HP DESKJET 2676 PRINTER
Features and Specifications
Get your print, scan, and copy everyday easily. It is a pocket-friendly printer, providing best print quality at reasonable costs.
- Recommended monthly page volume is about 1000 pages.
- Print speed is up to 7.5 ppm for black and up to 20 ppm for color.
- Print Quality is up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi for color.
- Compatible with Mac and Windows
- Copy, Scan, Print.
- Supports media types like envelopes, photo paper, and plain paper.
- ColorLok Technology.
123.HP.Com dj2676 Printer setup
- When the shipment box arrives, certain procedures should be carried out to set up the new printer and make it ready to print the documents.
- Take out the 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer from the packaging box, and remove all tapes and packing materials that lie inside the printer.
- Locate the duplexer in the appropriate place into the printer.
- After installing the duplexer, link the power cord, and configure the preferences.
- Keep the paper into the Tray 1. Affirm that the print side is placed down with the short edge forward.
- Avoid placing the paper above the yellow dotted lines on the side of the paper tray.
- Locate Paper Tray 2.
- The ink cartridges should be kept in their respective slots properly.
- Once the ink cartridges are installed, the printer starts to print an alignment page.
- The alignment page should be mounted in such a way that its printed side faces down on the scanner glass.
- Latch the scanner lid, and then tap Ok on the control panel of the printer.
- Ensure that the HP Deskjet 2676 printer hardware and printing software are installed properly.
- Avoid to connect the printer to your system until you are prompted to do so by the printing software.
Wireless printer setup for Mac device
Step 1: Prep for the printer installation
- Before you start to configure the HP Deskjet 2676 printer on the wireless network, gather the requirements, and then check the printer and system connections.
- Your SSID, network password(WEP key or WPA key)
- Insert a USB cable to transfer the wireless settings to the printer.
- Ratify that you have powered up your router and the system. Remember that both the system and the printer should be connected to the same wireless network. Align the printer and the system near the router while setting up the printer.
- The USB cable should be detached from the printer’s end.
Step 2: Download and setup the 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer driver on the computer
- Keep your 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer on. If your printer is linked to the system using a USB cable, it should be taken off.
- Go to our website, and tap on Software and Driver Downloads.
- If prompted, choose a method to discover the printer and then proceed with the instructions to track the Downloads page.
- Go with the Download option which lies next to HP Easy Start or next to the full feature driver, depending on the option that screens.
- Gain access to the Downloads folder, go to the HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .dmg file to initiate the installation steps.
- When you are directed by the installer, choose the Add Printer option to start a print queue on the Mac. Select the printer name->Use or Print Using-> Add.
- You are supposed to revert to the HP installer to finish the installation process.
Wireless Setup for Windows
Step 1: Confirm the requirements
- A properly functioning Internet connection.
- A computer that is connected to the same Internet connection as the printer.
- Setup and power up the 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer.
Commence the software installation
Log in to the computer, from where you want to print, go with the HP full feature printer driver and Software installation. Get the wireless printer driver and HP Printer Assistant to perform scanning and other printer management functions.
- Use one of the following methods to start the software installation:
- If you own an installation disc that supports the Windows version that runs on your system, keep the CD into the CD drive and follow the instructions to start the installation steps.
- Get back to our website, go with the Downloads option. Your computer starts to install the full feature driver
- The software installation is on the process until a Connect window opens. You can view STOP at the Connect window. Avoid clicking Continue at this time.
Step 2: Re-configure default wireless settings on your printer
- The connection status can be checked by resetting the wireless settings.
- Ratify that your 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer is on.
- Suppose the wireless light flashes, go to the instructions on how to install the software.
- The power button should be long pressed and simultaneously tap Start Copy Black button twice, and press the Cancel button thrice.
- Release the power button. The wireless light that lies adjacent to the wireless button must blink, redo the instructions provided the wireless light does not blink.
- Continue with the installation procedure. The HP auto wireless connect feature takes about 20 minutes to be setup on your PC.
Step 3: Software installation
- Get back to the HP installation Connect screen on your system, and then proceed with the Continue option.
- The instructions should be followed until the Connection Option screen opens.
- Ensure that the power button glows brightly, and the wireless light blinks. Suppose the wireless button does not blink brightly, it should be pressed until it glows brightly.
