HP ENVY 4510 PRINTER
Features and Specifications
If you are looking for a printer that helps fulfill your home needs, then you can go with the HP Envy 4510 printer. With its thin, glossy and fit to space structure, it is useful for producing enormous printouts endlessly. A reasonably-priced printer that is available with two HP Envy 4510 Ink cartridges (Black and a Tri-color cartridge). It is an e-All-in-one 123.HP.Com Envy4510 printer that contains copy, scan, and fax along with print as its major functions.
HP Envy 4510 Printer Specifications
- Wireless and Wireless-Direct Connectivity (Manual & Automatic).
- Mobile printing solutions using various apps.
- Multi-function printer with Print, Copy, Scan and Fax.
- Automatic Document feeder with Duplex printing.
- Can print jobs consistently.
- Low budget printer.
- Slim, sleek and compact in design.
- Energy star certified printer that conserves power.
- Cannot be connected to a wired or Ethernet network.
- Slow printing.
- Relatively lower print quality.
- Duplex copy or scan unavailable
Although not ideal for office needs, the overall performance of the 123.HP.Com Envy4510 printer is satisfactory and relates purely for fulfilling home printing needs.
HP Envy 4510 Driver and Manual Download
Setting up your 123.HP.Com Envy4510 Printer for the First Time
Download and install the software on your Windows computer
- Make sure the HP Envy 4510 printer is powered on.
- Remove the USB cable from the printer, if it is connected with a computer or any other device.
- Go to our website and enter the HP Printer name and model in the product field.
- Go along with the prompts on the windows screen to get into the downloads page.
- Click Download under the 123.hp.com/envy4510 printer driver or software. Open the downloaded folder and then install it on your Windows computer.
Unpacking your new HP Envy 4510 Printer
Step 1: Unseal the box safely and take out the printer.
- The 123.hp.com envy4510 printer is covered with sticky tapes and stickers here and there and a few cables and cords that help to connect your Mac or Windows computer to the printer.
- Lift the printer from the box carefully and place it on a tidy surface; peel off the tapes and the packing materials around the printer.
- The printer’s control panel contains a protective sticker, which has to be removed.
- Hold the side handles of the printer and elevate the access door of the HP Envy 4510 Ink cartridge till it fits into place. Now pull out all tape and the supportive materials from the printer.
- Bring down the access door of the ink cartridge and shut it.
- Slightly lift the door of the input tray upward, grab it towards you so that the paper tray is extended and later remove the packing tape.
Step 2: Setting up your HP Envy 4510 printer to your computer.
Before connecting your 123.HP.Com Envy4510 printer to the power outlet, do the following: Move forward the input tray and close it till the tray cannot move further anymore. Discard the covers that were used for packing the materials inside the printer.
- Connect the printer to a power outlet, power on the device and then customize the preferred settings.
- One end of the power cord should be plugged into the rear of the printer, and the parallel end should be connected to an electrical outlet. Turn on your printer again.
- Choose your preferred language and country/region on the control panel of the printer, and then tap Yes to approve your option.
- The date and time are required to be set only if prompted. This can be done by tapping Yes on your choice and confirm it.
Step 3: Arranging the 123.HP.Com Envy4510 printer for printing a print job.
IF the cartridges have been aligned properly on your printer, an alignment page will be printed
- Insert plain A4 or U.S. letter size paper in the printer’s input tray.
- Pull out the door of the input tray to open it and extend it towards you by grabbing it gently.
- Move the width guides of the paper to its extreme end.
- Place a stack of A4 size paper into the tray; note that the smaller end should be moved forward with the print side down.
- Push the stack forward into the tray until it does not move any further.
- Align the paper width guides such that they do not bend or curl the paper stack. Slowly move the input tray forward and ensure it is fixed into its place.
Step 4: Setting up Ink cartridge system.
- Lift the access door of the ink cartridge and ensure that it firmly placed inside.
- Take out the cartridges from its pack and hold the black plastic alone on the HP Envy 4510 Ink cartridge.
- If you find a plastic tape covering your ink cartridge, peel it off.
