Quick 123.hp.com/envy5540 Printer Setup
Setting up your 123 HP ENVY 5540 for the First Time
Your initial 123.hp.com/envy5540 setup procedure is made easier with our professional’s instructions in this manual.
Step 1 : Unbox your HP Envy 5540 Setup from the Pack
- The primary step is to lift the printer from its package box. Unpack it and free it from the packing materials and the plastic tapes.
- Take away the sticker from the printer control panel.
- Open up the scanner lid in order to remove the plastic tapes present inside it.
- You can close the scanner cover after removing the tapes present inside it.
- Make sure that no plastic tapes are present inside the printer before proceeding to next steps.
- No plastic cover should be present inside the photo tray.
- Once all the paper and packing materials are removed, you can proceed to next step in this manual.
Step 2 : Check the materials that are shipped along with the printer
All the packing materials and plastic tapes should be removed from all over the printer and should be recycled or discarded. The materials that are shipped with the printer pack might vary by country/region.
Step 3 : Link up your power cord arrange references
Here,you get to know how to link your printer to the power supply to switch on your printer.
- Establish the power supply to the printer by connecting one end of the power cable to the electrical socket and the other end to the rear portion of the printer.
- Turn on the printer.
- Once the printer has been powered up, go to the printer’s control panel and choose the preferred language.
FIGURE : HP ENVY 5540 Printer Unbox Setup
Step 4 : Setup the HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridges into the printer
You should use genuine ink cartridges to obtain a good quality print. The steps given below let you setup the ink cartridge into the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer.
- Open the ink cartridge access door with utmost care. Once the door is opened you will receive the alert message: The ink cartridge access door is open. Close the door to continue on the printer control panel.
- Unpack the ink cartridge which came along with the printer package. Avoid touching areas other than the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- Take the ink cartridge from the protective tape.
- The ink cartridge should be installed with utmost care. The tri-color ink cartridge should occupy the left slot whereas the black ink cartridge should occupy the right slot.
- Once the HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridges are installed, the door should be closed. While doing so, the Door open message vanishes and the printer control panel gets back to the Home screen.
- Press Ok and hold on until the printer finishes the calibration cycle.
Step 5 : Fill the paper tray with new unused paper
Prior to installing the ink cartridge into the printer, the paper tray should be loaded with the new unused paper.
- Hold the handle to pull out the tray.
- You can view the Close Tray screen on the HP Envy 5540 Setup control panel with the message – ‘A paper tray is open. Make sure the paper you want to use is loaded, and then close the tray to continue.’
- Load the paper into the tray.
- Once the paper gets loaded, slide the photo tray in until it fits into place.
- Hold on until the printer prints an alignment page on its own.
- Go along with the prompts if the alignment page is not printed by the printer.
- Open up the scanner cover, mount the alignment with the printed side facing down on the scanner glass.
- Click OK after closing the scanner cover.
- Now the alignment page is scanned by the printer.
- Click Finish and then you can discard the alignment page.
Step 6 : Install the printer software on your 123.HP.Com Envy5540 printer
Once all the hardware has been properly setup, go ahead to install the printer software on your printer. You are instructed to connect the printer to the computer at some point in time. Until then, you should not connect it.
How to Perform HP Envy 5540 Printer Setup and Install?
Steps for setup and driver installation:
- Go to 123.hp.com/setup 5540
- Downlod Driver Software for 123.hp.com/envy5540 Printer.
- Enter your printer model and click Begin for your HP Envy 5540 Driver Download.
- Click Download, then Open, Save or Run on the window that displays, to download the driver
- Double click on the driver file downloaded to your computer to start the installation process.
- Follow the on screen instructions and complete the HP Envy5540 printer connection setup and the driver installation.
- Now come back to HP Envy 5540 Setup Page to finish the 123 HP Envy5540 printer registration and activation.
Download and install the software on your Windows computer:
- Make sure the HP Envy 5540 printer is powered on.
- Remove the USB cable from the printer, if it is connected with a computer or any other device.
- Go to our website and enter the HP Printer name 123 HP Setup 5540 and model in the product field.
- Go along with the prompts on the windows screen to get into the downloads page.