- Go to the Connection option screen, tap Wireless- make a wireless connection to the printer, and then tap Next.
- The network configuration should be verified once the installation process gets over. You can either go with the HP Auto Wireless Connect option or Wireless Setup Using a USB Connection option to link your printer to the wireless network.
- Go ahead with the instructions until the Active window screens out. The 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer is now set and you can start to print or scan a document.
USB Printer Setup- Windows
Here are the instructions to setup your HP Deskjet 2676 printer using a USB connection. The full-featured HP driver should be installed on the computer running with Windows operating system to avail the most supported features.
Step 1: Prime preparation for setting up the printer
Make sure that the older versions of the printer driver are uninstalled before starting with these instructions.
- Power on your 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer.Buy a USB cable of length 3m and scrutinize the current USB ports on the computer.
- Unplug the printer’s USB cable from the system. Do not re-plug the cable until it is instructed during the installation step.
- The printer USB cable which is used earlier should be disconnected from the system. Keep them unplugged unless you are directed to connect.
- The already existing device can be removed by right- click the printer model icon and choosing the Remote Device option. If a number of printers are available, it should be deleted.
- Revert to the Devices and Printers window, and then continue with the further steps.
Step 2: Setup the driver and configuring the connection
Download and install the best available printer driver and complete the setup.
- Reach us, type in your printer model number, and then track the instructions to download the respective printer driver. Downloading and installing the HP Easy Start might happen based on the printer model you are handling.
- In case you are successful in downloading HP Easy Start, take the help of the instructions in this manual to access the downloaded driver and install it. When you are prompted, choose the connection type as USB. You can stop the troubleshooting steps if the setup is completed successfully.
- In case the download is unsuccessful, go through and follow the instructions to install the driver.
- Reach our website and proceed with the Software and Driver Downloads option, enter your respective printer model, if needed, and then gratify that the operating system you have chosen is appropriate.
- Tap Download which is present next to the full feature driver in the Driver- printer installation software, and then go along with the instructions to use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant or tap Download option.
- When you are guided by the installer, you are supposed to pick out the 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer connection type as USB and proceed with the prompts to complete the setup process.
- Allow your printer to print, Scan or Fax depending on the functionality which you want to perform.
USB printer setup for Mac device
Here are the steps to configure your HP Deskjet printer 2676 for a USB connection to a Mac device. You can avail the most compatible features from a USB connected printer, after installing the full feature printer driver.
Step 1: Get ready with all the requirements needed to setup your printer
- Get through the requisites to prepare for the USB connection setup and driver installation.
- Keep your 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer on.
- Get a USB length whose length is less than 3m in length.
- Suppose you are using a USB hub or a docking station, your printer might fail to get sufficient power for proper operations.
- The USB cable should be detached from the system.
- Wait before you re- plug the cable until it is directed at the time of driver installation process.
- It is always recommended to reboot your computer after the completion of printer driver installation so that the changes becomes effective.
Step 2: Printer driver installation and establishing the connection
Reach our website, include your printer model, and tap the Begin option. Your computer gets downloaded with the HP Easy Start app. This is done depending on the printer model and the version of the operating system.
- Suppose the HP Easy Start starts to download, go along with the prompts. When the setup procedure completes successfully, stop troubleshooting.
- If the HP Easy Start fails, check and follow the instructions provided to install the driver.
- Visit our website, click Software and Driver Downloads, type your printer model if needed, and then check whether you have chosen the appropriate operating system version.
- Navigate to Driver printer installation software and Download which is seen next to the HP Easy Start or full feature driver and then access the HP Easy Start file or the HP .dmg file in the downloads folder.
- Confirm that HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is selected to enable the full scan functionality, if your printer has a scanner. Tap Add Printer to create a new print queue. The Add window gets screened.
- Pick out your printer name, tap Use or Print Using option, and then follow the Add option.
- Revert to the HP installer to successfully end the installation process.
- Let your printer print, scan or fax, based on the 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer functionality.
HP Deskjet 2676 Setup Print
Dual-side printing procedure- Windows
Do the necessary alterations to the settings and let your 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer print on both sides of the paper. Here are the instructions to customize your printer to perform dual sided printing.
- Evade page ordering issues, load the input tray with sufficient amount of blank paper to complete the print job.
- Open the document which you want to print, continue with the File option, and then Print.
