123.hp.com/envy5530 – 123 HP Envy 5530 All In One Printer Setup
The 123.hp.com/envy5530 Printer is a multifunctional printer that has the capability to Print, Copy, and Scan and this printer is specially designed for home users. The 123 HP Envy 5530 Setup printer’s paper tray has a capacity of up to 100 sheets which is rather small but that might be sufficient for most of the home users and its output tray capacity is up to 30 sheets. Complete your print job faster with the automatic duplex printing feature.
123 HP Envy 5530 Setup Printer Features
- With this 123.hp.com/envy5530 high performance HP printer, you can Print, Scan, and Copy the desired document.
- Connect the 123 HP Envy 5530 printer and the computer over a Wireless network connection.
- Use the automatic duplex printing feature to print your document on both sides of the page.
- Mobile printing capability: HP ePrint (Android users) and AirPrint (Mac users).
- The HP 5530 printer works with both Windows and Mac operating system.
- You need not spend your time to trim your photographs instead use the borderless printing feature.
- Make use of the Scan to email feature to send your scanned document via email (printer’s email address).
First Time 123 HP Envy 5530 Setup and Install
Setting up the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer is the most important process. Without setting up the hardware and 123 HP Envy 5530 Installation Software, you cannot use the printer to print. The steps that are listed below will guide you to setup the 123 HP Setup Envy 5530 printer for the first time.
Step 1 : Unpack the printer from its packing material
- Take off the printer from the packing material and then peel off all the tape from the printer.
- Unlock the scanner lid and then remove the plastic tape from the scanner lid.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door, and then unwrap all the tape from inside the printer.
- Lock the cartridge access door and the scanner lid. Open the paper tray door and then remove the stickers and tapes from it.
Step 2 : Check the contents of the box
Based on the country or region the content might differ so it is recommended to check the items that came with your printer.
Step 3 : Position the paper into the paper tray
- Open the printer’s paper tray door. Place plain white paper into the input tray.
- Prior to loading the papers, ensure that the papers are compatible with the printer.
Step 4 : Connect the power cord and set your preferences
- Plug-in the power cord to the posterior side of the printer and then connect the other end of the cord to the electrical outlet.
- Tap the power button to power up the printer. From the printer’s control panel, choose the desired language and then click Yes.
Step 5 : Place the ink cartridges
- Open the 123.hp.com/envy5530 Printer ink cartridge access door. Insert the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot.
- Place the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot. After inserting the cartridge, lock the cartridge access door.
123 HP Envy 5530 Wireless Printer Setup
Nowadays, in modern technology, the wireless network preferable than a Wired network. With the wireless printing, you can complete your 123.hp.com/envy5530 print job quickly and easily by printing the desired document or photo on the go.
Step 1 : Prep for the connection
Prior to setting up the printer, you have to gather the required wireless network name and password to connect the printer and computer wirelessly.
- Service Set Identifier is the network name.
- The network password might be known as the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
- Use the same wireless network to connect the printer and computer.
- Ensure that the printer, computer and the router are powered on.
- It is advisable to place the printer and computer at a closer distance to maintain the wireless signal strength.
- Unlink any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
Step 2 : Connect to the Wireless network
- Switch on the 123 HP Envy 5530 Setup printer. From the printer’s control panel, click on the wireless icon.
- The Wireless summary window gets displayed. Choose Settings–> Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Use the instructions that are displayed on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.
Step 3 : Install the printer software
- Download and install the suitable printer driver and 123 HP Setup Envy 5530 Installation Software.
- Use the instructions that are displayed on the screen to complete the connection setup and driver installation successfully.
Configure the printer for a wireless network with Mac
Step 1 : Make an arrangement for the installation
- Before setting up the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer, obtain the desired wireless network name and password.
- Connect the 123 HP Setup Envy 5530 printer and computer to the same wireless network connection.
- Ensure that the printer, computer and the router are all powered on.
- Place all the network connected device at a closer distance so that there will not be any loss of connection.
- Unplug any 123.hp.com/envy5530 USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
Step 1 : Link the printer to the wireless network
- Check if the printer is turned on. Choose the Wireless icon from the control panel of the printer.
- The Wireless Summary window gets displayed. Click Settings and then select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Make use of the guides on the control panel to link the printer to your wireless network.
Step 1 : Configure HP Envy 5530 Installation Software
- Download the .dmg file type for the Mac operating system. Install it on the computer where you have saved the documents for printing.