- Uphold the lid over the ink cartridge slot.
- Handle the ink cartridge on its sides with the nozzles facing the 123.hp.com/envy4510 printer. And then push the cartridge forward into its slot till it fixes into its place firmly.
- Shut the lid over the ink cartridge slot to move it safely into its place.
- Follow the instructions in this step again to install the other ink cartridge.
- Once you replace the ink cartridge into its slot, shut the lid.
- Check if you are placing the black ink cartridge on the right and the color ink cartridge on the left side. Now bring down the lid to close the door of the ink cartridge.
Step 5: HP Envy 4510 Ink Cartridge alignment.
The 123.HP.Com Envy4510 printer prints an alignment page ensuring the print quality is maintained appropriately.
- Pull up the lid of the scanner. To check if the quality of the print is up to the mark, keep the alignment page with the print side facing the scanner glass. Confirm that the sheet is positioned as per the incised guides on the scanner glass.
- Click on OK and align the cartridges/ Click on Ok on the control panel.
Step 6: Printer software Installation.
With the previous steps, the HP Envy 4510 printer hardware is setup; initiate installing the printer software with the prompts instructed by your computer.
- You can either download the updated version of the software from our website or you can make use of the installation CD that has been provided with your printer box.
Easy Wireless Setup of HP Envy 4510 printer on your Mac and Windows Device
This document can be employed for both Windows and Mac computers to set up your 123.HP.Com Envy4510 printer. Before you proceed with the setup process, ensure that you are using a printer that is capable of printing wirelessly via a local network.
Follow steps to setup 123 HP Envy 4510 wireless connection
- Press the Wireless Button on the printer’s control panel.
- Go to Settings and then select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless connection.
- Enter your details, such as network username and password during the setup process.
- Insert your printer drivers CD-ROM, to install 123 HP Envy 4510 printer driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless setup.
How to change from a USB connection to a wireless network (Windows)?
- Click on the HP software icon and open it.
- From the options listed on the menu, click on Tools.
- Select Device 123.hp.com/setup 4510 & Software.
- Also, tap on Convert a USB connected printer to wireless.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to change the connection.
Organize the installation requirements and ensure that you meet all of them.
- Network name
- Network password: The password is known by other names as well such as the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
- A HP Envy 4510 wireless setup feature enabled computer that can be framed over a network.
- Internet access: It is always feasible to have a broadband Internet connection.
- The computer and router should be turned on and established over a similar wireless network when connected to the printer.
Connecting the printer to the wireless network.
- Check if your 123.hp.com/envy4510 printer is already turned on, if not turn it on.
- Tap the Wireless icon from the control panel of the printer that displays the Wireless screen.
- Access Settings with a simple touch on the control panel screen.
- Tap HP Envy 4510 wireless setup Wizard, and follow the onscreen prompts on the control panel. Now your 123.HP.Com Envy4510 printer should be connected to the wireless network.
Download the relevant HP Envy 4510 Printer Driver and install the software.
- Let the printer be turned on.
- If you have connected the printer to the computer with a USB cable, remove the cable from the printer.
- If you are prompted to choose a method to select the printer model, enter it and proceed with the instructions on your computer screen to reach the download page.
- Choose the full feature download, a recommended one that provides you access to complete printer functionality. Else click the download button that is next to Basic HP Envy 4510 Driver.
Using the features of HP Envy 4510 All-in-one printer
A print is required to physically verify or save the information on your computer and mobile phone. Customize your preferred print settings once the installation is completed. Click here to know how to print a document or image from your computer or mobile phone.
Make a quick photocopy from your e-All-in-one 123.HP.Com Envy4510 printer with high resolution. Save the copied document in an image file format and reprint the copies whenever required. Click here for simple steps to perform a single-sided and dual-sided copy with your printer.
Experience fast scans with the HP Envy 4510 printer and save the document or image you scan as a PDF that can be emailed as well. The saved scan file or the email helps you pull the data when required in the future for getting printouts even from scanned files. There are many ways to scan a document or image from.
