123.hp.com/dj2620 Printer Quick Support
The 123.hp.com/dj2620 is an All-in-One multi-function printer that suits home users or small offices. With 123 HP Deskjet 2620 wireless connectivity, perform printing operations from any compatible wireless devices. Call our Toll-free number for information on your hp dj2620 printer-related issues.
123 HP 2620 Printer Setup
- 123 HP Deskjet 2620 Setup for Copy resolution up to 600 x 300 dpi
- 123 HP Deskjet 2620 Setup for Has an integrated memory of 512 MB DDR3 and 256 flash memory
- 123 HP Deskjet 2620 Setup for Apple AirPrint and HP ePrint compatibility
- 123 HP Deskjet 2620 Setup for Maximum input capacity of 60 sheets and output capacity of 25 sheets
- 123 HP Deskjet 2620 Setup for 2 premium ink cartridges with 1 black and 1 Tri-color
- 123 HP Deskjet 2620 Setup for Scan resolution of up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
HP wireless printer Deskjet 2620 Features
- The 123.hp.com/dj2620 is loaded with many features to cater to the needs of the user
- Its compact size allows the user to place it any place
- Cloud Print enables the user to schedule his/her tasks from anywhere
- Auto-enlarge feature available in copier settings
- Wireless connectivity helps to print from any compatible device
First Time 123.hp.com/dj2620 Printer Setup
If the user is unboxing the 123.hp.com/dj2620 printer for the first time, then it is recommended to read the whole manual carefully before setting up.
Step 1: 123 HP DJ2620 Printer Unpacking
The package unboxing must be done on a flat and spacious surface so that the components can be identified easily for the setup.
Take all the elements out from the box and remove the sealed tapes. Remove the tapes which are present inside the cartridge access area and on the scanner glass.
Step 2: verify contents of shipment
The package will contain a USB connector, two ink cartridges, power cord, user manual and a driver installation CD. Unwrap the ink cartridges.
Step 3: Paper Tray is loaded
Extend the paper tray and load paper in it. Glide the paper width guides against the paper till they rest on them.
Step 4: Power cord connection
Connect one end of the power cord to the rear of the printer and the other end to the power outlet.
Step 5: Cartridge installation
A protective tape is present under the nozzles of the ink cartridge. Remove the cartridge and lift the access door to and load them.
Step 6: Driver HP Deskjet 2620 software installation
Software installation can be done through the CD that is provided with the package. Insert the CD and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the instructions.
123 HP DJ2620 Driver Installation
The 123.hp.com/dj2620 drivers and software are provided in the CD that are provided with the package while purchasing. Drivers play a significant part in establishing a connection between the printer and the other compatible devices. With the help of the USB cable, the driver installation can be done from the computer.
Run the Setup file from the website
- Our website provides the necessary drivers software to be installed on your computer depending upon the OS.
- Press the 123.hp.com/dj2620 Driver Download button with a download icon on it to start the process. The download process will start on pressing.
- Go to the Downloads folder in the hard drive and double click on the installation file. The installation setup will open.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the process.
Run the Setup file from the disc
- Insert the software installation CD which is provided with the package.
- The 123.hp.com/dj2620 installation process should start automatically after inserting.
- If the installation window doesn’t appear, open the CD/DVD drive on your computer and double click on the installation file to start the process.
- Follow the instructions displayed and set your preferences to complete the installation setup.
- Call our Toll-free number if you have any issues while installing the drivers.
123 HP Deskjet 2620 Manual Download Steps
- The user can manually download the 123.hp.com/dj2620 drivers for his\her OS from our website. Click on the Download button and save the file.
- Before the installation, make sure to disconnect the connection of the USB cable from the PC to the printer.
- Go to the Downloads folder on your drive and double click on the drivers file to run the installation setup.
- Connect the 123 HP Deskjet 2620 Setup printer to the computer to start printing. Sometimes the printer may not respond to the user’s commands or may malfunction if the drivers are not updated properly.
- Therefore it is mandatory to update the drivers regularly.