- Use the on-screen guides to complete the installation process successfully.
123 HP Setup Envy 5530 USB Printer Setup (Windows and Mac)
Make use of the guides that are listed below to setup your printer for a USB cable connection to a Windows or Mac computer. To get a printer with full functionality, you need to download and install the full feature printer driver and 123 HP Envy 5530 Installation Software.
123 HP Setup Envy 5530 USB printer setup for Windows
Step:1 Arrange for the printer setup
- Power on the HP Envy 5530 printer. Get a USB cable that is less than 3m in length.
- In case you connect through a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not get enough power to operate well.
- In case you connected the USB cable to the computer prior to installing the driver, you have to unplug the printer’s USB cable from the computer.
- Do not re-link the cable until instructed during the installation process.
- Find Windows for devices and then choose the Devices and Printers control panel settings in the results.
- Right-click your printer icon and then click Remove device. If you find multiple icons exist for the printer, exclude them all.
Step 2 : Download and install the printer driver
- For Windows operating system, download the .exe file type and install it on your computer.
- During the installation process, you are prompted to choose the connection type. Select USB as the connection type and complete the setup.
- If you find any difficulty in installing the driver, call us at the toll-free number. We provide you a remote access to install the driver on your system.
123 HP Envy 5530 Setup for USB Mac
Step:1 Prep for the printer setup
- Check if the 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer is powered on. Use a USB cable that is less than 3m in length.
- In case you link through a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not acquire sufficient power to operate.
- Unplug the printer USB cable from the computer. Do not re-link the cable until instructed during the driver installation.
Step 1: Configure the driver and set up the connection
- Download and install the driver and 123 HP Envy 5530 Installation Software for the printer. For Mac OS, download the .dmg file type.
- Use the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process successfully.
- During the installation process, you have to choose the required connection type. Choose USB as the connection type and complete the setup process.
123 HP Envy 5530 Printing with Mopria Print Service for Android device
Use the Mopria Print Service Plugin, a free application that is available in the Google Play Store to print documents, photos webpages, and emails from your Android device to the HP printer.
Step 1 : Verify the requisites
- 1. Prior to installing the Mopria Print Service Plugin, ensure that the printer and Android device meet the following requisites:
- Setup the printer hardware. Connect the 123 HP Setup Envy 5530 Printer and the Android device to a Wireless or a Wired network with an active Internet connection.
- Place all the network connected devices at a closer distance to maintain the wireless signal strength.
Step 2 : Configure and power on the Mopria Print Service plugin
- Download the Mopria Print Service from Google Play Store and install it on your Android device.
- Select a method to turn on the Mopria Print Service Plugin. Click Mopria Print Service and then select On.
- If you install the Mopria Print Service Plugin for the first time, scroll down the home screen to view the notification dashboard, look for Mopria Print Service installed. Click Tap to enable Mopria Print Service plugin notification.
- In case you update the Mopria Print Service plugin, click Settings, tap More, More network, More Settings or NFC and sharing and then choose Print.
- Now, your Android device is ready to print using the HP Print Service Plugin.
Step 3 : Print a document with the Mopria Print Service plugin
- Open the document that you want to print, click on the menu icon and then choose Print. A print preview screen gets displayed.
- Click on the down arrow to view the printer list and then choose your printer:
- To print your document over a network, choose your 123.hp.com/envy5530 Printer from the list of available printers.
To print the document over Wi-Fi Direct, select your printer from the available list of printers.
- Click on the down arrow to modify any print settings and then choose the Print icon.
123 HP Setup Envy 5530 Troubleshooting in Slow Printing
If you find that the printer’s print speed is slower than expected or do not meet the speed that is noted in the printer specification, you need to fix and resolve the issue. Use the guides that are listed below to resolve the slow printing 123 HP Envy 5530 Setup Printer Troubleshooting issue.
Slow printing for Windows
Step 1: Reset the 123 HP Envy 5530 printer
- Power up the printer and unplug the power cord from the posterior side of the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet. Halt for at least 60 seconds.
- Re-connect the power cord into the wall outlet and to the rear of the printer.
- Switch on the printer. Try to print a sample document. If you still find an issue, move to the next 123 HP Setup Envy 5530 Printer Troubleshooting step.
Step 2: Verify the printer driver settings
- Choosing certain paper types or printing in Best quality might slow the printer’s print speed.
