ENVY 4511 SPECIFICATIONS
HP Envy 4511 printer is mainly designed for home use. The multi-functions of the printer is printing, scanning and copying. Due to domestic purpose, the paper handling is limited to 100 sheets of papers in the input tray. The printer contains flatbed scanner which can handle up to letter-size papers. Using the wireless connection, print from your printer from any location. One of the additional features is mobile printing option which also includes printing through the clouds.
123.HP.Com Envy4511 Features
- Make your printing process easier with the high print speed .The print speed for black is 20 papers per minute and color is 16 ppm.
- Get high-resolution photos from the printer. When the resolution is high, the outputs of the photo quality is excellent.
- With this compact all-in-one printer, you can place it anywhere on a shelf or desk. Minimize the printing noise with the optional quiet mode.
- Save your paper cost and time with Automatic Duplex Printing . Avoid flipping the papers now and then when two side is to be printed.
- Trimming of your photos is not required when you use the Borderless printing feature.
Common Envy 4511 Printer issues
- When you insert incompatible papers into the input tray , it results in paper jam issue. In certain cases, the printer displays a false paper jam issue.
- When the printer drivers and firmware is outdated, there will be a lack of communication between the printer and system. This results in printer offline issue.
- Use of unauthentic ink cartridges causes poor print quality. Examine the ink level in the printer often. Replace with a new ink cartridge when the ink level is low.
Replacing cartridges – Steps
- Examine the ink level in the cartridge. In case it is very low, you need to replace it with a new one. When you face cartridge issue, ink cartridge replacement is done.
- Switch on the HP Envy 4511 printer. To take out the empty ink cartridges from their slots, open the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait until it snaps into place and for the carriage to move to the middle of the printer. Refrain from proceeding until the carriage is inactive.
- Elevate the lid on the ink cartridge slot and then move the lid until it stops. Drag out the ink cartridge to take it from the slot.
- Take out the new ink cartridge from the printer’s package. Hold only the black plastic on the cartridge. Peel off the plastic tape from it.
- Grasp the ink cartridge by its sides with the nozzles facing towards the printer. Move it forwards into the slot. For secure cartridge installation, close the lid.
- Redo the same steps for other ink cartridges too. Once you are done with the installation step, the printer prints an alignment page.
- Keep the alignment page with the printed side down on the scanner glass. Ensure that you place it in accordance with the scanner glass.
- After tapping OK on the control panel of the printer, close the scanner lid. Now, the printer aligns the ink cartridges.
Scan to Computer – Steps
Prior to scanning a document or photo, examine whether the printer supports Scan to computer feature. In case the printer is compatible with it, follow the steps below.
STEP 1 : THE PHOTO OR DOCUMENT THAT YOU NEED TO SCAN IS PLACED</p.
- To scan a document or photo, place the original on the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Prior to scanning, ensure that the scanning compatible driver is installed on your system. Turn on all the connected devices.
- While placing the document on the scanner glass, make sure that the printed side is facing downwards.
- This is not the case for Automatic Document Feeder , the printed side faces upwards and edges of the paper moves into the tray first.
STEP 2 : THE ITEM TO BE SCANNED
- Activate the scan to computer feature in case the feature is not enabled by default from the factory settings.
- Based on the version of the operating system, access HP Printer software. Choose Manage Scan to Computer in the Scan menu.
- Select the Enable option. Now, tap Scan. Choose the system’s name you wish to scan to. Select the scan type you wish and then tap OK.
Steps for scanning to a memory device
Examine whether the Memory Device is compatible with the printer model. Once you have inserted it, follow the instructions given below to do the Scan to a Memory Device.
STEP 1 : THE PHOTO OR DOCUMENT IS TO BE PLACED
- It is necessary to place the original document with the printed side down on the scanner glass or into Automatic Document Feeder.
- While placing the original, ensure that it is kept in accordance with the engraved guides around the scanner glass.
- Switch on all the devices to start the scanning process. Prior to scanning, examine whether the scan compatible driver is installed.
- In case it is not installed, install it again. Once installed, make necessary changes in the factory settings.
