Best Support for 123.hp.com/envy4520 Printer
The HP Envy is designed to perfection. It is so small and compact that one might not notice it. Its minimalist design does not defer it from having valuable features. It is recommended as an affordable printer for people who print occasionally. 123.hp.com/envy4520 is one of the sleekest all-in-one printers in the market. It is part of HP’s Envy series which always lean toward a slim design.
123 HP Envy 4520 Features and Specifications
123 HP Envy 4520 printer that can print, copy and scan. It operates with 2 cartridges. It has a input tray capacity of 100 sheets. It supports USB 2.0, WiFi, AirPrint, and Google Cloud Print for connectivity. It has a monthly duty cycle of 1000 pages with a recommended monthly volume of 100 – 200 pages. It offers a maximum printing resolution of up to 1200 X 1200 dpi for black and 4800 X 1200 dpi for color. It delivers a maximum printing speed of 20 ppm and a maximum printing speed of 16 ppm for color.Once
HP ENVY 4520 Features:
- Duplex printing.
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct.
- Support mobile device.
- Excellent print quality.
123.HP.Com/Envy4520 Printer Setup
Setting up your printer involves unpacking, connecting the power cord, loading paper into the input tray, installing ink cartridges, aligning the ink cartridges, and installation of printer software.
- Unbox the 123 HP Envy 4520 printer. Peel off all tape and packing materials from the exterior of the printer. Remove all tapes and shipping restraints from the interior of the printer.
- Connect the printer to a power source. Switch on the printer and set your language and country/region preferences in the control panel.
- Draw out the input tray and extend it toward you. Shift the paper width guides to their extreme positions. Load a stack of A4 sheets with the short edge forward and print side facing down.
- Move the stack into the tray until it halts. Shift the paper width guides until they recline against the edges of the paper and then draw the input tray forward until it snaps into position.
- Unbox the ink cartridge. Lift the ink cartridge access door until it locks into position. The carriage shifts slightly to the left. Once the carriage is inactive and quiet, peel off the plastic tape from the ink cartridge and insert it into its slot.
- After installing the ink cartridges, your printer will print automatically an alignment page. Place the page in the scanner, and press the OK button in the control panel. The printer aligns the ink cartridges. Install the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer software to complete the installation.
HOW TO SETUP 123 HP ENVY 4520 PRINTER
123.HP.Com/Envy4520 – eprint Setup
To setup HP ePrint make sure that your printer and device from which you wish to print are connected to the internet. Turn on the Web Services from the printer control panel or the Embedded Web Server. Once you turn on the Web Services, HP Envy 4520 will print the Make the most of your printer or Important printer setup instructions sheet. The page will contain the printer’s email address. Use it in the to field to send print jobs to your printer.
123.HP.Com/Envy4520 – AirPrint Setup
To use AirPrint you will need an Apple iOS 4.2 device or later installed on the Apple iOS device. Your HP printer must also support AirPrint. Your printer and the Apple iOS device should be on the same local network or your printer must offer Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct. If a ‘No AirPrint Printers found’ message appears, try connecting your 123 HP Envy 4520 printer via a wireless connection using a wireless network or through Wi-Fi Direct.
UPDATING FIRMWARE ON 123 HP ENVY 4520 PRINTER
Firmware is a low-level software that communicates with high-level software. It is a software that is designed specifically for a particular piece of hardware. Installing the most recent and updated version of your printer’s firmware ensure smooth functioning of your device.
Upgrade directly from the printerCloud-based printing services that include ePrint, printer apps, firmware upgrades and printing directly from the control panel. 123.HP.Com Envy4520 printers can use a different Internet connection to identify and install upgrades.
- Go to the printer upgrades features. Menu names and icons differ by the printer.
- Printers with an ePrint button or icon: Press the HP ePrint icon, click Settings or Setup if required, and then click Printer Update or Check Printer Updates.
- Printers with text-based menus: Click the Setup, Service or Settings menu, choose Preferences, Printer Maintenance or Tools if required, and then click Web Services and printer Updates.
- If you are instructed to sign up or accept the terms of service, follow the instructions to activate Web Services and configure automatic upgrades. This guidance sets up the printer’s Internet connection so it can receive upgrades.
- In case the printer does not automatically start the upgrades, click Check for upgrades or a similar menu to initiate the upgrades.
- You can update the firmware directly from the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer. Navigate to the printer update feature. For printers with an ePrint button or icon, tap the HP ePrint icon or button, tap Settings or Setup if required, then tap Product update or check Product updates.
- If you are using a printer with a text based menu, choose the Setup, Service or Settings menu, choose Preferences, Printer Maintenance or Tools if required, then choose Web Services, Printer Update, or LaserJet update.
- If you are required to sign up or accepts terms of service, follow any on-screen instructions to activate Web Services and configure automatic updates. This process sets up the printer’s internet connection so it can get updates. If the printer does not start the update process by itself, choose the Updates or a similar menu to begin the update.
- You can download the firmware from HP’s website. Enter your printer model, if a firmware is listed, choose Download for your OS. If not, there is no update currently available for your 123 HP Envy 4520 printer.
- Choose Use HP Download and Install Assistant (Recommended), choose Next, and then choose Install Now. In the HP Printer Update Window that appears, if the printer serial number appears, choose the check box next to it and choose update.