- To attain faster print speed, you need to print with plain paper in Normal or Draft quality.
Step 3 : Printer driver uninstallation
- If you find that your printer connects to the computer via a USB cable, unplug the cable from the printer.
- Find programs and features from Windows and then select Programs and Features from the list of results.
- From the list of installed programs, choose your printer and then select Uninstall or Yes.
- Use the on-screen prompts to complete the HP Envy 5530 Installation Software removal successfully. Reboot the computer.
Step 4 : Printer driver re-installation
- Download and install the updated driver and 123 HP Envy 5530 Setup Installation Software for the printer.
Step 5 : Upgrade the printer firmware
- It is suggested to HP Envy 5530 Printer download the available firmware update from the manufacturer’s website.
Step 6: Check the connection status
- If your printer is connected via a Wired connection, check whether that the cables are plugged properly.
- If your printer is connected over a Wireless connection, ensure that the printer and computer are linked to the same wireless network connection.
123 HP Setup Envy 5530 Slow Printing (Mac)
Step 1: HP Envy 5530 Printer Reset
- Turn on the printer. Unplug the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds. Connect the power cord back into the wall outlet and to the rear of the printer.
- Try to print a sample document. If the issue still persists, go to the next 123 HP Envy 5530 Printer Troubleshooting step..
Step 2 : Examine the printer driver settings
- If the printer’s print speed is slower, you have to check the printer driver settings.
- Selecting certain paper type and print quality might result in slow printing.
- Print a document using Normal or Draft quality to get the faster print speed.
Step 5 : Updating the printer firmware
- In some of the cases, updating the printer firmware might resolve the HP Envy 5530 Printer Troubleshooting issue.
- Once you find an update, go to the manufacturer website and try to update the printer firmware.
Step 3 : Uninstall the printer driver
- Select Finder in the Dock. From the menu bar, choose Go, click Application and then access the HP folder.
- Double-click HP Uninstaller and then use the on-screen prompts to remove the HP Envy 5530 Installation Software from the computer.
Step 4 : Printer driver re-installation
- After uninstalling the HP Envy 5530 Printer driver and software, you need to download and install the updated driver and 123 HP Envy 5530 Setup Installation Software.
Step 6 : Verify the network status
- If you are using a wireless network connection, ensure that the printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network connection.
- If you are using a wired network connection, check whether that the cables are plugged properly.
123 HP Envy 5530 Printer ‘Paper Jam’ Error
Step 1 : Take off any jammed paper from the printer
- Unplug the power cord from the posterior side of the printer. Unlock the ink cartridge access door.
- If you find any jammed paper inside the cartridge access area, remove it carefully and ensure that you have removed all the jammed papers.
Step 2 : Place the printer on a flat surface
- 1. It is recommended to place the printer on a flat surface to avoid the paper jam HP Envy 5530 Printer Troubleshooting issue.
Step 3 : Remove any jammed paper from the input tray
- Pull out the printer’s input tray. Take off any loose sheets of paper from the tray.
- Carefully remove any 123 HP Setup Envy 5530 Printer jammed paper and bits of torn paper from the tray.
Step 4 :Print a Printer Status Report
- Place plain white paper in the input tray. From the printer’s control panel, choose the Settings icon and then click Tools.
- Select Printer Status Report. The printer prints the test page.
- If you still find an issue, move to the next step to rectify it.
Step 5: Wipe the paper feed rollers
- Power off the printer. Unplug the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unlock the cartridge access door. Find the paper path cover in the area that is behind the cartridge access area.
- Remove the paper path cover. Clean the roller. Allow the rollers to dry for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lock the cartridge access door. Re-plug the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Click Ok to clear any message on the printer’s control panel.
Step 6 : Check the HP Envy 5530 Printer
- After completing all the steps that are mentioned above, try to print a sample document.
- If the HP Envy 5530 Printer Troubleshooting issue still persists, contact our technical support team at the toll-free number.
Step 5 : Reboot 123 HP Envy 5530 Printer
- Power up the printer on.
- Unplug the power cable from the hind side of your HP printer.
- Stay calm for a minute.
- Attach the power cable again into the electrical socket.
Step 6 : Examine 123 HP Envy 5530 Printer
Scrutinize the printer once you are finished with the above-mentioned steps. If the HP Envy 5530 Printer Troubleshooting issue exists, your 123 HP Envy 5530 Setup Printer needs to be serviced.