HP DESKJET 2655 SETUP
The All-in-One printer removes the complications of your everyday printing needs. HP DeskJet 2655 printer lets you print from a variety of smartphones and tablets. It includes features such as print, copy and scan. The compact printer can fit anywhere you like.
- It has a print speed up to 7.5 ppm for monochrome and up to 5.5 ppm for color.
- The output tray has a capacity up to 25 sheets.
- The monthly duty cycle of the printer is up to 1000 pages.
- The scanner is a flatbed type with a resolution up to 1200 dpi.
- Connect the printer to either a Wi-Fi network or a USB cable.
- It follows Thermal Inkjet Printing technology.
- Save energy and resources with this ENERGY STAR printer.
- Unbox the printer, then form the connections and then install the ink cartridges that came in the box with your HP printer.
- Discard the plastic tape from the new cartridge, then place it into its slot and then push the ink cartridge until it snaps into place.
- Close the ink cartridge access door and then insert the paper into the paper tray.
- Now, try to print to check the status of the printer.
USB Printer Setup for HP Deskjet 2655
Configure your printer for a USB cable connection to a system which is running on a Windows operating system. To avail the most supported features from a USB connected printer, you can install the full feature HP driver.
Configure your printer for a USB connection to a Mac device. To avail most supported features from a USB connected printer, install the full feature printer driver.
Google Cloud Print
You can print your documents securely from any mobile devices or network-enabled devices using Google Cloud Print. The prompts to setup the app are provided below.
- Check if you have a system running on Chrome, Linux, OS X v10.7 or later and Mac OS or later or Chromebook.
- Once you verify that you have a Google account, connect your system and the Google Cloud Print ready printer to the same wireless network.
- Power on the printer, then sign in to your Google account and then choose the Chrome menu option.
- Now, select Settings from the drop-down list and then navigate to Show advanced settings option.
- Select the Manage option and then if your printer is listed under New devices, select Register.
- Click Print –> Upload file to print –> select a file from my system.
- Alter the print settings if necessary and then select the Print option again.
Printer will not print after Windows 10 upgrade
One you check if all windows updates are installed, go through the prompts given below to fix the issue.
- Now, search Windows for change device installation.
- Click change device installation settings. Now, in the device installation settings window, make sure that you select Yes.
- Ensure that you Search Windows for updates, then in the list of results, click Check for updates.
- To check for printing and firewall issues, make sure that you use HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Once it installs and opens, choose your printer model, then select Next and then click Fix Printing.
- Now, try printing something. Select Network –> Troubleshoot Firewalls.
- Choose the name of any firewall software that is enabled on your system and then click Disable.
- Make sure that you search Windows for view local services.
- Now, find Print Spooler in the list and if you find that the Status is blank, right-click the option and then enter Start.
- If the Status is Running, ensure that you right-click Print Spooler, then click Restart and the try top print.
Scan using HP Solution Center
Use HP Solution Center, to easily start scan jobs from the system and change size, color and quality settings. Go through the basic prompts provided below.
- Search Windows for solution center and if HP Solution Center displays, ensure that you click it to open the software.
- Make sure that you download the full feature driver if HP Solution Center does not display.
- Make a note that if a full feature driver does not display, it indicates that the printer does not support HP Solution Center software.
- Make sure that you click Scan Document or Scan Picture to view available scan shortcuts and settings.
- Change any of the shortcut default settings, then select Save to file and then choose the Finish option.
Printing on both sides of the paper
Make a note that you can use the duplexing settings in the print driver to print on both sides of the page. The prompts for both Windows and Mac are provided below.
- Ensure that you load enough blank paper into the input tray to avoid page ordering issues.
- Once you open the document that you want to print, then select File and then click the Print option.
- Now, choose your printer model, then ensure that you click Printer Properties, Preferences or Printer Setup based on what displays.
- Ensure that you select the Print on Both Sides or Two-sided (Duplex) Printing option if a Printing shortcuts tab is available.
- Make sure that you mount enough blank paper into the input tray to avoid page ordering issues.
- After opening the document you want to print, click File –>Print –> Show Details.
- Now, look for a Two-Sided selection box. If you notice the Two-Sided option, it indicates that your printer supports automatic duplexing.
- Make sure that you select the checkbox next to Two-Sided and then choose the Layout option from the unnamed menu at the center of the window.
Wireless Printer Setup
Are you looking for steps to setup your HP printer on a Wi-Fi network? Note that you simply need to connect the printer to the wireless network and then install the printer driver and software. Follow the steps given below.
Step 1: To prepare for the installation
- Before you connect the Deskjet printer to the wireless network, get the network name and security passphrase.
- Ascertain that your printer and system are on and also verify if they are connected to the same network.
Step 2: To plug in the Deskjet printer to the wireless network
- Turn on the Deskjet printer, then on the control panel, click the Wireless icon and then select the button next to Settings.
- Make sure that you press the down arrow to scroll to the Wireless Setup Wizard option and then click OK.
- After entering the password, click Done and then download and install the current version of the driver for your printer.
Step 1: To get ready for the printer installation
- Make sure that you get the network name and security passphrase before setting up your Deskjet 2655 printer on the wireless network.
- Now, check if your printer and system are on and also verify if they are connected to the same network.
Step 2: To plug in the printer to the network
- After turning on the printer, click Wireless icon on the panel and then choose the button next to Settings.
- Ascertain that you press the down arrow to scroll to the Wireless Setup Wizard option and then select the OK option.
- Make sure that you follow the guidelines to complete the printer setup in the HP Utility Setup window.
After downloading the updated printer driver that is saved in the Downloads folder, install it from the Downloads folder by following the basic steps given below.
Step 1: To download the updated printer driver for Windows PC
- Download a full-featured printer driver based on your printer model and the Operating System version
- Now, check if the system has an Internet connection and then attempt to download again if the HP Easy Start app gets started but fails to download the printer driver.
Step 2: To install the downloaded printer driver
- Make sure that you choose the connection type as USB or Wireless
- Now, access the download folder and then begin with HP Easy Start file or the updated printer driver .exe folder
- Ensure that you click the Add printer option when prompted, to generate a print queue on your device.
Step 1: To download the updated printer driver for Mac PC
- Based on your printer and the operating system version, download a full-featured printer driver
- Ensure that the system has an active Internet connection and then attempt to download again if the HP Easy Start application opens but if you are unable to download the printer driver.
Step 2: To install the upgraded printer driver
- During the installation process if you are prompted to select a connection type, select USB or Wireless option.
- Now, access the download folder and then begin the HP Easy Start file or updated printer driver .dmg folder.
- Choose the Add Printer option to start with a print queue in your system.
USB printer Setup
Are you looking for steps to set up your printer using a USB cable? The prompts to setup the printer on Windows or Mac PC are given below.
In certain cases, you may find the print speed slower than expected or it may not meet the speed as per the printer specifications. The basic steps to fix the issue are given below.
Step 1: To reset the printer
- After unplugging the power cable from the hind side of the printer, wait for a while.
- ii)Now, try printing again after the warm-up period completes. If the issue still continues, check the printer driver settings.
Step 2: To uninstall the printer driver
- In order to remove the printer driver and software, use a suitable tool in Windows Programs and Features.
- ii)Now, disconnect the USB cable from the printer if any.
Step 3: To reinstall the printer driver
- o through the instructions on the screen to download and install the latest driver.
- ii)Now, try printing again and if the issue persists, make sure that you update the printer firmware.
Step 4: To check the network status
- Make sure that you select the wireless connection icon in the Windows taskbar to check the wireless signal strength.
- (ii)Remove the additional strains on your network if any and then place the router, computer and printer close together.