123.hp.com dj3630 PRINTER
The Deskjet 3630 is the result of HP’s innovative design where cost-effectiveness meets functionality. The resultant is a stunning home printer that is designed to be light on your pocket and high on performance. This dual cartridge Inkjet printer has been raking in good reviews and is best suited in providing home printing solutions.
The Deskjet 3630 is a compact printer that can fit into every nook and corner of your house. With a 1000 page monthly cycle, this printer will have no difficulty in catching up to that with its 20ppm mono and 16ppm color printing capability. Wireless printing allows mobile connection making your print process that much simpler.
Wireless printer setup
This is one of the connectivity modes that is offered by your printer. With this, you can connect your printer wirelessly and as a result, allows your mobile phones to send print jobs.
- From your printer’s Control Panel, open the wireless option. Your printer will proceed to scan the surrounding and display the results. Choose your network and connect with it by entering the password.
- Go to the link provided by us and download the driver software. Select Windows as your OS after entering your printer model. Click download.
- After downloading the driver software, proceed with its installation. Driver installation assistance can be derived from HP Install Assistant or HP Installation Wizard.
- The mode of your network connection should be chosen as Wireless. In the event of availability, download the full-feature driver software.
- Start with connecting your computer and printer to the same wireless network. Select Wireless option on the control panel to get a list of available networks. Choose your network and enter the password to connect to it.
- The driver software can be downloaded from the link we provide. On the link, enter your printer model and opt for the Full-feature driver if available.
- Choose the Mac OS and click the download button. Mac driver is in the .dmg format and can be easily recognized by your computer.
- Install the driver by following the on-screen instructions. Choose Wireless as your network connection and print a document for verification.
To set up your printer to work on a USB connection, few changes have to be made during the driver installation. The detailed steps on how to be going about doing this are listed below.
- Prepare the printer
- Keep your printer turned on. Procure a USB cable that is approximately 3 meters in length.
- Keep your printer in a print ready state. The paper tray is loaded fully and the ink cartridge is locked in place. This will prevent interruptions from happening during the process.
- USB Driver installation
- Connect the cable to a USB port that is in working condition on your computer and connect the other end of the cable to the USB port present at the rear of your printer.
- Make the connection directly instead of using a USB hub as this will help you in avoiding unnecessary complications.
- Preparing the printer for USB setup
- Turn on your printer and make sure it is kept in a print ready state. Gather a USB cable that amounts to 3 meters in length.
- Connect this cable to your printer and your computer.
- Driver installation and connection steps
- The link to download the driver software will be provided by us. On the website, select your OS version as MAC after entering your printer model to start the download.
- You should follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. When prompted, choose USB as your network connection.
- Choose a document from your computer and print it. This is to verify the connection status.
Ink cartridge installation
Ink cartridge contains the ink that is the prime ingredient for printing. In time, with usage, the cartridge is bound to run out and will require replacement.
- Before replacing the ink cartridges, it is mandatory to check the level of ink in it. This is to ensure that there is no wastage.
- Ink levels can be monitored from the Control Panel of the printer. Open the Setup option and scroll down until you find the Ink Level. Click on it to get the instantaneous ink readings.
- Using the ink management tool on the driver software is an alternate method.
- Purchase genuine HP ink cartridges as they are bound to last longer and provide better quality prints. This is in addition to increasing the longevity of the printer.
- Open the cartridge access door and remove the old cartridge. The new cartridge is removed from its packing and the tape present underneath covering the printhead and contact points are removed.
- Place the cartridge in its respective color slot and secure its position by locking the latch.
- . The ink levels should update shortly.
The lights present on the surface of the printer is an indication of the state of the printer. Abnormal blinking is due to an impending error. Rectifying the error will rid the light.
- Turn on your printer and ensure it has made the connection with the computer. If the lights are still blinking, check the status of the connection.
- If the connection status is good and still the error persists, there is a possibility that the Firewall or Anti-virus running on your computer is blocking the connection.
- The light could be the result of the printer running into paper jam issues. Make sure the paper is properly inserted.
- Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This software will scan your printer and display all the issues that are currently plaguing the system.