123 HP DJ2620 USB Printer Setup
The USB connector plays a major role in the setting up of the printer with the computer. The USB has to be connected to the computer and the printer to complete the setup.
123 HP DJ2620 USB Printer Setup Windows
Step 1: Prepare the printer
Check the cable before inserting into the system. If the cable is broken or damaged, change the cable immediately since the printer may malfunction. It is easy to distinguish between the printer and the computer connector.
Before connecting, make sure that the printer device is ON. The printer connector is smaller than the computer connector. It has to be connected to the rear of the printer. Connect the computer connector to one of the USB ports of the computer.
Step 2: USB Driver installation
The USB drivers can be installed through the software installation CD. Insert the CD into the CD/DVD drive and the installation will start automatically. If it doesn’t start, open the CD drive on your computer and double-click on it to start the process.
123 HP DJ2620 USB Printer Setup Mac
Step 1 : Preparing the printer for USB setup
- Turn ON the printer and wait till it becomes idle. Connect one end of the USB cable to the rear of the 123 HP Deskjet 2620 Setup printer and connect the other end to the Mac computer.
- The cable is provided within the printer package while purchasing.
Step 2 :Driver installation and connection steps
- Click on the 123.hp.com/dj2620 Driver button provided on this site. According to your OS download the driver file. Before downloading, a prompt will appear asking whether to Save or Run the file.
- Click on Save to download and save the file on to your PC. After the download process, go to the Downloads folder on your Mac system and double-click on the file to start the installation.
- Select USB as the network connection mode when prompted. Use HP Easy Start program to know more about connecting the USB or call our Toll-free number for more information.
HP Deskjet 2620 How to Scan steps (123.hp.com/setup):
- 123 HP Setup 2620 Scanning can be done either from the computer or directly from the control panel of the 123.hp.com/dj2620 printer.
- 123 HP Setup 2620 Scan from the computer to scan multiple documents and change the file format or edit and set any preferences.
- 123 HP Setup 2620 Scan from the printer to scan one page to an image file. Load the paper on the scanner glass and select Scan from the 123.hp.com/setup printer Home screen.
- Select 123 HP Setup 2620 scan to computer and select the computer to which you want to scan.
- If you want to scan from the computer, go to the Start menu in a Windows computer and enter the printer name. Open the 123 HP Deskjet 2620 Setup printer software and click on Scan.
- Select the document or photo to be scanned in 123.hp.com/setup printer. Select the type pf scan. Click on Save or Done to continue or exit the application respectively.
123 HP DJ2620 Duplex printing
Duplex printing comes very much into use if you are trying to print large documents and want prints on both side of the paper.
123 HP DJ2620 Duplex printing Windows
- Load blank paper into the input tray. Make sure enough paper are loaded since you do not want a paper issue while printing large jobs.
- Open the document that has to be printed and click on the File menu and then click Print.
- From the list, choose the name of the printer and click on Printer Properties and choose Preferences.
- The Preferences option may also be displayed as Printer Setup in some computers. Choose the available option.
- The next tab will display the printing options. Under the Printing Shortcut select Print on Both sides or Two-sided printing.
- If the above settings are not available, then click on Layout, Features, or the Finishing tab depending on whatever is displayed on the screen.
- Click on Print on Both Sides and select the binding or page flip option if available.
- Click on OK and set the other preferences and finally click on Print.
123 HP DJ2620 Duplex printing Mac
- Open the document which is to be printed on both the sides on your Mac computer.
- Select the Layout option from the Print dialog.
- Then, choose Long-Edge binding from the Two-Sided menu. This will enable double-sided printing for this print job only.
- To save this as the default setting, create a print options preset. On the Preset menu, click on the Save As option.
- Name the file and then click on OK. This will save all of the currently selected print options as a preset.
- Then select the new preset from the Preset menu. The setting will become default preset once a print is performed with the current duplex printing preset.
HP Deskjet 2620 Wireless Setup steps (123.hp.com/setup):
- 123 HP Setup 2620 wireless connetion, the user has to know the Network name or the SSID and the Network password to connect wirelessly to a network.