STEP 2 : THE ITEM IS TO BE SCANNED
- Insert the memory card into the slot available in the printer’s rear.If the slot is not available, the printer does not support this feature.
- Using this feature, you can scan directly from the printer’s control panel without the need of a system or software.
- Tap Scan and then choose Memory device. Save the necessary changes in the scan options. Tap Start Scan.
Scan to Email
Send your scanned document to the printer’s email address to print from the printer whenever required. Send the document as an attachment. Ensure the scanned file type supports the system and printer model.
Step 1:Organize the requirements
- Based on the printer model, you need to attach the scanned document or photo to an email on the printer’s control panel.
- In most cases, you can use Scan to email feature when local email client such as Thunderbird is installed and configured in the system.
- Configure the web-based email accounts through your local email client to scan them.
Step 2: Start the Scan job and send it
- In case of printers with touchscreen control panel, choose Scan menu on the printer. Select the system name. Choose Email as PDF or Email as JPEG.
- In your system, look for HP. Select the printer model number in the results to access HP Printer Assistant. Choose Scan a Document. Choose the email-related shortcuts and then select Scan. Now, press Send .
Prior to connecting a USB cable, ensure that the cable is available in the printer’s shipment box. Make use of the USB connection process steps for both Windows and Mac operating systems. In case you have any issues with the connection process, call our customer support team to fix it.
STEP 1 : MAKE YOUR PRINTER READY FOR THE SET UP
- Organize a USB cable which should be less than 3m in length. Turn on all the devices connected to it.
- Connect USB cable straight to the USB port rather than connecting to a docking station.
- When you connect using a docking station, you may not receive sufficient power for the printer.
- Prior to connecting, examine whether the USB cable is in proper working condition. If not, replace it with a new one.
Step 2: INSTALL THE UPDATED DRIVER SOFTWARE AND ORGANIZE THE CONNECTION
- Connect one end of the cable to the printer’s hindside and the other end to the USB port in the system.
- After the connection, view the printer’s name in the list of available devices. If it is not enlisted, install the upgraded driver.
- Once the driver is installed, choose the mode of connection as USB. Now, the connection is established.
Step 1: MAKE YOUR PRINTER READY FOR THE SETUP
- Look for a USB cable in the printer’s shipment box. If available, examine whether it is less than 3m in length.
- Turn on all the devices which are necessary for the connection process. Do not connect the devices to USB hub or docking station.
- When you connect them to a docking station, it may result in insufficient power to operate all other devices.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the printer’s rear and the other end to the USB port in the system.
STEP 2 : INSTALL THE DRIVER AND SETUP YOUR PRINTER FOR THE CONNECTION
- Once the connection is established, search the printer’s name in the list of available devices.
- In case it is not listed, install the upgraded driver and software from our website.
Click the link to download the setup file automatically. After installation, include the name of the printer to the list.
Wireless Connection is one of the easiest methods to print from the printer without using any cables. To connect the printer to a system using this connection method, follow the steps below
STEP 1 : Prep YOUR PRINTER FOR INSTALLATION
- Gather the network name and password to connect the printer to a wireless connection. All the credentials are case-sensitive.
- You can get the network password from the bottom of the router or from the documentation of the ISP.
- Connect the printer and system to the same wireless network. Place both devices close to a wireless router to attain the maximum signal strength.
STEP 2 : ENABLE CONNECTION WITH THE WIRELESS NETWORK
- Use Wireless Setup Wizard to connect the printer to a wireless network. This is one of the simplest methods to connect.
- Navigate to the Settings option. Select Network Settings-> Wireless Setup. A list of wireless networks should be displayed.
- Choose your network name from the list. Type the password, if the installer prompts.
- Any mistakes in the credentials may lead to the connection issue. So, make sure that you type them carefully without mistakes.
STEP 3 : THE UPGRADED 123.HP.COM ENVY4511 PRINTER SOFTWARE IS DOWNLOADED AND CONFIGURED
- To complete the installation process, download the upgraded driver and software from our website.
- Based on the operating system version, choose a suitable one. In case the driver is not compatible, the issue occurs.
- Examine whether the file size and driver type support the printer model. In case the file size is large, the system operation slows down.
