DESKJET 5523 PRINTER SETUP
It is an 123.hp.com dj5523 e-All-in-one printer that contains more than the basic features of a printer such as print, scan and copy. With a glossy design, it attracts home users to fulfill their printing essentials. One of the best and fastest photo printers at its best price with a steady printing speed. It comes with an Automatic Document Feeder that helps in conserving your time and energy while printing. It supports mobile printing applications such as ePrint and AirPrint, web-connected features and networking options that consist of Wireless and Wireless Direct.
- HP ePrint & ePrint App and AirPrint.
- Mopria certified printer.
- Wireless, USB, and Wi-Fi Direct connectivity.
- A multi-function printer with print, copy and scan function.
- Separate photo tray for printing photos.
- Automatic duplexer.
- Wireless and Wireless Direct printing.
- Stable print speed.
- No wired connection is available.
- Not a suitable printer for business.
- No Automatic document
- Does not print using a memory card (Secure Digital).
If you are looking for a printer that satisfies your home printing needs, then HP Deskjet 5523 is a perfect one. Print, scan and copy easily with this multifunctional printer within minutes. It enables you to print from both Android and Apple mobile phones instantly. The total efficiency of the printer is quite acceptable.
Unboxing the 123.HP.Com Dj5523 printer
Step 1 : This step involves unsealing the printer and its packing items from the box.
- Take out the printer from its box and place it on a flat surface.
- Clear away all tape and packing entities that cover the printer.
- Cart off the sticker from the control panel of the printer.
- Lift up the lid of the scanner.
- Clear out the entire tape and packing materials against the scanner glass.
- Bring down the scanner lid.
- Access the door of the ink cartridge by positioning two of your fingers beneath the small handles of the cartridge door and then lift it up.
- Doff all tape and packing items surrounding the printer.
- Shut down the access door of the ink cartridge.
- Clasp the handle on the base of the paper tray and then stretch to open the tray.
- Raise and drag the output tray, then peel out all tape and packing materials from the photo tray.
- Move the photo tray forward with the paper tray extended towards you.
- Move the paper width guides to its extreme end and clear away all tape and packing materials on the inner side of the paper tray.
- Supersede the output tray above the paper tray, then move the paper tray forward until it is firmly fixed into its place.
- Recycle the packing materials from the 123.hp.com dj5523 printer.
Step 2 : Verify the contents of the box and arrange your printer.
- Ensure that all hardware and packing materials are removed from the printer box before the recycling process is initiated.
- Check the list of items consigned in the box, as the contents may vary by country/region.
- Keep all the required items nearby while connecting the printer. Connect the printer to a power outlet, turn it on and then choose the language that you wish to use on the printer’s control panel.
- Link one end of the power cord behind the printer, then connect the other end into an electrical outlet and turn on the printer.
- Select your respective language on the printer’s control panel, then tap OK to approve the selected option.
- Tap on your corresponding country/region, then tap Ok.
Step 3 : Setting up the ink cartridges.
With the ink cartridges provided along with the printer, initiate installation of the printer to produce print outs.
- Have two of your fingers beneath both the sides of the access door of the ink cartridge to open it.
- Lifting the door upward displays the Door Open screen on the control panel of the 123.hp.com dj5523 printer.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door when the printer displays The ink cartridge access door is open message on its control panel.
- Unwrap one of the ink cartridges from its packet. Make sure that you hold only the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- Do away with the protective tape.
- Slip the new ink cartridge into the empty slot in the carriage situated on the right side of the printer.
- Later move the ink cartridge slowly into its place until it is locked firmly. Fit the tri-color cartridge inside the left slot and the black color cartridge inside the right slot.
- The same steps should be followed to install the other ink cartridge as well.
- Bring down the access door of the ink cartridge and ensure it is closed completely.
- Immediately, the Door Open message will be cleared and the menu on the printer’s control panel returns to the Home screen. Tap OK for the printer to complete the alignment cycle.
Step 4 : Printing an alignment page.
Fill the printer’s paper tray with unused white U.S.Letter or A4- size paper for the printer to produce an alignment page after the ink cartridges are installed on your printer.
- Place the required paper into the input tray by grabbing its handle from beneath and open it by extending the tray towards you.
