DESKJET 3636 PRINTER SETUP
The Deskjet 3636 is a cheap and affordable printer that was aimed at home users. This miniature all-in-one printer is capable of print, scan, and copy making it one of the most compact printer ever to be designed by HP. Wireless printing allows mobile connectivity making your printing experience pleasurable.
- This inkjet printer is equipped with two cartridge printing system. A black and a tri-color.
- The device is capable of USB and wireless network connection.
- The maximum print resolution is 1200×1200 dpi for mono and 4800×1200 dpi for color prints.
- Print speeds are 20 ppm for mono and 16 ppm for color.
- The quite printing mode lowers the noise produced considerably. It also lessens the printing speed.
- The 3636 can handle media types such as envelopes, other, photo paper, plain paper.
- Paper tray capacity is set to 60-sheets input tray and 25-sheets output tray.
- Monthly duty cycle is limited to 1000 pages.
- This printer supports mobile printing, AirPrint, Mopria, and ePrint.
- Wireless direct printing allows the elimination of router.
123.hp.com dj3636 Printer – Unbox Printer for the First Time
After purchasing the printer and having it delivered to your doorstep, you may be clueless as to how to proceed. Follow the instructions mentioned below to set up your printer and get it to start printing. Proceed to check if the pack is damaged in any way and that the seal is intact.
- The package is moved to a flat and sturdy counter. The package and its contents are removed and placed on the counter.
- The accessories that are present in the front of the box are removed and the printer is pulled out of it.
- USB connector, new cartridges, power cord, user manual and Driver installation CD are the accessories present in the box. The tapes that are present on the printer are removed.
- Extend the output and input tray. The paper width and paper length guide are extended to their maximum. Use genuine HP paper. It is fanned, stacked and then placed in the tray.
- Connect the power cord to the rear of the printer and directly to the power socket on the wall.
- Remove the protective tape present under the cartridge and place it in its respective slot and close the access door.
- Install the driver directly from the CD provided in the package. Print a document for verification.
Wireless printer setup
Configure your printer as per the below mentioned instructions. This will allow your printer to be operated wirelessly enabling the possibility of mobile connection and sending print jobs from any wireless device.
Wireless Printer Setup for Windows
Step 1 : Prepare your printer for installation
- On your printer’s Control Panel, open the wireless option. Your printer will proceed to scan for all the available networks in the surroundings. Choose your network from the list displayed. Connect with this network by entering the respective password.
Step 2 : Download the driver software
- Go to the link provided by our technical personnel and download the driver software by. Enter your printer model on the first screen, following which you will have to choose your Operating System as Windows.
- Download the driver software and proceed with its installation. Software offering help is the HP Install Assistant or HP Installation Wizard. They can be used when assistance is required.
Step 3 : Driver software installation
- During the installation process, choose wireless as your mode of network connection. This option can only be changed if the software is reinstalled.
- If available, download the full-feature driver software. This contains additional software that will be used with the various printer operations.
Wireless Printer Setup for Mac
Step 1 : Prepare for driver installation
- The setup is more or less similar to the previously mentioned process. Proceed to connect your computer and printer to the same wireless network. Your printer can be connected by opening the Wireless option. This performs a scan and a list of available networks is provided. Choose yours and enter the password and connect to it.
Step 2 : Download the driver software
- Download the driver software from the link provided by our experts. This is received by speaking with our technical staff. On the link, enter your printer model and opt for the Full-feature driver. They contain all the necessary printer related software.
- Click the download button after choosing the operating system as Mac. The file is present in the .dmg format and can easily be recognized by your computer.
Step 3 : Software installation process
- To install the driver software, follow the on-screen instructions. Choose wireless as your mode of network connection. Print a document to check the connection status.
Without the driver software, it is impossible to operate your printer. This software acts as the connecting link between your printer and computer. The steps mentioned below will help you with its installation.
- Download the right driver software for your printer. For every printer model, a unique driver software is developed.
- Choose Windows when you are asked to pick the Operating system that is running on your computer.
- Double-click the downloaded driver file to commence the installation. Install Assistant, HP Smart App, and HP Install Wizard can be used for assistance.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. From your printer’s Control Panel, add your printer to your printer’s list of recognized devices.
- Make your printer the default printer as all files are sent to the default printer. Print a test document for verification.
- A driver is a software that is specific to your printer model. In the event of availability, always choose to download the Full Feature Driver software.
- Download the driver software from the link we provide. In there, select your OS as Mac and select the specific driver for your printer.
- Double-click the downloaded file to commence the installation.During the installation process, select your mode of the network connection between Wireless or USB.
- Open the System Preferences window, select Apple menu and then select Print & Scan.
- Choose your printer’s name from the list and click the plus icon. Click Add Printer or Scanner. Print a test document.
The ability of a printer to print on both sides of the paper is called duplexing. With this option enabled, the paper consumed is reduced in half along with paper purchase costs.
- Make sure to load sufficient paper to avoid interrupting the printing process.
- Pick a document that has to be printed. Open it in the photo viewer, select File and click Print.
- Choose your printer from a list and open Printer Properties. Choose Print on Both Sides option if you find a Printing Shortcut tab.
- If not, choose the Print on both sides option found in the Print Preferences and option.
- Click Ok and click Print.
- Fill your input tray with sufficient paper. Open any document and click Print.
- Go to the Show Details option. Search and click on Two-Sided selection box.
- Go to the Paper Handling menu and from Pages to Print menu, select Odd Only.
- choosing between Booklet style and Tablet style after selecting Rear Loading.
- Open the Print Menu, select Pages to Print option and click Even Only.
- Choose Automatic from the Page Order, and click Print.
Scan using HP Solution Center Software
The HP Solution Center is a software that is capable of running only on a computer that runs Windows Operating system. This provides you with an overview of the printer operation.
- This software can be downloaded on any Windows-operated computer and is available for free. Upon installation, this software will automatically identify your printer.
- The interface on this software is gracefully designed for your benefit and ease of use. Install the full-feature driver software if there is difficulty in locating the software or if it is not working on your computer.
- Place the document in the scanner glass and click the scan button found in the software.
When your printer is not properly maintained or when it is not operated by the specified methods, it will run into issues. These can only be fixed by following the troubleshooting tips.
Step 1 : Grasp the process
Use only clean paper in the tray. Clean the scanner bed and perform scanning alignment to reset the old values. Try pressing the skip button when this error is displayed.
Step 2 : Reset your printer
Restart your printer and disconnect the power cords. After 60 seconds, reconnect the power cords. The printer should turn on by itself and the error should be gone.
Step 3 : Use genuine HP ink cartridges
Genuine ink cartridges, increase the longevity of the printer in addition to improving printing efficiency. They are guaranteed to provide you with the best outputs.
Step 4 : Evaluate the alignment page
The alignment page will have the markings in a dark color. If it is faded, obtain a new printer alignment sheet and repeat the alignment process.
Step 5 : Check the ink levels
On your printer’s Control Panel, ink levels are present in the Menu option and under Ink Levels. They are also viewed from the Ink Management software present in the Full Feature Driver.
Step 6 : Clean the printhead
Go to the Setting option on your computer and choose Tools menu. Find and run the printhead or ink cartridge cleaning. The error should be fixed now.