- Click Download under the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer driver or software. Open the downloaded folder and then install it on your Windows computer.
123.HP.Com Envy5540 Printer USB Setup For Windows & Mac OS
This instruction is to setup the printer for through USB connection for computers running on Windows. Your Windows computer must be installed with the full feature HP Envy 5540 driver to avail most supported features from a USB connected printer.
HP Envy 5540 Wireless Setup Instruction for Windows
Step 1 : Downloading the software and making a wireless connection to the printer
It is essential to connect your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer to the network before sending the print/ scan job based on the required functionality. Once the connection is established, the installation of software should be done. Find below the instructions that let you to set up your printer over the wireless network.
Step 2 : Making the wireless connection on your 123.HP.Com Envy5540 printer
- Get ready with all the required materials before establishing the network connection on the printer.
- Once it is downloaded, open the file to install it.
- You are provided with the instructions to complete the 123 hp com envy5540 installation process.
- Gather the network name, security passphrase.
- Own a computer with an active internet connection.
- It is recommended to use a cable or DSL.
- Don’t forget to place the HP Envy 5540 Setup close to the computer at the time of installation.
- Place the router, computer and the printer nearer to each other.
- Remove USB or Ethernet cable linked to the printer.
- Here are the instructions for the users who used a USB connection earlier and wish to shift the connection to the HP Envy 5540 wireless setup.
- Open Windows and search for the model name of the printer, and then tap it from the list.
- The printer software gets opened.
- Open Utilities -> Printer Setup & Software Selection.
- Tap the option Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer.
- Go after the on-screen instructions to finish the 123 hp com envy5540 installation process.
Step 3 : Make a link to the 123 HP Envy 5540 wireless setup network
- Goto Built-in Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Setup 123.hp.com/envy5540 over the wireless network.
- Your 123 HP Envy 5540 printer should be kept Switch On.
- Enable Wireless by pressing the Wireless icon on the printer control panel.
- Tap Settings icon -> Wireless Setup Wizard to view the list of available network.
- Select your 123 HP Envy 5540 setup printer name. To enter the network name manually by clicking the Enter New Network Name option if is not shown on its own.
- Enter the WEP or WPA key if instructed. You should be careful while entering it as they are case sensitive.
- Click Done and then Ok on 123.hp.com/setup 5540 printer.
Step 4 : Download and install the correct HP Envy 5540 Setup software on your computer
The procedures on how to download and install the HP Envy 5540 driver are given here for you:
- Take out the USB cable from the computer which is already used.
- Go along with the on- screen instructions to complete the Download and install the driver.
HP Envy 5540 wireless setup Instruction for Mac
Collect the wireless network items, establish the wireless connection, install the HP Envy 5540 driver and software on your Mac whose operating system is either OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, or OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion.
- If the printer is not already installed, go ahead with Set up the printer with a wireless connection steps.
- Take a look at the Change an existing USB or wired (Ethernet) connection to a wireless connection steps to shift the connection type.
The procedure to setup the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer over the wireless network is the same as explained for Windows operating system. Shifting the existing connection from USB or wired to a wireless connection.Installing the printer software or the OS-driver is mandatory to shift the current connection type from USB or wired to wireless.Step 2 : Establishing the printer to the wireless network
Make use of the Wireless Setup Wizard to setup your printer over the wireless network.
- Switch on your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer.
- Go to the printer control panel to enable the Wireless icon, then click the Settings icon. Go to the Wireless Setup Wizard to see the list of available networks.
- Go with the name of your wireless network. If you can’t get the network name, you should enter it manually in Enter new Network Name column.
- If directed, you should enter the WEP or WPA key.
- Tap Done and then go with OK.
Eliminate and re-include the printer to ensure communication with the Mac.
- Open the Apple menu, go to System Preferences to view the System preferences window.
- Tap Print & Fax, Print & Scan, Printers & Scanners as per your requirement.
- Your printer name should be selected from the Printers section, then tap the Minus sign to eliminate the printer from the current list.
- The link established by the USB cable should be removed from the printer.