- When you open the tray, the control panel of the printer automatically displays the Close Tray message. Once you load the required paper, close the tray to proceed further.
- Before the photo tray is moved to the end, ensure that the paper tray is pulled out and visible.
- Expand the paper width guides to their utmost end.
- Insert new white paper of U.S. Letter or A4-size into the printer’s paper tray.
- Make the paper stack settle by moving it to the end of the paper tray, so that it does not move further.
- Adjust the paper width guides in such a way that pressure is not applied on the edges of the paper and creates bends or curls on it.
- Hold on until the printer prints an alignment page automatically.
- If it does not print, then make use of the steps below to obtain the alignment page:
- Tap Setup by swiping to the left side of the printer’s control panel.
- Tap Tools, and then choose Align Printer.
- Raise the lid of the scanner, then position the obtained alignment page with the print side facing down over the scanner glass within the defined guides.
- Tap OK after closing the scanner lid. Now the 123.hp.com dj5523 printer scans the alignment page ensuring that the alignment process is accomplished.
- Tap Finish, and do not reuse the alignment page.
Step 5 : Download and launch the 123.hp.com dj5523 printer software.
Obtain the latest printer software from our website and install it on your computer.
- Go to our website and look for your printer model and hit the Enter key, or provide the details of your printer as instructed on the web page.
- Download the full feature printer software that provides access to the complete printer functionality or download the Basic Drivers if you cannot find the full-feature download for your respective printer model.
- When you click the download button, the setup file will be available either in your browser’s Downloads bar or on your computer’s Downloads folder.
- Double-click the .exe (Windows) or .dmg (Mac) based on your computer operating system and click Run or Save to initiate the printer software installation.
- Observe the prompted instructions on your computer monitor to complete the printer software installation.
- Ensure that the computer and printer are not linked to each other for as long as the printer software installation is in progress.
For further queries on unpacking your HP Deskjet 5523 printer, get in touch with our technical support team on the Toll-free number.
Printing with Wi-Fi Direct from your Android mobile or Tablet.
Turn on Wi-Fi Direct on your printer and Wi-Fi on your Android mobile or tablet (if available). Select DIRECT-xx-HP followed by your printer model name from the available list of printers that you have for printing.
- It is recommended to have the latest version of HP Print Service Plugin or Mopria Print Service on your Android device and these can be downloaded from Google Play Store or the app provider who provides the service, based on your region.
- Enable Wireless Direct on your printer. If your printer contains a control panel, then tap the Wi-Fi Direct icon to show the Wireless Direct name and password.
- If it does not contain a control panel, then hold and immediately release the Information button to print a report that provides the Wireless Direct name and password.
- Hold the Resume button for at least 2 seconds and release it to print a report for obtaining the Wireless Direct name and password, if your printer does not contain the Information button.
- If it is prompted to print without a password, choose the option Automatic, or opt for Manual to accept the print job from the printer, or to acquire a password.
- Access Settings, touch Wi-Fi over the Android mobile and ensure that the option is ON. Remember that your printer need not necessarily be connected to a Wireless network.
- Touch Print from the menu of the app on the photo or document that you wish to print after it is opened. You can also use the Share option from the respective app to transfer the content to the print plugin.
- Check if your 123.hp.com dj5523 printer is able to display DIRECT-xx-HP (your printer model name) on the settings screen of the print plugin. If you cannot find your printer name or a different printer name appears, then choose your printer name from the list of available printers and again choose DIRECT-xx-HP (your printer model name).
- To print the final subject, tap on Print.
Our technical experts are available on the Toll-free number to assist you when you want to get the best use out of your HP Deskjet 5523 printer.
Steps to be followed if you receive the Cartridges Missing or Ink Cartridges Problem message on your printer’s control panel.
Step 1 : Check if you are using compatible ink cartridges on your 123.hp.com dj5523 printer.
- Ensure that you have original and compatible ink cartridges installed in your printer.
- To order genuine ink cartridges, visit HP SureSupply and also check the ink or toner cartridge compatibility with the printer.
- If the error message disappears after using the cartridges produced by the printer manufacturer, then troubleshooting can be stopped.
Step 2 : Examine the positioning of the ink cartridges as it might display an error if not installed properly.
- The 123.hp.com dj5523 printer should be turned on if it is not previously ON.