- The 123.hp.com/setup software installation CD comes with the printer package. Insert the CD into the CD/DVD drive and start the installation setup.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process. Now connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Touch the 123.hp.com/setup Wireless icon on the Home screen of the 123 HP Deskjet 2620 Setup printer. Touch the Setup icon. Open Wireless Settings and then tap Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your network from the list and start printing. Call our Toll-free number if there is any issue while establishing a 123 HP Setup 2620 wireless network.
HP Deskjet 2620 Ink Cartridges
123 HP DJ2620 Printing with black ink only
Although the Deskjet 2620 printer has a black and a color cartridge, some users may want to print from black cartridge only. The following are the steps provided perform printing with Black ink only.
123 HP DJ2620 Printing with black ink Windows
Print Only Black for one Print Job
- Open the document which you want to print. From the File menu, click on the Print option or click on the Print icon present in the toolbar.
- Choose your printer from the list of printers available. Click Printer Properties. The next window appears with the set of various customizing options.
- Open the Settings option and select the Black Ink Only. Then open the Advanced tab and choose Black and White option. Click on OK to save the settings.
Printing in black for all print jobs
- If you want to print all the pages and all the prints in Black,go to the Print Settings menu. Under the Print Preferences expand the Advanced tab.
- Choose Black Ink Only option under the Grayscale section. Choose Black and White option and choose All Prints option to perform this action for all the prints.
123 HP DJ2620 Printing with black ink Mac
Printing in black for one print job
- Open the document or photo to be printed from on the Mac computer. Open the File option present in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on Show Details in the following window. Open the Grayscale option from the Paper Type section. Choose Black Ink Only to print with black ink only for the document.
- Go to Grayscale and select Draft. Choose High Quality to increase the print quality or clarity.
Printing in black for all print jobs
- If you want to perform black ink printing for all the print jobs then go to the grayscale option and choose Black Only. Save the settings in the Presents list menu.
123 HP Deskjet 2620 Troubleshooting
- Printing issues steps
- Ink Cartridges issues
123 HP DJ2620 Printing issues
- The first step to troubleshoot a 123.hp.com/dj2620 printer issue is to restart the printer and the router.
- Mostly this will re-establish the connection issue.
- Check the status of the printer’s wireless light on the control panel to determine if there is a connection between the printer and the router.
- If the wireless light doesn’t flash, then there is an error.
- Print a Wireless page test report to identify the exact problem.
- The connection might have an interference if there are several networks connected to the same channel.
- Use of more than one router can cause connectivity issues.
123 HP DJ2620 Ink cartridges issues
- There are several points to be noted while installing or using the HP ink cartridges.
- Do not install the cartridges if you have no knowledge about them. Read the user manual carefully before installing them.
- Do not keep the cartridges in the open for a long time once they are unwraped because this might dry up the ink soon.
- If a cartridge error is displayed, lift the scanner part and re-seat the cartridges and close the scanner panel.
- Before inserting, check if there are any protective tapes sealed on the ink nozzle. Is so, then remove them.
123 HP DJ2620 Printer not found during network setup
Poor network range and corrupt drivers can be the case for network issues related with the 123 HP Deskjet 2620 Setup printer. Follow the steps below to establish a connection.
Step 1: Restart all the devices
The first step to follow is to restart the computer, the printer and the router device. Disconnect the power cord from the printer and re-connect it after 60 seconds. The printer will turn ON automatically.
Step 2: Check the network connection
Check if the printer and the computer are connected on the same network. Make sure that the printer is placed close to the router to get full connectivity range. Check if the Airplane mode in your system is turned OFF.
Step 3: Run HP Print and Scan Doctor
The HP Print and Scan Doctor application is useful to troubleshoot most of the printer issues. It is available only for Windows. Download the software from the manufacture site and run the scan.
Step 4: Disable the Firewall and Anti-virus
Firewall or the Anti-virus settings in your system might block the printer signal. Change the Firewall settings temporarily and allow the software and change the settings back to normal.
Step 5: uninstall and re-install the driver software
If the problem persists despite many troubleshooting methods, then uninstall the whole software and drivers and re-install them. Download and install them from our website and try running the printer.