- Once the printer gets eliminated from the list, tap the Plus sign, choose your printer from the Bonjour device’s list, then click on Add.
Step 4 : 123 HP Envy 5540 WPS Setup
- Press the Wireless Button on control panel.
- Go to Settings and then select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless connection.
- Enter your details, such as network username and password during the setup process.
- Insert your printer drivers CD-ROM, to install 123 HP Envy 5540 printer driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the 123 HP Envy 5540 setup wireless setup.
HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting
This document provides you the steps to overcome the 123 HP Envy 5540 printer issue when it does not maintain wireless network connection after 123.hp.com/envy5540 setup. When this issue occurs, the printer goes offline and does not let you print or scan.Hence before following these steps, ensure that your HP Envy 5540 Setup is connected to a wireless network.
How to Clear HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridges Problem?
The printer does not print after installing the ink cartridge or if the ‘Cartridges missing’ or ‘Ink Cartridges problem’ error message displays on the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer control panel. Read and perform the steps given below to resolve the cartridge issue.
Step 1 : Make sure you use genuine and reliable HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridges
Go to HP SureSupply to check ink or toner cartridge compatibility or obtain replacement cartridges and other supplies.
- Go to HP SureSupply.
- If required, choose your country/region.
- Follow the prompts on the computer screen to order new products or check cartridge compatibility with your 123 HP Envy 5540 printer.
You can also buy genuine HP cartridges and supplies from other stores. If installing reliable HP ink cartridges resolved the issue, you can discontinue HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting.
Step 2 : Inspect the HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridges
Examine the ink cartridges to find the faulty cartridges that are to be replaced.
Steps to be followed to inspect the cartridges:
- Switch on your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer using the power button.
- Open the ink cartridge access door by lifting it.
- Pull the ink cartridge towards you to release it from its slot.
- See if there are any protective tapes that are sticking onto the ink cartridge nozzles.
- Replace the ink cartridge into the empty slot by sliding it towards in, and then push the ink cartridge upwards until it snaps into place.
- Reinsert the tri-color ink cartridge into the left slot.
- Reinsert the black ink cartridge into the right slot.
- Repeat the instructions given above to remove, inspect, and reinsert the other ink cartridge.
- Lower the ink cartridge access door. When the door is closed completely, the Door Open prompts a message, ‘The cover or door must be closed to print. Check that it is completely closed.’ fades, and the HP Envy 5540 Setup gets back to the Home screen.
Step 3 : Clean the cartridge contacts,
- Take a clean and dry swab and filtered water.
- Power on your 123 HP Envy 5540 printer.
- Open the access door of the ink cartridge and then unplug the power cable.
- Unplug any USB cables that is connected and press on any of the cartridges to pull it out of its slot.
- Holding the sides of the ink cartridge, make certain to not touch the copper contacts present on the cartridge.
- Make use of a moist and lint-free swab, clean the cartridge contacts and let it dry for a few minutes
- Also, clean the electrical contacts in the cartridge access area and let the contacts dry for a while.
- Insert the cartridges into their respective slots.
- Shut the access door of the cartridge.
- Reinsert the power cable and the USB cable. Power on your HP Envy 5540 Setup.
Step 4 : Remove and reinsert the HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridges again
Repeat the steps that you have performed earlier to remove and then reinsert the ink cartridges. The cartridges must be placed firmly into its place.
If the error does not display on the control panel and you can able to print, you can discontinue the HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting steps.
If the cartridge error persists displaying on the printer control panel, continue to the next step.
Step 5 : Clean the electrical contacts once again
Cleaning the ink cartridge contacts once again can help resolve the cartridge issue. Repeat the steps that you have performed earlier to clean the electrical contacts on the HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridges.
Step 6 : Reset the 123.hp.com/setup envy 5540 printer
- Switch on your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer and unplug the power cable.
- Wait for a while.
- Reinsert the power cable on the Envy 5540 printer and the wall socket.
- Switch on the printer.
- If the cartridge error persists, try executing the next step.
Step 7 : Replace the ink cartridge with a new ink cartridge
Replace the faulty cartridge with a new cartridge and then align the 123.hp.com/setup envy 5540 printer.