HP DESKJET 2652 PRINTER SETUP
The HP Deskjet printer has the capability to Print, Copy, and Scan. Get connected and start printing your document faster from the smartphone or tablet. You can place your printer wherever you want with this compact design. Avail high quality prints with the HP Deskjet 2652 printer. This printer is an Energy Star Certified printer.
- The printer’s paper handling capacity: 60-sheets input tray and 25-sheets output tray.
- The printer’s maximum printing speed for black is up to 7.5ppm and for color is up to 5.5ppm.
- Supported paper size: Letter; legal; 4×6 in; 5×7 in; 8×10 in; No. 10 envelopes
- With the Wi-Fi Direct option, connect your smartphone directly to the printer and print without a network.
- The printer’s connectivity option: A wireless and USB network connection.
- Use AirPrint to print wirelessly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Easily manage the printing tasks and scan your document on the go with the help of HP all in One Printer Remote app.
First time printer setup
Printer setup is the most important process. Without setting up the printer, you cannot use it to print. Go through the tips that are given below to easily setup the HP Deskjet 2652 printer.
Step 1: Verify the contents of the shipment box
- Ensure that you have received all the printer accessories. The contents might vary based on the country or region.
Step 2: Unlade the printer
- Take off a new HP DeskJet 2540 printer and its components from the shipment box and position it on a flat surface. Peel off the seal and padding materials from the printer.
Step 3: Connect the printer
- Plug-in the power cord to the posterior side of the printer and the other end of the power cord to the wall outlet.
- From the printer’s control panel, tap the Power button to power it on.
Step 4: Place paper into the input tray
- Place plain white paper into the input tray of the printer. After placing the paper, based on the paper size, adjust the paper width guides.
- Prior to loading the paper, check whether that the papers are aligned well.
Step 5: Insert the ink cartridges
- Remove a new cartridge from its packing material. Peel off the plastic tape by pulling the orange tab out from the top of the cartridge.
- Ensure that you do not touch the electrical contacts of the cartridge.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Place the tri-color cartridge into the left side of the slot and then insert the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot.
- After inserting the cartridges, lock the cartridge access door.
Step 6: Printer software installation
- Download and install the latest driver and software for the printer. Install the software on the computer where you have saved the documents for printing.
HP Printer Driver Installation
A driver is most important for all the devices to operate well. Each operating system has a unique software. There are two methods to install the driver on the computer. Follow the guides that are mentioned below to install the driver.
Run the setup file from the website
- Find the Driver Download option from this website and select it to get the full feature driver and software for the printer.
- For Windows operating system, you have to download the .exe file type and for Mac OS, download the .dmg file type.
- Once completing the download process, you have to start the installation process.
- Install the downloaded software on the computer where you have saved the documents for Printing, Copying, and Scanning.
- During the installation process, you are prompted to choose the connection type, select the preferred connection type, based on the printer compatibility.
- Complete the installation by following the guides that are displayed on the screen.
Run the setup file from the disc
- Make use the installation CD that came with the printer to install the printer driver.
- Power on the computer where you need to install the software. Ensure that the CD is free from dust and scratch.
- Open the computer’s disc drive and place the CD into it. Based on the instructions, run and execute the setup file.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions, click Continue–> Next–> Done.
- After completing the installation, try printing a sample document using the printer to check its performance.
- For any queries, contact our technical support team at the toll-free number.
USB Printer Setup
A USB connection is secure and faster. The guides that are given below will help you to connect the HP Deskjet 2652 printer and computer via a USB cable.
Step 1: Prep for the printer setup
- Tap the power button to switch on the HP Deskjet 2652 printer.
- Get a USB cable that is less than 3m in length that came with the printer.
- Verify if there is an available USB port on your Windows computer.
- Exclude the printer from the installed device in case you have previously installed it.
- From the Windows computer, unplug the USB cable and do not relink it until the installation prompts.
- Find devices from Windows and then select Devices and Printer from the list of results.
- Right-click on the printer’s icon and select the Remove device option.
- Ensure that you remove multiple printers from the list and then close the Devices and Printers window.