Fax is an easy medium to transfer and exchange data among different locations within seconds. The fax feature in the HP Envy 4510 printer is an additional feature that keeps your tensions away when you are unable to perform a print function. Go to the link to know how to setup fax easily on your printer.
Steps to print a document
The 123.HP.Com Envy4510 printer supports different paper sizes and types such as A4 plain paper, envelopes, cards and labels. These steps are applicable for printing a document from your Windows and Mac computer.
- Access the print window to modify or reset print job settings and achieving high-quality printouts.
- Adjust the text size, font, layout options and appearance settings before printing.
- Click File or the Menu icon and then click Print to access the general print settings from the app that was used to create the document.
- For the advanced layout, quality and print settings, click Printer Properties, Properties or Preferences that may change as per the OS version.
- This will open the Document Properties or Printing Preferences window.
- Ensure that the settings below are considered while printing a job from your printer. The settings may vary as per the printer model. Access the settings accordingly.
- Portrait or Landscape Orientation: Layout, Finishing or Features tab Orientation Menu.
- Paper tray or source: Paper Quality Tab Source/ Paper Source.
- Paper Type: Paper/Quality or Features tab Type, Paper Type or Media.
- Paper size: Advanced options or Features tab Size or Paper size.
- Duplex printing: Layout, Finishing or Features tab->Print on Both Sides.
- Change the paper quality and color settings following the options below:
Paper/Quality Tab->Quality Settings or Media.
- Click on Advanced options for better quality printouts.
- Paper /Quality Tab->Color or Black & White.
- Click OK and then click Print.
- To alter the settings of the print job, access the print window. This change is required to achieve good quality output.
- The possible or required settings that can be changed before printing a job is adjusting the font size and style of the text, layout options and the appearance in the app that you made the document for.
- Click File and then click Print, which opens the printer settings window.
- Click Show Details if the below-listed menus are not visible.
- Choose the respective printer from the Printer menu.
- Under the Presets menu, choose an option that is applicable to change the print job or paper type.
- To choose various settings type, click the unnamed menu at the middle of the window and then change the succeeding settings. Please note that the print settings may change based on the model of the printer. Access and change the settings mentioned below as desired for obtaining best results.
- Paper type and size: Paper type/Quality or Media & Quality Settings-> Paper type or Media Type.
- Paper tray or source: Paper type/Quality or Media & Quality Settings->Feed From or Paper Source.
- Quality (Draft, Normal, Best and Maximum DPI): Paper Type/Quality or Media & Quality Settings->Quality or Print Quality.
- Duplex Printing: Layout Menu->Two-sided or Paper Handling->Pages to Print.
- Scale to fit the paper size: Paper Handling settings->Scale to fit paper size->Destination Paper size.
- Click Print and complete the printing process.
Steps to copy a document or photo
This document helps you create mixed or printed copies of documents and images. Follow the instructions presented in the same order and start copying on your HP Envy 4510 printer with ease.
Step 1: Insert the actual document or photo on the copier.
- Place the original document in the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) tray or over the scanner glass to copy it.
- The scanner glass is used to make a one-sided and two-sided copy as well.
- Check if the printer is turned on previously, if not turn it on.
- Place the original document or image as advised below:
- ADF: If you are using the automatic document feeder to copy the document place it on the document feeder tray with the print side facing upward and the top edge of the document moving first into the ADF tray.
- Align the width guides so that the document fits into it. The ADF tray accepts up to 35 sheets of paper at a time. To copy photos, make use of the scanner glass instead of the ADF in order to avoid damage to the photos.
- Insert the actual image with the print side facing down the scanner glass, and align it according to the mark shown near the glass; bring down the scanner lid.
Step 2: Making a photocopy of the document or image.
This step is to increase the quality of the copy by changing the settings such as paper size & type, and the appearance (brightness increase/decrease) after placing it in the ADF.
- Tap the Copy icon from the home screen of the control panel of the printer.
- Tap the keypad icon or mark the required number of photocopies.
- To set the advanced copy settings, tap the Settings icon
- If you wish to make a double-sided copy, then choose On under the 2-sided copy option through the scanner glass. The second page that needs a copy should be loaded on the glass when prompted.