- If the serial number appears but the status is ‘not applicable’ or grayed out, choose cancel. In case the serial number is not shown and your printer uses a network connection, attach a USB cable. After 20 seconds, choose refresh. Once the serial number is shown, choose the check box by its side, and then choose update.
- When the update completes choose OK. If you are connected via USB cable to update your printer remove the printer from your Devices and Printers and detach your USB cable.
- For Mac, open the HP Firmware Update. Choose HP Envy 4520 and choose continue. If the Device is ready to be reflashed appears, choose Continue to update the firmware. Choose Done after the update finishes. If there is no update available for your 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer, Choose Cancel.
123 HP Envy 4520 – USB Printer Setup For Windows & Mac
- If you have connected to the printer before you installed the printer driver and software. Remove the printer from the Devices and Printer list in Windows. Right-click the icon(s) for HP Envy 4520, and then choose remove device.
- Download the full feature printer driver for your HP Envy 4520 from us. Once the Download is complete, run the file. When required by the installer to select 123 HP Envy 4520 printer connection type, choose USB to continue with and finish the setup.
- Do not connect the printer to the computer via a USB cable before installing the printer software. Download the full feature printer driver for your 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer model from us. If you are required to choose a connection type, choose USB. During installation, confirm that HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is selected. This ensures that all scanner features are available for use.
- If you are required to add the printer to the printer queue, choose HP Envy 4520, select the Use or Print Using menu, choose HP Envy 4520 in the pop-up menu and choose Add. Go back to the HP installer to finish the installation.
123 HP Envy 4520 Printing With Wi-Fi Direct
- Turn on Wi-Fi Direct. For printers with a control panel, tap the Wi-Fi Direct icon to show the Wi-Fi direct name and password. If the option shows, Choose Automatic to print without a password or choose Manual to approve the print job from the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer or to require a password.
- To print from a Android device, make sure that the mobile device has the recent version of HP Print Service Plugin (recommended) or Mopria Print Service installed. After enabling Wi-fi on your mobile, tap print from the document you want to print. Approve the Direct-XX-HP (your printer model name) that appears as your printer on the print plugin screen. If a different printer name appears then tap the name to show a list of available printer, and then choose Direct-xx-HP [your printer model name].Tap Print.
- To print from your computer, choose the wireless icon and then choose Direct-xx-HP [your printer model name[ from the networks available. If required, provide the Wi-Fi Direct password. Open the file and choose File > Print. Choose your printer model and select Print. After the print job is complete reconnect the computer to your usual wireless network.
- For Windows 10 laptop/computer, Open Devices and Printers, choose Add a Device, Choose Direct-XX-HP [your printer model name] from the list of printers, and then choose Next. Enter the PIN code when required in the Add device wizard on the computer, and then choose Next to complete the setup.
How to print a document in 123 HP Envy 4520
- Prior to printing, edit the document to alter text, font and size, select layout option to alter any visual settings. To access these settings, from the software you created the document, choose File or the menu icon, then choose Print to access General Print Settings.
- To configure more layout, quality and advanced print settings, choose 123.hp.com/envy4520 Printer Properties, Properties, or Preferences. The Document Properties or Printing Preferences window appears. Make the necessary changes, choose OK and then Choose Print.
- Prior to printing, edit the document to alter text, font and size, choose layout options, and to alter any visual settings. To change these settings, in the software you created the document, choose File and then select Print.
- The 123.hp.com/envy4520 Printer settings window opens. Choose HP Envy 4520 from the printer menu. From the presets menu, choose an option that matches your print job or paper variety. Select the unnamed menu in the middle of window to choose different setting types, then alter any of the available settings. Choose Print.
How to scan a document in 123.hp.com/envy4520
Scanning allows you to store a physical document in the form of a digital file. You can only scan compatible media that meets your scanners’ specification. Follow the instructions below to scan a document using HP Software and to Scan to email.
Scan with 123 HP Envy 4520 Software
- Download and install the full feature printer driver for your printer. If your 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer does not have a scan button or a touch screen you can use HP Software to scan. Place the document to be scanned in the scanner glass, and follow the instructions appropriate for your Operating System.
- In Windows, search windows for ‘HP’, choose HP Envy 4520 in the results window to access HP Printer Assistant, and then choose Scan a Document or Photo to open HP Scan. Select a shortcut that matches the file type and resulting action you want, and then alter any of the available settings of the right pane. Choose OK or the save icon in the shortcut to store the configuration. Repeat this process for each scan shortcut, based on your requirements for each scan job type.
- For Mac, Search mac for scan, and then choose HP Easy Scan in the list of results to open the software. Choose HP Envy 4520 from the scanner drop down menu. Choose a scan job type from the presets menu, and then choose Scan. Choose the thumbnail of the scanned item in the left pane, and then choose Edit to edit the scan. Choose Send in the bottom right corner of the window, and then choose Folder. In the window that appears, approve the file name and the file location. Choose save.
123 HP Envy 4520 Scan to Email
- To scan a document to email, you will need a local email client or web-based email account configure through your local email client. For printers with touch screen or LCD control panels, navigate to the the Scan menu on the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer, choose your computer name, and then choose Email as PDF or Email as JPEG. A new e-mail message open by itself on the computer.