- Once you click the link, the file gets automatically downloaded. Start a print job from the printer.
STEP 1 : YOUR PRINTER IS PREPPED UP FOR INSTALLATION
- Acquire a network name and password to establish printer connection to a wireless network.
- Connect the printer and the system to the same wireless network. Keep both devices close to a wireless router.
- Get the network password from the bottom of the wireless router or refer the documentation of ISP.
STEP 2 : ENABLE CONNECTION WITH THE WIRELESS NETWORK
- Make use of Wireless Setup Wizard to list out the wireless network names in the surroundings.
- On the Network Settings menu, select the Wireless Setup Wizard icon. A list of network settings should be displayed.
- Select your network name from the list. Type the password, if the installer prompts.
- In case the network name is not enlisted, type the network name manually for the connection.
STEP 3 : THE PRINTER SOFTWARE IS INSTALLED AFTER DOWNLOADING
- If the connection is not established, download the printer driver and software from our website.
- Type the printer model number and operating system version to choose a suitable driver from our website.
- Click the link on our website.Once you click the link, you can get the setup file downloaded automatically.
- Install the driver. Include the name of the printer using the Add option. Now, start a print job from the printer.
Print with HP Wireless Direct
HP Wireless Direct is one of the connection methods to connect the printer to a wireless network without the help of a wireless router or access point. It is mandatory to connect the printer and system to the same wireless network . In case it is connected to a different network, it creates various connection issues. The printing is not possible for the printer.
How to print from a mobile device with HP wireless direct
- Install the upgraded version of HP Print Service Plugin on your mobile device. Download the app from Google Play Store or App Store. Now, follow the steps below to print from a mobile device using the HP Wireless Direct.
- Enable Wi-Fi Direct from the printer’s control panel. Tap the Wi-Fi Direct icon to view the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- In case the credentials are not displayed, press the Information button to print a report that contains all the required details.
- Choose Automatic to print without a password. When choosing Manual, you require a password to confirm the print job.
- Select the required document or photo from the system. Touch Print from the app menu. Select the printer’s name and then tap Print.
How to print from a computer using HP wireless direct
- In case the system is not compatible with Wi-Fi Direct, make a temporary connection to the printer’s Wi-Fi Direct point. Ensure that the driver is installed in the system. Now, make use of the steps below to print from the system with HP Wireless Direct.
- Enable the Wi-Fi Direct on the printer’s control panel. Tap Wi-Fi Direct icon to view the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- If the details are not displayed, press the Information button. When you press the button, you can get all the details regarding the credentials.
- In case the information button is not available in the printer’s control panel, press and hold the resume button for at least 2 seconds.
- After a while, the printer prints a report that contains the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- In case you choose Automatic to connect the printer to a Wi-Fi Direct, then type a simple password to connect.
- If your choice is Manual, generate a secure system password .Select the wireless icon and choose the printer’s name from the list.
- Enter the password, if urged to do so. Select the necessary document or photo you intend to print and then Select File -> Print.Choose your printer’s name from the list of available devices and then select Print.
BY USING HP WIRELESS DIRECT HP PRINTER IS CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER USING USB CABLE
- To get the network name and password for the Wi-Fi Direct connection, tap the Wi-Fi Direct icon on the printer’s control panel.
- In case the required details are not available, press the information button to get all the necessary details.
- It is required to type a simple password when your connection choice is Automatic.
- Likewise, when your connection choice is Manual, it is done to generate a secure system-generated password that users can obtain from the printer.
- Select the Wi-Fi Password, if urged. Place the CD into the computer’s disc drive and halt for a minute for the installation to start.
- Choose the mode of connection as Wireless. Select the printer’s name to complete the installation process.
Install the driver from our website
- You need to follow the same method for connecting the printer to a Wireless Direct.
- The download steps alone varies in this case. Type the printer model number and version of the operating system in their respective fields.
- A list of available drivers for a particular printer gets screened. Choose a suitable one from the list.
- Select the Download option beside the driver. In case the OS is Windows, the setup file format is .exe.
- While your system uses Mac operating system, examine whether the setup file is in .dmg format.
