DESKJET 3777 PRINTER SETUP
With the help of the world’s smallest all-in-one Deskjet 3777 printer, save space and money. Due to its small size, it is portable.Place it any location within the wireless router range to print the document or photos wirelessly. Use HP Scroll Scan to handle easy scan jobs on a variety of papers.
- The input tray can handle up to 60 sheets of paper
- The input tray can handle up to 25 sheets of paper
- The print speed for black is 8 pages per minute and for color is 5.5 papers per minute
- The main printer functions is print, scan and copy
- Compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems
- The connection option includes USB and Wireless
- Save up to 50% energy with the help of this Energy Star certified printer
First time printer setup
- If you have purchased a Deskjet 3777 printer for the first time, you may be confused about what to do with the parts packed in the box. Follow the steps below to set up the printer for the first time.
- Your printer should be packed inside the box. Open the box and view the list of items in it. It contains a setup guide, ink cartridges, user manual and a software installation CD.
- Take out the printer from the box. Discard all packing materials from it. Place the printer on an even surface for the proper functioning of the device.
- It is suggested to use the power cable inside the shipment box to avoid power failures. Plug in one end of the cable to the printer’s hindside.
- The other end of the cable should be connected to the wall socket. Turn on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Install the ink cartridges into their corresponding slots. Ensure that you have inserted them properly for secure printing.
- Feed plain paper into the input tray. Adjust the paper width guides against the paper edges. Wait for the printer to print an alignment page.
Wireless Printer Setup
A Wireless Connection is established between the printer and the system with the help of credentials. This is the most secure network connection.
Step 1: Organize the requirements
- Gather the network name and password for the connection process. Connect the printer and the system to the same wireless network. Ensure that you do not connect to a guest network.
Step 2: Begin the connection process
- Under the Network Settings option, select the Wireless Setup Wizard option to display the list of available networks. Select the network name from the list. Type the password, if urged. Once connected, the wireless light remains stable.
Step 3 : Download the driver
- In case the connection is not established within the time period, download the printer driver and software. While downloading, ensure that the internet connection is stable and the system is not powered off.
Step 4: Install the driver
- Once you have downloaded the driver, install it based on the on-screen prompts. Choose the connection type as Wired or Wireless based on the printer features.
Step 1: Get the requirements
- Obtain the network name and password for connecting the printer to a wireless network. Connect the system and the network to the same wireless network. Do not connect the printer to a guest network.
Step 2: Establish the connection
- On the printer’s control panel, move to the Settings-> Network Settings-> Wireless Setup Wizard to display the list of available results. Select the network name from the list. Enter the password, if prompted. Once typed, the printer starts connecting to the network.
Step 3: Download the driver
- In case the printer is not connected to a wireless network, download the printer driver and software to complete the installation process. At the time of download process, make sure that the internet connection is stable and the system is not turned off.
Step 4: Install the driver
- After the download process, install the printer driver using the on-screen prompts. Agree to the terms and conditions on the screen. Select the mode of connection as Wired or Wireless. Select the Finish option to complete the installation process
When you install a driver in the system, it should be the recent version. The upgraded driver includes all latest features in the printer. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
Step 1: Download the updated printer driver
- You can install the driver using a software installation CD. Place it on the system’s disc drive. After inserting, a list of files displays on the screen.
- Select the .exe setup file from the list. Double-click on it to start the installation process. Based on the on-screen prompts, complete the installation process.
Step 2: Install the driver
- In case the driver is not installed properly, you can download the updated printer driver. At the time of downloading, make sure that you do not turn off the system.
- In case the internet connection is unstable, the download process stops in the middle. So, to download and install the printer driver, call our technical team to provide instructions.
Step 1: Install it using a software installation CD
- It is suggested to use a software installation CD to install the driver in the system. Insert the CD into the computer’s disc drive.
- After the files get displayed, choose the .dmg file for the Mac system. Double -click it to begin the installation process. Complete it based on the on-screen prompts.
Step 2: Download the driver
- In case the system does not have a disc drive, it is necessary to install the driver. For that, you can download the updated driver.
- At the time of downloading, do not power off the system and ensure that the internet connection is stable. To download the driver, call our technical team to get instructions.
Duplex Printing is one of the added advantages of this printer. Using the duplex printing option, you can save time as well as paper cost.
- Insert enough number of papers into the input tray. Open the document you intend to print. In the application, select File-> Print.
- Select the name of the printer from the list of available devices. Under the Printer Properties tab, Document Properties window gets displayed.
- Select the Print on both sides option under the Layout tab. Based on the readability, select the Binding or Flipping option. Select OK and then click Print.
- Feed sufficient paper into the input tray. Adjust the paper-width guides against the edges of the paper. Open the document you intend to print.
- In the application, select File -> Print. Select the name of the printer from the Printers menu. Select the Paper Handling option from the unnamed menu.
- Based on the input tray, inserting the papers into the input tray varies. Select the Print option to start the printing process.
Scan using HP Solution Center
Prior to setting up the scanning process, download the HP Solution Center software. Install it using the on-screen prompts. When you install the full feature driver, the package contains HP Solution Center. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the software.
- Place the document or photo on the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder based on the printer features.
- Open the HP Solution Center software in the Windows system. Select the HP Solution Center and double-click on it.
- Select the Scan Document or Scan Picture option. Ensure that the scan settings is similar to the document that is to be scanned.
- Make the necessary changes in the scan settings. Click Scan to start the scan job. Once the job is done, the scanned files get stored in the destination folder.
Printer faces issues now and then. There are various issues that printer faces. To solve the issue, follow the steps below.
Step 1 : Restart the printer
- Reboot the printer by unplugging the power cable from the rear of the printer and from the wall socket. After a while, connect the cable back. Now, switch on the printer.
Step 2: Use authentic and compatible ink cartridges
- It is suggested to use compatible and authentic ink cartridges for the printer model to get the best quality printouts.
Step 3: Examine the alignment page
- Try to print an alignment page to verify whether the ink cartridges are aligned properly. In case the alignment page contains dots, the ink level is low.
Step 4: Examine the ink level
- In case the ink level is very low, you need to replace the cartridge with a new one. In case the cartridge is faulty, replace it with a new one.
Step 5: Clean the printhead
- With the help of a clean and damp cloth, you need to clean the print head. In case it is faulty, try to replace it with a new one.