- Pick out the printer name, and then choose Printer Properties or Preferences or Printer Setup, depending on what is displayed.
The Document Properties or Printing Preferences window screens.
- If a Printing Shortcut option is available, tap Print on Both Sides or on the Two- Sided Printing option, if present.
- If the Printing Shortcut option is unavailable, tap the Layout, Features or Finishing option, based on the option that displays.
- Search for the Print on both Sides or Two- sided printing option, and then tap the binding or page flip option, based on your requirement.
- Tap Ok, and then go with the Print option.
- The sides that were printed first from the input tray should be taken out, and then align the pages.
- Position the printed first side pages into the main input tray. Keep the paper based on the input tray.
- Tap on the Continue option.
The other side of the pages are printed.
Print on both sides of the paper – Mac device
Many printers are compatible with the manual duplex feature. This feature requires printing on one side of the page and then feeding the pages into the input tray to print the other side. Go ahead with the instructions to set up the print job and learn how to load the pages again, based on the printer type and print job.
- Setup the first side of the print job in the print settings. Few settings are based on where the paper tray is located on the 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer.
- To avert ordering issues, keep the required amount of blank paper into the input tray to finish the print job.
- Choose the essential document which you want to print, tap File, and then tap Print.
- If no settings are displayed, tap the Show Details option.
- Choose the printer name from the Printer option.
- Follow with Paper Handling option from the unnamed menu.
- Go to Pages to Print and tap Odd only option.
- Depending on the printer model, go ahead with any of the following settings from the Page Order menu:
- If your printer possesses a rear loading paper tray, go with the Automatic option.
- If your printer possesses a Front-loading tray, go with Reverse.
- Tap Print.
- Once you have completed the printing, remove the left out paper from the input tray, and then move to the next procedure.
- To print on the second side of the page, re- feed the pages into the input tray and then set the pages to be printed in the document print settings.
Slow Printing for Windows
When your 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer does not offer the expected speed (comma) go ahead with the instructions in this manual and free your printer from the error.
Step 1: Printer boot- up
- Keep your HP Deskjet 2676 printer on.
- With the printer powered up, detach the power cord before you proceed.
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- The power cord from the wall should be taken off.
- Pause for at least 60 seconds.
- Link the power cord again into the wall outlet.
- Re- connect the power cord to the printer.
- Keep your printer on, if it is not done already.
- Pause until the warm- up period ends, and the printer is silent and hushed before you move to next step.
Step 2: Verify the configured printer driver settings
The driver settings which have been configured should be checked. Best quality is resulted by selecting certain paper types. Attain faster print speeds by letting your printer print on plain paper in Normal or Draft quality.
- Look for the printer under Windows, and then tap Devices and Printer in the list of results.
- Double- tap the printer icon.
- Double- tap the Set preferences option.
- Choose the paper type information.
- Go to the Quality Settings area, make sure that the Draft or Normal option is selected.
- Proceed with Ok or Apply options to ratify the changes made, and shut down the printer driver window, and the Devices and Printers window.
Let your 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer print the required documents. Proceed to the following steps if the printer issues have not been resolved.
Step 3: Printer driver uninstallation procedure
- If a USB cable is used to link the HP Deskjet 2676 Setup printer to the system, it should be detached from the printer’s rear end.
- Go to Programs and Features from Windows, and then choose the same in the sorted list.
- From the already installed list of programs, choose your printer and then tap Uninstall or Yes.
- Look through the instructions to finish the software removal entirely. Ensure that the system is restarted after this process.
Step 4: Printer driver reinstallation procedure
Uninstall the formerly existing printer driver from the computer, navigate on our website and then look at the instructions provided and learn how to reinstall your computer with the latest driver version.
Try to print a sample document. If the issues prevail, go with the remaining troubleshooting methods.
Step 5: keep the printer driver up to date
- Get your computer downloaded with the firmware updates. Get the latest firmware updates downloaded on your computer.
- Ratify that the HP Deskjet 2676 printer is kept on, and is connected to the system, either using a USB cable or a network.
- Go to our website, tap the Software and Driver Downloads option, and then register your printer model number.
- Pick out the operating system version, if needed.
- Proceed with Firmware options and then go with Download.
If the firmware section is not shown, a firmware update is not currently available.
- You are supposed to choose the Use HP Download and Install Assistant option and then click install now.