- Download and install it in your system. Once the installation process is completed, you can view the printer’s name in the list of available devices.
How to scan from computer using Windows
Prior to scanning from a Windows system, make sure that the scanning supported driver is installed. In case the driver is not installed, download the driver from our website and install it. After installing, place the document or photo on the scanner glass or into the ADF tray to start the scan process. There is various software available to perform the scan job easily. The software and the method to do the scan process are mentioned below:
Scan using HP scan software
- Examine whether the Scan Software is installed in the system. In case the software is installed, type HP Scan software in the search tab.
- You can view the name in the search results. Select the HP Scan software icon.
- Place the document or photo on the scanner glass or into Automatic Document Feeder.
- It is suggested not to insert photos into the ADF as it may result in damage of photos.
- Press the Scan icon in the HP Scan Software. Make necessary changes to the scan settings.
- The changes can be quality, resolution .etc. Select the Scan option. Prior to scanning, select Scan preview.
- You can view to be scanned document on the screen. In case you need to make changes in it, you can do it.
- Once the document is scanned, it gets automatically stored in the destination folder.
- You can change your destination folder, if necessary. Ensure that the scanned document is saved in the system compatible format.
- You can send the scanned document as an email attachment to the printers unique email address. Then, you can print from the printer.
Scan using Paint
- Locate the Paint application in your Windows system. Type Paint on the search tab.
- On the results, select Paint. You can see the File menu. Select From Scanners and Camera. Press Scan.
- Make necessary changes in the scan settings, if necessary. Once the document is scanned, it gets stored in the destination folder.
- In case you wish to change the destination folder, you can modify it.
Scan using Windows scan
- Move to the Windows Store, download and install the Windows Scan app on your Windows 10 system.
- Switch on the printer. Examine whether the system is linked to the printer and the driver is installed properly.
- On the scan app, change basic settings such as image type and quality whenever required. Select the printer’s name.
- Press Scan. Once the scanning process is completed, store the scanned media in the system.
How to Scan from computer using Mac
Visit our website, key in the printer model and then make use of the on-screen instructions to download and open the scanning software.
Follow the steps mentioned below to scan from computer using Mac.
- After installing, place the media on the scanner glass or into an Automatic Document Feeder based on the user’s requirement.
- In case you wish to scan a multiple pages document at a time, it is suggested to use an Automatic Document Feeder.
- Now, try to scan from the printer. In most cases, the printer contains a scan button on the printer’s control panel.
- Choose the system name, if prompted. Press the Scan button to start the scan job. Halt a while for the scan job to get completed.
- In case the printer does not contain the scan button, use HP Easy Scan app to begin the scanning process.
- Look for the HP Easy Scan App on your Mac system. Choose the printer’s name from the Scanner drop down menu.
- Choose the scan job type from the Presets menu and then select Scan. Now, the scanned file gets stored in the system.
Multiple page scanning
You can save multiple page documents or photos into a single PDF file using HP Scan software. Install the required software to create a PDF scan file.
- Make use of a resolution setting of 300 DPI or lower. In Windows, type HP. Select the printer model from the search list.
- Select Scan A Document or Photo to access HP Scan. Choose Save A PDF or Document to file option in HP Scan.
- In case your documents are scanned from the Automatic Document Feeder, select Save to store all pages automatically into a single file.
- In case you scanned from the scanner glass, you need to load each and every page or photo on the glass.
Print and Scan using HP AiO Remote App
- Now, HP AiO Remote App is mentioned as HP Smart App. Configure your printer on a wireless network. Download and install the HP Smart App. Once you have installed it, open the app and include the name of the printer to the list.
- While downloading, ensure that the mobile devices and the printer are linked to the same wireless network.
- Choose a document or photo from the mobile device. Launch the HP Smart App. Select Print Documents, Print Photos.
- View the print preview of the document or photo. Tap Print to print the printer.
- In case you need to scan the document, open the HP Smart App, select Scan, Scan to email or Scan to Cloud based on the scan type you wish to complete.
- Once you have made necessary changes in the scan settings, tap Save.Tap Scan to start the scan job.
- Once the scan is completed, you can send, share or print based on the user’s requirements.