Get Easy Tricks for 123.hp.com/dj3637 Printer Setup
Purchasing a 123.hp.com/dj3637 printer is an affordable choice to produce high-quality prints. It is an ideal option for home use and it can be easily maintained. Learning to set up and use this printer is not rocket science. It helps you print documents at a low cost with no compromise in the quality and print speed.
123 HP Deskjet 3637 Review
The monthly duty cycle of this printer is 1000 pages and it also has a recommended monthly page volume of 100 to 250 pages. It supports various mobile printing features like AirPrint, HP ePrint and wireless direct printing. The maximum print resolution is up to 1200 x 1200 dpi (mono) and up to 4800 x 1200 dpi (color).
123 HP Deskjet 3637 Wireless setup
Make sure that you know your wireless network name and Wi-Fi security key to connect to the wireless network. Note down your network name and WEP key from the documents provided by your ISP.
- In order to connect a computer and 123.hp.com/dj3637 printer to your wireless network, the network’s password is required. You will be able to find the password from your router, if not you can obtain it from the computer that is already connected to your network.
- Open Network Connections on your computer and select your network’s name. Select the option Status and then choose Wireless Properties.
- In the properties window, select the Security tab, and then click Show characters to see the wireless network password.
- Select your printer’s name in the list of printer software installed in your system. Choose the option Tools in the top menu bar, select Device Setup & Software and then choose the option Convert a USB connected printer to wireless.
- From your 123.hp.com/dj3637 printer’s control panel, choose the option Wireless. Click Settings and then select the Wireless Setup Wizard. This wizard will search for the wireless networks within range. Select your network from the list. If prompted, enter the password and get the device connected to the network.
- From your printer’s control panel choose the Wireless icon and then select the Settings option. Click Print reports and then select Wireless Test Report. The report will contain the MAC address, IP address and printer status.
- Select the Wi-Fi icon on your Mac and then choose your Wi-Fi direct name. Enter the password when prompted and the Wi-Fi Direct will be turned on. Open System Preferences and then choose Print & Fax. Select your printer’s name from the list of detected printers and then click Add.
123 HP Deskjet 3637 USB Setup
Make sure your system is prepared for the driver installation and USB connection setup by uninstalling any previous version or traces of the driver software.
- A USB cable less than 3m in length is required for the setup. Turn on your 123.hp.com/dj3637 printer. In case the USB cable happens to be connected to the computer prior to driver installation, then follow the guidelines given below to remove the printer from the installed device.
- The USB cable has to be disconnected and this connection should not be made until it is prompted during the installation process. Open the Control Panel of your computer and search for Devices and Printers and double-click it. Right-click your printer icon and click Remove device.
- Download the driver software from our website. During the driver installation process, make sure to choose USB as your mode of connectivity and proceed to the next step. The Installation will be completed within few minutes.
- First, press the power button to turn on your 123.hp.com/dj3637 printer. Connect the USB cable to the USB port on the back of the printer, then plug the other end to the Mac computer. Click the Apple Menu and choose System Preferences.
- Under the hardware section, select Printers and Scanners. If your printer is not listed, then add your printer to the list. Click the plus sign and select the name of your printer. Click Add to add your printer to the list.
- If you’re prompted to install the printer software, then follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation. When prompted, connect the USB cable to your printer and computer. After the installation process, verify that your printer displays on the list.
123 HP Deskjet 3637 Ink cartridge installation
Connect the power cord to the rear end of the 123.hp.com/dj3637 printer. Plug the other end of the power cord into the power socket. Turn on your printer and complete the initial printer settings.
- On your printer’s control panel, you will be prompted to install the cartridges. Open the cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to move to the center of the printer. After the carriage stops moving, take the cartridges out of the box and remove them from their package.
- Remove the plastic tap using the pull tab. Do not touch the nozzles or copper contacts on the cartridge. Insert the cartridges into their appropriate slots with the copper contacts facing the printer. Make sure there is no packaging material left behind.
- The black cartridge should be installed on the right side and the tri-color cartridge should be installed on the left side of the carriage. Close the carriage access door. The initial ink cartridges will be partly used to charge the printhead.
- Keep the printer on until ink charging is finished. The cartridges will be aligned and then an alignment page will be printed. If the page doesn’t print, then open HP Solution Center and click Print an Alignment.
123 HP Deskjet 3637 Blinking lights
If the lights start blinking on your printer’s operation panel, then there is some error or 123.hp.com/dj3637 printer issue. This needs to be rectified in order to carry on with the print job.
- When the cartridge light blinks for 20 seconds, then the printer is waiting for a response. When the power light is blinking, then the printer is busy processing a print, scan, copy or maintenance job.
- Sometimes the power light may blink for three seconds and then it goes back to normal condition. In this case, the printer is busy performing another task so wait until it is completed.
- When the power light is dim, then the printer has gone into sleep mode due to inactivity. When all the lights are off then the printer is not turning on or it is not responding to any command.