Step 2: Install the driver and setup the connection
- You need to download and install the latest driver and software on the Windows computer.
- process successfully.
During the installation, you are prompted to choose the connection type. Select USB as the connection and complete the installation
Step 1: Make an arrangement for the printer setup
- Tap the printer’s Power button to power on your printer.
- Obtain a USB cable that less than 3 meters in length.
- Unlink the USB cable from your Mac device and do not link it back unless the driver installation instructs you to.
Step 2: Install the printer software and set up the connection
- Download and .dmg file type and install it on the Mac device where you have saved the files for printing.
- Select USB to choose the connection type when instructed by the installer.
- Use the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process successfully.
Use the HP Deskjet 2652 printer to print a document on both sides of the page. Configure a print job so that you can easily print both sides of the page.
- Open the document that you need to print, select File and then choose Print.
- Choose your printer’s name and then select Printer Properties, Preferences, or Printer Setup.
- You can view the Document Properties or Printing Preferences window.
- Find the Print on Both Sides or Two-sided printing option and then based on the needs choose either a binding or page flip option.
- Select Ok and then click on the Print option. For details, contact our technical experts at the toll-free number.
- Access the document that you would like to print, choose File–> Show Details.
- Find a Two-Sided selection box. Based on the type of paper tray, you have to choose the page settings.
- Based on the printer type, choose one of the following settings from the Page Order menu:
- For rear loading paper tray, you need to select Automatic.
- For Front loading paper tray, choose Reverse.
- Select Print. For any queries, consult our technical team at the toll-free number.
Printing with black ink only
To print a document or photo with black or grayscale, modify the settings in the HP Deskjet 2652 printer software to reduce the usage of color ink.
- Access the printing software on your Windows computer. A welcome screen gets displayed. Select Print on the welcome screen.
- From the list of available printers, choose the HP Deskjet 2652 printer.
- Now, you can view the Printer Properties dialog box. Select the printing options at the bottom of the dialog box.
- From the Properties window, choose Page or Quality.
- Change the settings that are mentioned below, to print with only black ink.
- Select Advanced, click Print in Grayscale and then choose Black Ink Only.
- Press the Black and White button.
- Modify any one of the settings that are mentioned below, to print with high quality black & white document.
- Choose Advanced -> Print in Grayscale and then click Print in Grayscale or High Quality
- Select Print in Grayscale and then choose High Quality Grayscale from the options.
- Tap OK and then click Print to start the print job.
- Modify the print settings to print with black ink only for single print jobs.
- Access the document that you want to print from your Mac computer.
- Select File from the menu and then click on the Print option. Check whether that your HP Deskjet 2652 printer is chosen prior to printing.
- In case the options are not displayed on the Print dialog box, select Show Details.
- From the Paper Type or Quality window, select the Color option, and then choose Grayscale.
- The Grayscale Mode option gets displayed. To print a document with black ink only, click on the Black Ink Only option.
- To print the document with multiple shades of gray, select Grayscale.
- To get high quality black & white documents and photos, choose High Quality.
- Select Print and try printing a sample document from your Mac.
Printer not found during network setup
If you find that the printer’s control panel displays the printer not found during network setup issue, check the status of the connection and follow the steps that are listed below to resolve it.
Step 1: Restart the printer and computer
- Unplug the power cord from the router, power off the HP Deskjet 2652 printer and shut down the Windows computer after closing all the programs that are running currently.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds and then re-link the power to the router, power on the HP Deskjet 2652 printer, and turn on the Windows computer.
- Try to install the printer software and driver on the Windows computer.
Step 2: Verify the printer connection status
- Check whether that the HP Deskjet 2652 printer is ready for the network setup based on the network connection type; either a Wired or wireless connection.
- Ensure that the printer and computer are connected to the same network. If not, connect it.
- Verify that the router operates at the 2.4 GHz frequency band.
Step 3: Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your device.
- After installing the tool, open it and then click Start on the Welcome screen.
- If you couldn’t find the printer in the list, ensure that the printer is powered on and connected to the network, select My printer is not listed and choose Retry.
- Choose the printer from the list and then select Next. Follow the on-screen instructions to fix and resolve the issue.