DESKJET 3050 PRINTER SETUP
The All-in-one printer includes features such as print, scan and copy. The printer is not too heavy and it is packed really well in the box. The set up of the printer is quite smooth with no problems. This high-quality printer has all the functionality that home users would need with a lower price tag than most other All-In-One printers.
- The printer has an input tray with a capacity up to 50 sheets and an output tray with a capacity up to 30 sheets.
- It has a print speed up to 20 ppm for monochrome and up to 16 ppm for color.
- The resolution for the scan is up to 1200 ppi.
- Connect the printer to either a wireless network or a USB cable.
- The Deskjet printer is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS.
- It follows Drop-on-demand thermal inkjet technology.
- Save resources and energy with this ENERGY STAR certified printer.
Unboxing the 123.HP.Com Dj3050 printer
Do you want to setup your new Deskjet 3050 printer? Go through the prompts provided below to understand the procedure to setup the printer and then start printing.
Step 1 : To unpack the printer
- The foremost step is to remove the tape and cardboard from the outside of the printer.
- Now, open the front access door and then the cartridge access door. Carefully discard the tape and cardboard from inside the printer.
- Shut the cartridge access door. Due to the fact that the contents may vary by country/region, check the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step 2 : To plug in the power cord and adapter
- Plug in one end of the power cord to the power supply and the other end to a power outlet in the wall.
- Now, press the Power button to turn on the Deskjet printer.
Step 3 : To choose the language and region
- After turning on the printer, you may notice a list of possible language settings on the printer control panel.
- On the control panel, ensure that you press the button next to the Down Arrow to scroll through the languages if necessary.
- Press the button next to OK to confirm your selection and then to scroll through the regions, press the button next to the Down Arrow.
- Raise the input tray, then pull out the tray extender and then load plain, white paper into the input tray.
Step 4 : To install the ink cartridges
- After opening the cartridge access door, take out the new cartridge from its packaging and then carefully pull the pink pull tab to discard the plastic tape.
- Insert the cartridge into its slot, ensuring that the icon on the cartridge matches the icon on the slot.
- Place the tri-color cartridge in the slot on the left and the black cartridge in the slot on the right.
- Close the cartridge access door and then move on to the next step.
Step 5 : To align the cartridges
- Lift the scanner lid and then insert the alignment page with the printed-side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner lid and then press the button next to OK on the control panel.
Printing with Wi-Fi Direct from your Android mobile or Tablet.
With the HP Print Service Plugin, you can print over a Wi-Fi network from your Android device. Go through the basic steps given below.
- After installing or updating the HP Print Service Plugin on your Android OS 4.4 or later device from the Google Play Store, turn on the plugin.
- Ensure that your Android device is connected to the same wireless network as your printer or that Wi-Fi Direct on your printer and Android device is enabled.
- Select a suitable method to turn on the HP Print Service Plugin. Click HP Inc. service installed or HP Inc. and then select the On option.
- If necessary, turn off any other print service plugins. Now, open the item you want to print, then select the menu icon.
- Choose your printer, then modify any printer settings and then click Print.
Cartridge missing or ink cartridge issue
Sometimes, you may notice an error message indicating that the cartridge is incompatible or there is a problem with the cartridge on the control panel. Follow the instructions given below to fix the issue.
Step 1 : To examine the HP ink cartridges
- The primary step is to ensure that the ink cartridges are compatible with your printer and that they are unmodified, genuine HP ink cartridges.
- Remove and reinstall the ink cartridge as it may not have full electrical contact with the printer.
- Power on the printer, then open the ink cartridge access door and then discard any clear protective tape on the nozzles.
- Make sure that the icon on the ink cartridge matches the icon on the slot. Carefully close the ink cartridge access door and then try to print.
Step 2 : To wipe the electrical contacts
- Note that if the ink cartridge or carriage contacts are dirty, the printer may display an ink cartridge error.
- Ensure that you unplug any cords connected to the printer and then wipe the electrical contacts on ink cartridges and carriage with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Once you complete wiping the contacts, close the ink cartridge access door and then try to print again.
Step 3 : To identify the cartridge causing the error
- Make sure that you reset the printer and then try to print. If the issue persists, move on to the next step.
- Take out one of the ink cartridges and then check for the error message to identify the cartridge causing error.
- If you notice any Incompatible Print Cartridge or the Print Cartridge Problem error message, replace the black and the tri-color cartridge.
Step 4: To replace the ink cartridge
- Replace the ink cartridge that showed an error message. Insert plain white paper in the input tray and then power on the printer.
- Now, open the ink cartridge door, then insert the tri-color ink cartridge in the slot on the left and the black ink cartridge in the slot on the right.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door and then press the button next to OK on the control panel display.