- If the serial number is not screened in the list, tap on your printer number, and then choose Update.
- If the serial number is screened in the list, but the status is not applicable, it is not required to upgrade the printer firmware. Tap on the Cancel option.
- Once the update gets over, proceed with the Ok option.
- If you are subjected to use a USB cable, hold on for 20 seconds, and then select Refresh.
- Look for the Devices and Printers option below Windows, and then access Devices and Printers from the available results.
- Right- click the USB printer driver that matches your printer model, and then tap on the Remote Device option.
- The USB cable should be detached from the system, and then the printer should be booted up again.
Allow your 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer to print a sample document. Suppose the issue exists, move to the next step.
Step 6: scrutinize the existing network status
If your printer is connected to a wired or a wireless network, here are the tips and procedures that help you get rid of the slow printing issues.
- Ratify the wireless signal strength by choosing the wireless icon in the Windows taskbar on your computer. If the signal strength is low, keep the router, system, and the printer close to each other.
- If the 123 HP Dj2676 printer is connected to the network using an Ethernet cable, make sure that the cable connections are strong.
- Boot up your router by unplugging it, wait for a while, and link the cable again.
Procedure for Driver installation- Windows
The updated printer driver should be installed on your computer.
Step 1: Download the upgraded printer driver for Windows
Your computer starts to download the HP Easy Start app based on the printer model and the Windows operating system that runs on your computer.
- Track the instructions provided to download the upgraded 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer driver from our website.
- Once the downloading process is finished, proceed with the steps to install the driver for your printer.
- Suppose HP Easy Start gets activated but fails to download the printer driver, make a try to download it again.
- Reach our website for the upgraded Software and Driver Downloads.
- Type your printer model, if you are instructed to do so. Ratify that the operating system is selected correctly.
- Tap the Download option which exhibits on the Driver Printer Installation software, or go with the instructions that are displayed.
An Upgraded printer driver successfully gets downloaded in the download folder.
Step 2: Installing the downloaded printer driver
You should download the HP Deskjet 2676 Setup printer driver, open the Downloads folder and install the downloaded printer driver. When you are guided to choose the connection type while installing the software, go with either the USB, Wired, or Wireless option depending on the printer model and the connection type to finish the installation process.
- Get access to the Download folder and start the HP Easy Start file or the updated printer driver .exe to commence the installation process.
- Take the help of this manual and follow the instructions to enable the connection to the printer and then install the printer driver.
- When you are guided by the installer, tap on the Add Printer option to commence the printer print queue on your device.
- The Add window is screened.
- Pick out the printer name, go with the Use or Print Using menu option, select the printer name from the filtered list, and then tap on the Add option.
- Get back to the HP installer to finish the installation process.
Driver installation for your Mac device
Download and install the latest printer driver on your Mac computer.
Step 1: Download the updated HP Deskjet 2676 printer driver for your computer
On the basis of the printer model and the operating system version, the full feature printer driver will be downloaded or the HP Easy Start guided installation will be available on the download page. Make an attempt to download and install the suitable printer driver.
- The guidelines in this manual let you update the HP Deskjet 2676 printer driver from our website.
- If the printer download is done, proceed with the installation instructions.
- If the HP Easy Start application is enabled, but has not successfully downloaded the printer driver, ratify that the system has an active Internet connection, and then make a try to download the printer driver again.
- Visit our website and then proceed with the Software and driver Downloads option.
- Key in your printer model number, select your OS (optional)and tap on Driver-Printer Installation software, and follow the prompts Now the driver will be saved in the Downloads folder.
Step 2: Install the upgraded printer driver
You should install the printer driver from the download folder. If you are instructed to choose out the connection type at the time of installation, you are supposed to choose either Wired, USB, or Wired option, based on the printer model and then set the connection preferences to finish the installation process successfully.
- Open the Download folder, and then start the HP Easy Start file or updated printer driver .dmg folder so that the installation process can be initiated.
- Get the instructions to activate the connection to the 123.HP.Com dj2676 printer and then Install the printer driver.
- Tap on Add Printer to start the printer print queue on your device.
- The Add Window is screened.
- You are instructed to pick out the printer name, tap on the Use or Print Using menu option, and choose the printer name from the filtered list followed by the Add option.
- Get back to the HP installer and get your installation process completed.