- Check if the input tray is loaded with the appropriate paper size and type before you initiate the copy job.
- Change the size of the image or copy it as per the original size by choosing the size on the image before pressing the copy button.
- Click on Back and then on Start Color or Start Black to copy.
Scan a document or image using 123.HP.Com Envy4510 printer for both Windows and Mac
The scanning option helps you conserve the hardcopy of the document or image as a softcopy on any of the storage devices. There are a few apps that come as a built-in feature with HP Envy 4510 printer. Let’s have a look at the functioning of scan through the apps.
Before you proceed to scan, determine if your printer is setup with the latest full-feature driver or basic HP Envy 4510 Driver based on its model number. These apps work on Windows computers with 8 or 10 version.
For Windows PC or Laptop:
HP Scan Software: Press the Start button, key in your printer model in the Search box and look for 123.HP.Com Envy4510 Printer Assistant and HP Scan, and double-click to open it.
Compatibility:HP Printers introduced in 2011 and further and works on Windows XP or higher. Another software named HP Solution Center software similar to the above is available. It follows a method similar to the HP Scan Software to initiate a scan but works on printers that were released in 2010 and before.
Windows Paint: From the Windows Search box, type Paint, find the software and open it. Windows Paint lets you scan and edit the document or photo as image files such as JPEG, TIFF, GIF & PNG and not as PDF. Compatible with Windows XP version and higher.
HP Scan and Capture: This particular software can be downloaded from Microsoft store and installed on your PC. It makes your job simple by scanning from your computer or computer camera and allows you to edit, save, or share the files that were scanned.
As for Windows, there are a few apps that support Mac devices as well.
Before proceeding with the scan job, it is important to check if your Mac computer is installed with the appropriate scan driver.
HP Easy Scan app: This app does not incur any download or installation charges and is compatible with Mac OS or OS X 10.9 and higher. Make use of the link provided on our website to download the app and get it installed on your Mac computer.
123.HP.Com Envy4510 Scan Software: This software is supported by both Windows and Mac and should have the full-feature HP Envy 4510 Printer Driver installed on your Mac computer based on the printer model. It is compatible with Mac OS X10.11 or greater.
Apple Image Capture: This is an inbuilt application in your Mac computer that is compatible with Mac OS and OS X 10.11 and previous versions that contain only basic scan functions. When you opt for a scan option, this application pops up automatically on your Mac device.
Explore the scan features on your printer’s control panel and scan extremely.
To have an uninterrupted scan, it is important to verify that your 123.HP.Com Envy4510 printer has been installed with the required scan software. This follows inserting the document or photo that you wish to scan into the scanner and then operating the scan button from the printer’s front panel.
Step 1: Placing the image or document.
From this step, you will learn how to scan a photo or document through your 123.hp.com/setup 4510 printer and to save the scanned file to any desired folder on your PC.
- Power on the printer and turn it on.
- Choose a method from the below to initiate scanning:
- Scanner glass: Keep the actual media with the print side facing down on the scanner glass, and then place it as per the mark shown on the glass. Now shut the lid of the scanner.
- ADF: If your 123.HP.Com Envy4510 printer is supported by an ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) by default, then place the media on the ADF tray surface. Ensure that the print side is facing up and the top edge of the media moves into the ADF tray first. The paper width guides are to be aligned so that it fits the document or image.
Step 2: Performing the scan operation of the document or image you desire.
There are many ways allowed by this HP Envy 4510 printer to save a scanned document as per your required format.
- Touch Scan option on the control panel of the printer and then tap the computer name that you require the scanned document to be saved.
- Choose a format to save the scanned file that Select a scan option that relates to the document or image you are scanning. The supportive file format types are:
- PDF: Saves the document without editing option.
- OCR: Preinstalled part of the HP Envy 4510 Printer Driver that helps to edit in a word program.
- JPEG: Suitable format for saving both documents and photos.
- Email as PDF & JPEG: Attach the scanned PDF or document as a non-editable email attachment.