your sustained Android device, choose Settings > Wi-Fi and make certain that it is powered On . There is no need to be connected to a HP Deskjet 2540 wifi setup network.
- The photo or document that you wish to print is selected, and then Print from the app menu is clicked, or the Share option from an app is used to direct the content to the print plugin.
- Examine that DIRECT-xx-HP parades your printer on the print plugin settings display. If some other printer name gets displayed, then the name is to be clicked to view a list of available printers, and then select DIRECT-xx-HP.
- Try to Print.
HP Deskjet 2540 connect to wifi Direct feature on the printer using of the Add a Device wizard on a Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 computer.
- Make certain that the HP Deskjet 2540 print driver is installed on the computer or laptop.
- Power up your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer and how to connect HP Deskjet 2540 to wifi direct.
- Printers that are designed with a control panel will have a Wi-Fi Direct symbol, click it, then view the Wi-Fi Direct name and PIN.
- For printers without a printer display control panel, click the Information button to print a report that contains both connect HP Deskjet 2540 to wifi Direct name and PIN.
- If your printer is not provided with an Information symbol, tap and press the Resume button for 2 seconds in order to print a report that holds the name and HP Deskjet 2540 password of your HP Deskjet 2540 connect to wifi Direct.
- In the computer, browse for Devices and Printers, and then pick it from the available results.
- Pick Add a Device, tap DIRECT-xx-HP from the list of available printers, and then choose Next.
- Index in with the PIN code when suggested in the Add a Device wizard on the computer, and then pick Next to complete the wholesome setup procedure.
123 HP Setup Deskjet 2540 Troubleshooting
123 HP Setup Deskjet 2540 Ink Cartridge Errors
The printer does not expel the printed sheets, if any of the common error prompts gets displayed on the computer screen:
- Incompatible Cartridges
- Cartridges Misplaced
When all the Ink Level icons on the HP Deskjet 2540 wireless setup printer display are sporadic, and the Ink Alert light is always on or irregular, then perform the following troubleshooting steps and also for HP Deskjet 2540 how to scan.
Step 1 : Make sure that the ink cartridges are well-suited
Have a glance at our website to inspect the ink or toner cartridge compatibility or buy extra cartridges and other supplies.
- Navigate to our website.
- If needed, pick your country/region.
- The on-screen instructions are used to purchase new supplies or monitor cartridge compatibility with your printer.
In case mounting, compatible genuine HP ink cartridges did not repair the problem, directly proceed the next step.
Step 2 : Make certain that the ink cartridges are appropriately installed
- Power up the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer.
- The ink cartridge access door is opened.
- The carriage moves to the middle of your printer.
- Smoothly press down on the ink cartridge to release it, and then press the ink cartridge with required pressure and free it from its slot.
- Inspect for and discard any protective tape from the nozzles of the ink cartridge.
- Clutch the ink cartridge by its sides with the contacts, and then slightly press the ink cartridge until it snaps into its place.
- The same steps are to be repeated for the other ink cartridges, if needed.
- The ink cartridge access door should be closed.
Make an effort to print again. If the issue persists, you can directly go to the next step.
Step 3 : Wipe the electrical contacts and clean it
- Gather the following materials to wipe your contacts
- Wipe, dry foam rubber swabs or a clean, lint-free cloth
- Distilled or bottled water is to be used.
- The ink cartridge access door should be opened.
- The carriage moves to the middle of the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer.
- Any cords which are linked to the printer should be disconnected, the power cable and USB cable.
- Press and pull the ink cartridge to free it, and then tug the ink cartridge towards you to eliminate it from its slot.
- The ink cartridge is to be clutched by its sides.
- The copper-colored contacts are inspected for toner and remain
- Wipe the contacts using a dry cloth or lint-free swab till they are free from debris. Wiping should be done very gently.
- Your dry cloth or lint-free swab moistened lightly using distilled water. Squeeze out the excess liquid, and after this clear the dirt from the contacts.
- Moderately dampen the new clean swab or lint-free cloth using the distilled water, and then remove the dirt that is settled inside the electrical contacts in the carriage.
- Be immobile until the ink cartridge and carriage contacts are dried completely, prior to proceeding.
- The ink cartridge handled by its sides with the contacts placed close to the printer, the ink cartridge fixed into its slot appropriately, and then the ink cartridges are pressed smoothly until it fits into its place.
- These steps are used again to clean the dirt and then the other color ink cartridges are inserted.
- Lock the ink cartridge access door.
- Link the power cord or USB cable to the printer again, if needed.
- Power up the HP Deskjet 2540 wireless setup printer if it does not power on by itself.
- Try to print. If the error exists then directly go to the next step.
Step 4 : Eliminate and reinsert the ink cartridges again
Recap the steps, you have performed before in this document to take out and then reinsert the ink cartridges.
- Try to print. If the error persists, go to the next step.
Step 5 : Wipe the ink cartridge contacts over
Wiping the dirt that is present in the ink cartridge contacts can be a solution to solve this issue. The steps that you have done earlier in this document to wipe the contacts should be performed again.
- Try to print. If the error continues, go to the next step.
Step 6 : Reorganize the printer
Recommencing the printer can resolute an ink cartridge error on HP Deskjet 2540 how to scan.
- Power on the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer.
- Keeping the printer switched on, isolate the power cable from the back of the printer.
- Pause for at least 10 seconds.
- Relink the power cord to the back of the printer.
- Switch on the printer, if it does not power on by itself.
- After the warm-up period gets over, the printer light may flicker and the carriage may move.
- Stay till the warm-up period gets over and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Attempt to print. If the error continues, go to the next step.
Step 7 : Download a new ink cartridge
- The printer is to be turned on.
- The ink cartridge access door is opened.
- The carriage moves to the center of the printer.
- Gently push and drag the ink cartridge to release it from its place. Then the ink cartridge is taken out from its place.
- Open the new ink cartridge from its bundle. Be careful while grabbing the ink cartridge, you need to hold the only black plastic region.
- Discard the plastic tape from the ink cartridge.
- Grasp the ink cartridge by its sides with the contacts placed close to the printer, mount the ink cartridge into its place, and then smoothly thrust on the ink cartridge until it snaps into place.
- Follow the same steps for the other color ink cartridge, if needed.
- The ink cartridge access door is closed.
Step 8 : Fix the ink cartridges appropriately
For supreme print quality, pick your operating system to arrange the ink cartridges in a correct line.
After aligning the ink cartridges, the printer is prepped up to print, copy, and how to scan on HP Deskjet 2540.
Step 9 : Examine the printer.
After performing all the preceding steps and if you are still facing the problem with your ink cartridge, then your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer has to be serviced.