- Keep two of your fingers beneath the small handles on the sides of the access door of the ink cartridge to open it and then lift it up.
- When the Door Open window pops-up on the control panel of the printer screening The ink cartridge door is open, shut the door and move on to the next.
- Let-off the ink cartridges by slightly pressing down on any one of it. Grab the ink cartridge towards you from its slot.
- Clear away the protective tape if any, on the nozzles of the new ink cartridge.
- Slip the ink cartridge into the empty slot and place it, and then slowly move it forward so that it firmly clicks into the slot.
- Force in the tri-color ink cartridge into the left slot and the black into the right slot.
- These steps should be replicated to take out, examine and replace the other ink cartridge as well.
- Shut the door of the ink cartridge. Check if the door is fully closed, else the Door Open message appears on the screen instructing you that The cover or door must be closed to print.
- Once it is done, the message is cleared and the printer gets back to the Home screen. Go ahead with the next step if the error prevails.
Step 3 : Keep the electrical contacts of the ink cartridge clean.
If the electrical contacts or the slot of the ink cartridges in the 123.hp.com dj5523 printer contains ink or debris, then it might not identify the ink cartridges or the failure caused by it.
- Keep the following materials handy to clean the electrical contacts.
- A Drained foam-rubber sponge, fiber-free cloth, or anything substantial.
- Purified, refined, or bottled water that does not contain impurities.
- Turn the printer on and access the ink cartridge door by keeping two fingers beneath it to hold the sides of the ink cartridge door carefully and then lift it up.
- Shut the door when you see The Door Open screen displayed on the printer’s control panel that shows The ink cartridge access door is open
- Detach the power cord from behind the printer.
- Unplug the USB cable if the 123.hp.com dj5523 printer is linked to your computer via a USB connection.
- Free the printer’s ink cartridges by slightly pressing down on one of them and then grab it towards you from its slot.
- Support the ink cartridges by holding its sides.
- Examine the contacts of the ink cartridge to check if it has developed any ink or debris inside it.
- Mildly dip a foam-rubber sponge or fiber-free cloth in distilled water, and then press out surplus water from it.
- Clean the copper-colored contacts alone on the ink cartridge, and then leave the cartridge to dry for an approximate of 10 minutes.
- Again make use of another lint-free cloth dipped in distilled water to clean the electrical contacts in the ink cartridge slots inside the carriage of the printer.
- The carriage contacts should be allowed to dry for around 10 minutes.
- Slide the ink cartridge into the empty slot and ensure that it clicks into place promptly by moving it forward.
- The tri-color ink cartridge is replaced on the left side of the slot and the black ink cartridge into the right side.
- Redo these steps to clear the contacts of the other ink
- Shut the access door of the cartridge and reattach the power cord to the backside of the printer.
- The printer should be connected to the computer with a USB cable, if not rejoin the USB cable.
- Redo the scan with the printer turned on.
- Check if the error message is not shown any more on the printer’s control panel and you are able to print, so that the troubleshooting need not be continued.
- Proceed to the next step if the error prolongs.
Step 4 : Pull out the ink cartridges and replace it in its slot.
- Follow the previous steps in this document to take out the ink cartridges from its slot and put it back in the same way.
- You need not continue with troubleshooting if the error on the printer’s control panel disappears and you are able to print as well.
- Move on to the next step if the error still displays on the control panel of the 123.hp.com dj5523 printer.
Step 5 : Clean the electrical contacts another time.
Redo the previous steps ditto to clean the contacts of the ink cartridge may support to fix the issue.
Step 6 : Reform the printer.
When none of the previous steps work to resolve the issue, resetting the printer may help.
- Before you start off, ensure that the printer is turned on and then unplug the power cord from the back side of the printer.
- Detach the power cord from the wall’s power outlet and then hold on at least for 60 seconds.
- Rejoin one end of the power cord into the wall outlet and the other end to the backside of the printer.
- Turn on the 123.hp.com dj5523 printer and wait for it to undergo a warm-up period.
- Progress to the next step if the error prevails.
Step 7 : Remove the existing ink cartridge and reinsert it with another one.
If one or more ink cartridges appear to be problematic, then replace it accordingly and then carry out the printer alignment.